Best Cabin Crew

Philadelphia Airport

"limited seating and no facilities"

We, along with many others were disappointed when we arrived early for our flight the day after Storm Jonas. We were too early to do the bag drop and had to wait in an uncomfortable hall with limited seating and no facilities until the check in opened. No staff were there to help us find the concession in the arrival hall as I have experienced in other airports and any staff we asked were very unhelpful. Furthermore, there was not even signage for restrooms or elevators, which surely should be standard in any public building. The travel conditions were such that it was advisable to arrive in good time, but the airport made no provision to make this wait comfortable. Also, the departure boards only listed US and Canadian flights, so it was impossible to find out anything about the status of the flight until the check in opened. Again, this is the first time I have ever been at an airport where information was not provided about all of its departures. Once we passed through security, the overall standard was much hire, but first impressions are difficult to forget, especially whe experienced for a number of hours.
Date VisitJanuary 2016

"has shown vast improvement"

Philadelphia International is an airport which has shown vast improvement over the past several years. Terminals are clean and bright. It's layout has become much more user friendly and both the quality and number of amenities offered has been greatly enhanced. Public transportation (SEPTA's Airport Line of its regional rail system) provides quick and easy access to Center City Philadelphia and Amtrak. It is also located near I-95, I-76 and 474 (the Blue Route). For international travel, customs is a breeze. My biggest complaint is with the airline industry which charges hundreds of dollars more for the convenience of flying out of Philadelphia. They are practically forcing leisure travelers on a budget to hike north to Newark and JFK. Given that those airports are in no danger of going out of business, I fail to understand why Philadelphia travelers are treated so shabbily.
Date VisitJune 2015

"we had no problems whatsoever"

I liked Philadelphia Airport. It is easily accessed from the SEPTA train, we had no problems whatsoever. Clean restrooms, comfortable seating while waiting for our Southwest flight to Los Angeles. The restaurants were good, and staff friendly. For some reason, though, it is quite a bit more expensive to fly internationally from Philadelphia as opposed to JFK. Why, I wonder?
Date VisitAugust 2015

"the airport staff move at a snails pace"

If you are returning to the U.S. on an International flight that requires you to get your connecting flight home through Philadelphia, make sure you have about a 3 hour layover. Airport is a nightmare! I have flown internationally several times and have never experienced upon re-entering the U.S, an airport that is as ill equipped in handling this process. From beginning to end, it took 2.5 hours. You are required to be processed through multiple stages where you stand in one horrific line after another. The airport staff you encounter through the entire process are completely apathetic about their jobs and move at a snails pace. Luckily my flight was delayed but even then I barely made it. I literally had to run full speed through the airport to catch my connecting flight and the plane door closed right behind me. Avoid this airport if at all possible when needing to connect from an International flight - it is a nightmare.
Date VisitAugust 2015

"bright and sunny, ample seating "

I am thrilled that the new Commuter Terminal is finally completed. For years, literally, years, they have been working on that terminal, seemingly without end. It is finally done and it is a Universe away from where they started. It is bright and sunny, ample seating and electrical outlets and has lots of food options at the new Food Court. Gone is the " Prison Riot just ended" look that plagued the place for years and made me cry every time I had to connect through PHL. There is still construction ongoing and you have to slough a mile to get your luggage, all the while dodging sketchy men approaching you to see if you want a taxi. They are older men in suits, clearly not licensed Taxi company employees. The Airport Authority need to keep these shady characters out of the baggage claim/ground transport. I recommend it reservedly because I have to chose one. I would still rather fly through Charlotte, all day, everyday.
Date VisitOctober 2015

Philadelphia Airport customer review

I was departing from PHL on a flight to Atlanta, onward to Dallas. When I arrived we checked in at a kiosk which was, I admit, nice. So it printed our boarding passes. We went to security which was not long. So after the security we went to the gate. On the way, we got Auntie Anne's. Then we went to the gate and simply waited for boarding. The airport in my opinion was very good.

Philadelphia Airport customer review

It was torture to sit in the terminal that was so over air conditioned that everyone around me who didn't check their bags was adding sweatshirts and scarves. One shouldn't need coats to be comfortable indoors in the summer. The rest of the aspects of the airport were fine, I just wish I wasn't shivering for two hours.

Philadelphia Airport customer review

I'm a frequent traveller and I know that things happen, but never before have I had to go through so much to simply catch a connecting flight. Dozens and dozens of passengers ended up missing their connections. My luggage was just tossed off the carousel and left on the floor out in the open. Luggage that I had to go find after spending 2 hours waiting to declare any goods. Afterwards checking in with my airline and having my flight rescheduled, I checked my baggage and then waited in another line for 40 minutes. This line was to screen all carry on luggage and passengers again. Also, everybody's drinks (that came off the U.S. Airways flight) had to be discarded. My sealed duty free bag was cut open, the seal on the package inside opened, and the sealed bottle was removed then swabbed. Again, this was to be a quick layover before catching my connecting flight. Another highlight was the airport employee yelling to the other airport employee in the middle of the souvenir shop about bad she had to go to the bathroom. Classy. I'd recommend that this airport be avoided whenever possible.

Philadelphia Airport customer review

Philadelphia airport is the worst I have experienced in my many opportunities to travel. From unusual pattern holding efforts while arriving for a connection, extraordinary taxi and delay efforts, delays in opening the cabin door to a need to travel half way to New York through the concourse and a bus trip to find my gate. To top it off, a 30 minute delay on the runway waiting to take off due to heavy volume. Thank goodness the weather was good. All through the concourse I could see monitors with pretty people promoting the airport with claims of greatness. Now, if they could only translate their self promotion into actionable change then the experience would improve.

Philadelphia Airport customer review

We arrived at Philadelphia Airport from Paris, France. As we approached customs, there was one person yelling for Americans to line up on the left and non Americans on the right. No signs were posted. It then took us almost two hours to stand in long lines to reach three different stages for re-entry into the U.S. After being in line for 45 minutes, we showed our passports to a machine that printed out our pictures and answers to the "declarations" form we had completed with paper/pen on our flight. Then we had to show our passports and declarations form to a live person after lining up for another 20-30 minutes. We were then released to the baggage area and then had to stand in another 10-15 minute line to show our form again before getting out to the street or other terminals. The airport was understaffed and the staff were uniformly rude or simply disinterested. As we tried to make our connecting flight to Dayton, OH, we were directed to get the shuttle bus to terminal F. The staff member pointed us down the hallway. We soon discovered he had pointed the wrong way and we had to return and go another direction to get to the street. At terminal F, the TSA folks who checked our liquids and carry ons, etc. could not have been ruder or more indifferent. Fortunately our connecting flight was 45 minutes late. We stood in lines for about 2 hrs, 15 minutes to reenter the US and make a connecting flight. The Philadelphia Airport staff were amazingly unhelpful and as a group - surly!
Date VisitJuly 2015