Vote Now

Zurich Airport

"experience with security was ridiculous"

Verified Review | The airport itself is fine. I'm familiar with it, and actually prefer making connecting flights through Zurich. But my last experience with security here was completely ridiculous. My boarding pass included the SSSS coding, which meant I would be pulled for a thorough pat down and security screening. At passport control at the gate, my boarding pass was confiscated and I was told to go wait by a screened off area near the gate where I would be searched. I did so. There was no security personnel anywhere in sight. After 15-20 minutes of waiting, I went back to passport control and said I was still waiting. I was sent back with a, "Security will come. Just wait." Meanwhile, over a dozen other passengers were waiting, too. I waited for 40 minutes for security to come do the screening. Our plane had begun boarding, and no security personnel had arrived. At the 45 minute mark, personnel finally arrived and began processing passengers. After my screening, my passport was also confiscated. I was told it would be returned but I would have to wait. Eventually, 10 minutes later, my passport and boarding pass were returned. I have never experienced a less efficient security screening than this at any airport. Completely ridiculous. I was also traveling with another person, so she had to wait almost an hour for me to get security clearance. Because of this experience, I will never fly Swiss or through Zurich again. I understand security these days is important, but to keep passengers waiting almost an hour? A complete joke.
Date VisitMarch 2017

"the personnel have no empathy whatsoever"

Verified Review | Several major issues with Zurich airport. First of all, they are the only airport I know of that refuses to allow you to take your baby in a pram to the airplane if it consists of two pieces. Their response as to how you should carry two bags and your baby is that they rent out prams "somewhere". Secondly as I arrived with my little boy quite late we were checked in and rushed to the gate without stopping. At the passport control I kindly told the lady if she would allow us (me, two bags and my 2 year old) to cut the line and was told to get to the back of the line. Her response was: "we are all in a rush". You just give up on people like that. I subsequently ran to the gate, where the plane was still waiting and which was to be delayed for another hour but was refused entry. Instead of forwarding my bags or helping me out otherwise, I was told to go to Lost and Found to collect my bags and pram which took another hour. Finally with my 2yr old completely exhausted I arrived in London 8 hours later. I will try to avoid this airport in future since its policies regarding travelling with children are backwards and most of the personnel have no empathy whatsoever.
Date VisitMarch 2017

"one of the most efficient airports I know"

One of the most efficient airports I know. Transfering from Schengen to Non Schengen terminal is usually less then 30 mins. Plenty of choice for shops and restaurants. Certainly all is not cheap there. Everything is very clean and staff are helpful. Swiss business lounge is decend, enough smoking longues available.
Date VisitFebruary 2017

"overall, unimpressed"

Verified Review | Because we have family who live in Switzerland, we travel there regularly and typically use the Geneva airport. On our last trip, we took advantage of a direct flight from JFK to Zurich. Our arrival at the airport was favorable because we were helped by a friendly fellow passenger who directed us to the tram, passport control, and our luggage. It all seemed easy. On the day of our departure, my opinion of the airport dropped. The signage is problematic and it seemed we were in a shopping mall-not an airport. Difficulty finding information services. There are three departure gates which was totally confusing until I found the airline posting that showed which one we were to enter. Security was a major delay. Passport control was a major delay. The distance to the E terminal was significant plus there were lines for the escalator and tram. Overall, unimpressed.
Date VisitNovember 2016

"holiday starts at the airport"

Verified Review | When flying from Zurich, your holiday starts at the airport. Train station is under the main airport building, so access from Zurich downtown is very easy. Moreover the check-in desks are directly at the airport train station. So you carry your luggage only for a very short distance. Plenty of shopping and eating options land and airside. The security screening is very smooth. Even if you fly economy, you rarely wait more than 5 minutes. Airport is very spacious, well signed and always clean.
Date VisitDecember 2015

"staff was very friendly"

I started my jurney, early in the morning, so there weren't so many people at the airport. I thaught it was very clean, good to reach with train, bus or car and the staff was very friendly. As my flight to LAX departed there was an anouncement, which was clear and loud. At my arrival from LAX it was uncomplicated to get up my luggage and leave the airport quickly.
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"clean, well organized and kind airport staff"

(Turkey)

Verified Review | The closest any European airport comes to Singapore Changi in terms of offering a pleasurable travel experience. Clean, well organized and kind airport staff. Good retail options, excellent transportation links and facilities. All these aspects offer a stress free experience for travelers.
Date VisitOctober 2016

"a very nice airport"

(Greece)

Verified Review | Been to Zurich airport many times. Its is a very nice airport connecting Europe to international destinations. The main part which has been recently re-done is very pretty with good shops available and nice options for food. As with all Swiss airports food is very pricey but apart from this all good.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"nearly impossible to get lost"

(Austria)

Zurich airport is a medium sized European airport with excellent flight connections across the globe. It is nearly impossible to get lost as a result to an excellent guiding system. The airport proviedes all amenities to cover traveller's demands. Moreover, the airport is perfectly linked with the city of Zurich and the rest of Switzerland due to excellent train service. In addition, the train station is located under the airport arrival hall and is very easily accessible. By the reason of an efficient management of the passenger volumes the queuing times are usually extremely short and makes transit seamless and fast. The airport facilties are clean and of modern design. I can conclude that it is always a delight for me to transfer in Zurich.
Date VisitMay 2016

"remains one of the best"

(China)

This airport is not the most modern but it remains high tech and one of the best. Lots of facilities including a pre-departure mall landside, and many facilities for shopping (though high priced) and eating. Very spacious, clean, and comfortable. Service excellence is evident.
Date VisitJune 2016