Washington Dulles Airport

"a very pleasant experience"

Trip Verified | After a 7.5 hour flight from London arriving at this airport was a very pleasant experience. It looks like they are exclusive to United. Customs was very easy as they had plenty of global entry terminals, coming in from an international flight you have to pick up your luggage and in the same room that you are transiting through give them back for your next flight. I do have to mention that security was a little bit slow and I waited in line for TSA for almost an hour. Everyone was very friendly, courteous, and genuine which made the experience not bad. I really like this airport and I would love to transit through it again.
Date VisitJune 2018

"this is a shambles"

Not Verified | Absolutely terrible immigration wait. I have travelled extensively and never waited anywhere near to this amount of time. My wait was 1.5hrs. I am picking up a friend today. She arrived 2.5hrs ago and is still standing in line! Arriving before 3pm and not leaving until after 6pm is disgusting! Dulles airport, this is a shambles!! Get more staff and stop letting the capital city of your country down!! Disgraceful.
Date VisitMay 2018

"waiting 1.5hrs in customs "

Not Verified | This airport and it's TSA are absolutely horrible. And they never have enough people. My most recent experience had me waiting 1.5hrs in customs and leaving 45min In security then the one gentleman told me I wasn't there because the line is 14 mins. Well if that was the case my whole flight wouldn't have been on the plan waiting for me to leave so they could close the boarding gate. I asked 3 different people could they help me because I was going to miss my flight, there was one young lady was not rude but frank and the other two personnel just looked at me and dismissed what I was asking being completely rude with the responses. This airport is garbage.
Date VisitMay 2018

"worst lines for security"

Not Verified | The worst lines for security, they only had four open. I waited one hour and 45 minutes to get through security. I missed my flight and now I am waiting 4 hours for my next flight. I am all about security and our safety they should have staffed properly for the amount of passengers traveling on Mother's Day.
Date VisitMay 2018

"worst security line organization"

Not Verified | This airport has the worst security line organization of any airport I have flown through. Because of the disorganization some wait over two hours while others wait under 30 minutes. There is no rhyme or reason for what they are doing. Avoid flying out of this airport at all costs!

"strange safety procedures"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Nice airport in general, with clear indications but strange safety procedures on departure: changing instructions, first to remove shoes, belts, etc, followed a few minutes later that there is now a lighter procedure, with limited checks, all with a lot of shouting. Also; the shuttles going to the different gates do not operate correctly: doors for passengers boarding and doors for passengers leaving the shuttles should not open simultaneously, as this allows you to bypass security. Fast immigration on entering; on leaving, special lane for priority passengers to check ID, but then common line for security.
Date VisitApril 2018

"Absolutely horrible airport"

Not Verified | Absolutely horrible airport, arrivals into international are abysmal. This is possibly the worst airport I’ve ever been to and will make every effort to never come here again. Anyone working here should be ashamed of themselves and the place they work for.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"I was a little bit lost"

Trip Verified | Nice airport even if it is quite big, many concourses, I was a little bit lost. I was flying in economy and so not had the possibility to business class lounges. Why the airport doesn't propose a common use lounge. Many american airport are proposing this service now. Hope IAD will open his mind for proposing this service to economy passengers.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"have improved this airport tremendously"

Trip Verified | They have improved this airport tremendously over the past few years, however, I still see the lack of a common use lounge as I sometimes have last minute flights and don't always get business class thus am unable to use the lounges in the airport. It would be a big added value to add a common use lounge to this airport.
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"We want a Common Use Lounge"

Trip Verified | Nice airport, but I don't understand why airport operator/authority don't propose common use lounge in USA. Only business class can have access to airlines lounges. What about other passengers of the airport? Does the airport authority is interested by their opinion? Only business class are important for airports. What a shame. We want a Common Use Lounge at IAD!
Date VisitFebruary 2018