Vote Now

Philadelphia Airport

"customs line was extremely slow"

Verified Review | My first American Airlines flight into Philadelphia Airport was 20 min late. After that I spent more than an hour in line for customs because the line I was put into was extremely slow. For each one that passed customs in my line, ten were already done in any other line. Then, I had to walk outside to reach the next terminal. At the TSA control I showed the boarding pass that the connection flight was already boarding; the answer I got was to wait them to check my bag while they were teaching the new hired guy. The TSA guy told me not to "make everyone aware that I was missing the flight". I rushed to the gate and there was still few people boarding. American Airlines told me that they gave my seat to someone else. I left two hours and half later to get to my destination where nobody could pick me up because too late. Never again I will stop in this airport.
Date VisitJanuary 2017

"TSA is typically extremely rude here"

American Airlines has the worst staff here, particularly for check in and bag check. There is no organization and the only person running the self check machines was clueless what to do when the machine ran out of self check stickers. She pointed me to a line that was a hour long (only 3 employees working B/C check in at 6.45am, and four other employees behind the counter joking with one another). After explaining my dilemma, and mentioning that I had been in line for over an hour and now at risk of missing my flight, I was told that was my problem. Luckily (based on prior experiences) I gave myself 100 minutes to catch my flight. Other people crying in line weren't quite as lucky. When I asked why more stations weren't open and why agents were just standing around, I was simply told to "stop talking". TSA is typically extremely rude here, but this time was slightly less rude. The gate agents look like they're tortured. I hate to admit this is my home airport (I promise you that there are many nice and friendly philadelphians). This airport needs an overhaul, starting with the terrible employees employed here. Whoever is in charge of American Airlines Phl staff operations clearly has given up and should be replaced first.
Date VisitDecember 2016

"the worst in terms of waiting on luggage"

I travel weekly all over the country - this is absolutely the worst in terms of waiting on luggage. I always have to wait a minimum 45 minutes and in more than one trip over an hour. The airport management should assess their processes and come up with a solution. This issue detracts from an otherwise nice airport.
Date VisitNovember 2016

"the worst airport I use"

Landed at 9:41 PM in Philadelphia from Charlotte NC and it's 10:52 PM and we are standing here still waiting for baggage claim. I travel every week and this is typical of the baggage claim here. All the other airports can get the baggage out on time, why can't Philadelphia? I'm from Philadelphia and this is by far the worst airport I use.
Date VisitNovember 2016

"the passport control is hideous"

The airport is huge and not at all conducive for a connecting flight Took 30 mins at the baggage reclaim. The passport control is hideous, the queuing time is at least 30 mins, followed by another ridiculous queuing system at customs. This took another 30 mins. Thankfully my return journey is via Charlotte.
Date VisitNovember 2016

"clean, simple and efficient"

This is the 2nd time travelling through this airport. We travel here from Singapore and back out again. In fact, we like this airport so much more than NY-JFK. Everything is just simpler and faster. It is true that in terms of eateries and shopping, there really isn't anything significant but we're not really into eating/shopping at airports anyway. We just want clean, simple and efficient. And this place checks all those boxes. We only have one big upset which is with the T-Mobile counter that sells prepaid SIM cards to inbound tourists. You cannot help seeing it as you exit the International Arrivals. This is a scam. We bought a couple of 7+2 day plans but on the 7th day, the account was locked by T-Mobile. When we approached the T-Mobile shop downtown, they told us that this happens all the time with tourists who buy from this counter. The strange thing is the mobile numbers we were assigned were all business mobile lines. The shop assistant suspects that this operator is buying bulk business lines and reselling them individually as prepaid SIM plans for individuals. The customer is none the wiser - after all, who would know that the number was a business line? However, the T-Mobile system detects this abuse after a week and terminates the account. This is a scam and Philadelphia airport should shut this operator down.
Date VisitOctober 2016

"airport was very spacious"

(Portugal)

Verified Review | The airport was very spacious, short lines, clean, easy to navigate, nice staff. However, there was no place to eat - which can be very important, especially after a long flight. Also, it is very easy to get to the train from the airport, which is great.
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"departure lounge for American Airlines is awful"

Verified Review | I hope this is the last time I ever have to go through this airport. What a disappointing end to my trip to Spain. My 4 hour layover here on Sept 7/16 was awful. Being tired and hungry all I wanted to do was grab food and sleep. Well I got some cold food. Sleep - good luck, the departure lounge for American Airlines is awful. It was hot, humid, dirty and cramped. B1 should not be a departure lounge. I hope to never have to use Philadelphia Airport again.
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"dirty and overcrowded"

Philadelphia is a dirty airport, and overcrowded. Staff are kind and friendly. Good selection of shops in connectors but not in the concourse. Poor waiting area. Bathrooms are they only thing that are clean, except concourse A, which we took a nice walk to see. If you don't have to fly here don't try it.
Date VisitJune 2016

"my last time flying through Philadelphia"

The shops are nice, a decent choice for food. My biggest complaint is how rude the security was, I have a hard time hearing and she said something about my bag, I didn't understand so she came over to my stuff threw it around, rolled her eyes, and said a remark to her friends about how we (the paying customers) become stupider everyday. Constant employees just talking and sitting with their friends. This will be my last time flying through Philadelphia.
Date VisitAugust 2016