Syracuse Hancock Airport

Syracuse Hancock Airport customer review

Review by (United States) 11th July 2015

Having lived in the area all of my life, I've flown out of Syracuse Hancock for years. It is a smallish regional airport with a few places to eat. The bathroom facilities are abundant and clean while gate areas are somewhat outdated and a little shopworn. The airport is divided into two main departure/arrival wings; previously each had its own TSA screening area. Recent renovations resulted in consolidation to a single TSA screening area with capacity to manage both gate wings. Because I was not aware of the renovations, I took my usual path to my assigned gate only to find that I had to backtrack to the TSA area and then back out to the gate. Perhaps further renovations (and/or improvements in signage) could result in more a more direct and efficient pathway to TSA. Once through the mostly efficient TSA process, the walk to the gate was fairly quick and straightforward. TSA lines can be long (but not like LAX, DCA, etc.) during peak periods so be prepared. Parking is adjacent to the terminal with very reasonable rates. I've left my car there for a few days at a time without concern. While sometimes flights are less expensive out of nearby cities (Rochester, Buffalo, Albany for example) I choose to fly out of Syracuse because it is so accessible. Lastly, the "Syracuse" illuminated sign on the gate area has welcomed passengers for decades with its comforting deco appearance!
Date Visit11-07-2015

Syracuse Hancock Airport customer review

Review by 3rd January 2011

Small and always a risk for bad weather but they do an amazing job clearing the snow (closed less than 24 hrs per year despite getting more snow on average than any comparable city). Rarely any delays at counters or security. Free WiFi. Not much in the way of food or shopping. No public transportation into Syracuse (taxi only).