Philadelphia Airport

"wasn't just me who missed the flight"

Not Verified | This airport is the worst. Inefficiency meets power trips. I had over an hour to make my flight and get to the security check line. It was about a 1/2 mile long because they would not open three of the lines due to giving TSA precheck priority. Once I finally got through the checkpoint, I had 30 minutes to catch my flight. Security decided they would pull me aside to check my bags. This wouldn't have been a problem had I not been behind four other people, one of which had about one hundred bite size snickers in her bag. They checked each stupid snicker four times. This took forever. I asked if I could just leave my food behind so they didn't have to check it, and I would just bring my keys, wallet, and cellphone. They wouldn't budge at all. Once they finally checked my food bag, I ran like a fool as fast as I could to make it to my flight. Once I got to my gate, they had already boarded. Surprisingly, it wasn't just me who missed the flight. There were 6 other people (just for my flight) that had missed the flight. Spare yourself and don't go to Philadelphia airport.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"lack of good customer service"

Trip Verified | This was definitely my worst experience at an airport. It's been years since I have last traveled by plane so a little direction from the employees would have helped but barely any was given throughout the whole process, and the only time they did was either with an attitude or by harassing you. The woman who weighed and took my luggage was an absolute joke. I asked her multiple times what I had to do first, since it's been a while, to make both her and my job easier but she insisted on giving me a hard time and actually asked me why I didn't know what to do? Maybe because she couldn't do the only job she had and tell me. It would have taken 2 seconds to understand and get that process over with but she obviously had some personal issues or horrible customer service skills. There is no comparison with this airport and the airports in Florida where I traveled to. Philadelphia already has a bad reputation and a lot of the employees there definitely make it worse, it's embarrassing. I will try my very best to stay away from this airport in the future due to the lack of good customer service.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"Massive delays due to rain"

Unverified | Massive delays due to rain. Yes, rain. What century is this? Pathetic. Is this extreme risk aversion or is the infrastructure that antiquated that the airport can’t handle ‘weather’. Makes it easy for the big airlines customer no service as well to say there is nothing they can do. I should have known better! Too bad I can’t rate air traffic control a big fat Zero!
Date VisitOctober 2017

"More delays than anywhere else"

Unverified | Worst airport in the country. I travel all over and Philadelphia is consistently the worst experience. I have stopped checking bags due to the horrendous wait times for bags. More delays than anywhere else. Sucks it is my home airport. They could invest in the infrastructure but choose not to.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"Horrendous place to be stuck"

Unverified | Changing airport code from "PHL" to "FPA" for Filthy Philadelphia Airport. In addition to almost all areas being nasty, 80% of oulets for traveler convenience do not work. Door security alarms go off so often that no one cares or pays attention. Seven times so far in the span of 2 hours. Horrendous place to be stuck for more than 30 minutes. American airline employee apathy ca be cut with a knife it's so thick. From gate agents all the way up to the Admiral club counter. Welcome to FPA.
Date VisitJune 2017

"I have never seen such incompetence"

Verified Review | This airport is completely ineptly run. I have to fly in and out of here roughly 10 times a year. More often than not there are gate delays when I arrive. One time I arrived and we had to sit at the gate itself while we waited 20 minutes before gate crew to emerge. I am now sitting on the runway moving nowhere waiting to get into a gate behind six other planes in front of us. I have never seen such incompetence. I hate to say it but the staff that manage this airport do a really poor job. And this is my home City. I am ashamed.
Date VisitMay 2017

"customs and security weren't ready"

This is the worst airport experience I have had. For some reason customs and security "weren't ready" for the 4 international airlines landing at the same time. The 2+ hours between our connecting flights were spent in lines for customs and security, and we still missed our flight. The worst part is, our airplane was sitting still at our gate for an hour due to incliment weather, we were 2 minutes late to our flight and were still refused on the still sitting train. Never coming back ever again and I would not recommend anyone comes here unless they want to be stuck in lines due to their "short staff." Get it together.

"this airport is awful"

This is the worst airport experience I have ever had. The flight out of Philadelphia to pick us up in Montego Bay this morning delayed, which I understand, but that was just the start of the awful day we had with Philadelphia. The customs agents has absolutely no idea what they were doing. They were re-arranging the lines repeatedly in such a manner that after we had waited twenty minutes, we watched people who had just arrived walk past us. Moreover, once we got through customs there were two extremely long lines at baggage claim, each moving a different direction, but both going to the exact same place. This wouldn't have been so bad if there was a single airport employee providing directions. After another 30+ minute wait, which ended with someone taking our customs slip and nothing else, we advanced to security where we had to witness the same ridiculous line rearranging, with equally frustrating results. Another 30+ minute wait and we were pretty strung out. Fast-forward to our boarding process, where the gate agent forced me to check my bag in spite of the fact that it fit the guidelines perfectly. There was seemingly no logical reasoning behind why she chose my bag, which had glass in it. After boarding our flight, I had the pleasure of watching the gentlemen loading our bags toss mine onto the conveyor belt. If I wanted the glass tossed, I'd have checked it in the first place. This airport is awful. There is no organiation and every single person who works here is rude.
Date VisitMay 2017

"customs line was extremely slow"

Verified Review | My first American Airlines flight into Philadelphia Airport was 20 min late. After that I spent more than an hour in line for customs because the line I was put into was extremely slow. For each one that passed customs in my line, ten were already done in any other line. Then, I had to walk outside to reach the next terminal. At the TSA control I showed the boarding pass that the connection flight was already boarding; the answer I got was to wait them to check my bag while they were teaching the new hired guy. The TSA guy told me not to "make everyone aware that I was missing the flight". I rushed to the gate and there was still few people boarding. American Airlines told me that they gave my seat to someone else. I left two hours and half later to get to my destination where nobody could pick me up because too late. Never again I will stop in this airport.
Date VisitJanuary 2017

"TSA is typically extremely rude here"

American Airlines has the worst staff here, particularly for check in and bag check. There is no organization and the only person running the self check machines was clueless what to do when the machine ran out of self check stickers. She pointed me to a line that was a hour long (only 3 employees working B/C check in at 6.45am, and four other employees behind the counter joking with one another). After explaining my dilemma, and mentioning that I had been in line for over an hour and now at risk of missing my flight, I was told that was my problem. Luckily (based on prior experiences) I gave myself 100 minutes to catch my flight. Other people crying in line weren't quite as lucky. When I asked why more stations weren't open and why agents were just standing around, I was simply told to "stop talking". TSA is typically extremely rude here, but this time was slightly less rude. The gate agents look like they're tortured. I hate to admit this is my home airport (I promise you that there are many nice and friendly philadelphians). This airport needs an overhaul, starting with the terrible employees employed here. Whoever is in charge of American Airlines Phl staff operations clearly has given up and should be replaced first.
Date VisitDecember 2016