Minneapolis St Paul Airport

"it is absolutely abysmal"

Trip Verified | I don’t know who designed the layout of this airport but it is absolutely abysmal! There is little to nothing about it’s design that makes navigating this place convenient at all. That being said the airport was much cleaner than others I’ve been to and the restraunts were all very nice. I’m surprised with such a large remodel and billions of dollars invested that this is all they came up with.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"lack of humanity experienced"

Not Verified | While technology and design are key components of current air travel, the lack of humanity experienced across the board-from baggage check to restaurant / vending has left me frustrated. Staff on their phones, poor food, and no one to speak with. No descript pricing. Not good.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"shame passenger pick up is not non-smoking"

Unverified | It is a complete shame that baggage claim and passenger pick up is not non-smoking. Everybody comes out and lights their cigarette up right outside the doors which makes all non-smokers have to breathe in the smoke. It's terrible. Non-smokers should not be forced to breathe in the smoke.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"huge sprawling, spacious airport"

Huge sprawling, spacious airport with a train to connect the terminals and long stretches that have moving sidewalks. The eating and shopping options are extensive and varied. The wi-fi service is good. Although we had to spend several hours in transit because of airplane problems, we found the place engaging. If the arrival gate and departure gate are not close together then you are in for a long hike - so give ample time for connecting. If you are new to the airport, it takes a bit to figure out the layout of the place - may be too big for ease of use. Airport personnel were friendly and helpful.
Date VisitDecember 2016

"contrary to website everything closed"

Left Las Vegas at 410 pm and arrive in Minneapolis after a 2.5hr flight. Not one place to eat, drink or get a newspaper open after 9pm. Contrary to website everything closed. Absolutely not acceptable when there are hundreds of passengers waiting to board for flights. Agent at gate sent me in 3 different direction and areas but everything closed? Gate agent had no idea of food service or times of operations.
Date VisitDecember 2016

"very modern and clean"

Very neat, very well kept. I have been to Orlando, Cincinnati, La Guardia, St Louis, and Chicago Midway recently and this is by far the best and the nicest (although many parts of Orlando are very nice). Very modern and clean. Not hard to get around. Can be a long walk between gates, but not too bad.
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"appalled at the attitude"

The TSA staff and organization of this airport is horrible. I walked in on the side nearest the terminal I would be going to (South Checkpoint). After winding through about 3 rows of people, a security agent came over and redirected about 30 people to walk to the other side of the airport (North Checkpoint) because there was 'no wait' for security there. My husband was traveling with his service dog and was one of the passengers redirected to the other security line. The staff member tried to close the opening for redirected passengers behind my husband and in front of me. I said, "Wait, that's my husband with the service dog that you just redirected." She replied (with a condescending tone), "Well then you better go keep up with him." After waiting in line just as long at the North Checkpoint, the TSA staff checked my husband's ticket and license and sent him through to the metal detector staff. Then, a passenger in a wheelchair appeared in the lane next to me. The TSA staff in front of me indicated that I should wait while the first person in the wheelchair lane was serviced. I waited. After that wheelchair passenger was through, another one came up in the lane next to me. The TSA staff waved that wheelchair passenger to come forward. Then, the TSA staff asked the person standing behind that wheelchair passenger if they were together. This person responded, "Yes" and also went forward. I finally walked up to the TSA staff. When he indicated that I should have waited for his signal to walk up, I said, "My husband is the man with the service dog who is already all the way through security and waiting on the other side. I'm not waiting any longer." I got a dirty look from both him and the next wheelchair passenger in the other lane. I was absolutely appalled at the attitude and disregard for courtesy that these TSA agents had for it's Minneapolis passengers. After getting through security, I encountered a passenger who had entered through security at the South Checkpoint and was walking across to the other end because they were leaving through terminal C. Whereas my husband, service dog, and I were walking from the North Checkpoint to the other end at terminal G. The absolute disorganization of this airport, security checkpoints and it's staff make it the worst airport I have had to travel through.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"he became very agitated"

I was traveling with my husband and sister, both have had knee replacements, and my husband needs additional surgery. I also have bad knees. This is the first airport that we have encountered an airport that does not have a special services lane for wheelchairs. One of the staff members pushing our chairs was complaining that he needed to get off work. We noticed an older lady sitting in a wheelchair that needed to be pushed onto the plane. The airline agent asked a young man pushing an empty chair if he would do it and he became very agitated and did not want to do it. I was shocked. We probably will not be coming through the Minneapolis again if we can help it.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"a terrible design"

In the last 3 months I have used this airport several times. Each time is not an ideal travel experience. However, this morning was the worst. I'm not sure if it is the responsibility of the airport or TSA, but there is no reason to have people waiting to get through security for an hour or more, especially when all of the scanners aren't operational. Sure that equipment was very expensive, but if it's not staffed there is no reason to have it. It's sad when getting to the airport more than the recommended 90 minutes early leaves one running through the terminal hoping they hold the door. Also there are seemingly no restrooms between the E terminal and the security checkpoint, which seems like a terrible design.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"well-organized but sprawling"

The Lindbergh terminal at Minneapolis St Paul airport is well-organized but sprawling. Distances between gates can be considerable, so be sure to allow at least 60 minutes between flights if you're connecting. Arrivals and departures are handled pretty well, although the terminal's sprawl can lead to some confusion. Check-in is pretty easy, but TSA lines can be very long unless you have TSA Pre-Check. Once inside the main concourse, there is a very good selection of shops and decent restaurants and even a live pianist or harpist at peak hours. A train service runs along gates in Concourse C, but you'll be walking long distances anywhere else. Baggage claim is pretty straightforward and easy, but distances to the garage and rental car center involve a short train ride and some walking.
Date VisitMay 2016