Top 100 Airlines

Ottawa Airport

"small and not complicated"

I really like this airport, it is small and not complicated. It is really clean and they have a small but nice section for kids to play. Just wish there were more restaurant for the US side. There are usually no delays. The airport is a bit far from downtown, so a bit expensive in taxi, but hey, they have Uber and lot of parking space.
Date VisitMarch 2016

"there aren't many food options"

A good airport to fly in and out of. Lines are not long and staff are friendly. While it is outside of the city there is OC Transpo service via busways directly to downtown. The only down side is that there aren't many food options past security.
Date VisitSeptember 2015

Ottawa Airport customer review

Arrived from London and agree with other reviewers about airport size and lack of walking needed to get through immigration and baggage claim. Found immigration hostile to my wife (US citizen) but OK to me. Inane questions and suspicious attitudes are unwelcoming. Little choice of food in departures when returning to UK but interesting architecture and layout - rivals new T2 at Heathrow.

Ottawa Airport customer review

Wonderful! Right size efficient super clean reliable in all weather conditions and wonderful ergonomics.

Ottawa Airport customer review

We (2 adults 2 kids) came here about a year ago (YOW-PUJ) nothing bad but nothing good. Very clean and a lot of Sunwing! Workers are nice and there is a great viewing area for kids! But the downside is long waiting times for everything! Otherwise it was pretty good and we will be using it again on Mar 22 for a flight to London UK then Warsaw Poland and back. Will review it again then.

Ottawa Airport customer review

Great airport: small clean easily accessible low traffic airplanes typically on time.

Ottawa Airport customer review

YOW-LHR. I loved the small feel of this airport but still getting the quality of JFK. It would be nice to have an expansion of the actual places you could fly out of but still excellent.

Ottawa Airport customer review

I transited through Ottawa while travelling from London to Washington - a slightly unorthodox way of flying that route but there was an excellent deal on Air Canada! I found the airport to be clean efficient and easy to use. I had to go through Canadian immigration before going through US immigration in Canada (it's fairly standard of course to have US immigration desks in major Canadian airports). In both cases processing was quick and easy - the fastest US immigration queue I've ever had at any airport and certainly much much faster than I would have faced at Washington Dulles! I do wish that the food options were a little better airside for travellers to the US but they were functional. I did find the language politics in the airport entertaining but then I've lived in Brussels and have past experience of capital cities that try to balance two languages; an ability to speak French might help if you're addressed in that language first (which happened to me a couple of times) but I doubt monoglot English speakers would have a real problem.

Ottawa Airport customer review

I love the size of the airport. The free wifi is very beneficial for people with layovers. There are a fair number of shops and restaurants in the airport. It's all very clean and modern. One of my favourite aspects of this airport is the easy access for plane spotters.

Ottawa Airport customer review

I have to say Ottawa (YOW) is probably one of the most user friendly airports. There are no exceedingly long walks from the check-in desks through security and to the gate areas nor is this the case if one has a transborder or international flight. On the other hand YOW probably has the dumbest Customs & Immigration agents of any border crossing point in Canada - bar none! On a recent arrival in YOW from YVR via EWR I was asked two of the stupidest questions I have ever been asked in my life; "how long are you planning to be in Canada?" followed by "what is the nature of your trip to Canada"? Seeing as I am a Canadian citizen - born and bred - I found these questions neither amusing nor appropriate and let my feelings be know to both the agent as well as to her supervisor.