Best Cabin Crew

Montego Bay Airport

"fastest transit of security"

We boarded TOM 045 on 1st Feb 2016 for travel to London Gatwick on Thomson Airways. The aircraft was pulled back at 5pm and then we sat for 40 minutes, before starting the engines. The captain explained that Air Traffic Control had imposed a 10 minute separation between each flight departure. I think this must have been some sort of industrial action. Not impressed. However we did have the fastest transit of security we've ever had.
Date VisitFebruary 2016

Montego Bay Airport customer review

I've been to Jamaica a couple times and had to experience this airport. Sadly it is never a good time. Make sure all your suitcases are locked up, but even then somehow the airport found a way to totally demolish our bag. The seams were ripped open all the way around the bag and was not usable. This happened on arrival and when we went to depart we packed everything in a bag into the broken bag and attempted to reuse it. The worst thing about this was dealing with the employees at the airport. They gave us a 30 dollar credit for completely ruining our bag. And it was not 30 to go towards fixng the bag. It was a travel credit. Won't be going back for a while and if we did we would pay extra to go to the other airport.
Date VisitAugust 2015

Montego Bay Airport customer review

With extremely low expectations, my wife and I were pleasantly surprised by Sangster Int'l. On arrival, we were shepherded to the bank of check-in kiosks by friendly staff. The process was pretty simple and we were through within 30mins. We didn't check bags so cannot comment on baggage delivery. The arrivals hall is a little chaotic, but we easily found our vacation rep and the bus waiting right outside. They even have a bar at kerbside with a welcome Red Stripe or six. Departure was easy again. We checked in at auto kiosks and endured a standard xray line. We were then very happily surprised by the array of duty free shops, food options and bar options in the departures area. It was a busy time (Sunday afternoon) and some of the gates seemed to be packed, but we easily found space for a meal and to wait for our flight. Duty free had a great selection of booze, especially cheap local rum and a range of Milka Chocolate that is impossible to get in Canada!
Date VisitJune 2015
Wifi Connectivity N/A

Montego Bay Airport customer review

Jamaica as a country is not near as developed as the US most western European nations or even Canada. That being said it would be impossible to expect a gleaming facility. The wait times although not ideal weren't that bad and the people I dealt with were fairly pleasant. Plenty of food and beverage as well as shopping. I'll be back.

Montego Bay Airport customer review

Coming into Montego Bay no real problem. But leaving was a mess all of the metal detectors were beeping and nobody in security cared they just kept saying keep moving. The X-ray machine for our carry on items was unattended my wife and I had three items - nobody checked anything.

Montego Bay Airport customer review

Okay except for: 1) Customs 2) TSA equivalent. Custom agents are rude. I think they don't realize that the customer is the person bringing money to spend in Jamaica. I guess they don't want people to come back (or they just hate their job). I have traveled to many international ports and this was absolutely the worst! TSA Equivalents were equally rude and yelling at us if we did anything they didn't like. One lady forgot to take her shoes off and she was berated by the staff. I was trying to get myself put back together after going through and they yelled at me to just grab my stuff and get out of the way. These people are not nice or professional. This makes me think twice about going back.

Montego Bay Airport customer review

Security officers were rude to my husband because he had 2 lighters they took one. Airport especially restrooms are dirty went to smoking lounge and was made to buy a drink in order to sit in there.

Montego Bay Airport customer review

Having arrived from ATL we walked through several corridors. Then a Delta representative checked our immigration papers. When we finally got to immigration we were told that we would have to redo our papers because the Delta representative tore them. This took about 1 min. Fortunately the line had become shorter by then. Jamaican customs and agriculture was very efficient. After this a uniformed Delta representative was waiting for our party. On the way back the check in kiosks kept freezing so we had to get our boarding passes from the check in counters. We waited for 49 min in the line (only 3 counters were available). Terrible check in experience. One member of our party who was in a wheel chair had to wait for 20 min (sky priority line!). Security was very quick. Lots of restaurants in the main terminal. The airports Wi-Fi was rather slow however our gate was next to the Air Margaritaville restaurant which had very fast Wi-Fi.

Montego Bay Airport customer review

Arrived at 3.30pm on Saturday. This is the busy time of the day so the wait for passport control was nearly 1.5 hours. Once through all okay. I suggest that if you have a choice try to book a flight that comes in after about 5.00pm.

Montego Bay Airport customer review

Disgraceful lines at immigration. Took over 2 hours to get through. Then greeted by unwelcoming and suspicious immigration officers. Then a shambles at the luggage carousel. All bags had been removed and piled in a corner. Then to cap it all a long line at "nothing to declare" with very unfriendly customs officers. The whole dreadful experience took over 3 hours from touchdown after a 10 hour transatlantic flight. Avoid this airport at all costs.