Top 100 Airlines

Lounge Comfort 12345
Washrooms/Showers 12345
Internet/Wifi 12345

"amazing friendly staff"

I travel all through Western Canada regularly and visit this Maple Leaf lounge at Calgary Airport at minimum twice a month. The lounge having been recently upgraded and with a new menu offering, it makes a trip through Calgary worthwhile. One of the secrets here are the amazing friendly staff at the lounge and bar, excellent selection of magazines and newspapers, and the previously mentioned new menu (which is thoughtful and competently executed). I must confess my last trip through here really left me reconsidering using it as my hub home. I arrived early for my flight to take advantage of some free wifi and a glass of red while I crushed out some expenses and admin (in itself a nice break from kids and other life demands) as my afternoon appointments ended early for a change. I parked myself at the end of the bar and worked for two and a half hours, and enjoyed some banter and a few glasses of red. I then enjoyed a really nice dinner in lounge, and decided on having one scotch for the road and the flight home. In my mind, I was relaxed but in no ways impaired so imagine my surprise when the drink was delivered by the one male staff member, I was told aloud for all to hear, "no more." While I really appreciate that safety is paramount, my issue with how it was delivered was he didn't even ask me how I felt or how I was doing. It felt pretty heavy handed how he handled it, even if he felt he was doing right. I'm a seasoned traveller and frankly this really turned me off. Had I been belligerent or obnoxious I would be the first to chastise myself for the boorish and inappropriate behaviour, however I'm pretty sure I would have blown under but the point is while the airline needs to ensure we all fly safe, it would be incumbent on them to discuss strategies on how to broach this with their customers - at the end of the day, somewhere between depraved indifference and police state we have to exist, but at minimum I would suggest this employee needs to have pointed out to him that we are the paying customer, and a little bit of discretion would have been appropriate. I otherwise think this is one of Air Canada's best lounges, one bad experience notwithstanding.
Lounge NameMaple Leaf lounge
AirportCalgary Airport
Date VisitApril 2016
Washrooms 12345

"pretty quiet and comfortable"

The Maple Leaf Lounge at Toronto Pearson airport is not huge but fairly decent sized with lots of different seating. Interior decor is simple and modern. Arrived at the lounge around 10am, only a few salads were available for meal at that time. Around 11am however they brought in several different pasta dishes and Thai red curry rice porridge. All the dishes were pretty tasty but I especially enjoyed Thai red curry rice soup. It was truly delicious. All in all found the lounge pretty quiet and comfortable.
Lounge NameMaple Leaf Lounge
Date VisitApril 2016
Washrooms 12345

"overcrowded at certain times"

The Maple Leaf Lounge at Toronto Pearson is a great lounge but overcrowded at certain times of the day. Food options were good despite the pasta being overcooked. Beverages and snacks were great. Seating was limited due to the amount of people in the lounge, some of which were terribly loud and disrespectful. Lounge staff was attentive and friendly. Bathrooms were clean and wifi signal was good.
Lounge NameMaple Leaf Lounge
Washrooms 12345

"good lounge for a domestic product"

This lounge is located on the domestic departures wing in front of gate 2. The lounge is large, and it was not crowded at the time I was there. I do not know if it gets packed during rush hours. The man at the reception was not very friendly, outdid his job correctly. Food options and were really varied and good quality. There was no wifi available. Not much staff around to help. Seating space was comfortable and decor was good. Overall, a nice impression. A good lounge for a domestic product.
Lounge NameMaple Leaf Lounge (Domestic)
AirportMontréal Airport
Washrooms 12345

"pleasant start to vacation"

We were excited to have access to the Air Canada lounge prior to our Air Canada rouge flight. We were hoping that the lounge would have been open after we checked in for our flight, however, the lounge doesn't open until 5:30 am. (if I am correct). Once inside the lounge, we were pleased to see the clean, roomy space. The food was hot or cold, depending on what you fancied. There were newspapers, a tv and an area with computers for your use. What a very pleasant start to our vacation.
Date VisitJanuary 2016
Washrooms 12345

"lounge should have some class"

The Air Canada lounge was a nice touch as this was my first time there. The turn off was the parents that allowed a young child to touch the eggs and muffins with his hands and then leave them in the dish. Not once did the parents say a thing. It's a business lounge and there were 10 year olds running around pretending to be cats. I guess I was raised old fashion that this lounge should have some class to it. Especially if it is being called a business lounge and people are trying to work between flights. Yes minor details but the handling off food was a real turn off and the parents need to be taught manners. The lady clearing table was very nice and friendly.

"wifi didn't work"

Air Canada Maple Leaf lounge at Toronto Pearson and the check-in process was confusing, since I had purchased my lounge time online. The women's rest room was closed for cleaning for the duration of my 7 hour layover. Considering that I had an 8 hour flight, and no restrooms between deplaning and customs, having to ask for a back-up restroom was unpleasant. The tv was not working, finally an attendant turned it on but did not leave the remote. The food was snacks - broken chips, cookies and random grab and go. Since I don't drink, the wine / beer had no appeal. The only water is from large Dasani bottles that everyone shares - if you can find a glass. There aren't enough outlets to charge everyone's equipment. The wifi didn't work so it was a long layover. The only 'plus' was the lady clearing the tables - she was kind. Today is my second time through here and, amazingly, the same situation with the restroom! The same broken chips. The same slow wifi - my phone cannot even connect to it. The same shared bottled water. The same lack of outlets. This time, they are out of spoons, soup bowls, desserts, salsa, plates - there is one woman whose only job is to stock the food bar and she isn't maintaining it well (and people are complaining). In both cases, as a business traveller, I would like to avoid children so I can concentrate - that is not possible in this so-called VIP Lounge.
Washrooms 12345

"big surprise was the 4 beers on tap"

The Air Canada Maple leaf lounge in Terminal 1 at Toronto Pearson was pleasantly surprising. The staff were very good about clearing tables and keeping the food stocked. Very good selection of salads but not many main courses for vegetarians. Bread was stale. The big surprise was the 4 beers on tap, including Guinness which was very nice. The main issue was the internet was very very slow. It was impossible to read emails. When I went back to the front desk to ask for a solution one was not given. The women working there seemed to be more interested in texting then helping and only said "our internet is provided by an outsource company, you can move into the terminal and use their internet." Wow poor response. How about "lets try and see what the problem is and work it out." Many of us using the lounge are business orientated and require good internet. Toilets were clean. I did not see showers which would have been a good idea for travelers coming from say Vancouver connecting to Europe.
Date VisitSeptember 2015
Washrooms 12345

"made the airport experience so much better"

I was in Franfurt recently and had a wonderful time. We had seen the Air Canada logo and we decided to go check it out. Walking into the lounge we were hit by a nice breeze from the fantastic air conditioners. The lounge was huge, with lots of nice leather chairs and tables. The greatest thing in the lounge would have to be the buffet. Plenty of fantastic foods to eat. All in all it made the airport experience so much better.
AirportFrankfurt Main Airport
Date VisitJuly 2015
Washrooms 12345

"Food choices were not that great"

The Air Canada domestic Maple Leaf Lounge at Toronto Pearson Airport is spacious, clean and relatively quiet. A lot of seating options with a few desk with PC's. Free WiFi was good but reception was inconsistent. Staff were efficient and friendly. Food choices were not that great. Salsa and chips, soup, salad. Beverage selection was good.
Date VisitAugust 2015