Top 100 Airlines

Venice Marco Polo Airport

"45 minutes to collect our luggage"

(Italy)

I don't like Venice Marco Polo Airport but I'll focus on my last arrival. We arrived at 7 am and we were the only flight in the airport, despite that fact we had to wait 45 minutes to collect our luggage. Fortunately that time we didn't have to take the bus from plane to airport.
Date VisitJanuary 2016

"every stage was quick and easy"

I was not looking forward to VCE, having seen the other reviews, but both arrival on a Saturday afternoon and departure on a Wednesday afternoon were without problems. Every stage was quick and easy. The Marco Polo lounge had limited, but very good food and refreshments. The only downside is the walk to the water taxi/bus, however I am sure this will be addressed in the major airport extension that is under construction.
Date VisitNovember 2015

"there was an enormous queue"

On arrival at the airport, Sat 10th October for a return journey to Manchester I was directed to the flight booking in desk of which their was only one, with one poor young lady booking in the entire flight. Needless to say there was an enormous queue. I know it's not your fault that the airport is too small for the huge amount of passengers passing through there. But you could do better than have just one desk open for your passengers.
Date VisitOctober 2015

"rude and completely incompetent staff"

(New Zealand)

My review relates to customer service at the lost baggage counters at Venice Marco Polo Airport. As a result of delayed and changed flights (Austrian Airlines) our bags were not there on our arrival. We filed a lost baggage claim straight away with a fairly unfriendly and unhelpful staff member who assured us our bags would be delivered to our hotel by midday the next day. Apart from her surliness and unhelpful attitude we accepted this as our flights had been delayed etc. No sign of our bags the next day so we rang the number on the form - no-one answered. Our hotel also tried ringing. I might add that if your luggage does get lost unless you speak fluent Italian it is impossible to get any assistance whatsoever over the phone. Also the lost baggage counter is not open all day. On the third day we spent time and money travelling to the actual airport to try to get assistance in person. I accept that bags get lost but never at any airport I have been to have I encountered such unhelpful, rude and completely incompetent staff who handle the lost baggage counters. Our hotel also told us they were often rude and completely unhelpful. I will NEVER go back to Venice again.
Date VisitSeptember 2015

(Slovenia)

The check-in area for Brussels airlines on 31/07/2015 was total confusion and staff incompetence. No organization, no communication, and total chaos. Coming back from Brussels on 30/08/2015 late at night and our luggage was lost. Stuff on the lost luggage counter of Aviapartner just fine but nothing more than that. In front of a terminal building the real face of Venice airport: chaos and filthy, the filthiest airport that a have ever being. And no staff at all to clean the mess.
Date VisitAugust 2015

Venice Marco Polo Airport customer review

Arrived on an Austrian Airlines flight from Vienna connecting to a United flight to EWR. No one at security. After waiting 20 minutes and 3 calls on the intercom, finally someone from security arrives to man the screening station. They seemed totally perplexed that a group of people arrived. Asked us all where we came from and wanted to see boarding passes from our previous flight. Totally disorganized and incompetent, a farce. The airport itself is filled with super high end shopping. The Marco Polo Lounge was crowded and unkept, uncomfortable, grouchy help, not a good 1st class lounge experience.
Date VisitSeptember 2015

Venice Marco Polo Airport customer review

Bus from the plane to the baggage claim was on time and fast. Baggage did arrive relatively quickly. I did have some trouble finding the bus to take me into the city, and accidently walked for a while to the water bus station, so I feel public transit could have been better marked. There was significant construction going on outside the airport. Overall, not bad, but just given the distance and hassle of traveling from the airport to the city, I was glad that I left Venice by train.

Venice Marco Polo Airport customer review

Fly through Milan Malpensa and take the train to Venice. Arrivals was an farce, considering how they decided that 4 immigration counters were sufficient to unload a couple of large planes including a 777, I do not like having time limits on my WiFi and they had the audacity of only providing 30 minutes free. Arrivals was very crowded, which I will find is the norm of the entire airport later when I make my way back. As I was making my way to departures at the airport, I found that they wouldn't allow me to check in as they hadn't opened up the counters, partly because they were still being used by Air Canada. Their Departures floor was crowded and it was near impossible to find a place to wait. We managed to get through security in a matter of minutes, and we were pleased with the number of shops that were available, but their line for detaxing was unforgivable. They had one counter for tax refunds in Euro and another for any other foreign currency. Due to the ridiculous rates that they offered for tax refunds in foreign currency, however, everyone flocked to the Euro line, and as a result, it took everyone about an hour to get their tax refunds, especially since the person performing Euro tax refunds clearly of questionable levels of competence. The gates were confusing since each gate had 2 different numbers, and we later found that they cordoned off a tiny segment of the terminal for passengers flying international, meaning everyone was stuffed into this tiny space past immigration. That would've been fine if it wasn't so hot. I don't particularly enjoy flying, but by the time I was done with this airport, I was thrilled to board the flight.
Date VisitJuly 2015

Venice Marco Polo Airport customer review

Departing Venice Marco Polo Airport was an example of how not to board an airplane. Leaving on a British Airways flight to London, the gate area was total confusion and staff incompetence. No organization, no communication, and total chaos in attempting to get passengers aboard the flight. No announcements made to passengers on when to board the shuttle buses to the plane, and we left 30 minutes late! Avoid Venice airport.

Venice Marco Polo Airport customer review

It all started so well with quick and efficient security check but after that it all went downhill. With reasonable space available to browse a number of outlets it soon became clear that the area was becoming very crowded and it appeared evident that passengers were having to queue for passport inspection in lines so long that they extended out to the retail area. Then followed a long wait with several anxious passengers worried about missing their departing flights. Once through passport control we were directed to Gates 21-26 where passengers were sat on the floor or left to stand because of overcrowding and lack of space. In order to try to clear space at Gate 21, passengers were boarded, in no particular order and by one member of staff checking boarding passes manually, onto a waiting bus to be taken to the aircraft. In very hot conditions and with no aircon, we were left for over 15 mins on the bus. Then after a slow drive to the plane the driver got out and again left the passengers on the hot bus before getting clearance to board. At the end of our flight the BA Captain advised that he would seek an investigation into what went on after what he rightly described as 'an unacceptable situation'.
Wifi Connectivity N/A