Zurich Airport

"inadequate and confusing signage"

Trip Verified | This is my second time to fly in and out of Zurich Airport, and because last year I found the airport signage to be very confusing, I anticipated and worked to prepare. The arrival went smoothly. I still found departing from this airport to be more difficult than it should be. To locate our airline kiosk to check our bags took too much time because of inadequate and confusing signage and meant that we had to rush to our gate. I will continue to use this airport because of the airline connections but the airport is huge and confusing.

"What’s not to like?"

Trip Verified | Zurich is one of the best airports in the world. What’s not to like? Great train service into airport, plenty of shopping before and after security, modern, super clean, easy to get from point to point, and fast and professional security. You can be from check in to gate in 15-20 minutes.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"the most un-organized airport"

Trip Verified | We were making a connection from Rome to Zürich and then Zürich to Miami. The walk to the international terminal was extremely long and busy and then the wait to get to the international terminal was ridiculous. Total disarray. No formal lines. We waited probably 25 minutes to get to the escalators to take us to customs. After that another long wait to get Through customs. Mobs of people cut in line. It was the most un-organized airport I have ever been to. My home airport is Atlanta and we are used to huge crowds but there is always organization. Zurich had no security personal in place and no organization at all. I will think twice about flying through Zürich again.

"Very bad experience"

(Romania)

Verified Review | Very bad experience with this airport. Not enough signs, not enough people to talk to, their English was pretty bad, most of all weren’t able to explain me what I was asking for (simple things like where is the gate or exit). They threw away my makeup products just because I couldn’t find the connecting flights so I had to re-enter like a new passenger into the airport. Almost missed my flight because of them. Honestly, worst experience at an aiport!
Date VisitNovember 2017

"incompetence by bewildered staff"

Verified Review | ZRH arrivals passport control has always been known for calm efficiency and quite speedy. Thanks to the new e-gates for passports they have successfully managed to ruin their reputation by using 5 (at the moment all broken) gates for all non-Schengen flights (including the E Terminal Intercontinental flights). Huge queues, frayed tempers and incompetence by bewildered staff. Well done ZRH for ruining your reputation in an attempt to cost cut staff.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"Nice, clean, comfortable seats"

Verified Review | Pros: Nice, clean, comfortable seats, several VIP lounges. Enough shops if you want to look for souvenirs. Bunch of places to eat and drink. They offer free wifi with very good speed. One of the best airports I have been to. Cons: None. Though I wish they would improve the signs for the rest rooms. It's weird how many times you have to take stairs to go there.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"painfully, and I think deliberately, slow"

Verified Review | I thought the Swiss were supposed to be efficient. Someone must have forgotten to tell the folks at Zurich Airport After a long walk I got to security. Now long walks are pretty standard at airports but in Zurich, after this long walk, you go through security, then have another long walk and end up back close to where you started but on the other side of security. I wouldn't have minded but I had a tight connection and I didn't want to miss my flight. At security there were more delays. The man there must have been on some sort of power trip because he was painfully, and I think deliberately, slow. The girl in front of me had left her iPad in her bag, apparently forbidden in Zurich. But he didn't just put the iPad back through the scanner - he took every item out of her bag one by one, scrutinized it, then went on to the next item. Meanwhile I was waiting with the clock ticking. When my turn came he sent my tablet and a paperback book back for rescanning. Really? I have been through multiple airports and never had to take a tablet out of my bag. Never. And a paperback book? You've got to be kidding. Then it was immigration. Massive queues going very slowly. What for? I wasn't entering Switzerland, just connecting to an onward flight. I can understand showing my passport at the terminal gate, to check that the right person is travelling. I see no reason to check it for a transfer. Anyway, I got to the gate just in time to start boarding. Finally, there is no drinking water anywhere that I could see. Only bottled water and exorbitant prices in cafes and vending machines. The airport itself is showing its age - it seemed like stepping back into the last Century. If I can possibly avoid it I will never connect through Zurich again.
Date VisitAugust 2017

Zurich Airport customer review

Verified Review | Horrible on all dimensions. Poor signage (compounded by an idiotic naming system, eg, checkin 2, row 2); long queue for security (it took us 30 minutes through the priority lane); one of the worst business class lounges I have experienced; over crowded internal train to Terminal E. All in mid day on Friday, surely not a peak travel time?
Date VisitOctober 2017

"clean and comfortable"

Verified Review | Huge, spacious and kind of quiet airport. Seats at the boarding area was clean and comfortable. There were not many shops for shoppings but there was an interesting place I love the most which is the beautifully created viewing deck (with binocular provided) that allows you to enjoy flights taking off and landing.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"so much for Swiss hospitality"

Verified Review | This is the third time I've been at Zurich and seen two of their terminals and I must say while it's all squeaky clean and top notch on the surface, in all the ususal ways, there are nasty issues that lurk beneath. The biggest one I'd like to draw attention to is the absolute lack of any drinking water fountains anywhere. If they do exist they're hidden from plain sight and intended to deceive passengers. This is quite ridiculous and clearly meant to make us head to one of the cafes for an overpriced bottle of mineral water. (And that's overpriced in Swiss Francs remember). I've asked a few times and been made to walk all over terminals, though one staff member was honest enough to tell me there wasn't a fountain. Amazing. Another major bugbear is if you lose something on a flight or in the terminal the airport charges you 20 Swiss Francs to return the item. I mean, seriously? It's not like they're couriering it or delivering it to anyone. Just holding it like any other lost and found department. Is the operator of the airport losing a lot of money that they have to resort to such practices? The toilets are usually accessed by a flight of stairs - so much for accessibility for the elderly or those carrying bigger hand baggage. Besides they don't seem to have recliners anywhere for long haul transit passengers, just plain airport chairs on benches. Wow. So much for Swiss hospitality.
Date VisitSeptember 2017