Warsaw Chopin Airport

"There is free WiFi"

Trip Verified | I live in Paris and work in Warsaw, therefore I am at WAW airport twice a week for the last few years. I love it. I have to admit I hardly ever change flights here as Warsaw is my destination, however I developed routine which brings from to the gates in 10 minutes every time I fly. Priority security gates are quick. There are several lounges in the airport and it is perfect in size. Not too small and not too big. I hate those airports where it takes ages to reach your gate (DXB). There is free WiFi and the only disturbing thing is the 7 minute slot for farewell as you drive your family to the terminal. Afher 7 minute you pay a hefty 30 PLN bill for another quarter of an hour.
Date VisitMay 2018

"avoid the airport at all cost"

(Belgium)

Not Verified | This was by far the worst airport experience I have ever had (worse than Venezuela Caracas airport). Newly introduced security (supplementary!) checks within the Schengen zone (going from Brussels airport to Bucarest via Warshaw) are leading to crying passengers, delays, pushing and almost aggression. The only way I was able to get through the checks was by the willingness of other people standing in line to get me ahead. I could look at my gate (N23) slowly closing down and going into final call, while I was trying to get ahead in a sea of frustrated and desperate passengers. That this is possible in an "integrated" EU zone is simply terrible. I can only advise to avoid the airport at all cost, nothing is worth standing in this line. Luckily I was alone and not with my family. I cannot imagine what I would have done with my 2 kids facing this mess. I cannot say anything about shopping/food and other services, because there is no time experiencing these services as everybody needs to queue.
Date VisitApril 2018

"A little bit of organisation"

Trip Verified | This is my 2nd time (in two weeks) arriving and departing from this airport and with Lot Polish Airlines. Both times they have either parked in the middle of nowhere and passengers have to get off via stairs onto a bus which seems to drive round to the other side of the terminal building. Or they park right up to the apron but then have to walk down the stairs again and then get on a bus to be taken guess where round to the other side of the terminal building. Seriously? There is enough Jetways/gate bridges to use why not use them? Secondly can they not get it right where the plane is supposed to actually arrive at the terminal building? So that passengers are not inconvenienced with stairs and taking a bus to the correct part of the terminal building after being on a tiring flight. Its 2018 and Chopin airport is not some small town airport. A little bit of organisation and these problems would be solved. As for the airline, time keeping is their main problem as all the flights I taken, have been all late. Late arriving to Chopin airport and late leaving Chopin airport and finally late to arrive at the final destination. Maybe they should change their name to LATT (late all the time).
Date VisitMarch 2018

"Never ever again"

(Estonia)

Not Verified | Sofia-Tallinn. Disaster at Chopin Airport. From Sofia brought to basement with 200 people waiting for passport check. Takes 40 min. After passport - newly introduced security check. Two lanes, one scanner. Takes 1.5 hours. All bottles confiscated. People crying, pressing into lines because of closing gates etc. Nightmare. Never ever again.
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"transit time of 2 hrs is insufficient"

(Estonia)

Not Verified | Disaster arriving from Sofia to Warsaw non-Schnegen area. First brought by bus to a basement where already 200 people were waiting for passport check. To go through check takes one hour at least. Then there is newly introduced security check. Two lanes, one scanner. People crying and pushing through. Bottles confiscated despite the security packaging. Takes another 40 mins. As a result well calculated transit time of 2 hrs is insufficient.
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"well equipped waiting halls"

(Hungary)

Trip Verified | Big but well organized. Had a few hours transit-time at this airport. The staff was kind and friendly. General cleanliness above the expected Level. Very well equipped waiting halls, mobile phone charging connectors etc. Lots of Shops, friendly Prices.
Date VisitApril 2017

"signage is simple and easy"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | It is a nice airport, with clear space to drop off people, using the "Kiss and fly" option. The signage is simple and easy to follow. The time to wait for luggage seemed not to be excessive. Varied shops, which can help time pass by. Screens showing info everywhere.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"clean and generally passenger-friendly"

(Poland)

Unverified | Frederic Chopin airport is easy to get around, clean and generally passenger-friendly. A lot of seats for passangers who wait for their flight. Enough joints to eat and drink as well as places to do your shopping. Security quite tight, staff to be found almost at every corner.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"avoid Warsaw Chopin"

Unverified | Nightmare at Chopin Airport. I traveled from Toronto to Chisinau, Moldova on Sept.9, 2017 and back on Sept.2017. During the first part of my trip after leaving the plane from Toronto, without a problem I was redirected to the area with the gates, where I had to board my plane to Chisinau. Information boards on a wall showed certain gate number. After sitting for a while by this gate I started to realize, that probably gates were changed. I addressed my question to a person behind information desk and was told to check info on board on a wall. It showed initial gate number. After some time I understood, that this info is incorrect, again went to information desk. This time I was told to check "interactive information unit". Why people who work behind information desk could not give me proper info right away? But the worse part happened on my way back. First of all the LOT flight from Chisinau to Warsaw was 1 hour late. After landing in Warsaw for some reason people were kept inside of the plane for 20 minutes, even though the pick up bus was right there. Finally we got to the airport, where we were redirected to our connections, but before that we had to pass security check again! And this happens after each of us already passed this check boarding the plain from Chisinau. In other airports, if there are potential problems during flights connections people working at this airports help to solve them. Not in Warsaw. Quite a rude young fellow just kept rushing people there, but nobody was behind this scanning machine. After 5 minutes a young girl appeared and turned on the machine. Boarding on our flight to Toronto already started, but we still had 30 minutes, while other people didn't have this luxury. And this girl worked alone! Normally one person is looking at the screen, while another is checking suspicious items. This time just is was just this girl. So if she didn't like anything she was checking bags herself going back and force from scanner to bags. Of course it was taken double time. Luckily I was in front of the line and made my connection. I feel sorry for other people. "Funny" that my 87 years old dad had exactly same experience at Chopin Airport flying from Chisinau to Toronto last year. So it's not an accident. Thus my advice would be to avoid Warsaw Chopin Airport by any means.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"Security is inconsistent"

(Poland)

Verified Review | Clean, airy airport. I like the fact that you do nit need to zigzag through duty free store to get to gates. Free unlimited wifi. But the prices at the airside are insane and food of medium quality, avoid eating or even taking coffee there. Even McDonalds is way more expensive than in the city. Security is inconsistent - sometimes quick and polite, sometimes slow and borderline rude.
Date VisitSeptember 2017