Palma de Majorca Airport

"most awful, incompetent person"

Unverified | My partner walks with a stick but we had not asked for special assistance as we were prepared for a long slow walk and had left time for this. However the check in girl very kindly offered him assistance. Someone came promptly and we were taken to a special assistance area. At this point a woman came to us and shouted at us that our flight was boarding and we had missed the flight and we needed 2 hours if we needed help. I pointed out that we still had 45 minutes before boarding closed but she continued shouting at us. At this point we began to walk but naturally we were very upset and felt very anxious and under pressure. When we arrived at the gate the plane for the return had not even arrived. Not only did this woman know nothing about customer service but she was absolutely rubbish at her job as she had obviously got the wrong flight despite being given the paperwork. My partner was very upset. To actually shout at us like we were naughty children was disgraceful. If you've asked for special assistance watch out for her. The most awful, incompetent person I have come across.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"staff were very nice and helpful"

Verified Review | This is the 3rd time we have travelled to Majorca and it's always a good experience, nice and smooth, no waiting at the passport check or bag check. We had a bit of a delay but it didn't matter as they have playgrounds for older kids and a separate one for babies with lounge chairs and microwaves and rooms for breastfeeding. We lay down and watched our daughter play while waiting. The staff were very nice and helpful. I will say that it was better than UK border control, much better.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"archaic and in need of update"

Unverified | I agree with all reviews Palma is archaic and in real need of update. I refer to the very inefficient special needs department. From arriving to departure the service was the same totally in adequate. Unlike their sister airport Malaga where their service is of great importance. To complain when I need the service is not something I relish - I only wish I didn't need it. Just think they need too address the issue as I and a number of people will not use Palma Airport again, or until this service is at least improving.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"airport is tired and it's age is showing"

Verified Review | Palma airport is tired and it's age is showing. On arrival it took an age to get through passport control and our luggage took an age to arrive. On departing we managed to drop off our luggage fairly quickly and then wander through to passport control, we again took an age. Our gate was changed 3 times, not sure if that was the airport of airline's fault. Generally it is feels dirty and in need of lots of work to bring it up to date.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"no instruction on where to go"

Unverified | Coming through gate 22 on arrival to be greated with people waiting to get on your plane with no instruction on where to go is a little disconcerting. The sign I found out on departure runs along the route you need to take, not across it so cannot be seen. A new sign for the exit is needed at a 45 degree angle so all gates 20 to 22 arrivals get instruction where to go. After walking through the retail section the signs that you do find point you to a barred off area. Which after asking a person on disability help was told was the way to go. From there on to passport control which was regimented. Then on to baggage which once again, better signage would be a help. Once baggage was collected and out in to arrival hall was very confusing trying to find any Thomas Cook agents. On departure I found that larger signage for directions would be better for checking in. But the rest ran quite well.

"We were just ignored"

Unverified | A member of my family experienced an equipment failure just before passing through security, which was was no fault of his. We quickly summoned help but there were only 3 staff on duty, manning the passport terminals. We were met with a slow response, slight amusement and told that maintenance would arrive in 5 minutes. My family member was not communicated with at all and we were left in this situation for half an hour and wondered if we might actually miss our flight. Several times I asked for quicker assistance but was met with a shrug and a comment that it wasn't their job. By this time my family member was very stressed and my young daughter was very upset. We were just ignored. I will not ever visit this airport again and the staff should be ashamed at the way they treat people. The U.K has many problems but today I have renewed respect and admiration.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"I will be looking elsewhere from now on"

Unverified | Been travelling to Majorca twice a year for twenty years and it has always been a pleasant experience but the new delays at passport control are inexcusable and entirely man made. I will be looking elsewhere from now on. There is no excuse for using passengers as guinea pigs while they get there systems right the claim to fame of 22 million visitors a year will son be gone. How sad.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"the most unpleasant start to a trip"

Unverified | What have Palma airport done with the arrivals process? Have been travelling to Majorca for the last 25 years. Noticed in January 2017 that the airport had installed electronic passport gates, gave them a try and they were hopeless, taking 20 mins plus as Appleseed to a manual church of less than a minute. Arrived this morning to be greeted by a queue at passport control that stretched back to the arrival gate. No one of authority in sight, obviously all hiding in shame! Poor souls that were there were desperately trying to get people through but the new technology obviously doesn't work at the require speed. Spent half an hour queuing in hot sticky temperatures with air conditioning that couldn't cope with the increased number of people having to wait. If someone is trying to single handed destroy the Majorcan tourist economy they could not have found a better system. I would bet that more than half the people waiting for passport control will be booking their holiday elsewhere next year. As I mentioned I have been coming to Majorca for over 25 years, often on multiple trips each year, and this is far and away the most unpleasant start to a trip I have ever encountered, even making the passport control in the USA look like a paragon of efficiency.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"humiliating experience"

(Finland)

Verified Review | Humiliating experience at Palma de Mallorca airport security check Last weekend I attended a two-day business meeting in Illetas, Palma de Mallorca. I arrived by air on Friday morning and left on Saturday afternoon. At about 17 o’clock on Saturday, April 22nd, I was queuing at one of the middlemost security check lines at Mallorca airport to get on my 18.25 flight no D8525 to Helsinki. All my belongings had already passed to the other side of the security check and I was standing in front of the metal detector. One of the security servants, a middle-aged man, noticed my passport in my shirt pocket and denied me to go through the metal detector. He became furious and indicated that I should start queuing again back at the very beginning of the long queue of people, place my passport on the red tray, and wait till the passport would – alone – go through the security check. The security servant did not speak English but I understood very clearly that I had to undergo this humiliating process. During that time my valuables: my wallet, iPhone and keys, stood unguarded 15 meters away at the other side of the security check. Is this the normal way Spanish security personnel are advised to handle tourists and elderly people (my age 75 years)? There was no authority person by the check line to inform people what should be put to the red trays and what not. This was the worst single airport security check I ever experienced.
Date VisitApril 2017

"Service was hopeless"

Flew from Palma to Doncaster Sheffield to return from holiday. Check in with Thomson was appalling. Check in desks opened 2 hours before departure time and 2 of the 4 computers were not working. One girl was training and the check in staff did not speak with passengers but just talked among themselves. It took forever to sort out 2 couples who disputed the costs for overweight luggage. On finally getting through, we went to the Formentor VIP lounge as we had already planned it. Do not pay for this. There was little time. How it can be called VIP is amazing. It was the worst lounge I have ever used and I have used many. Hardly any food available. The few staff were in the back eating doughnuts and chatting. Service was hopeless. We had to ask if there were any sandwiches and they gave us a prepackaged pack marked basic. We decided to have a drink before boarding. My wife asked if there was any gin to make a g and t but was told they had run out. What a difference at Doncaster airport where we flew out. So efficient and the executive lounge was top class.
Date VisitMarch 2017