Top 100 Airlines

Venice Treviso Airport

"little has changed"

As others have said, arrival is fine but the staff are not the friendliest, especially considering how polite and friendly Italians are in general. I'm pretty shocked looking back through the reviews that little has changed in terms of the chaotic departure situation although people have been complaining about it for at least the last 6 years. The gate is displayed very early (in my case, an hour and a half before departure) and once you go through passport control there is no information and you are cramped into a tiny confused space with the passengers from other flights and effectively no facilities. The only thing that seems to have changed is that the escalators have been turned off since they would be dangerous as there would be no room to get off. If you are fit and healthy and don't mind unpleasant crowded conditions it's pretty awful. However, if you are elderly, frail or travelling with young children Treviso departures would be awful and I would recommend you avoid it at all cost. The toilets I used were OK and I suspect that the staff are suffering as a result of inadequate facilities and the consequential frustration of passengers. However, that doesn't take away the fact that this airport does not have adequate facilities for international air travel.
Date VisitMay 2016

"help I received was shocking"

I missed my Flight due to my own mistake from Treviso and I have to say the help I received was shocking. I was quoted 540 euros to fly the next morning and was only given information on flights from Marco Polo. I was told to get a taxi to Marco Polo for 60-80 euros where I have to say the flights were a lot cheaper and not told there was a bus service to Venice which stops next to the bus for Marco polo for 18 euros. I then asked about a cash point as we were running out of cash and was told that the airport no longer has a cash point as there were renovations going on. I asked if I could wait and see if people didnt show for the next two scheduled flights and was bluntly told there was no point as they are always overbooked. The only information I was given was because I asked the question. I would ask them to show some compassion to people.
Date VisitNovember 2015

Venice Treviso Airport customer review

Travelled with my father who is infirm. Staff were all pleasant and helpful and made it easy to navigate through quickly and efficiently. Staff member pushed the wheelchair found us the shuttle bus and kept us informed when there was a slight delay on return.

Venice Treviso Airport customer review

We had a real problem when we turned up at baggage check-in. We had made a mistake on our Ryanair booking and needed to rebook. The airport staff could not have been more helpful. We were prepared to pay whatever it cost to get back to UK but 2 of the staff insisted that we try booking online first as the price was exorbitant and even directed us to a place over the road where we could have Internet access and printing facilities for the boarding card. This did not work because the Ryanair site was once again having problems. Back at the ticket office we bought our ridiculously expensive tickets for the following day and the lady behind the counter directed us to a B&B nearby. She really couldn't have been more pleasant or more helpful. A poor experience of Ryanair but an excellent impression of Treviso airport staff.

Venice Treviso Airport customer review

Flew from here in August after a weekend in Venice. This is without doubt the worst airport I have been to. On arrival we went to the restaurant for something to eat. After selecting what we wanted we were told we had to pay at the book store next door even though there was a till behind the restaurant counter. Once we got the food it was completely cold (pizza). Basically very poorly run and no one seemed to know what was going on. Secondly the screens listed the gate number as soon as the flight appeared well before boarding. So as we waited for the screen to say boarding before going to the gate we were the last in line. And finally we handed our boarding pass to the attendant and were about to cross the tarmac to the plane when a security officer decided to do a stop and search on our bags at this point everyone was already on board. Why do a random stop and search on the last people in line as we are about to board? Luckily by complying quickly we managed to have our bags searched and not make the plane late. I have no problem at all with them wanting to do a random search if it makes flying safer I am all for it. But they should be doing it at the x-ray/security check-in stage. Not as you are climbing onto the plane. Again poorly managed. They managed to completely stress us out just before take off as my partner doesn't enjoy flying this really did exacerbate the problem. This airport needs new management and a whole heap of staff training to bring it up to an acceptable standard.

Venice Treviso Airport customer review

Our recent return airport journey put a real dampener on what was a great weekend in Treviso. Rude and extremely nasty check-in lady tried to do whatever she could to make things difficult and to catch us out over weight even though we had paid extra in advance. The women working in the Cafe were unbelievable one so unpleasant she really should not be working with the public. I would never travel though this airport again.
Queuing Times N/A
Terminal Cleanliness N/A
Airport Shopping N/A

(Italy)

First time using TSF after closure for runway stretching. No improvements in the internal building. Most of the building is adequate for the flow of traffic. Space in the two boarding gates area and the sides of the building are inadequate especially the one for non-schengen flights. If someone is not interested in boarding first it is better to wait up to last minute before passing passport check because the experience after this step is frustrating. Toilet are upstairs and only a small vending machine at gate level. The space available for the four gates is ridiculous. This time it was very foggy and we were called to the boarding gate. We rushed in and after passport control it was announced that we were going to be moved by bus to another airport. Being trapped in such a small area for almost one hour was not funny. In general the airport is new and clean and the building is nice looking. It has everything you may expect from a small regional airport. Some internet public posts could do well as public wi-fi is pricey and not always working well.

Venice Treviso Airport customer review

Complaints dating back for years have not been addressed. There is no shuttle bus to and from Treviso just a regular bus line with no space for baggage. Departure queues are still long and chaotic 2 persons doing the check but three queues. Two toilets in the departure area leading to long queues there as well. Our Ryanair flight was cancelled due to fog and then you're on your own. No information from ground personnel on how to proceed. Ryanair does email you a link with instructions on how to rebook your flight but surprise the Wifi at Treviso airport is not operational! Facilities were recently installed to make flights possible in spite of fog but these do not work. The airport does not fulfil the requirements of an international airport.

Venice Treviso Airport customer review

Flew from here on 1st January - what a mess. There was a huge queue for outgoing passengers to have their documents checked and bags put into measuring frames. Then you filter through to line up for security before finally descending to departure gates from hell - cramped with competing passenger queues intermingling due to lack of space. The initial queue was so bad that they resorted to calling out particular flights which were almost due to close and getting those people through. Two baggage drops were open which were very slow so if you had bags you had to queue there first before joining the documents queue. Truly dreadful experience and one which we will not repeat. Avoid this airport at all costs.

Venice Treviso Airport customer review

Arrived here for a flight to Dublin with Ryanair. They had only 2 baggage drop desks open for a thousand people and one lady examining tickets and passports going into airport security - she appeared to be the internal Ryanair police checking weight on hang luggage. This is a disaster of an airport. Huge queues with no urgency at all and to be avoided.