Top 100 Airlines

Shreveport Airport

"takes significantly longer than most airports"

Flew to/from Shreveport on United Express. After picking up my check-in luggage from baggage claim, I went outside the terminal and did not find any Taxis. When I did spot a Taxi, the driver asked me to call his company, reserve, and then they would dispatch someone to pick me up. In short, taking a taxi from Shreveport Airport takes significantly longer than most airports. When returning, I arrived at Shreveport Airport 3 hours early due to potential delays at the airport. Apparently, there was no one at the United ticket counter. When an agent came, she told me that I arrived "too early". Overall, the security lines at Shreveport are short, boarding areas are compact, and dining options are limited after security. The primary reason why I can't recommend this airport is due to the serious inconvenience caused to passengers who can't find any cabs readily available at Shreveport Airport.
Date VisitMay 2016

"missing out on passengers"

I only went to this airport to return a car rental and it was not the most user friendly place. I would love to have flown into this destination but they do not allow airlines such as Southwest, causing fares to be much higher. It is far cheaper to fly to Dallas or Little Rock and rent a car. We have family in the area. I would have chosen this airport at least a dozen times if low cost carriers were allowed. SHV is missing out on many passengers.
Date VisitDecember 2015

"seems they're making their own rules"

I was flying out of Shreveport to see my daughter for a couple of days and did not check a bag. I was only taking a carry on. I have flown 4 times, each from a different airport, in the last 6 months. When I was going through security at Shreveport on Friday night around 8 pm, they were making everyone take everything with any liquid, gel, or paste out of your bag, no matter the size. I let them know that I had nothing more than 3 ounces but was still made to remove my cosmetic bag from my carry on and place it on the conveyor. I had not had to do this any of the other airports and is obviously not the norm. It caused a huge bottle neck of people trying to get through security to their flights. It seems they're making their own rules in Shreveport.
Date VisitSeptember 2015