Singapore Changi Airport

"soft service is poor"

(Romania)

Unverified | To be fair, it is one great airport, but not the best. The hard product is awesome (minus some lack of cleaning in the toilets), however, the soft service is poor, people here are rude and arrogant. I had a transfer here and the information people didn’t know which terminal I would fly from. At the transfer desk, no one was there and no one knew why. The streetfood place has an idiotic system where you need to go prepay a card, pay for a food, get a refund for the amount left on the card afterwards. There’s 8-10 stalls, is it so hard to have a cashier at each? The lady taking your order could as well get your money so all in all, great place to transit through, but just a shiny mall with rude people. Incheon or Bangkok is heaps better, people make the difference.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"modern and great airport"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | I was in Terminal 3 Changi Airport for transit during my flight from Jakarta leaving for Amsterdam via Singapore. This modern and great airport is really big and has lots of shopping options. They are very strict with gate opening times and long queues for security check at the gate. Most airports have security checks at the main entrance of departures.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"the best airport I've transited through"

Verified Review | It was the best airport I've transited through. The terminal was very clean. There were lots of options for shopping and dining. You can find a seat as soon as you decide to sit. The seats are far more comfortable than any other airport I've been at. One important distinction is that Changi is not as cold as other airports. In fact, the temperature is pleasant. There two negative issues though, one, the staff are not as good as the airport. They don't live up to your expectations. Two, there are security checks at every gate, that I don't understand the reason. Passengers already been through checks and screening, but then again at the gate they have to stand in long lines to get screened.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"smooth is an understatement"

(Indonesia)

Unverified | I flew into Changi Terminal 1 on a Sunday morning. I had a connecting flight but had to clear immigration, collect luggage, check in and go back through immigration. To say it was smooth is an understatement. It took 30 minutes and I was having a coffee waiting for my next flight. Visitors can now use the e-passport gates on departure.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"my favourite airport so far"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Prior to my arrival in Changi, the only thing I heard about this airport was my colleague telling me it was the best airport in the world! So, I didn't have high expectations, but, nevertheless, the first impression was good. This airport is neat, well organised and immigration was fast and efficient. To be honest, that's a real good introduction to Singapore. Of course, on arrival, we spent as little time as possible in the airport but I had way more time on the departure. On my departure day, I spent 7 hours in this airport (my flight was late in the evening and since I got kicked out from the Hotel beginning of the afternoon, I needed a nice place to work and this airport seemed to be perfect to do so). Check-in was super easy, border control was super fast. Without my luggage I was ready to have a look around. First good surprise, all 3 terminals are reachable once you're inside (there's an internal automatic train, but, if you feel like it, you can walk around as well). I found a very nice Cactus bar, outside, in the sun with view on the tarmac and, of course, with lot of cacti! That was the perfect place to work, very pleasant. Once done, I checked the swimming pool (!) that you can access for a little fee. It's a small one, but heck, it's not every day you can use a swimming pool in an airport! (only downside you get to leave with your wet trunk in your backpack....). Apart from that, you got a huge choice of food ("traditional" street food, fast food, etc), nice spot here and there (Butterfly garden, Koi pond, bars) and a free cinema which is, again, quite unique from my experience, it's running non stop and, even if you don't want to seat two hours in front of a new blockbuster before seating 10 hours in a plane, that's still a funny addition. The only downside to me is the security control at the gate, once done, there's no turning back so, you can say hello to your bottle of water and buy a new tiny one in the only tiny shop available after the control. It's not my preferred way of doing things but, anyway, this is clearly my favourite airport so far!
Date VisitJuly 2017

"It is really a five star airport"

(Philippines)

Unverified | The best airport. It has nice food, a nice shopping area, good staff, understandable mapping. Short lines, a welcoming feeling, good Wifi, zero to no delays. Nice gates (I love the chargers there) and it is very clean. It is really a five star airport.
Date VisitMay 2017

"Very simple and quick process"

(New Zealand)

Unverified | In and out, 15 days apart. Very simple and quick process. Very efficient and helpful staff both on arrival and departure. Super clean facilities and very well signposted - almost impossible to get lost, with an open and "space" feel about the whole place. Great WiFi. One of the best airports that I have been through, time and time again. You could almost live in the airport!
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"directions were big and clear"

(Taiwan)

Verified Review | Singapore Changi airport is amazing. The interior design looked very advanced and fancy. Though there were many passengers in the airport, it wasn't crowded thanks to the big space and the design of routes for passengers. Signs and gate directions were big and clear. I liked the restaurant offers as I always need some good food before heading onto the flight.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"staff are very helpful and polite"

(Guatemala)

Verified Review | Singapore Changi Airport is very big. I arrived at 6am and my next flight was 8:05am. 2 hours transit. They have all kind of facilities for passengers. Many shopping outlets. Free wifi working well. Seating facilities great. Staff are very helpful and polite.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"fantastic in terms of airport experience"

Verified Review | The best airport I have ever set foot into. Probably not as efficient as Dubai or Schipol airport in terms of check in/security/immigration, but absolutely fantastic in terms of airport experience. Big, warm and cozy, it conveys the idea of relaxation at every corner. Food courts are excellent, the lounges are excellent, the overall service is excellent.
Date VisitMay 2017