Top 100 Airlines

Air Berlin

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"tripping over one another"

Verified Review | Passengers are tripping over one another due to the tight quarters on this A330. I saw several people who had to put their feet and let's into the aisle as they simply do not fit where they are supposed to fit. Air Berlin offers terrible service at top prices.
Date FlownSeptember 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"Seats the worst I have experienced"

Few from Los Angeles to Bologna via Düsseldorf with Air Berlin. Poor entertainment system. Seats were the worst I have experienced in many years of transatlantic flying. My hard shell Luggage was broken on the outgoing and I had to buy a new one on return flight and I am still sending emails back and forth to be compensated.
Date FlownJuly 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"will try and avoid this airline"

(Spain)

I have flown with AA miles in this airline 3 times in a year. Superb service, reasonably good food, but seats are terribly tight. I am 6.2", even so on a 9 hour flight, there is no possible position you can adopt and feel slightly comfortable for over an hour. Iberia definitely is a lot better, same planes I think. I will try and avoid this airline in the future.
Date FlownJune 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"seat width is also pretty tight"

Legroom was non existent in economy - I wished I had spent the extra money on an XL seat. I'm 1.77cm and was pretty uncomfortable in my seat - the guy next to me would have been slightly taller maybe and had to spread his legs out wide to fit which made my flight even more uncomfortable. I saw a lot of people with the same problem - the width is also pretty tight. I'm tall but slim and found that I had to fold my arms to not actually touch my neighbour's shoulders for the entire flight. The young boy in front of me reclined his seat at the first opportunity for the entire flight and I had the screen literally in my face and had in turn to recline my seat to make do. I'd not fly Air Berlin again just based on the space issue - their tickets were not cheaper than the other airlines I usually fly so it's not like that would explain it.
Aircraft TypeA330-220
Date FlownJuly 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"2a claustrophobic experience "

Flew from Boston to Düsseldorf on an A330. Standard service, food not bad and a very good entertainment system. Unfortunately, the rows are so close together that the whole flight was very uncomfortable. After such a claustrophobic experience I would not fly Air Berlin again.
Seat Layout2-4-2
Date FlownMay 2016

"Leg space satisfying"

(Romania)

Good airline, on time and the cabin crew were very helpful. Leg space satisfying. Ground services excellent. Flew from Bucharest to Nuremberg with a layover in Berlin. Return from Berlin to Bucharest and a crew who made you feel at home, the captain described the cities we flew over as the clouds made it impossible to see anything. For those who are afraid of losing luggage especially on a trip with stopover in Berlin, by all means, arrive as early as possible at the departing airport and do not choose a very short layover. Tegel may be small but there are thousands of bags that need to be sorted out.
Aircraft TypeA320 / Dash 8-400
Seat Layout3x3, 2x2
Date FlownApril 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"thinner seats are poorly designed"

(Spain)

The new A320 has thinner seats and are poorly designed. They do not take into account that people can have extra long upper legs, so that results in several of us passengers, including me, being forced to spread legs and put one outside in the aisle. We do not fit behind the chair anymore. I was not the only one complaining and neither of us was a tall person (I am 1,75 cm tall). Additionally the new tables on these chairs do not fold out properly, which results in them not fitting between belly and back so not coming down completely, which results in the table being pushed too far back. Even the nice stewardess confirmed the problem. I like Air Berlin for their service, reliability and good price, but their seats are awful and that makes the trip extremely uncomfortable.
Aircraft TypeA320
Seat Layout3x3
Date FlownDecember 2015

"worth paying for"

DUS-JFK-DUS with Air Berlin. They do not have a Premium Economy but I decided to try the XL-seat that they are now offering. These are standard economy seats with a pitch that has been increased to 36 inches - the rest of the service remains standard. Extra costs for the XL seat are 79 Euros per leg if booked at least 72 hours in advance. However, I can recommend this as worth paying for. Acceptable pricing for a lot of more comfort due to the additional leg space.

"narrow and cramped"

The economy seats on Air Berlin A330-200 were narrow and cramped; if you are over 5'7" tall, good luck to you. The aisles were generally narrow, and towards the rear of the plane, they were more so. However, the video screens on the seat backs were of adequate size and worked fairly well.
Seat Storage 12345

"seat pitch is the same"

We flew Düsseldorf to Curaçao on 28 Dec. They charge a fee for different seat locations and we paid for preferred seating which means you disembark faster - not true, so money for nothing and the seat pitch is the same. Outbound flight was okay but with poor cabin service. Very intimate and only 1 bottle of small water offered during the 10 hour and 30 minute flight, most airlines on long haul do juice and water rounds frequently. Seat pitch is very very uncomfortable. The cabin crew were very scruffy. They were taking companions as it was new year and more time seem to be spent with them then the fare paying customer. The return flight was 9th December and the cabin crew were very different, attention to detail and smart and friendly. Once again seat pitch is very poor and uncomfortable.Food on board was very tasty and well presented. I did have some queries prior to travel but responses differed between telephone and email communication - then resulted in no communication at all. My view is that the airline is not very customer focused and trying to compete in the long haul field with little experience. I also felt safety procedures were compromise on the connecting flights, lack of proper and thorough cabin secure checks ie. People still using mobiles for take off and landing, seat backs reclined during the stage of flight and hand baggage not stowed properly under seats.