Top 100 Airports

Siem Reap Airport

"refuse to say a single word"

The airport staff, particularly the visa and passport control staff, might be more obnoxious than the State's TSA staff. How do these people, who refuse to say a single word to you and then behave as if we're interrupting their nap, retain their jobs? Thankfully their terrible manners do not reflect that of other locals. The airport itself is what you'd expect of a developing nation, maybe tidier.
Date VisitApril 2016

"spacious traditional airport"

Siem Reap is a small but spacious traditional airport where you walk a short distance between aircraft and terminal building. Many immigration counters both on arrival and departure reduce queuing time and the visa on arrival procedure is quick. Dutyfree shopping is satisfactory. Business lounge was closed for renovation.
Date VisitFebruary 2016

"surprisingly small"

A surprisingly small airport for a city that boasts attractions like the Angkor Wat. Upon arrival, I was happy to find that there were few people at immigration however, I had to queue for 30 minutes. For departure, we arrived at the airport a bit early. There were no places to sit outside the departure area and a lot of people were sitting on the floor. For the number of people using the airport there was very little seating. At the departure gates, there was enough seating and the terminal is nicely air conditioned. There was some shopping available, however there was a blackout so we were left in darkness for quite sometime before the lights came back on. Saw some upgrading works being carried out.
Date VisitJuly 2015

"immigration fast"

A small terminal and when I checked in at 11.00 quiet. As a lot of people on my flight to KLIA wanted bags checked through to final destination waiting times were about 8 mins. Immigration fast and the two security lines medium queuing although pretty chaotic. Staffed by young women who were prone to laughter. Airside plenty of retail therapy and restaurants. Building works in progress but no sign of dirt and dust. Smoking room available.
Date VisitJanuary 2016

"nothing much to do"

(Philippines)

Small and construction (expansion) on-going so there are parts where it is dusty. Asthmatic travellers be aware. Duty free shopping very limited and sales people don't care and staff in general are rude, very different from people from outside the airport. They have free wifi but its slow. There is one charging station. Nothing much to do in the airport.
Date VisitOctober 2015

Siem Reap Airport customer review

Small airport but fairly new terminal. Beautiful inside, marble floors, lots of counters with staff for both visa and immigration. Our Air Asia flight was almost full, but was the only plane to have arrived so they were waiting for us. When you first arrive you have to pay for a Visa. I had all my forms filled out - they give them to you on the plane, as well as my photo (you need 1 passport size photo) so I just went up to the counter and handed them my stuff. After they checked my passport, I was directed to the end of the counter where I paid my fee then told to wait while they processed the application. After 5 minutes I was given my Visa. From there I went through immigration. The whole process was pretty quick, less than 20 minutes. I expected it to take longer. They have lots of people in both places. Since it is a small terminal, you are out the Immigration and custom are fairly quickly. They do have bathrooms once you get through everything, and a few places that sell food, but not much. Very little shopping choices, but I was arriving, not departing. I had someone waiting to pick me up but for some reason couldn't come up to the front of the airport so had to walk a short distance out to the street. Nice airport.
Date VisitAugust 2015

Siem Reap Airport customer review

Airport and staff were efficient and friendly on arrival but really came into their own when we struck a problem with flights on departure. They were thoroughly professional capable quick and genuinely concerned for us. Our problem (not of their making) was addressed and with a smile. We doubt we would have had such great service anywhere else. Thank you!

(Turkey)

A super airport with a really good selection of shops including a very reasonably duty free and a tempting local artisans shop with excellent silk products. A cafe with good coffee and a bar plus comfortable seating and light bright decor make this one of the worlds nicest (if one of the smallest) places to wait for a flight. No sign of anyone asking for money at immigration by the way.

(Estonia)

Nice little airport with reasonable prices at shops. The biggest let downs are the immigration officials asking for a tip for stamping your passport. Have never seen something like that.

(Thailand)

Beautiful small airport using a lot of wood as decoration and looking traditional very much like Cengkareng Jakarta. Quick obtention of visa on arrival no customs check. Nice shops fantastic bookshop and friendly people a model airport.