Stockholm Arlanda Airport

"absolute no go"

(Denmark)

Not Verified | Only airport I go to where they do not ware gloves when searching you in security check. Very unpleasant and unhygienic. Absolute no go. I wish I could avoid this airport.

"signage is excellent"

Not Verified | The best thing about flying from or through Scandinavia are the airports and Arlanda is no exception. When it comes to being efficient, clean and offer you a good experience these airports are top. The signage is excellent, waiting time at the passport controls and security checks are minimum when it comes to time spent and the waiting areas are as comfortable as they can get.
Date VisitApril 2018

"transport options are impossible"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | For a country supposedly leading the world in efficiency and human rights, this was unacceptable, and I am deeply unimpressed and upset by how this is allowed to occur. Flight arrived in at 00.10 from London, and there were 2, yes, only 2 customs officers checking passports for a full flight of people. Public transport options (trains and buses) stops from this airport at 01.05am. Goodness knows how everybody is going to get home or whatever they are going because with a wait over 1.5hrs transport options are impossible. Note! If you are planning on arriving on a midnight flight into Arlanda ensure you are first off the plane, or have alternative transport arranged!
Date VisitApril 2018

"gates are nice and modern"

(Sweden)

Not Verified | I have traveled a lot of times from Stockholm/Arn. I have both fly domestic and international from the Airport. Terminal 5 is very boring and small and the other terminals could be renovated. The Airport staff are very good and pleasent. The gates are nice and modern.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"They refused to wear gloves"

(Denmark)

Not Verified | I have a knee prosthesis. So everywhere I go, I get special attention in security check. In some airports (such as CPH), they have machines which shows the critical areas, so that only my knee is searched. In most airports, I have to go through a full body search. The person who performs that would wear gloves. But not in Arlanda. They refused to wear gloves, so I had sweaty hands all over me. That was a disgusting experience.

"Absolute nightmare"

(Finland)

Not Verified | Absolute nightmare. 2 hours was not enough during off peak hours to get luggage out and check for connecting flight. The whole family had to book hotel and new flight since they were two different airlines and getting bags took forever. Never again via Stockholm Arlanda Airport.
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"unprofessional security and service staff"

Trip Verified | Nice looking shopping mall, but with its grotesquely unprofessional security and service staff not a good airport. Nobody really seems to know what they’re doing. Minimum wages may have some effect here. Security calls slightly annoyed passengers names or changes them with having "an attitude". But maybe that is because the badly paid security ladies do not have one at all.

"expect delays, confusion"

Not Verified | Awful airport!!! If you’re looking to connect to another destination, connect through another airport. We had a 4 hour layover and barely made it in time to our flight. Airport staff are not helpful and it took forever to have a custom slip stamped. The airport is awfully designed and we walked for what seemed like miles to our gate, through a ton of checkpoints, and after a while it felt like harassment. I’m a U.S. citizen traveling with my husband and 3 young children and we were stopped and questioned numerous times. We were repeatedly told it was because we were “from the U.S.” If you’re from the U.S., expect delays, confusion, rude airport staff, and being searched and questioned repeatedly.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"signage and layout are terrible"

Trip Verified | One of the most disorganized airports my family has ever had to experience. My wife and three children had a four hour layover and 2 out of 3 customs offices were closed and I had to wander to get a form stamped. At the Kiosk I was flagged for additional security procedures but my wife, 10 year old son, and two 6 year olds were not. I was told it was because I was a US citizen traveling to the US. First I was questioned, then pulled aside at the baggage area for additional checks, then I was placed in an “Pen like” area with my family with one place to eat, and finally prior to boarding I was questioned again (again having to unpack my bags). The agent looked like she was 15 years old and I fully cooperated. After finally boarding, I saw about every male US citizen age 30 to 50 being screened which delayed our flight about a 1+ hours. Bottom line: If you have a connection in the states, don’t enjoy long lines and poor service, and have tired young children, avoid this airport at all costs. Airport signage and layout are terrible.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"Large and ridiculously expensive airport"

Large and ridiculously expensive airport. No smoking lounge once you pass security on in terminal 4, however they have them in terminal five. Be aware, the bar in terminal 4's departure area does not take cash, only cards - could be because it costs $10 a pint. For airport transfers we used Door to Gate, fair price and efficient. The only problem is you have to check in on line and the airport only gives you 100 MB free WiFi, not much after your phone downloads all your Facebook and Whatapp messages.
Date VisitNovember 2017