Prague Airport

"real unfriendly place"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Very disappointing experience. Awaiting an hour for my luggage. Arriving with one hour delay by Wizzair W6 6421 from Kutaisi. Due to the new Wizzair restriction, I had to put my 8 kg cabin luggage into a cargo. After arriving in Prague, we were waiting one hour to get the luggage. I am a frequent flyer and regret to say that such an experience is more the rule than the exception, mainly if CSA Handling (owned by Prague Airport) involved. I am just wondering why the leadership of the airport is not able to fix it. Prague airport is real unfriendly place with obligatory long queues just for everything.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"airport is very pleasant"

Trip Verified | Large enough to handle the customers. Prague airport has improved dramatically over the years and is able to process large number of customers. But it is lacking a good rail and underground connection to the city. I find the airport is very pleasant compared to many others.

"awful experience"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Horrible. I waited for 2 hours to pass passport control. I've been travelling for years in every part of the world and have never, and repeat never, waited so much. We are in 2018 in Europe, I would like to recall. Awful experience.

"disappointed me"

Trip Verified | After an excellent flight from LHR my friend and I arrived at Prague. The walk through the terminal was impressive with quite a variety of shops and services. Then, immigration! My UK biometric passport was quickly read by the machines and that’s was it. So quick. But, my friend is non-EU and it took 2 hours for immigration. The officers keep disappearing off for drinks or maybe a break. It really is not a good image for Czech Republic. There’s not enough immigration officers and some if the booths were closed which could have been open. The baggage hall is littered with unclaimed luggage as too many flights have arrived and immigration can’t cope. If this is an example of modern integrated efficient and professional EU, then it needs to enforce certain standards for all travellers. Airlines are governed by strict rules on delays and cancellations so countries with appalling immigration delays for travellers entitled to enter should also be brought into line. My first impression of Prague and the main Czech gateway has disappointed me and my friend.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"rude with customers in a way"

Trip Verified | The airport in general is in a horrible control! The fact that you do the shopping before the check in area is horrible! After the check in control, I had to wait in the queue for 20 min, which after followed with waiting in the bus for another 30 min. There was no information given, regarding the flight status, for unknown reasons. The staff does not even talk English and are rude with customers in a way. The experience of Prague airport was just awful and the worst I ever had.

"very disorganized"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Entry to passport control is very disorganized, took an hour to get through, half way through standing in one of theong queues, the staff suddenly decided to leave a with no replacement and I had to start queuing from the start.
Date VisitJune 2018

"truly a horrible atmosphere"

(Turkey)

Not Verified | It was the most awful experience I have ever had. The check-in was indefinitely delayed because the system wasn't working, an information provided in the rudest possible way. The check-in agent was not willing to help in any way and she was extremely impolite. Next, after security check, from my bag a 100 ml of sunscreen gel was confiscated as liquid, even if, to my understanding, 100 ml should be allowed. Even the security people were extremely unprofessional and rude as well. It is truly a horrible atmosphere. I left Prague utterly disappointed!
Date VisitJune 2018

"it took more than an hour"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Volotea from Venice to Prague on May 13. Flight was uneventful with just a few minutes delay upon our arrival in Prague. However, from the unknown reasons we were sitting in the plane for some 30 min. on the apron and waiting for the stairs (or bus) to disembark. Than compulsory 35 min. to get our luggage. Altogether, it took more than an hour just to get from the plane throughout the airport. In fact, exactly the same time as the duration of the flight from Venice. This is unacceptable. Unfortunately, relatively frequent case at Prague Airport. One would wish the management of the airport to drive the performance and prevent the cases like that happening.
Date VisitMay 2018

"clean and the signage is good"

Trip Verified | We flew in and out of Prague on a recent trip, and overall were pleased. It isn't a large airport and is easy to navigate. It is clean and the signage is good. On the advice of a friend, we got to the airport for our departure 90 minutes before the flight instead of the recommended 2-3 hours and it was plenty of time. There were short lines at security and customs, but everything moved well.
Date VisitMay 2018

"Clean and constantly improving"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | I do not only travel often from this airport, but I also work here, however I will try to be as unbiased as possible. First issue is getting to the airport, it's only possible via overpriced taxis or public transport busses (after all those years still no train or underground connection!). Terminals are, however, very nice. Clean (including toilets), and constantly improving. Queues are bearable, however during the season lack of both check-in and security capacity is obvious. Security is strict, but mostly fair and if you behave they are friendly. Could definitely use more shops and restaurants inside, but generaly its above average as you can buy all sorts of stuff there for reasonable prices. Airport definitely needs to improve security capacity and build more terminals and aircraft stands, as situations, where you can spend 10-15 minutes waiting for any stand to park the aircraft are not uncommon.
Date VisitApril 2018