Best Economy Class Seats

Aer Lingus

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"considerable discomfort"

I recently flew home to Ireland on the 24th of May 2016. I booked an aisle seat with the aisle to my left hand side as I had recent surgery on my left hand and arm and wished to avoid the discomfort of jolting my arm against someone else's personal space. Having paid extra to book my seat, prior to takeoff I discovered the seat was broken as it wouldn't stay upright. I was asked by the staff to move seat and was moved to one beside a mother with a cot. The staff and mother were very accomodating and I have no complaints in this regard. The aisle was now to my right, negating the purpose of paying for the previous seat and causing considerable discomfort for the duration of the flight. However, having submitted a written complaint to Aer Lingus via the staff I have yet to hear from the company. I provided home addresses in the USA and Ireland along with my email. I feel this is unnacceptable for an international air line offering a professional service.
Aircraft TypeA330-200
Seat Layout2x3x2
Date FlownMay 2016

"point A to point B"

We were in the seats about halfway back in Economy. The seat pitch was no greater than you would find on any US airline and the spacing between seats is just as bad. In fact the person in the seat in front of mean leaned back and it felt like they were almost in my lap. This is so bad that prior to the meal service they flight attendants ask the passengers to put their seats up until after the dinner was completed. One of our TV's touch screen didn't work well and the person in the seat two rows up had no video at all during the flight. The flight was a means to get from point A to point B.
Aircraft TypeA330-300
Date FlownOctober 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"don't recline very much"

The seats on the A330 were okay to the USA, the leg room isn't bad at all - it could be a bit better. It's impossible to sleep in these seats for me but that's probably because I can't sleep sitting up - I need to lay down or be able to lay against the side of cabin / Window which I couldn't do on my return trip to Dublin since I was in the middle row of seats. They don't recline very much either this could be improved and it would be easier for me to sleep
Aircraft TypeA330
Date FlownSeptember 2015
Power Supply 12345
Seat Storage 12345

"seats are a bit tight but bearable"

The seats are a bit tight but bearable. If you're courteous to others they will be courteous to you. Everyone is in the same seat so ask your neighbor, be it front or back if any issues come up and all should be good!
Aircraft TypeA330
Date FlownJuly 2015
Power Supply 12345
Seat Storage 12345

"tight width and leg room"

Appeared new. Good PTV entertainment. Seats have tight width and leg room. Difficult to enter/exit with seat in front reclined. Feet comfort poor due to restriction from under seat equipment.
Aircraft TypeAirbus A330