Milwaukee Airport

Review by (United States) 26th July 2015

Big enough to serve all of your needs yet small enough and easy enough to get in and out of. What a contrast when compared to Kansas City and Atlanta where my journey originated. They have a children's play area, great local restaurants, beers, coffee etc. It is about the same airfare to fly into Milwaukee often times as it is to fly into Chicago with a lot less hassle.
Date Visit25-07-2015

Review by (United States) 5th February 2014

Loved flying into Milwaukee. We flew in from DC with AirTran to attend our daughters naval bootcamp graduation and what an excellent airport. It was a short 40 minute drive to North Chicago. We even loved the enterprise rental car pick-up/drop-off. I highly recommend this airport.

Review by (United States) 27th November 2013

General Mitchell is a breath of a fresh air. It's clean friendly and efficient. There's actually a classy little used book store and a museum full of model planes and blimps and whatnot. If you get lost it is your fault my friend. The whole place is like one of the models in the museum - accurate well labeled and miniature. Everything is right in front of you. There's an Amtrak station a block away - 90 minutes and $24 to get to Union Station in Chicago is hard to beat. This airport is tiny but it's the easiest one I've ever dealt with.

Review by (United States) 13th February 2012

This is possibly one of the nicest airports I've flown through. Staff were amiable the terminals were clean and well-maintained and everything was well-marked. Security was a breeze and the baggage claim system is both swift and efficient compared to other airports.

Review by (United States) 29th December 2011

One of my favorite airports to make a connection through. I've flown through MKE maybe 30 times or so and never have had to wait in a line to go through security. There is also a very nice bookstore decent food options nice play areas for kids and an aviation museum. The airport is also fairly stress free for making connections.

Review by (United States) 7th January 2011

I had a 3-hour connection here I thought I'd be bored to death-- but a great used bookstore and air museum within the terminal. There was someone playing Christmas music on a piano good ambiance. All three of these are very unique and made the stay pleasant. Certainly a hell of a lot better than connecting through say O'Hare! Concourses have a higher-than-average amount of waiting space and I found them quieter than the normal airport.

Review by (United States) 30th October 2010

Milwaukee is a great airport - unfortunately I won't be flying through it anymore since Republic/Frontier purchased Midwest and I refuse to fly with Republic/Frontier. That said MKE is compact but all the corridors and seating areas are spacious. A good choice of restaurants and shops; the used bookstore is great! Enjoy a Usinger's sausage if you're hungry. I don't like the ubiquitous loud TVs that you can't escape from. No peace!

Review by 19th February 2010

I’ve flown through a few times and found it works very well. Baggage has always arrived very quickly and rental cars are close to the terminal. On one occasion I was able to get off the plane get my baggage rent a car and get checked in at an airport hotel all within thirty minutes. Outbound Milwaukee is similarly straightforward - I experienced minimal line-ups to check in and only a few minutes wait for security. The departure areas are nothing special but there's plenty of comfortable seating while you wait and reasonable concessions to purchase food drinks or reading material. MKE gains some points in my book by also including a small museum that deals with the history of the airport and aviation in Milwaukee a nice touch that other airports should consider. MKE is further proof that it's far less stressful and time consuming to fly in and out of medium sized airports than mega airports.

Review by 29th July 2006

Very modern. The Midwest concourse was going under renovations when I was there. The walk from the check-in desk to the gate was a little long. Lots of stores though.