Top 100 Airports

Split Airport

"hard time finding a spot to sit"

(Norway)

Split airport is way to small - left on 13 August and the departure hall was packed. We had a hard time finding a small spot to sit on the floor (not kidding). Croatia is a fantastic country, but Split airport is not, due to its limited size.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"food limited, appallingly expensive"

Split is the worst airport I have ever experienced. 40 minute queue just to get a cup of coffee and with a view of the men's urinals whilst waiting. Food extremely limited - I had a stale roll with 2 very thin slices of cheese, appallingly expensive and nowhere to sit. Can't even buy a packet of crisps in the shop. No screens displaying departure times and incorrect notices at the gates which were in the same place as the food queue. I hope I never need to return.

"an absolute disgrace"

Split airport is an absolute disgrace. The terminal was jammed full with people all seats taken, people sitting in stairways sitting on the floor just no space for anything. Two poor food and drink outlets and not even any air con in temperatures reaching 100 degrees. Children crying, how people weren't carted off for heat exhaustion I will never know. I have to add I love Croatia it was a wonderful holiday but will not return until this disgrace of an airport is sorted out
Date VisitJuly 2016

"should be at least triple its size "

(Denmark)

Split Airport should be at least triple its actual size to cope with the number of travellers in the summer months. 95% of the floor in the transit area was occupied by people sitting down, the remaining 5% was an uncomfortable obstacle-run to and from the two lousy food stalls. In many other countries fire regulations would have demanded more space for evacuation, but not in Croatia.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"everything was clean, swept and shiny"

(New Zealand)

I arrived at Split airport mid-evening - we were the only flight. Everything was clean, swept and shiny. I told the Customs lady that I had prescriptions drugs with a letter from my doctor, but she didn't speak English. There wasn't much use in trying to find a translator so I left her looking very confused. On my coach and away with no hassles. Departure mid-afternoon was easy. No waiting anywhere. Duty free shopping was OK if you wanted to buy vodka! Toilets were clean and obviously looked after. Plenty of seating as airport only appeared at about 1/2 capacity. Bright, sunny and plenty of glass gave a pleasant atmosphere.
Date VisitOctober 2015

"everything went smoothly - no queues"

We were catching a flight from Split to London around 10 in the morning on a weekday early in September. Everything went smoothly - no queues, no long wait in the (admittedly not exciting, but adequate for our purposes) departure lounge. On-time departure. Just bring your own sandwich. Only niggle was that the security folk insisted on my wife removing all her bangles - not a task to be undertaken lightly.

(New Zealand)

This would be one of the worst airports that I have been thru other than some third world countries. There are no banking facilities in the departure hall. The selection of food was limited to stale rolls or a sandwich, most containing a sliver of cheese and some ham (which was more like raw bacon). All items were grossly overpriced. Very- poor shopping options. Unfortunately we were at the airport early and had a very boring wait for our flight.

Split Airport customer review

Queues everywhere. Overpriced shops. Really insufficient seating in the departure area. Delays on several flights.

Split Airport customer review

What a dreadful experience. If ever I visit Croatia again (which I would love to) I will not use Split Airport. We (2 adults and 2 children) got our flights back on Saturday 8th August. The airport was a seething mass of humanity queuing and queuing. The queues were so long they continued outside the airport. Staff were giving conflicting information. There was inadequate seating and the place looked more like a refugee camp. The planes were running on time. I hate to think what this place would be like if there were to be delays.
Date VisitAugust 2015

Split Airport customer review

Flew out of Split airport on a Saturday evening. Queues everywhere and departure lounge in particular was bursting with people. There was vastly inadequate seating and not even enough floor space for tired passengers to sit on without causing an obstruction to others. I couldn't believe how many more passengers were allowed to pour in when there was clearly inadequate room for existing passengers due to flight delayed caused by weather. When passengers were finally called to gates they were left standing for a good 30 minutes before a member of staff began to process the enormous queue that had built up. Our gate number was changed at the last minute and it took ages to work our way through the crowds to join the long queue. Once through the gate we waited an equally long period of time queuing for the airport bus on the hot stairwell. My overall opinion is that this airport does not have the capacity to cope with the volume of people coming through at peak periods. Even taking into account the delays due to weather I struggle to see how this airport has enough seats public toilets (no toilet paper in any of ladies toilets) food and drink areas for the numbers passing through. Incidentally the first mention we had concerning the cause of delay was when the pilot announced this was due to bad weather in Europe just prior to take off. All airport staff looked stressed and fed up. It has well and truly put me off using Split airport ever again.