Singapore Changi Airport

"Very disappointing"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | Arrived early at 3.35am and virtually everything was closed. Noted that the trains don't start until 5.30am approx so had 5 hours to do nothing. Very disappointing as Singapore used to be legendary to transit through. Once cafes and bars did start opening I felt ripped off by the charges so stuck to a can of soft drink. Daylight transits I imagine would still be fantastic but the darkness hour transits are best avoided if possible.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"long and slow moving lines"

Trip Verified | This used to be the most efficient airport to travel through, especially for arrivals. Sadly, its no longer the case. On arrival there are long and slow moving lines waiting to go through passport control. There are no e-passport scanners and for some unknown reason they feel the need to take a finger print image. Now wonder its once famous retail strip is struggling. On a side note, they have recently scaled back the Changi travel vouchers for flights on SQ transiting Singapore from $40 to $20.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"best airport to transit"

Not Verified | The best airport to transit through. I would have thought that you were only gonna be allowed to muck around in some stupid lounge. No, Changi lets you roam free. Just amazing. The price for a banana was 1 Singapore Dollar - compare that to European airports (most of them) this airport had a childrens play area, hundreds of bars and restaurants, toyshops. If you have to compare it to some of the other airports, the other ones are like pennies in a moneybox. This one; the money box its self. It's Huge. It's cheap reliable, big and the perfect place to roam free - for transit especially. It'll be the best airport you have experienced.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"Immigration was very efficient"

Not Verified | Three years since we last were in Singapore. During this time Changi has expanded but is still an excellent and easy airport to spend some time. Immigration was very efficient and we were in our hotel within half an hour. The next morning we departed Singapore but good terminal design made our departure seamless. We are looking forward to a similar repeat experience in two weeks.

"Fantastic airport"

Not Verified | Fantastic airport - truly one of the most efficient in the world. Never has long queues, either in security or immigration (and as a resident, you can use the biometric e-gates for immigration, making the process even faster). For departures, the security is done at the gate, so there are never long queues as you don't have to worry about how many flights are leaving at once. Combined with the immigration, it means you don't need to arrive hours before your flight - if you've checked in online and don't have checked bags, an hour is sufficient. For arrivals, I'm normally in a taxi leaving the airport within 20 minutes of landing (as I don't have bags to wait for). Even with the bags, it doesn't take that much longer. Things to note: as security is at the gates, any drinks purchased in the terminal have to be finished before you get to the gate but you can take empty bottles through security, there are water fountains at the gate, so you can refill before boarding. The toilets outside the gates, so if you need to go, do it before you clear security.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"very poor system"

Not Verified | The airport does not have security until at the gate so you can't take any drinks onboard. There are no toilet facilities at the gate so you have to go out and back thru security. A very poor system. We couldn't take any drinks an board for a 14 hour flight. Shabby!
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"lost its focus as a user friendly airport"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | I'm unsure what the Changi airport management company are thinking but its sure lost its focus as a user friendly airport. Our flight arrived at 2 am and we needed to wait for the airport MRT, first train departs at 5.30 am to the ferry terminal. We had luggage so we decided to have some very late dinner and wait in the transit area for the first train. After dinner my wife lay on one of the provided loungers, and the next minute the airport police were asking for our passports. I explained we were transiting from the plane to the airport train to which he instructed us we would have to wait outside, and promptly escorted us away. Here we are at now 3.30 am in Singapore, having to wait outside the airport with all our luggage and no way of getting to our next destination. The officer informed me they were not allowing anyone to be in the airport without an departing boarding pass. So much for Singapore’s reputation for efficient and friendly transit facility, its little wonder why neighbouring KLIA is becoming so popular.
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"the transfer desk staff were unfriendly"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | The airport is clean, but the transfer desk staff were unfriendly. Because this is my first time having my luggage for auto-transfer, and I need to wait for 12 hours for my next Flight, I asked whether my luggage would be safe. She answered with high intonation and not a friendly face that if I was worried about my luggage, I should take it by myself. Then I explained to her that this was my first time having auto-transfer. Really disappointing.
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"airport never fails to please"

Not Verified | This airport never fails to please and I have been coming here over 35 years. It is efficient, clean and really well organised so you are not left frustrated as a result of having passed through it. Signage is excellent and connections to MRT, taxis, buses or anything else is seamless. Food options are good and varied and there are quiet places if you have to wait a while. Staff are pleasant when enquiries are made. I base my standards for other airports on Changi. Rarely are they matched.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"good airport with excellent facilities"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | A very good airport with excellent facilities. Airport staff especially immigration officers were very cheerful, efficient and proffesional to make the airport safe while mantaining fast immigration process. When it comes to dining, a lot of options can be made especially the restaurants in the new Terminal 4.
Date VisitJanuary 2018