Montego Bay Airport

Review by (Canada) 18th June 2015

With extremely low expectations, my wife and I were pleasantly surprised by Sangster Int'l. On arrival, we were shepherded to the bank of check-in kiosks by friendly staff. The process was pretty simple and we were through within 30mins. We didn't check bags so cannot comment on baggage delivery. The arrivals hall is a little chaotic, but we easily found our vacation rep and the bus waiting right outside. They even have a bar at kerbside with a welcome Red Stripe or six. Departure was easy again. We checked in at auto kiosks and endured a standard xray line. We were then very happily surprised by the array of duty free shops, food options and bar options in the departures area. It was a busy time (Sunday afternoon) and some of the gates seemed to be packed, but we easily found space for a meal and to wait for our flight. Duty free had a great selection of booze, especially cheap local rum and a range of Milka Chocolate that is impossible to get in Canada!
Date Visit18-06-2015
Wifi Connectivity N/A

Review by (United States) 14th April 2014

Jamaica as a country is not near as developed as the US most western European nations or even Canada. That being said it would be impossible to expect a gleaming facility. The wait times although not ideal weren't that bad and the people I dealt with were fairly pleasant. Plenty of food and beverage as well as shopping. I'll be back.

Review by (United States) 21st February 2014

Coming into Montego Bay no real problem. But leaving was a mess all of the metal detectors were beeping and nobody in security cared they just kept saying keep moving. The X-ray machine for our carry on items was unattended my wife and I had three items - nobody checked anything.

Review by (United States) 7th August 2013

Okay except for: 1) Customs 2) TSA equivalent. Custom agents are rude. I think they don't realize that the customer is the person bringing money to spend in Jamaica. I guess they don't want people to come back (or they just hate their job). I have traveled to many international ports and this was absolutely the worst! TSA Equivalents were equally rude and yelling at us if we did anything they didn't like. One lady forgot to take her shoes off and she was berated by the staff. I was trying to get myself put back together after going through and they yelled at me to just grab my stuff and get out of the way. These people are not nice or professional. This makes me think twice about going back.

Review by (United States) 26th May 2013

Security officers were rude to my husband because he had 2 lighters they took one. Airport especially restrooms are dirty went to smoking lounge and was made to buy a drink in order to sit in there.

Review by (United States) 2nd January 2013

Having arrived from ATL we walked through several corridors. Then a Delta representative checked our immigration papers. When we finally got to immigration we were told that we would have to redo our papers because the Delta representative tore them. This took about 1 min. Fortunately the line had become shorter by then. Jamaican customs and agriculture was very efficient. After this a uniformed Delta representative was waiting for our party. On the way back the check in kiosks kept freezing so we had to get our boarding passes from the check in counters. We waited for 49 min in the line (only 3 counters were available). Terrible check in experience. One member of our party who was in a wheel chair had to wait for 20 min (sky priority line!). Security was very quick. Lots of restaurants in the main terminal. The airports Wi-Fi was rather slow however our gate was next to the Air Margaritaville restaurant which had very fast Wi-Fi.

Review by (United Kingdom) 25th February 2011

Arrived at 3.30pm on Saturday. This is the busy time of the day so the wait for passport control was nearly 1.5 hours. Once through all okay. I suggest that if you have a choice try to book a flight that comes in after about 5.00pm.

Review by (United Kingdom) 8th September 2010

Disgraceful lines at immigration. Took over 2 hours to get through. Then greeted by unwelcoming and suspicious immigration officers. Then a shambles at the luggage carousel. All bags had been removed and piled in a corner. Then to cap it all a long line at "nothing to declare" with very unfriendly customs officers. The whole dreadful experience took over 3 hours from touchdown after a 10 hour transatlantic flight. Avoid this airport at all costs.

Review by (United States) 18th March 2010

Upon arrival you are directed to immigration where lines were painfully long (40mins) even though 20+ podiums were open. Once we cleared that you go to pick up your bags were it was another mess and the screens showing which carousel your bags should be on was incorrect. We were then directed by one of the staff to the correct carousel; at this point you have to search for your bags on the floor as they were all taken of the carousel. From this point on it was fairly fast as customs was a breeze. All in all airport is nice clean and has lots of shopping options. Just be prepared for the lines.

Review by 9th February 2010

Arrival was very good with no queues at immigration. Luggage arrived quickly. Customs no problem. Good experience. Outside the terminal can be a bit intimidating especially if you do not know where you are going. Departure quite slow. Lots of security post Xmas Day incident. Bags searched at least twice. Boarding the Virgin Flight reminded me of my rugby days. Facilities airside OK good nachos and Red Strip on tap so was quite happy! Could see some issues if there are several arrivals at the same time but its Montego Bay so stay cool.