Top 100 Airports

Minneapolis St Paul Airport

"appalled at the attitude"

The TSA staff and organization of this airport is horrible. I walked in on the side nearest the terminal I would be going to (South Checkpoint). After winding through about 3 rows of people, a security agent came over and redirected about 30 people to walk to the other side of the airport (North Checkpoint) because there was 'no wait' for security there. My husband was traveling with his service dog and was one of the passengers redirected to the other security line. The staff member tried to close the opening for redirected passengers behind my husband and in front of me. I said, "Wait, that's my husband with the service dog that you just redirected." She replied (with a condescending tone), "Well then you better go keep up with him." After waiting in line just as long at the North Checkpoint, the TSA staff checked my husband's ticket and license and sent him through to the metal detector staff. Then, a passenger in a wheelchair appeared in the lane next to me. The TSA staff in front of me indicated that I should wait while the first person in the wheelchair lane was serviced. I waited. After that wheelchair passenger was through, another one came up in the lane next to me. The TSA staff waved that wheelchair passenger to come forward. Then, the TSA staff asked the person standing behind that wheelchair passenger if they were together. This person responded, "Yes" and also went forward. I finally walked up to the TSA staff. When he indicated that I should have waited for his signal to walk up, I said, "My husband is the man with the service dog who is already all the way through security and waiting on the other side. I'm not waiting any longer." I got a dirty look from both him and the next wheelchair passenger in the other lane. I was absolutely appalled at the attitude and disregard for courtesy that these TSA agents had for it's Minneapolis passengers. After getting through security, I encountered a passenger who had entered through security at the South Checkpoint and was walking across to the other end because they were leaving through terminal C. Whereas my husband, service dog, and I were walking from the North Checkpoint to the other end at terminal G. The absolute disorganization of this airport, security checkpoints and it's staff make it the worst airport I have had to travel through.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"he became very agitated"

I was traveling with my husband and sister, both have had knee replacements, and my husband needs additional surgery. I also have bad knees. This is the first airport that we have encountered an airport that does not have a special services lane for wheelchairs. One of the staff members pushing our chairs was complaining that he needed to get off work. We noticed an older lady sitting in a wheelchair that needed to be pushed onto the plane. The airline agent asked a young man pushing an empty chair if he would do it and he became very agitated and did not want to do it. I was shocked. We probably will not be coming through the Minneapolis again if we can help it.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"a terrible design"

In the last 3 months I have used this airport several times. Each time is not an ideal travel experience. However, this morning was the worst. I'm not sure if it is the responsibility of the airport or TSA, but there is no reason to have people waiting to get through security for an hour or more, especially when all of the scanners aren't operational. Sure that equipment was very expensive, but if it's not staffed there is no reason to have it. It's sad when getting to the airport more than the recommended 90 minutes early leaves one running through the terminal hoping they hold the door. Also there are seemingly no restrooms between the E terminal and the security checkpoint, which seems like a terrible design.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"well-organized but sprawling"

The Lindbergh terminal at Minneapolis St Paul airport is well-organized but sprawling. Distances between gates can be considerable, so be sure to allow at least 60 minutes between flights if you're connecting. Arrivals and departures are handled pretty well, although the terminal's sprawl can lead to some confusion. Check-in is pretty easy, but TSA lines can be very long unless you have TSA Pre-Check. Once inside the main concourse, there is a very good selection of shops and decent restaurants and even a live pianist or harpist at peak hours. A train service runs along gates in Concourse C, but you'll be walking long distances anywhere else. Baggage claim is pretty straightforward and easy, but distances to the garage and rental car center involve a short train ride and some walking.
Date VisitMay 2016

"rude and very unfriendly"

We arrived 90 minutes late and had a connecting flight to catch with a very short connection time. Our flight was international so we needed to go through customs first. No attempt was made to let the people with connections go first off plane as I have witnessed before. Once we made it through customs the women in the security line checking carry on bags back in to for our connection were extremely rude and very unfriendly.
Date VisitFebruary 2016

"friendly, clean, spacious"

My favorite airport. It's friendly, clean, spacious, and efficient. The distances can be long but there are golf carts readily available if you want / need them. If you have the time, it's a lovely walk through spacious corridors (and you won't be dodging people and getting elbowed). There is a 'cut-across' corridor between the High G gates and the middle C gates. All the commuter flights use jet bridges so you won’t be exposed to the elements. There is great dining and shopping in the mall area and free wifi throughout. Charging stations, work areas, and upholstered chairs are generously sprinkled throughout the terminal. It is accommodating and comfortable and friendly.
Date VisitJanuary 2016

Minneapolis St Paul Airport customer review

I was quite impressed with the number of shops and restaurants in the airport where we went. We had a connection from domestic to international flights and I felt very comfortable and welcomed at the airport. Though it may be a long walk and tiring due to a lack of walkways, the airport mall actually made me thought I was in an actual mall, and felt quite nice. at the international gate for Delta, they give you free usage of their iPads to use and it feels as if you are in a lounge. Great experience throughout the transit. But off course, things were a little pricey when it comes to food.
Date VisitJune 2015

Minneapolis St Paul Airport customer review

What a friendly airport! Due to a missed connection I was delayed here but I found the staff more than helpful and friendly the free use of ipads handy and on the whole easy to find my way about. I found it a clean and pleasant place and would certainly use again.

Minneapolis St Paul Airport customer review

As mentioned earlier this is a poor airport to arrive from an international location and try to make a domestic connection. We had 2.5 hours and barely made our connection. Problems are long queues at immigration (common at many airports nowadays) only one security checkpoint open for departures long waits for rail connecting the terminals etc. The domestic airport looks quite nice but had no time to check it out as we were running. Figure at least 3-3.5 hours for a connecting flight from this airport (int'l to domestic).

(Japan)

Connecting domestically to an international flight on Delta as it is a major for them. Not impressed! As I exited my gate I entered directly into a restaurant which is very disorienting and seems to be their design strategy now. Many of the gates are not just gates with waiting areas rather restaurants shops and other facilities. When departing the gate area for the international flights around gate G4 were packed with people and rather claustrophobic and there was nowhere to sit unless you wanted to be in one of the restaurants. This particular day the outside temperatures were close to 100 F and it was hot in the terminal. Also the distance between gates can be quite far. There are some good concessions as there are plenty of them but the airport has low ceilings feels old and tatty and could use a big makeover. As I can choose many Delta hubs in the US to get to and from Narita I will not choose this one again.