Best Cabin Crew

Munich Airport

"surprised by the terminal cleanliness"

(Poland)

When I arrived at Munich airport I hoped that it would be a good airport due to the fact that it's Lufthansa 2nd main airport. I was in Star Alliance terminal, and I was surprised by the terminal cleanliness and quantity of shops. However, when I tried to connect to the airport wifi I experienced some problems, and the overall speed of the connection was not very good, but I would recommend this airport.

"impeccable cleanliness"

(Italy)

In transit at Munich Airport for 7 hours. I appreciated both the structure of the airport and the services that it offered. Great range of shops and cafes/restaurants, excellent availability of seating and lounge areas, including showers and sleeping rooms in the case of prolonged stops. Impeccable cleanliness, large amount of internet stations and areas for charging electronic devices. Excellent availability of smoking areas with excellent ventilation system.
Date VisitJanuary 2016

"Best Airport in Europe"

Best Airport in Europe! The Lufthansa and Star Alliance Terminal 2 is nice. The staff is very friendly and helpful! The check-in and baggage drop-of at the machine is fast, always available and without waiting time. After the fast security there are free socket-outlets and you can obtain free coffee. The WiFi service is always free.

"be prepared to walk"

Munich Airport Terminal 2. Very nice, amazing Art Deco smoking rooms. Only small issues are that it is so big so be prepared to walk. Security staff could be more cheerful, ok it was a lovely 31 sunny day outside so could understand being inside on such a day is not great. But the terminal was extremely quiet so they should have been grateful for that. The relaxing area however was dirty. But nice to actually see the airport think about passengers in transit. Major delay at the gate, the airline waited incredibly long time for a late disable passengers to arrive who where close to 1 hour late arriving. No update from the staff at all.

"airport was fine"

Had the worst interaction with a passport agent during a connection. I basically was interrogated and the agent acted like I was crazy because I said "we" were traveling (my husband was on a different flight) for holiday. He wanted to know the exact day of me leaving a totally different city from my connecting flight instead of my connecting flight destination info. It was so weird! Someone was sore they had to work on Christmas I guess. Otherwise airport was fine and loved the free coffee.
Date VisitDecember 2015

"seating was abundant and comfortable"

(Spain)

On arriving to MUC luggage arrived very promptly and we managed to find the Strassenbahn Station easily. Things changed when departing for PMI. At first, our flight check-in wasn't on time, when I had to go to the bathroom, I couldn't find any in the area with no signs for toilets. I found one that a 3 minute walk away from check-in. The WC's were a bit dirty, but had paper and soap in abundance, and everything worked correctly. Our flight had a gate assigned much earlier than it would have been at most airports. Passing through security controls was quick, and guards waited for us to pass through before moving our stuff through the scanner. When we arrived at the gate and wanted to have a snack, all restaurants were full, had long queues and very few meals left. The seating was abundant and comfortable, there was a lovely table area with plugs for USB chargers and laptops, that worked perfectly. The bathroom at our gate was strangely located 4 floors under the gate, and had to climb down lots of stairs to get there. I used the airport free WiFi access which was very fast and lasted the whole day. The buildings were modern, clean, sunlighted, but a bit aseptic for my taste. Overall, a really nice airport, though it could improve a bit with signage and food.
Date VisitDecember 2015

"low staffing levels"

The queue for passport control and security is ridiculous. Give yourself at least an extra hour. German organization at its worst. There is no room between the passport control and security so queues are created quickly. Low staffing levels in both areas and only opened one extra security line after an hour. Worst airport I have been to. Avoid if at all possible.
Date VisitOctober 2015

"almost missed our flight"

We were connecting through Munich when coming home from Italy and we almost missed our flight. We had about an hour and a half layover and most of it was spent in a bus, in lines, and running through terminals. We landed in one of the out-door gates where we had to take a bus to get to the international terminal. I know it's a big airport but it seemed like the bus ride took far too long. Once we finally arrived at the terminal, we realized this wasn't even where our plane was. We followed to signs and began running to where they said our gate was. Finally we arrived at a massive room where there were several tremendously long passport check lines. We asked an employee which line we were supposed to get in and he pointed at one and began yelling at us in German. We rushed to the line and waited. Finally we made it past the passport check and ran to our gate. I still do like the airport, however this experience did make the like it a bit less. I still do reccomend it.
Date VisitJuly 2015

"you've got all you need in one place"

This airpot is one of the best in world for me. Terminal 1 is a bit old but it's clean, you have a lot of space to spend some time and a lot of restaurants. Terminal 2 is the best terminal I have seen. It's perfect to spend some time (in the summer you can surf in the middle) or for having lunch or dinner. It's clean, the staff are very helpful and you've got all you need in one place. In my opinion the only thing that's not perfect is the waiting time. Sometimes there are only 3-4 security check-ins open. If you are in hurry you can also go through the business Check-In.
Date VisitSeptember 2015

"the staff are helpful"

(Slovakia)

I was quite worried about my transfer in Munich as I had never experienced this airport before, but I was more than relieved. You can't get lost and the staff are helpful. I recommend it as it is not that busy and you have plenty of time before your departure. My transfer time was an hour and ten mins and this was more than enough time. The other story was queuing, the gate was opened 30 minutes after it was supposed to.