Vote Now

Vienna Airport

"little shopping to do"

This airport should be updated so passengers don't have to rescan all luggage during transit. Waste of time for luggage already checked in at previous airports. This is especially true for short connections. Friendly staff apart from that but little shopping to do.
Date VisitMarch 2017

"I find the wifi in the Vienna airport less than ideal"

3 times recently I have used the Austrian Business lounge. I find the wifi in the Vienna airport less than ideal, and inside the business lounge it is even worse - almost unusable some days because it is so slow everything times out. Surely you should expect a superior wifi connection inside the business lounge designed for busy business travellers, but no, just the same wifi as everyone else but weaker - maybe they forgot to install a transmitter in the lounge?
Date VisitMarch 2017

"not clearly marked where you have to go"

Verified Review | I usually don't write reviews about airports because so far I did not experience any good or bad experiences. Usually it is all straight forward and I didn't experience any inconveniences, but now I decided to write one for Vienna airport. The thing is that it is very complicated and not clearly marked where you have to go. The architecture describes some wings that go from a center, so if you happen to go on the wrong wing, you have to come back to the center and get to the correct one. To be more confusing, the duty-free shop is before entering security but aparently you are allowed to buy liquids for your hand luggage and this will be labeled by the staff and you can go through with it.The "duty-free" area is a spiral of shops so you can get lost again. The lounge was located somewhere in this area, I didn't know this and it wasn't marked whatsoever. I had to go through security and then when unable to find the lounge, there was nobody at the information desk to ask. I had to find a map of the airport and then I realized that I had to exit the security area and go through security again. When I was at security for the second time, in front of me there was a couple who were told they were meant to be in another terminal. It looks like I am not the only one who got confused there.
Date VisitFebruary 2017

"there was a surprisingly small amount of shops, cafes and restaurants"

Verified Review | Gate D in terminal 1 has left me with a rather sour taste in my otherwise wonderful trip to Austria. In contrast to other airports I have visited, at the Vienna airport terminal 1 there were 3 separate controls to pass, starting with the boarding pass, then with the passport and finally just before boarding, the security check. In between of these checks there was a surprisingly small amount of shops, cafes and restaurants with only signs to advise passengers that there were more after the next check point. To our frustration we found out only too late that there was not much available after entering the actual gate. My fiancé and I had planned to do our shopping at the airport to avoid carrying excess luggage weight and the lack of decent options (only 1 tourist shop with Austrian products was available with rather poor variety and considerably high prices, and 2 cafe-bar-restaurants, again with limited but expensive product variety). Bearing in mind Vienna is considered by many to be the capital of coffee, this was pretty disappointing. I would strongly advise anyone planning to bring Viennese items home and traveling via terminal 1 and gate D to do their shopping prior to entering the control zone to avoid frustration.

"Vienna is very clean"

(Greece)

Verified Review | Vienna Airport is one of many airports I have visited. First of all, comparing to other airports like Paris CDG and Rome FCO, Vienna is very clean. You can easily orient and find your way to your final destination. Also this airport is modern and very cozy for all travellers. The airport staff were very helpful and always approached you with a wide smile.
Date VisitFebruary 2017

"this left a bad ending to our visit"

I had no issues with the airport overall, just wanted to highlight the rudeness of the security staff at the departure gates. Having scanned my holdall a lady who could barely move due to her weight behind the screen said to me very abruptly about a duty free bag with a bottle that was in my holdall. She commented "you were told to take the bottle out of your bag"! I replied that I was not told that to which she replied "it is not nice to lie"! She then proceeded to do a thorough check of my items, clothes etc just to be awkward I guess. Never mind, we had a nice time in Vienna but this left a bad ending to our visit. I guess a bit more training for customer service is needed.
Date VisitJanuary 2017

"ground staff was helpful"

Verified Review | Arrival and departure from Vienna airport. Arrival quick exit from gates, didn't have luggage though can't comment, toilets were clean, signage were easy to read and follow. Departure security checks were smooth and there wasn't a long queue, didn't find lots of shopping options although ground staff was helpful.
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"good experience of a successful transfer"

This was a good experience of a successful transfer from one flight to another. My flight from Lyon on Austrian was late. The transfer time was already short. With other people, I was met at the aircraft by an airport employee in a minibus. He took us quickly throught passport check and security check. He took me to the aircraft and I made my connection to Tirana. Well done and very professional.
Date VisitNovember 2016

"cannot provide drinking water fountains"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Sorry that Vienna airport cannot provide drinking water fountains for passengers who have been deprived of their drinking water at the security check. Willing to pay for a tap at each of the terminals where passengers can refill their bottles. Singapore Changi has one at each gate. Why do you have to put coins into baggage trolleys? When you arrive from outside euro area you do not have the such coins. Again Singapore Changi airport does not demand such a token. Waiting facilities at gate F are unique and deserve special mention.
Date VisitOctober 2016

"it is nearly impossible to get lost"

(Austria)

Verified Review | The Star Alliance Terminal of Vienna International Airport features a modern and elegant design. It took me less than 20 minutes from exiting the train station beneath the airport to sit down and relax in Austrian Airlines' Schenge lounge due to a very efficient baggage drop and security check. Likewise, all areas of the airports are very clean and the complimentary wifi works perfectly. In my opinion the signage system is great, hence it is nearly impossible to get lost. The ambience and variety of shops and restaurans is very good although they are quite overpriced. However, the fast train link to Vienna's city centre (16 minutes ride) is also special benefit of this airport. Under the light of the reasons mentioned above, Vienna is a very convenient airport for departure, arrival and transit.
Date VisitAugust 2016