Urumqi Airport

"Very good experience"

Verified Review | Well organised for the transit process. Airport service persons picked us up at the exit and allocated us in a special area. There are free services for water, wifi access and breakfast. A lady registers and reminds each of the customers in the waiting area for boarding. Very good experience!
Date VisitOctober 2017

"boarding process was smooth and simple"

Verified Review | I had an early morning flight from Terminal 2 to CKG. Arrived early due to the scheduled shuttle from my hotel. The security arrangements here are very tight but not overbearing. Check-In was simple enough, while I virtually had to empty my carry on of all electronic items for separate scanning. Once through, I headed to the Hainan Airlines lounge, but it only opened at 6am, so I waited for 30 minutes. Then I had a wait until 6.30am until breakfast was served, but it was plentiful and delicious. My aircraft was at a distant stand, so I had to board a bus but the boarding process was smooth and simple.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"staff were very friendly and helpful"

Verified Review | I was on a trip from Korla, which is in the northwest of China, to Sydney Australia taking transition stops at Urumqi and Guangzhou. The transition experience at Urumqi was smooth and impressive. The staff were very friendly and helpful. They respond quickly to the customer's needs and patiently explain procedures to follow. I will definitely to recommend friends to take transition stops at Urumqi Airport in future.
Date VisitFebruary 2017