Stockholm Arlanda Airport

"transport options are impossible"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | For a country supposedly leading the world in efficiency and human rights, this was unacceptable, and I am deeply unimpressed and upset by how this is allowed to occur. Flight arrived in at 00.10 from London, and there were 2, yes, only 2 customs officers checking passports for a full flight of people. Public transport options (trains and buses) stops from this airport at 01.05am. Goodness knows how everybody is going to get home or whatever they are going because with a wait over 1.5hrs transport options are impossible. Note! If you are planning on arriving on a midnight flight into Arlanda ensure you are first off the plane, or have alternative transport arranged!
Date VisitApril 2018

"gates are nice and modern"

(Sweden)

Not Verified | I have traveled a lot of times from Stockholm/Arn. I have both fly domestic and international from the Airport. Terminal 5 is very boring and small and the other terminals could be renovated. The Airport staff are very good and pleasent. The gates are nice and modern.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"They refused to wear gloves"

(Denmark)

Not Verified | I have a knee prosthesis. So everywhere I go, I get special attention in security check. In some airports (such as CPH), they have machines which shows the critical areas, so that only my knee is searched. In most airports, I have to go through a full body search. The person who performs that would wear gloves. But not in Arlanda. They refused to wear gloves, so I had sweaty hands all over me. That was a disgusting experience.

"Absolute nightmare"

(Finland)

Not Verified | Absolute nightmare. 2 hours was not enough during off peak hours to get luggage out and check for connecting flight. The whole family had to book hotel and new flight since they were two different airlines and getting bags took forever. Never again via Stockholm Arlanda Airport.
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"unprofessional security and service staff"

Trip Verified | Nice looking shopping mall, but with its grotesquely unprofessional security and service staff not a good airport. Nobody really seems to know what they’re doing. Minimum wages may have some effect here. Security calls slightly annoyed passengers names or changes them with having "an attitude". But maybe that is because the badly paid security ladies do not have one at all.

"expect delays, confusion"

Not Verified | Awful airport!!! If you’re looking to connect to another destination, connect through another airport. We had a 4 hour layover and barely made it in time to our flight. Airport staff are not helpful and it took forever to have a custom slip stamped. The airport is awfully designed and we walked for what seemed like miles to our gate, through a ton of checkpoints, and after a while it felt like harassment. I’m a U.S. citizen traveling with my husband and 3 young children and we were stopped and questioned numerous times. We were repeatedly told it was because we were “from the U.S.” If you’re from the U.S., expect delays, confusion, rude airport staff, and being searched and questioned repeatedly.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"signage and layout are terrible"

Trip Verified | One of the most disorganized airports my family has ever had to experience. My wife and three children had a four hour layover and 2 out of 3 customs offices were closed and I had to wander to get a form stamped. At the Kiosk I was flagged for additional security procedures but my wife, 10 year old son, and two 6 year olds were not. I was told it was because I was a US citizen traveling to the US. First I was questioned, then pulled aside at the baggage area for additional checks, then I was placed in an “Pen like” area with my family with one place to eat, and finally prior to boarding I was questioned again (again having to unpack my bags). The agent looked like she was 15 years old and I fully cooperated. After finally boarding, I saw about every male US citizen age 30 to 50 being screened which delayed our flight about a 1+ hours. Bottom line: If you have a connection in the states, don’t enjoy long lines and poor service, and have tired young children, avoid this airport at all costs. Airport signage and layout are terrible.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"Large and ridiculously expensive airport"

Large and ridiculously expensive airport. No smoking lounge once you pass security on in terminal 4, however they have them in terminal five. Be aware, the bar in terminal 4's departure area does not take cash, only cards - could be because it costs $10 a pint. For airport transfers we used Door to Gate, fair price and efficient. The only problem is you have to check in on line and the airport only gives you 100 MB free WiFi, not much after your phone downloads all your Facebook and Whatapp messages.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"don't cater for gluten free customers"

(Finland)

Unverified | I have travelled through Arlanda Airport a few times on my way to European destinations from Finland. I find it quite puzzling and really embarrasing for the airport that the restaurants, cafes etc don't really have anything to gluten free customers. In July there were two ladies hired to help customers inside the airport and they had no idea whether any of the restaurants had anything gluten free. Last week I spent two hours on Sunday and three hours on Friday at Arlanda while waiting for my transfer and have to say that the restaurants and cafes really don't have any gluten free bread rolls, warm dishes etc that are quite easily available for example at UK airports and at Helsinki airport. The food market has bread which they will toast after a long wait and serve with a slice of ham but they don't even have butter on the bread. Puzzling! I don't understand why the restaurants don't cater for gluten free customers. I think it is just bad service. I'd rather not transfer through Arlanda in the future because of this.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"it works really well, fast and reliable"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | This is my home airport, and I have spent too much time here in the last ten years of business travels. In general it works really well, fast and reliable. It is easy to navigate, you do not have to walk much, and people working there are fine, even if not always the most friendly. But they are fair. Bathrooms could be a bit improved, but that is mainly everything in my opinion. Food and drinks are incredibly expensive, but not far from Stockholm prices. The only issue is for those that need to change to an internal flight, as they need to clear customs, than walk quite a lot to another terminal and do security again. I think they need to find a way to connect these two areas from inside. Looking at the status of many airports around the world, using this one as my home destination makes life much easier.
Date VisitSeptember 2017