Munich Airport

"one of the slowest airports I've been to"

Verified Review | Consistently one of the slowest airports I've been to. Passport control had only 1 person for international passports so a short line but still had to wait an hour. Airport layout is also not very handy. No overview of departure gates. Not impressed. Would have expected more from German efficiency.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"Absolutely no delay whatsoever"

Unverified | Departure from terminal 1 to a non Schengen destination. After receiving an email from airline telling us to arrive at airport early because of delays at passport controls we arrived some three hours before the flight. Absolutely no delay whatsoever. After a convoluted walk up and down stairs and along corridors to departure area we finally spent a few hours of boredom in an area with a poor selection of shops and a very expensive café. I would advise anyone wanting to eat before a flight to purchase something in the central area landside not waiting until they are airside. Terminal 1 is a long stretched out building and can entail some very long walks both land and airside. On return to airport a fairly long walk again up and down stairs before a long wait at passport control.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"one of the best airports in Europe"

(Portugal)

Verified Review | Munich Airport is one of the best airports in Europe. Time after time I come to this airport and it all works even for the passengers in economy class. They have electric power, USB connections on the waiting chairs. All is clean, functional modern, it makes you feel well and relax for a few minutes of your life. The shops in any of the terminals are perfectly located, the cash machines, all in the right place. Is not that I don’t try to find imperfections, I fortunately have a critical eye, but there is not that much to find in Munich airport. The train system runs every few minutes, even the passport control officers smile and are happy, to be honest I will be happy also to work in place like this. The public bathroom rooms on the corridors are clean. The train was also very clean, windows, all.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"passport control queue about an hour"

Unverified | I haven't been flying out of MUC for quite some time but it seems they tried to improve things for the worse. We arrived 3 hours before the flight. Checked in business. Got recommended by Emirates ground staff to proceed to Area B for the fast track. Went to area B - got denied entry there and were sent back to C. Did the entire baggage screening and then had to realize that the passport control queue was about an hour long. Staff there didn't know how to handle the situation - no priority lane - nothing organized. The queue area was on the upper floor and air condition didn't seem to work in this area. No proper lane and queue. I was trying to approach a passport officer and asked for help - was rudely stopped and told that he doesn't have time. I went out of the airport again back to the check in area. Back to area B, where we were originally refused entry. Got in now, without any objections. I asked the staff there why we were denied entry before - he couldn't answer. People seem to work with double standard. I complained to the supervisor of the shift to take care of this matter also for future passengers. He took notice of that and admitted this shouldn't have happened.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"brilliant service from the staff"

Verified Review | Munich airport in my personal opinion is the best airport in the world, especially when in transit. Excellent environment, plenty of seating, reclining seats and quiet areas with beds, private rooms, many restaurants, excellent signage, very few delays and brilliant service from the staff. Well done Munich.
Date VisitJanuary 2017

"A very comfortable airport"

(Spain)

Unverified | A very comfortable airport. Very easy to move in. It's very easy to find a seat there. There are several places to have something to eat, a drink, a coffee, working team are very polite and helpful. Is easy to get there from Munich (but it takes long, more than 30 minutes from Central Station, Hbf) by train S1 or S8.
Date VisitJune 2017

"Very few non meat options"

(New Zealand)

Unverified | Very clean apart from the dropped drink that stayed spilt on the floor of the main corridor for the hour I ate in the restaurant being trodded through. Very few non meat options at food outlets, it was like travelling back in time 20 years compared to other counties cuisine wise. Security was high which was reassuring.
Date VisitJune 2017

"turned out to be a disappointment"

Verified Review | After hearing so much about Munich being a 5-star Airport, it turned out to be a disappointment. For transit passengers, there is excessive amount of walking from the aircraft to security. You have to walk quite a distance before you even see a restroom. The security line at Munich was slower than what I experienced at Frankfurt. After clearing security, I proceeded towards the "L" gates (in new Satellite Terminal) for flight to US. This transfer process involved taking a train and going on very long and high escalators. After I arrived at the "L" gates in new Satellite Terminal, I wasn't able to find any fast food restaurants. At the end, I settled for a sandwich at "Sissi & Franz".
Date VisitMarch 2017

"lucky I was in no rush for my flight"

As always my family flew into T2 with Lufthansa and had a good experience. However, I again used T1 as I was flying with BA. The arrival experience was fine apart from slightly slow baggage. The departure though was the normal chaotic experience, check in with BA was ok. However, I noticed what I thought was a long queue at security. I asked the check in lady how long it would take. She said that's nothing compared with earlier and you will only have to queue for 30-45 minutes. By the time I reached the queue it had lenghtened. An airport assistant told us to walk to C security area. However on reaching this it was closed. I was very lucky I was in no rush for my flight as I would have missed it.
Date VisitMarch 2017

"the most time efficient airport"

Verified Review | Munich is my home airport and without a doubt my favourite airport in Europe and one of my favourite airports in the world - talking about Star Alliance terminal T2! The new mid-field terminal has added even more quality to it. On departure I was late and arrived 25 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time at the airport station. From the platform of the station to my actual departure gate, which was K06 in the new midfield terminal, it took exactly 8 minutes - platform-security-train btw terminals-walking to gate. This is probably the most time efficient airport of that size in the world. Plus I like the modern yet elegant design. Free Nespresso machines at gates and magazines are a very nice touch for every traveler. Othe airports should learn and provide similar experiences.