Top 100 Airlines

Newquay Airport

"parking is a disgrace"

Newquay Airport should send their staff to a busy regional airport like Bristol to see what smiling efficiency with customer service actually looks like. The absurdly over the top security staff, hopeless cafe staff, the comedy of car hire and parking is a disgrace. The whole point of no frills flying on regional flights is not to waste time airside and yet they still try to close flights early and seperate folks from their relatives over an hour before departure to sit in a glorified shed with scant facilities and then be herded into tiny gate area - utter nonsense.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"involves paying extortionate fees"

This airport seems to be run by a structurally corrupt body. Getting to and from this airport involves paying extortionate fees to a company, licensed by Cornwall County Council. Normal taxis are not allowed on site. Nor can you be dropped of by car by friends or relatives without charge (see other reviews). A company called 'Coastline Travel Cornwall', as they proudly boast are 'Cornwall Airport Newquay's only official taxi provider'. As a legalised monopoly they charge extortionate prices to take passengers to nearby towns. They charge 400% per kilometer than any other taxi service in Europe. This 'taxi' fare to Newquay (5 miles away) is higher than the flight fares charged by Ryanair to Alicante or Frankfurt Hahn. There is an hourly bus service, run by 'First' to Newquay which is advertised at the airport terminal, but in fact it runs at random times, at approximately 2 hr intervals. Disgruntled staff at the airport admit that the bus service seems to be deliberately sabotaged by 'First' as a means to force people to use the monopoly 'Coastline Travel Cornwall'. It would seem that there is a link between the Cornwall Council Officials, 'First' local managers and 'Coastline Travel Cornwall' to extract money from customers trapped at the airport.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"staff were very polite and jovial"

I don't normally leave reviews, but as most of these for Newquay are quite old and not nice, I felt obliged to, as our experience was very pleasurable. The staff were brilliant, very polite and jovial. It is a small airport, so expect small airport facilities. The parking seems a bit limited - I left it late to book and couldn't get a space there. But here's a tip. We parked in Porth up a side street which didn't look like it would upset anybody (as opposed to the parking next to the airport which does) had a lovely day out and an amazing meal in The Mermaid and had a quick bus ride to the airport for £12 for 4 of us. If your timings work out right, that's the way I'd go, as Porth is lovely (it helped it was a beuatiful day). Back to the airport, it's fine, no worries.
Date VisitMay 2016

"bored unhelpful staff"

Dreadful, bored unhelpful staff, toilets a disgrace, security staff possibly the rudest I`ve ever come across, dirty seating area. I found this to be the case here last year, nothing has changed. I travel around most of Europe on business and have to say I have now given up on visiting Cornwall, the train is just as bad. Bit sad really, but its just too much hassle.
Date VisitApril 2016

Newquay Airport customer review

For many years now I have been asking for numerous European destination flights from Newquay airport. France, Italy, Spain, Canary Islands would be a start. Even a weekly flight to the Alps would be good. The airport is furnished with an excellent runway, even a jumbo jet can land there, however, the powers that be still seem to think that they can only fly to destinations in the UK with a couple of flights going further afield. Now they have offered flights to London with a forward journey to other destinations. Why would a family want to disembark, then embark on another plane? We are living in 2015 not the dark ages. Planes can fly non stop a lot further than London. Cornwall is now expanding but sadly the airport isn't. Families still have to travel to Exeter, Bristol, Cardiff or even Gatwick for their holidays. This seems absolutely ludicrous to me considering we have an airport on our doorstep. I still cannot believe that nothing is being done about this.
Date VisitSeptember 2014

(Thailand)

They must have listened. Newquay Cornwall Airport is pleased to announce that as of 18 May 2015, 60 minutes free parking is being introduced to both airport car parks, allowing easy and convenient car park access for those picking up and dropping off passengers.
Date VisitDecember 2014

Newquay Airport customer review

I've just tried to book parking at Newquay. Booking parking at London Gatwick for the duration of my travel is cheaper than at Newquay. If Cornwall Council really want to attract businesses to Cornwall, they must review and drastically reduce the cost of Newquay Airport's parking facilities. In my case, the parking charges are more than 33% of the cost of my flight to Gatwick. I travel to London on business at least twice a month. I take the train more often than not.
Date VisitAugust 2015

Newquay Airport customer review

I'm sorry I refuse to pay to pick up a passenger. I parked in the road and sorry but everyone had to slow down and wait. I've travelled all over the world since January 1949 and I've never been charged to pull into an airport for just one minute to put a suitcase in the boot. This really is disgraceful. I had advised my friend that I would be picking her up in the road and just to make sure she found her way to the barrier. It worked well for us. Oh my friend told me the toilets were a disgrace. Certainly not good for her as she had flown in from Canada.
Queuing Times N/A
Airport Shopping N/A

Newquay Airport customer review

Went once again to Newquay Airport yesterday (18/2) to pick up a family member from an inbound flight. Usual chaos outside in the road with people picking up and delivering passengers due to the despicable parking costs and customer care at the airport. You cannot get anywhere near the airport and forced to pay money. The barriers are on the roadside so you have no option unless you stop in the road covered in yellow lines. And the signage does not give any clear indication of any charges. Listen in Cornwall County Council and Newquay Airport management. You are doing Cornwall a terrible disservice. Businesses will not come to Cornwall. Personally I will not be using the airport again and travel down from another regional airport. I am fed up with the service to put up with it again.

Newquay Airport customer review

I first experienced Newquay airport on 29 November 2014 having arrived on the late flight from Manchester. I was quite impressed with arrival arrangements - it was dark of course! On leaving Cornwall a few days later and checking into Newquay Airport I came to realise what a joke this airport is. Miserable staff jobsworths on security. One member of staff serving coffee in the cafe. Oh and that development fee one has to pay is a disgrace. To the first time visitor to Cornwall it appears as if Cornish people have their caps out begging. I am a business user and will be attending the area on a frequent basis over the next two years or so but I will not be using this Mickey Mouse money grabbing miserable airport. The feedback from many users over a long period of time suggests to me that management fail to respond to feedback. Be warned with a business model and miserable staff you will end up like Blackpool - closed.