Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport

"entrance to gate more than mile"

Trip Verified | SU104 Moscow to Washington. Way from entrance to gate more than mile. To find this way is not easy. To find business lounge practically impossible. It is not a joke: entrance - terminal D, flight gate - terminal F. No seats at business lounge (like NY metro rush hour). Meal and wine - keep away.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"there are still several problems"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | The airport has made really huge progress since my first visit in early 2000's, but there are still several problems that should be solved. First, taxi. It is a shame on Sheremetyevo that they still let all these taxi "mafia" jump on arriving passengers to propose them unfair prices. There must be an organized line, like at many other world airports. Secondly, its hell on car entrance/exit to terminal "D". I still do not understand how it happens that you need to spend 20-30 min. on leaving the terminal to leave the airport. The airport should do something with that. Thirdly, there are not enough places to sit and wait for the flight. I have a feeling that the airport is trying to use every available centimeter for shops and other commercial services, forgetting about passengers basic needs, like seating. In my opinion this problem is especially remarkable in terminal "F". And finally, I believe that in terminal "F" arriving area there are not enough car lanes available. The airport blocks first lanes for taxi "mafia" (see above) and public transport. As a result these lanes are always free, when other lanes are overloaded by cars. Big traffic turns it into hell.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"As for the lines, expect chaos"

Verified Review | This airport has lots of shops, restaurants (including Burger King and TGIF) and cafes to pass the time. My husband and I stayed mainly at the V Capsule hotel in Terminal E which was attached to terminals D and F which was convenient since our flight out was in D. We didn't venture out of the airport as a visa is required of US citizens and unless you hire a tour company I'm not sure how easy would it be to get around especially their signs are in Cyrillic letters. There are varying amounts of people in the waiting areas. My suggestion is to find an empty waiting area to hangout at then 30 min before your flight, ask information if your flight is still at the termimal listed on your ticket as these change sometimes, and head there. As for the lines, expect chaos, there are no sectional boarding arrangements.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"a terrible experience was waiting"

Verified Review | We a family of three decided to spend some leisure time in Russia. We landed at Sheremetyevo airport in the early morning. We enjoyed the Aeroflot flight experience and their hospitality. The crew could speak and understand English well so it was good so far. But a terrible experience was waiting to happen at passport control that we were totally unaware of. The signage in English is minimal, still we could reach there easily following the others. There were long queues at only 3 functional units for international passengers. We were waiting for our turn then a moderator came and asked us to follow him to other functional counter where I could read that it's for Russians only but the man gave us gesture that it's OK and we can proceed. As it happens mostly at all airports to control crowd so we felt OK with that. As I stepped in with my passport I was welcomed with such an angry look by a lady sitting there as if I was someone travelling without a ticket. In her difficult English language she said "only Russians". When I looked at the moderator through the glass panel showing my dismay, he stepped in and said something in Russian then she said OK but only one. I handed over my passport and she printed the immigration slip, I could see the printing was not perfect and I walked to the other side. As my wife and daughter were still waiting, I thought of making a request to the same lady to complete the formalities for them too. The moment I said that she gave me such a stern look and asked me to hand over my passport and slip back to her as if she was confiscating it. I gave back and asked if there is anything wrong, she printed another slip and then gave it back to me. I had to wait for another 20 minutes for my wife and daughter to join me on the other side. A simple smile and pleasant gesture raises the spirit of visitors to an otherwise beautiful and culture rich country. Don't let it be spoilt at the first experience.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"exchange rates are unfair"

(Israel)

Verified Review | In Sheremetyevo airport there are plenty of little "Express Exchange" kiosks which look very official and professional. But sometimes their exchange rates are unfair. When I travelled back from India through Moscow I wanted to get rid of my remaining Rupees. I still had 5,630 Rupees which at the time equaled 88 $ (mid-market rate). I ended up getting only 844 Roubles which equaled 14 US. That's a loss of 84%. I just could not imagine that the exchange rate would be so low and ended up paying for my naïveté.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"terrible signs"

(Norway)

Unverified | Arrived completely clueless, terrible signs that leads you into walking around or through unessecary places, airport staff only know basic English. Luckily I befriended a girl who spoke Russian on my flight so she helped me find my next one. Extremely narrow hallways, and the other reviews about few seatings were all real, I didn't believe it until I saw it myself half an hour ago. Toilet smells a lot and some were out of order. Staff were efficient enough that I didn't have to stay there too long.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"one of the worst airports I have visited"

Verified Review | This is one of the worst airports I have visited. Stay away! The customer service is is extremely poor, so is the level of English spoken at customer service. Do not expect to get any help, you are on your own. I saw customer service representatives standing up and walking away in the middle of a conversation with the customer. Aeroflot itself is not bad, pretty reasonable as far as the services goes.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"the service at this airport is rude"

Verified Review | I've been to over a dozen different airports - and I can categorically say the service at this airport is rude. The Aeroflot staff were ok, but staff at the restaurants and fast food chains were just plain rude. They ignored customers as soon as they realised they couldn't speak Russian. The whole airport was also far too cramped - the walkways are just too narrow, along with the shops.

"couldn't find seat"

(Denmark)

Verified Review | When I have arrived to Moscow Sheremetyevo to the transfer zone in the terminal E was everything nice. Then I went to the terminal F for my flight to China. It's amazing that there is so many duty free stores and not so many seats for waiting passengers. I couldn't find seat even in the bar there. The rest of services-security and boarding were done fine and fast so this is ok. Though Moscow should increase the speed of new build terminal. Terminal D I saw on my trip back. Spacious and nice but limited restaurants unfortunately.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"A very chaotic airport"

(Philippines)

Verified Review | A very chaotic airport. If you have to transfer from Terminal F to Terminal D you have to be ready for a long walk with your carry-on baggage for 2o minutes or so. If you are just transiting you have to go through passport control where you have to que in a verly long line. I only have 1 hour and 45 minutes to connect to my next flight but since my flight was delayed, it was already boarding by the time I arrived at the gate. Good thing my luggage was not left behind. In Terminal F, no ample seats are provided to passengers waiting for their flight as the terminal is full of duty-free shops and stores. Very inconvenient to stand while waitring for your flight. If you have to connect to this airport, make sure the connecting time is 2 hours or less otherwise you will have to bear the onconvenience of standing while waiting for your flight.
Date VisitJune 2017