Top 100 Airlines

Victoria Intl Airport

"friendly and helpful staff"

Victoria Airport on arrival the terminal was easy to find, clean and well laid out. Friendly and helpful staff, who went out of their way to guide you, check-in was a breeze, and no surprises with our luggage. Even the customs staff shared some humour with us. On the other side of security it was just as impressive with clean well laid out waiting areas and washrooms. Water fountains available that you could fill up your water bottle from and not have to pay the rip off price for bottled water like at other airports. We will definitely use this airport again in the future.
Date VisitJanuary 2016

(New Zealand)

I had an appalling experience in Victoria International Airport. We were flying with Pacific Coastal airlines to Vancouver YVR airport, and the security lines took forever. My father and I waited a tedious 30 minutes in the queue for a 5 minute flight to Vancouver. We had several trays of stuff and a man thought I dropped a SD card and when he took it up from one of my trays and asked me all the security people turned to me, glaring for no reason. The four trays blocked the traffic of baggages coming through the X-ray machine so out of respect I put them all onto one tray and moved away, and a security personnel said kindly to place it on a table. However as I was worried that we'd miss our flight as the security was taking forever to screen my father I was talking in a loud voice as he was across the room and all the security were busy looking at me and it just took forever. If you are flying from YVR to Victoria I highly recommend not using YYJ, as the security is appalling. I flew the seaplane to Victoria Downtown and there were no security measures, so that is a much better choice. However the terminal was well set out and we could find our way easily.
Date VisitJuly 2015

Victoria Intl Airport customer review

Small airport that's been recently renovated. Modern look but limited services. Especially the free wifi. May as well not even have it. On a quiet day with few Travellers I was not able to even do a simple google search.

Victoria Intl Airport customer review

I visited Victoria BC two weeks ago and for a small international airport I enjoyed the experience. Security was quick the facilities were good and check-in was quick. I recommend this airport!

Victoria Intl Airport customer review

Excellent small regional airport spotlessly clean with very friendly staff - slight oddity that the baggage reclaim belts are in the arrivals hall but I was out within 10th mins of the plane touching down and you can't get much better than that.

Victoria Intl Airport customer review

Although it is a regional airport it handles two international arrivals: Seattle and San Francisco. As I avoid YVR Immigration like a plague (I spent over 3 hours in one of my latest arrivals) I prefer Victoria to get into Canada and then go to Vancouver. You can take a taxi cab to the ferry terminal (would not work on late flights though) and be in Vancouver in less than 2 hours enjoying one of the most scenic rides you will ever find in a ferry. Immigration in YYJ is short and pleasant. You get your bags in less than 5 minutes (usually) and go through customs in less than 10. Overall great airport to get to Canada. Coming out is also simple and effective. Short lines and great staff.

Victoria Intl Airport customer review

YYJ is a nice little airport. Since pretty much all flights are regional check-in is a breeze and there is no line at security. Most people wait downstairs as all of the turboprop gates are there but there are a few airbridges for the B737's A319's and E195's that visit. There is minimal public transit at the airport but the downtown shuttle is fairly inexpensive and can have you downtown in 30 minutes from touchdown.

Victoria Intl Airport customer review

Very nice little airport. Most travellers waited in the downstairs area however we found a very quiet upper wing. All chairs in the area were leather and extremely comfortable for the 1 hour connection. The only disappointment was very little for food service in the post screening area.

Victoria Intl Airport customer review

I flew over for a one-day trip from Vancouver on 30 August 2006. Most of the things stated in previous comments are true. But at least one has changed radically after the latest terror threats. In contrast to YVR there is only one security control for all flights (domestic flights to Canada and international flights to Seattle and Salt Lake City). The first oddity was that a security officer awaited me in front of the controls just to find out whether I wanted to go to the USA or to remain in Canada. As I was merely going to return to YVR I was told that I could keep my shoes on whereas all passengers travelling to Seattle had to take them off to have them x-rayed. (What if I smuggled in something for someone I was to meet in the departure lounge who was heading for the USA?) The second oddity was that the security officers checked my hand luggage by hand after screening and found two sealed one-portion packages of marmalade which I had taken from my hotel's breakfast room earlier that morning. The officer took them out and threw them away. If they had really been so dangerous I wonder why the staff in Vancouver had not already thrown them away on my way out. As for the rest lovely little airport.

Victoria Intl Airport customer review

In and out within a space of two days. Arrival was without a hitch. Baggage was soon available and the car park is only a few metres away. Departure was a breeze with drop off at the curb excellent Jazz ground staff and friendly but efficient security personel. Rest rooms were clean and the waiting area had an open airy feel. A great little regional airport.