Qantas Airways

Lounge Comfort 12345
Washrooms/Showers 12345
Internet/Wifi 12345

"lounge is magnificent"

Trip Verified | I was on a Cathay flight to Sydney having arrived on BA. Qantas is my home airline and so although could have used the Cathay lounges (which are superb in their own right) headed for the HK Qantas lounge. Now a word of warning. It is tucked away above Gate 15 accessible from Level 7. My incoming was at Gate 60 or something. It is a long long long walk! Half way through was reaching for my Uber app and thinking I should have packed a sandwich! Joking aside the walk is worth it (although I am a Qantas FF and biased). The lounge is magnificent. F&B, showers, seating areas, the whole thing. It outshines Singapore which is pretty great. If Mr. Joyce is reading then this and the Singapore lounges are the blueprint please for a renovation of the Sydney lounge.
Lounge NameHong Kong
Date VisitMay 2018
Washrooms 12345

"most unenjoyable place to be"

Not Verified | Located on the garden level lack of signage makes this a difficult lounge to find. Had to ask directions from staff at other airline lounges before finding 1 sign directing me to the lounge. When entering the lounge there is the mandatory reception desk with a staff member pointing out food options and seating and apologising for the crowd. Did a quick circuit of the lounge and understood why there was limited signage. This is without a doubt the worst Qantas lounge I have been to. Cramped seating dirty dishes on every free table lack of natural light. A most unenjoyable place to be. As such we left preferring to be in the terminal where there is at least fresh air.
Lounge NameQantas Lounge
AirportHonolulu Airport
Date VisitApril 2018
Catering 12345

"a huge disappointment to me"

Trip Verified | This Qantas Business Lounge was a huge disappointment to me, which I used as a Qatar Airways customer. I visited the lounge in the evening around 5-9 pm, before boarding the Qatar Airways flight to Doha. I was told that a la carte dining was only available for breakfast and lunch but not for dinner. The buffet had two hot meals, one of them a veggie option. There was no apple or orange juice, only sodas. Very poor wine and bubbly range and not too many spirits. The toaster station looked like an industrial kitchen area. The seating areas of the lounge were in lack of decor, the back of the lounge looks like unfinished and waiting for an interior designer team. The only problem is that it has been in place for 5 years at least. Though runway view is advertised to this lounge, the view is actually very limited. The sinks in the toilet have a weird arrangement, difficult to describe, but there are two sinks placed opposite to each other but shifted on one counter, so another person can stand almost opposite to you. Showers are nice and spacious, though I had to run the water for couple of minutes waiting for the hot water. If I had had another option for lounge access I would have chosen anything else but this. This quality is way lower than what I except from an airline lounge.
AirportSydney Airport

"staff are very nice"

Trip Verified | 23 mins for a glass of champagne. It’s a bit long when you’re in a hurry. Also didn’t have time to finish my food. The lounge was busy, but not full to capacity. Otherwise it’s a nice lounge. Seats comfortable, staff are very nice and helpful. It’s just a bit slow
AirportSydney Airport
Type Of LoungeFirst Class
Washrooms 12345

"made the most of the lounge"

Trip Verified | I may be in the minority but I have grown used to the Qantas routing to London via Dubai as the transit is seamless and the Emirates lounges are fantastic. I had a long layover and made the most of the lounge there. It is very large and so finding a corner is not a problem. Arriving there at 1am meant it was quite empty. Found one of those enclosed day beds they have their, like a mini cabin and dozed for a few hours. The food and beverages changes so a midnight snack of a slider changes to a full breakfast service. After breakfast a shower and onwards. I may well be tempted to use the Dubai route on a Qantas code share as the timing suit my schedules, ease of transit and the lounges.
Lounge NameEmirates
AirportDubai Airport

"classy looking lounge"

Trip Verified | My second visit to this lounge and really enjoyed it, more so than the first time. Its actually a very classy looking lounge with the bars up and downstairs. The food and beverage has improved from my first visit. Seating is fine. Great showers and just a nice place to visit before setting off.
Lounge NameQantas London Lounge
AirportLondon Heathrow Airport
Washrooms 12345

"This was not a great visit"

Trip Verified | This was not a great visit. I'm quite a tolerant person but since the Melbourne Qantas Club started it's renovations it has become so overcrowded. The fact that frequent flyers are bringing in guests and taking up whole tables is a joke. It's common sense to cut down on some benefits and prioritise the true frequent flyers, rather than have a chaotic lounge filled with people who aren't even flying or just guests. I spent 15 minutes in the lounge and just could not stay any longer, you're better off being in the Business Lounge. I hope my next visit is not over shadowed by a crowd.
Lounge NameQantas Club
AirportMelbourne Airport
Washrooms 12345

"quite mediocre, nothing amazing"

Trip Verified | The experience was quite mediocre, nothing amazing. The space is very small with 2 sections, dining and relaxation. There was a limited spread of food, Qantas Club Standard. It's one of the least busy Lounge from my experience, a great place for Frequent Flyers as Gold Coast Airport doesn't have the best layout. The Staff were good, and the Lounge was clean consistently including bathroom facilities. Though it is a regional Airport, I think Qantas needs to renovate the space to keep standards consistent.
Lounge NameQantas Club
AirportGold Coast Airport
Washrooms 12345

"place was absolutely soulless"

Trip Verified | I normally use the Emirates Business Class Lounge when I am in Hong Kong, but this time a colleague asked me if I would look into the new Qantas lounge, situated above Gate 15. To say that I was underwhelmed is a major understatement. The place was absolutely soulless. Apart from a pleasant view of the apron I can see no other reason for using it in preference to the Emirates one. Maybe it was because the lounge is so big and that there were only about 6 other passengers added to the cold feel of the place. But what I found really irritating is that as I walked up the the bar to order a drink two staff mwmbers, one of whom was the barman were engaged in a conversation. The barman looked straight at me and the turned back to continue his chat. When i then coughed surreptitiously to attract his attention, he eventually saunterred over and said 'Yes' - that was it. I got the distinct impression that I was an encumbrance to him - hardly very welcoming So from now on, I will stick to the Emirates lounge. At least the staff there are welcoming
Bar & Beverages 12345

"staff were pleasant and attentive"

Trip Verified | My first visit to the Lounge, and it was a great experience. It catered for First, Business and high tiered Frequent Flyers. The design made the space open and spacious, with great decor and furnitures to compliment. After the front desk, you re meet with the bar upon entry which not only serves drinks but dishes by Neill Perry. There was a buffet located right next to the dining area with plenty of choices and staff also came around offering more dishes. There was plenty of seating available with overcrowding not being an issue. The staff were pleasant and attentive, and lastly the shower facilities were great. Overall, I loved the space Qantas has design and created.
Date VisitJanuary 2018