Best Cabin Crew

New York JFK Airport

"very passenger friendly airport"

(Italy)

JFK is a very passenger friendly airport. Terminal 1 has been enriched by nice stores, ideal for last minute shopping. The personnel at the Alitalia counters is polite and helpful. The Alitalia lounge is nice, with friendly atmosphere and good selection of snacks and drinks. Embarking procedures are always fast and smooth.
Date VisitJanuary 2016

"could use more outlets on the seats"

I was stuck in B terminal during this January's crazy blizzard. I had a lot of time there since I was stuck at the airport for almost 48 hours. This terminal is pretty good though they could use more outlets on the seats, more comfy seats without bars in the middle and healthier eating options. I can't eat wheat and sugar so all I could eat was salads which gets very tiring after a while. You get free wifi for 30 minutes so at least so that was something positive.

"lack of good wifi"

I flew into JFK with Delta Connection, arriving in terminal 4. The terminal was very clean, and I was able to find my way around due to the clear signage. I had to change terminals to terminal 1 because my connection flight was with Air France. There wasn't any clear signage to about where to go to change terminals, but I had already looked that up beforehand. I took the AirTrainJFK to terminal 1, and had to go through security again, which was a bit taxing. However once I got into the terminal everything was okay. The only problem was a lack of good wifi in the terminal. Also there was only one charging station by the gate for an airplane that seats about 300, so every single socket was taken. However overall I enjoyed my experience at JFK, despite the process of changing terminals. I recommend a secure passenger transportation method to move between the terminals.
Date VisitJanuary 2016

"very little seating overall"

I was at the airport in December for my flight to Mexico via terminal 8. I had a lot of trouble finding seats for my family of 5 even though I arrived at the gate 2 hours before my flight. This is due to having very little seating overall. The food choices are good but they are so expensive. It is relatively clean for the most parts but some bathrooms can get a little dicey. The lines for everything are very long. Takes minimum of 30 minutes to get through check in then add another 30 for security. And that's on a very good day for the airport. (I fly through there a lot and have had to wait for hours before). With the new machines in place, customs lines for US Citizens are very pleasant and short though I can not speak for those of foreign visitors. Staff are very average overall. The wifi is exponentially better than most airports I have flown into. That is a huge bonus for me and the rest of my family. Shopping has a very good selection but it to is very costly and many of the stores swindle you for money every chance they get. Overall it's an average experience traveling through JFK airport.
Date VisitDecember 2015

"nice clean modern terminal"

Nice clean modern terminal (4) with plenty of shops, duty free, restaurants and bars. Nice selection although a lot of designer shops and expensive bars. We found a nice relaxed irish bar and had food in the buffalo wings restaurant. Gate service fine plenty of comfortable leather seats. 30mins free wifi available. Boarded the plane on time but due to late passengers and loosing our slot we departed late. First time i have seen TSA joking and being friendly, usually very stern. A lot of security checks I guess because of recent events but that didnt bother us knowing we felt safer.
Date VisitJanuary 2016

"Queue for bag drop horrendous"

New York JFK airport is an absolute disgrace. Arrived at 5:20pm for our 9:05 flight. Queue for bag drop was horrendous. 1:50 minutes it took us to drop our bags. Only 7 check in staff for over a thousand passengers with 5 flights going out within an hour of each other. Disgraceful.
Date VisitJanuary 2016

"huge border control queues"

Arriving at JFK T7 is like stepping back into the 1970s - it really is a shabby, cramped and generally unpleasant experience, not helped by huge border control queues. The contrast with our departure airport, Heathrow T5, was unfortunate to say the least. On the plus side, on the return trip, the check-in process at T7 was relatively easy, and as the terminal is quite small, walking distances are low. Security was chaotic and staff were pretty rude. After security, food and shopping options air-side were poor, and the loos offer very little privacy. Not impressed.

"cold and uninviting"

First time at JFK in years. Not at all impressed. Virtually no seating in check-in area. While airports are not known for bargains, JFK' price-gouging shops and eateries were obscene. Cold and uninviting. The two bright spots: a very friendly gate agent and remarkably fast and courteous passage through US Customs coming back. Would much prefer to fly in and out of Philadelphia, if only the airlines would stop adding hundreds for the convenience.
Date VisitOctober 2015

"very quick moving"

Arrived at JFK on time and docked straight away, walk to Immigration was was very short, a nice surprise. Actually found a queue-less security booth. We forgot to fill in customs declaration so were pointed to one of the queue marshals who had loads of spares. Filled in form and then went straight through security. Very easy no questions what so ever. Baggage arrived very quickly. Longest wait was 5 minutes for a taxi. Going home Taxi journey from Manhattan was awful rush hour in the rain. Got dropped of at correct check in area and were through to security in minutes. Huge snake like queue so long that I thought we would miss the plane but it was very deceptive. It was very quick moving and 15 minutes later we were airside. Although bit of confusion re my belt and titanium hip although we were all smiling. Looked around duty free got a drink an ambled to out gate. Easy.

"departure a shambles"

Arrival on 17th December into Terminal 4 was good, immigration and customs all swift. Departure was a shambles. We had to wait in a very long line for security for over 20 minutes. I have travelled through JFK Terminal 4 numerous times and never had to wait this long.