TAP Portugal

Lounge Reviews

Lounge Comfort 12345
Washrooms/Showers 12345
Internet/Wifi 12345

"seats are dirty, overcrowded"

Verified Review | I never write reviews but this time I could not help myself with a hopeless idea that someone who manages the lounge and its people can take an action to improve the quality. I flew TAP Portugal first time from Boston to Barcelona with a layover in Lisbon. I upgraded to a business class ticket and my experience in my first Boston-Lisbon flight was great. Unfortunately the lounge in Lisbon was a complete turn off for me and I don't think TAP Portugal and Lisbon airport will be my choice next time. After skimming through the comments before mine, it is clear - the food is mediocre, the seats are dirty, overcrowded, people fighting for coffee cups. But the reason I am leaving the review is because of the customer service - People. A woman who was working in the lounge was openly rude to me, I approached her very politely, asking where I can find milk for the cereal, then it just went downhill. After the look she gave me that was worth a thousand words, she told me "There!" pointing in a direction of the counter with cereals where I just came from, then, she told me rolling her eyes: "it is right here, can't you see?" in the most rude manner. It was stream of hot milk barely coming out of a Nespresso machine. I asked her: "Is this a milk for the cereal? Hot? You don't have cold?" after what I was afraid she is going to scream at me, which she thankfully didn't but the nespresso machine spilled milk all around it so she was clearly mad cleaning the mess. I said "Ok thank you" and left the bowl because I am not sure how it is in Portugal but usually people don't eat their cereal with hot milk. As I was walking away she said in a bit higher tone "You are welcome". It is not a customer service of an airport that wants to offer the best (or at least good) quality and experience, she was not "not polite" to me, she was openly rude. And that attitude translates into dirty chairs, not stocked cups, dirty washrooms (disgusting), unhappy reviews and customers choosing another connecting airport. Hire new people, retrain the ones you have but the gap is there and if you want people to come back you have to do something about it. One of the questions is if I would recommend the airline I flew with - yes if you don't have any layover in Lisbon.
Lounge NameLounge ANA
Date VisitJune 2017
Washrooms 12345

"lounge is just a shame"

Verified Review | This TAP Portugal lounge is just a shame! The chairs were dirty and so was the floor. Unable to find any electricity plug, I left the lounge again to find one in the public area. What an utter disgrace! Being Lufthansa Senator and thus used to the service in Frankfurt, I think the Lisbon people responsible should visit Frankfurt or in fact almost any other decent airport to see what to improve!
Lounge NameANA Lounge
Date VisitMarch 2017
Washrooms 12345

"the service is horrible"

(Portugal)

Verified Review | The ANA lounge for business class passengers is just shameful! The food is disgusting sandwiches, the service is horrible: they aren´t polite in any way. The cleaning ladies are always among the passengers, talking loud with themselves and cleaning. There is not enough space for all the pax flying, for example, at 07:00, on a week day. I suggest TAP to visit a business class lounge of better airlines to see what business class lounge is, and how staff treat passengers.

"embarrassing for Portugal"

Verified Review | This is the poorest excuse for a Business Lounge. The lounge was dingy and dark and overcrowded. There were no seats available and the refreshments were cheap and mediocre at best. The fact that TAP had delayed my first flight which caused me to miss the connection did not help the situation. I was tired and could no place to sit. Don't stop in Lisbon if you can help it. If I could give them less than a score of 1 I would. This is embarrassing for Portugal.
Date VisitJanuary 2017
Washrooms 12345

"one the worst lounges I ever been"

(Portugal)

Verified Review | This TAP Portugal home base lounge is one the worst lounges I ever been. Lack of space for passengers to seat; the food is disgusting - this lounge is for passengers in business and first class, and it's a shame. Service is so bad. I know that there are passengers who prefer to pay a meal outside the lounge, instead of going there.
Lounge NameAna Lounge

"Poor, shabby, crowded"

Poor, shabby, crowded. Hard to understand this lounge being used by TAP in their home airport at Lisbon. It is a paid lounge and TAP is but one of many airlines using it. Maybe they have their own lounge under renovation? In any event it removes a substantial reason to upgrade to business class wit TAP.
Lounge NameANA
Catering 12345

"mostly dark and very uncomfortable"

(Hong Kong)

The lounge was good some years ago. Fantastic food and drinks. This is now closed. The lounge is mostly dark and very uncomfortable seats. The food standard has rally gone down. What has happened? How about going back to the old standard. We really miss the old lounge.
Lounge NameLisbon Airport
Date VisitMay 2016
Washrooms 12345

"bit crowded but large enough"

(Italy)

ANA airport lounge used for TAP Portugal flights at Lisbon airport was a bit crowded, but large enough. Desk staff courteous, large choice of magazines/newspapers. Different seating provided: table seats, armchairs, larger armchairs with footrest, dark cabins with sort of 'beds' for longer rest. Restrooms found clean, drinks offered so-so with an average tawny port wine (no 10 years port, no ruby port) and a cold white port in the fridge. Food limited: croissants, small sandwiches plus some sweet mini pastel de nata which were very good. Reasonable choice of coffee (nespresso capsules) and tea. Nice view of the planes and take off track.
Lounge NameANA lounge
Date VisitApril 2016

"Lounge was average"

(Brazil)

Despite the fact that I was flying Business Class on TAP Portugal, and my boarding pass mentioned I was a Star Alliance Gold, an unsmiling staff at the entrance of the lounge in Geneva demanded to see my Star Alliance Gold. It took time but I found it, during which time he chatted with his colleague. Lounge was average.
Lounge NameStar Alliance
AirportGeneva Airport
Type Of LoungeFrequent Flyer
Date VisitSeptember 2015
Washrooms 12345

"difficult to find seating"

(Portugal)

This lounge is too small. It is always full and difficult to find seating. They have a good selection of magazines if you speak Portuguese. Having just spent an hour in the lounge the coffee spilt on the steps was not cleaned. There were no hors d'oeuvres Pepsi and Pepsi light taps were only pouring water there were no small bottles of water and practically every single table was dirty with dirty dishes - yet there were four people in the lounge kitchen. Apparently all too busy having a morning conversation rather than doing their job and making the lounge presentable.