Top 100 Airlines

Miami Airport

"queues everywhere"

Verified Review | Miami is a truly awful airport. Queues everywhere just to get to another queue. After 1 hour being aimlessly shuffled along, they finally opened more auto passport machines, which then proceeded to give at least half of trackers a big 'X' on their dockets, which meant another 45 mins to have photo and fingerprints dive again, thus time manually. I have arrived into the US at Orlando, JFK, La Guardia, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Honolulu, LA, Seattle, Vegas and Miami is by far the worst experience I have had. Totally incompetent management and processes. Avoid if at all possible.

"queues everywhere"

Miami is a truly awful airport. Queues everywhere just to get to another queue. After 1 hour being aimlessly shuffled along, they finally opened more auto passport machines, which then proceeded to give at least half of trackers a big 'X' on their dockets, which meant another 45 mins to have photo and fingerprints done again. I have arrived into the US at Orlando, JFK, La Guardia, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Honolulu, LA, Seattle, Vegas and Miami is by far the worst experience I have had. Totally incompetent management and processes. Avoid if at all possible.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"the most unpleasant airport"

Miami international airport is without a doubt the most unpleasant airport I have ever had the displeasure to travel too. Upon arrival all staff were extremely aggressive, unpleasant and unhelpful. We were made to wait in immigration for over 2 hours in a slow inefficient queue. As well as the stifling heat the general attitude of the staff made it awful. In my 5 years of flying in and out of Miami I am yet to take a flight that isn't delayed. I now go out of my way to fly in and out of Fort Lauderdale as I find the experience much more satisfactory.

"staff were useless"

Despite having an ESTA, the machines were sealed off and I was herded in to a queue for immigration. I then found out this was a queue to join the queue for immigration. I queued for 1 hour and 45 minutes, all the while standing. There were old people and children stuck there. God help you if you didn't bring water, and you'd be in trouble if you needed the toilet. Staff were useless, as they could explain why I wasn't allowed to use the supposed faster queue for ESTA holders. I missed my connecting flight. I would never again fly via Miami. Even Manila, while a joke in itself, went more smoothly.
Date VisitOctober 2015

"cleared through security speedily"

Found previous reviews positively terrifying about the airport, particularly immigration. We found (arriving on a flight from London) that with a speedy exit off plane you can be out at the taxi rank in 45 minutes. This includes the APC machines and the baggage collection. Staff not very friendly but I wasn't looking to make life long buddies, just get cleared through security speedily - which we did.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"a lesson on incompetence"

My wife and I live close to Miami. We split our time between the USA and Europe. So, with immense regret, we have to deal with Miami International on a regular basis. Airports are never fun. And we certainly have had to deal with many of them year over year. Miami can only be described as the absolute pits. On a scale of 1 to 10, relative to probably over a 100 airports we've used over the years, Miami would rate a 1 with the next worst being a 5. The issue is international flights are split between 2 terminals, making connections a total pain. I have no idea how Miami International could score so poorly in every respect. Every facet of the airport's operations is nothing more than a lesson on incompetence. As a retired senior executive, I cannot imagine how any management group can be so consistent in staffing an operation with utterly incompetent staff with complete disregard and contempt for their fellow man. It's not an issue of poor customer service. It's more like going out of their way to staff the airport with malcontents.
Date VisitJune 2016

"customer service lacked"

Miami Airport was disappointing. While queues were not bad, customer service lacked. Staff were gruff. WiFi is offered for 30 minutes then you must pay. In an industry known for delays and waiting they want to gouge you since you are trapped. Once through security very little opportunities for food and drink. Hope not to come through again.
Date VisitJune 2016

"ineffective immigration control"

(Denmark)

Changing flights from an International flight to another international in the US seems to have become a nightmare. It almost took 2 hours getting from one plane to the other due to an ineffective immigration control: I stood in one line for 15 minutes, then the line suddenly closed and I had to switch line. Just to see the same thing happen again. This repeated itself 4 times making a lot of frustrations in the queuing since my lines were not the only ones suddenly shutting down without any warning or answers. The officers totally ignored people asking for reasons. At no time during these two hours of queuing up did they answer anybody. A guy ended up shouting at the officer that his family would now miss their connecting flight - which they did. I just wanted to change flight coming from Europe going to Panama. Not to enter the US. The only funny thing was that on the AA plane we were shown a video of how the border control worked an hour before landing, telling us that we would be met by a friendly officer. Well, I didn't see him in the future I will avoid travelling with american companies if it will result in a transit in the US. The chances of missing my connecting flight is simply to great a risk.
Date VisitMarch 2016

"long queues and frustrated passengers"

Appalling airport restaurant facilies, rude staff, lack of staff controlling security checkpoints leading to long queues and frustrated passengers. Checked in at 2000 for a 2130 flight to LHR with VIR. Took 5 mins and then proceeded to security to be met by an extremely long slow queue with only 1 x-ray/passenger search facility open, yet plenty of staff sat around. Talk about the glaringly obvious !!! Numerous pax all in fear of missing flights, but pleas fell on deaf ears and the staff were of no help whatsoever, unsympathetic and obnoxious.
Date VisitMay 2016

"our experience has been positive overall"

(Italy)

We had a stopover in Miami during our flight from Mexico Cancun to Madrid. Having read all the nightmare stories for immigration, losing flights and baggage re-checking, I was prepared for the worst, but we were in reality so lucky and suprised that I want to share it also our experience because it is not always so negative. First, flying AA/Iberia the bags had an "ITI orange tag" and so they were transferred from the AA flight to Iberia flight. As said on the Miami airport website this is depending on airlines and destinations, but it's not true that you have always to pick up your bags during a transit. Secondly, in the period between 7.30pm/8pm few flights were landing from "non US airports", so we arrived at APC kiosks with many of them free, so in 10 minutes we were queuing to have the stamp from the officer. Then, it starts the usual "not so good" part because: Signs are not ok when you leave immigration, because in reality following signs you would probably come to leave the airport since there are arrows for connecting flights moving you outside the terminal when in reality you have to follow the AA connecting flights indications (despite our flight was Iberia for the next leg). Metal detectors/body scanner for the connecting flights are few so you need at least to add 20/30 minutes in your calculation (and again the airport was quite empty at that time). So, in general our experience has been positive overall, because 45 minutes from leaving a first flight to the departure gates again seems a very good "score", in general however I also understand the other reviews because during busy times/hours especially the connecting part/metal detectors seems not adequate to manage thousands of people.
Date VisitApril 2016