Philadelphia Airport

Review by (United States) 24th March 2015

Philadelphia please overhaul your gate waiting areas. I tried to find a measly outlet in the C terminal to charge a dying cellphone. Not only couldn't I find an outlet that worked but the one that did work - apparently used for vacuum cleaners was nowhere near a seating area and people were lined up to use it. Get some of those "work station" columns and out them at the end of every seat aisle! Every other airport has managed to retrofit waiting areas for business AND leisure travelers!

Review by (United States) 19th January 2015

We were flying in from London with US Airways / BA. Flight was late and arrived around 9.30 pm on 9th January 2015. Had a connecting flight in terminal F. Once we arrived custom clearance was quick but now the joke and disaster starts. Our luggage came out quickly and we picked it up only to find out that luggage re check and security to get back in the terminal had gone home! How can the airport manager let this happen knowing there is a flight coming in with connecting passengers. I think this airport is unorganised people absolutely useless and irresponsible. We paid a lot of money for those flights and our 4 year old was unpleased with all the stress and time difference. I will avoid this airport from now on.

Review by (United States) 5th November 2014

This airport is notoriously understaffed at security checkpoints. I fly out of PHL at least 2 to 3 times a year. Every time I feel like I'm struggling to get through security to make my plane. This last time I waited in line for an hour and a half. No pep in the TSA agents step. Lines backed up to the top of the escalator. Nobody moving any faster to avoid inconveniencing their customers. I can see if you don't arrive within the required time but come on. They have to know how many flights they have booked and approximately how many people they have to get through. The whole line of people were stressing about missing their flight.

Review by (United States) 13th October 2014

Airport wise it is completely functional and better than the NYC airports for the most part. Access is easy just off I95 plenty of parking and curbside check-in is easy. Security is hit and miss. If you arrive at the wrong time it can take forever to get through. Early mornings on a weekend - no problem took less than 10 mins. Security staff were ok no real issues. Biggest complaint is it is a really bland airport just not appealing to be in. Long way to baggage and just a really strange layout.

Review by (United States) 5th October 2014

We landed in Philly Sept 30 after an 8-hour flight from Europe. The good: nothing - not one thing. The bad: Everything about this airport from the poorly kept waiting areas (torn seats food and trash on the floor and seats overflowing trash cans etc) to the rude lazy employees at the restaurants information booths customs and gates. The food court employees (Wendy's is where we went.) were rude and acted like they were doing us a favor. The ugly: Customs was the worst experience I have ever had in my more than 20 years of flying overseas. The new automated system was a joke. They have 20 or so machines but they would only let 5 people in at a time because it would overtax the system if they allowed more. The system did go down and we (and many other passengers) tried more than 10 times to get our "pass" to go through a human being. All of us had connecting flights and the nine workers stood around and laughed. "You all have connections ma'am." One guy laughed. We asked what the alternative was since it was at that point more than 30 minutes and they had none. I refuse to fly through that place again.

Review by (United States) 30th September 2014

Very confusing airport. Landed at C and then had to take the "shuttle" to F which was a terrible experience. Got over to F only to find out that F32 had been changed to F37. Not a big deal but just a hassle that wasn't needed. Not after 12 hours of airport flying already. The people tending the line for the F shuttle were rude. The F terminal was small cramped dirty and uncomfortable.

Review by (United States) 28th September 2014

Unbelievable wait in line to get through customs and immigration. They have a new system that's automated. You answer about 10 questions and then the machine spits out a piece of paper. Heaven help you if you get a large X on your ticket. You then have to go and wait in line (and I mean wait) for an indeterminable amount of time. There were easily 500 hundred people in line and only 2 agents on. This is a disgrace. Philadelphia customs and immigration has always had a bad attitude - it's like why would you want to travel when you can sit on your south Philly stoop instead but this takes it to a whole new level.

Review by (United States) 1st September 2014

My wife and I arrived at Philadelphia International Airport after a long flight from the UK. The feeling we both had from all of the airport employees (from bus driver to baggage handler to shop clerk to ticket counter agent) was that everyone one was surly mad at the customer for even being on airport property and extremely rude. In one particular case I observed an elderly women with a cane attempting to negotiate a bus step as she was transferring from A Terminal to F Terminal. I saw that the attendant standing next to her would not assist her as she began to fall to the ground so I jumped in to help. That sums up our experience in this airport. Philly International has no soul just one mean place to avoid.

Review by (United Kingdom) 26th August 2014

This is one to avoid. When they heard I had a stop-over in Philadelphia International Airport friends were quick to tell me why that was a bad idea. They were right. Our flight arrived up to time and then sat on the tarmac for 40 minutes - no gate available for us. Then they found a gate we taxied to it but stopped short - an airport vehicle was parked in it. Another twenty minutes while they found someone to move it. The gate where we deplaned was at the opposite end of the long ribbon terminal from the planned one and from most people's connecting flights. Result of all this: many people missed connections. My stopover was longer but I used a fair bit of the remaining time trying to find my gate (which was close to the original planned arrival gate). Some staff were either pleasant but giving inaccurate information or abrupt verging on rudeness. Next trip I'll be looking for somewhere else to make any necessary change of planes.

Review by (United States) 7th August 2014

My only issue with the airport (as any other airports) is the check-in staff. They made my trip very stressful. Other than check-in staff the staff at security boarding etc. were the most pleasant people to deal with. Will fly PHL again but dread the check-in staff.