Munich Airport

"Slow passport and security checks"

Trip Verified | I was on a transfer flight arriving from Hamburg to travel to Doha and then Sydney, Australia. There was absolute chaos at terminal B for passport and security checks. I asked at the information desk and was told to wait in the line and “fingers crossed you’ll make your flight”. I was well past my boarding time and when I got to the gate the staff member said that I needed to go back in the Economy line (non existent as there was one huge crowd). I said that the information desk told me to wait and that I would miss my flight after waiting for 30 min. He said “I am the boss here and you’re not going in”. It was another staff member who let me in after 5 minutes. Slow passport and security checks combined with a random drug test and I just made my flight. This is the worst airport experience of my life and the worst airport I’ve ever been to. Shame on you!
Date VisitAugust 2018

"fantastic, planespotter-friendly airport"

Not Verified | A great airport. However, when I arrived in Terminal 1 on Aer Lingus, I needed to use the restroom. I searched everywhere, and asked a member of staff, and was told the only toilets were after passport control. Which wouldn't have been a problem, except for the fact there was an extremely long queue at passport control. It was a very uncomfortable 30 minutes, and hopefully nobody else goes through it. However, terminal 2 is extremely neat, well laid out and there is plenty of room. The security only took about two minutes, and there is an observation deck overlooking the ground movements (which I am a fan of). Overall, Munich Airport is a fantastic, planespotter-friendly airport, and I do recommend it.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"1.5 hours at passport control"

(Mauritius)

Not Verified | I arrived at Munich airport 5 weeks ago. I had to wait 1.5 hours at passport control because of the queue. So today I arrived again to catch another flight. Same thing. I've never experienced lines that long in an airport before.

"remove the tramps"

Not Verified | This is a very large airport and while the airport try and be helpful there is too much signage which can be confusing, passengers trying to locate their check in area and departure gate can easily be misled and end up at the wrong location. More effort should be made to control and remove the tramps in this airport, we saw police officers walk pass some of these people and made no effort to interfere, they could easily called airport security to have these people removed.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"constantly change your gate"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | There are always technical issues in this airport. They constantly change your gate and there is very little information. They speak German and barely speak english with anybody. When arriving from Toronto (Canada) we were forced to stay in the airport for many hours waiting for our plane to be ready and all the information was given in German or very poor English. Dirty bathrooms, custom’s electronic machines very badly functioning.

"no lines, no order"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | One of the worst experiences I have had in a while. Upon arrival the line was huge, tight space, no lines, no order. Was like a protest. Poor arival area. Cleanliness below any standards. Not something you expect from a 5* airport. Pure disappointment!

"Rude staff"

Trip Verified | Rude staff. I arrived at the airport very early for my flight and wanted to get something to eat. Tried to ask the man at passport control if there were restaurants past this point or should I go back before going any further. He got angry with me and wouldn’t answer! I went back and tried to ask another man, he asked ‘where are you flying to?’ I answered ‘London’ and he rolled his eyes and said ‘yes but how am I supposed to know what gate you’re going to?!’ I’d answered his question and got told off? Went through passport control and there was just one cafe with overpriced good. If I’d actually had a straight answer from one of these people I would have known to eat before going any further.
Date VisitJune 2018

"rude service"

Not Verified | Terminal 1 is terrible. Long queues for passport control, especially at departure (why do they care so much if one is leaving the country?!) Poor food options, rude service, no power outlets before the secure area. Quite a disappointing contrast to the lovely city of Munich itself. The airport does the city a disservice.
Date VisitMay 2018

"Terminal 1 very poor"

Not Verified | Terminal 1 very poor. Last time I used this airport was from terminal 2 which was wonderful. What a contrast termina1 is. Flight with Qatar from the B lounge. Only toilets 4 flights of stairs down. Only shops - 1 duty free, 1 news agent and 1 fairly poor food option. Only positive is fairly good free wifi, otherwise will avoid this terminal in the future.
Date VisitMay 2018

"Awful service"

Not Verified | Awful service, long lines at Delta check in, no respect for kids. I was flying to Atlanta with an 8 month old baby. No family assistance or priority for babies. Very rude staff (Delta Air Lines staff). I flew from London Gatwick the day before with my baby, the trolley was not even delivered on arrival outside the plane, I had to wait for the trolley to be delivered at baggage claim. I had to wait 40 min. Awful service. Munich airport is one of the worst in Europe.
Date VisitMarch 2018