Newquay Airport

Terminal Seating N/A

Review by (United Kingdom) 10th April 2015

I'm sorry I refuse to pay to pick up a passenger. I parked in the road and sorry but everyone had to slow down and wait. I've travelled all over the world since January 1949 and I've never been charged to pull into an airport for just one minute to put a suitcase in the boot. This really is disgraceful. I had advised my friend that I would be picking her up in the road and just to make sure she found her way to the barrier. It worked well for us. Oh my friend told me the toilets were a disgrace. Certainly not good for her as she had flown in from Canada.

Review by (United Kingdom) 24th February 2015

Went once again to Newquay Airport yesterday (18/2) to pick up a family member from an inbound flight. Usual chaos outside in the road with people picking up and delivering passengers due to the despicable parking costs and customer care at the airport. You cannot get anywhere near the airport and forced to pay money. The barriers are on the roadside so you have no option unless you stop in the road covered in yellow lines. And the signage does not give any clear indication of any charges. Listen in Cornwall County Council and Newquay Airport management. You are doing Cornwall a terrible disservice. Businesses will not come to Cornwall. Personally I will not be using the airport again and travel down from another regional airport. I am fed up with the service to put up with it again.

Review by (United Kingdom) 10th December 2014

I first experienced Newquay airport on 29 November 2014 having arrived on the late flight from Manchester. I was quite impressed with arrival arrangements - it was dark of course! On leaving Cornwall a few days later and checking into Newquay Airport I came to realise what a joke this airport is. Miserable staff jobsworths on security. One member of staff serving coffee in the cafe. Oh and that development fee one has to pay is a disgrace. To the first time visitor to Cornwall it appears as if Cornish people have their caps out begging. I am a business user and will be attending the area on a frequent basis over the next two years or so but I will not be using this Mickey Mouse money grabbing miserable airport. The feedback from many users over a long period of time suggests to me that management fail to respond to feedback. Be warned with a business model and miserable staff you will end up like Blackpool - closed.

Review by (United Kingdom) 27th July 2014

Flew from Newquay to Southend yesterday after short break. All staff friendly and efficient departure lounge small comfortable and clean probably just right for number of passengers it serves. Excellent coffee served. A very enjoyable experience a pleasant throwback to the way airports used to be.

Review by (United Kingdom) 11th August 2013

This airport just goes from bad to worse a full flight of 79 people and security open 55 mins before flight departure! Took forever to process passengers hence flight was 10 minutes late taking off. A panic before takeoff as they were one boarding pass short - its from a passenger already on board. The security staff treat you as if you are trying to get one over on them then another member of staff running out waving 20 notes because a passenger was charged for baggage when they had paid. Its time the manager of the airport did his job and realise that the airport is there to provide a service and not the other way around. Passengers will vote with their feet. If you can get a flight from Exeter to your destination do it!

Review by (United Kingdom) 4th August 2013

Attempted to drop off my elderly parents yesterday during a rain storm. There is now no drop off zone at the terminal building and the so called drop off zone is located within the car park (minimum fee £1) about a hundred yards away from the building. Result tired and wet parents. They enjoyed the convenient new Easyjet service from Liverpool but unfortunately due to the blinkered money grabbing attitude of the airport management they will not be using it again. If the airport managers continue to cause such inconvenience to the elderly and disabled I can foresee Easyjet joining the long list of operators who have pulled out of this airport. Sadly as it is run by Cornwall Council it will probably be me as a local taxpayer who is asked to subsidise any losses that this incompetent management generate.

Review by (United Kingdom) 4th August 2013

The charging of £1 to drop off a passenger is a ridiculous and ill-thought out policy. It was bad enough having to pay££1 a few days earlier to pick her up. I stopped before the barrier and dropped my passenger - as did the car behind me which is totally unsatisfactory. If Heathrow and Gatwick - and every other airport I know - allow drivers to drop off and pick up passengers without any charge why not this modest establishment? Newquay used to be a pleasant local airport - the current management is clearly incompetent and not commercially sensible. I recommend Lands End airport where the staff are charming and the whole experience a pleasure.

Review by (United Kingdom) 26th May 2013

As a Newquay airport user of many years I am astonished to find that it now requires a fee to drop a customer off to catch a flight. Surely this must be the only airport in the UK to impose such a money grabbing policy on its clientele. If the management need some advice on the user friendly running of a small airport they could do no better than to make a visit to Kirkwall airport on the Orkneys. Needless to say the majority of arrivals now appear to be deposited on the road outside. Fortunately traffic on that road is light. It would be thought that management would endeavour to make customers airport experience as pleasant as possible in view of the precarious economic situation it is experiencing at present.

Review by (United Kingdom) 28th April 2013

Customers of Newquay Airport be warned that since 1st April they have implemented a minimum £1 car parking charge to just drop passengers off. As if the complete rip off compulsory £5 development fee was not bad enough. As a regular customer I notice that cars are now stopping on the busy main road to set down or using nearby farm entrances which will eventually cause a serious traffic accident. When will the Management wake up and realise that they are driving customers away to either use rail services or Exeter Airport which is only 60 minutes away and has much better flights.

Review by (United Kingdom) 6th March 2013

My wife's cousin was staying with us and was dropped off at Newquay airport to catch a flight back up to London on the 25/01/2013 her flight was around 18.00pm. Unfortunately she had taken my wife's keys by mistake we had arranged that she was to leave them at customer services for me to collect. I pulled up in the Empty Maximum Stay Parking area of which I didn't notice any signs giving the time limits as it was dark pouring with rain and blowing a gale. I went into the airport customer services desk had to wait briefly for a lady to deal with my request she proceeded to give me my keys - I then went straight back to my car I got in my car and left I have since yesterday being 05/03/2013 had a letter stating that I had overstayed by 3min 22 seconds and that it will cost me up to £92. I find this an absolute insult at an airport that relies on the Cornish people to try and keep running to then get charged with that amount for less than a 3.5 minutes overstay! I am now in the middle of booking my family holiday and was looking for my family of four to fly from Newquay to one of the larger London airports but I will not be using this airport again because of the parking charges! Newquay Airport needs to start reading these comments and start looking after there customers.