Vote Airport

Miami Airport

"one feels a bit congested"

Transitted twice to and fro. Spend 4 hrs in total at the airport. The airport is huge as compared to other ones in Florida, has nice bookstores and Cuban eatouts. Picked up two books and Tried local Cuban snacks and food. Seating arrangments were fine, but one feels a bit congested. This can be looked at. Also the directions are sometimes confusing. Drinking water facility, Toilets are clean and usable.
Date VisitJuly 2015

"efficient and queues do move fast"

I am in shock. After 20 years of using Miami airport I actually had a good experience. It is now, apparently, efficient and queues do move fast. And, most importantly, staff appear to be friendly and not rude. They appear to try to improve. I noticed passengers with cards that say fast connection and were whisked in front of queues. We did not need to collect our bags and re-deposit them, they were interlined to our final destination. There were lots of people around willing to help. I once said this airport was the closest I have been to hell, but today I actually had a good experience here.

"no complaints whatsoever"

Arrived here on the 18th of December 2015 from JFK. Had read all the reviews and was very apprehensive about arriving. Queues were long but dealt with very efficiently/quickly. Staff at airport were very friendly and helpful. Maybe the people who complained about airport staff don't know how to approach people? One piece of our luggage never arrived so went to baggage inquires. Girls at the desk were lovely and couldn't do enough to help me. Saw one or two people berating the staff. One girl was reduced to tears. I know that I would like to use some foul language in my description of these people. No complaints whatsoever about Miami Airport.
Date VisitDecember 2015

"one member of staff"

(Spain)

The worst airport I have ever arrived at. After a long day of flying from Madrid we walked and walked then stood in a queue with everyone else from our plane and I'm guessing 5 other planes. I didn't know at that point what we were even queuing for, as the queue slowly moved and got round a corner there were hundreds of people and I could see in a distance customs. An ESTA queue formed so I put myself into that queue with everyone else, one member of staff shouting at anyone with a visa to join him, no one did so after an hour I finally made it to what I thought was customs, but a machine, a free for all. No staff and everyone was playing with a machine that they didn't know how to use, after doing everthing it asked me a big cross through my face. Again no staff. Eventually I walked through to get my case, that was the easy part, laid on the ground in the middle of baggage collection. 3 and a half hours in total to leave that building - never again.

"staff were indifferent"

The worst experience I have had returning to the US from an International flight. Had a connecting flight in Miami upon return to US. Customs process is completely inefficient and automated process, before 2 separate customs processes which create a bottleneck. We spent 2 hours just going thru customs and nearly missed our flight. Airport staff were indifferent to this. The worst experience with any airport ever. I would avoid return connections to US through Miami at all costs.
Date VisitJanuary 2016

"we made it, our luggage did not"

Avoid Miami Airport. We had a 1 hour layover. Sat on Tarmac for 25 minutes waiting for a gate. Then our gate was changed and we sat for another 10 minutes. When we finally got off the plane, the gate change turned what would have been a 10 minute walk to a 20 minute jog to make out connecting flight. There were 6 of us, including 2 people in their 70s. Three of us ran to get there and the agent was rude about us getting to the plane right at time they wanted to close the gate. While we made it, our luggage did not.
Date VisitDecember 2015

"changing for the better"

Travelled on BA207 landing in Miami 1st November. We have travelled through Miami many times in the past and I have been scathing in previous reviews - TSA checks, immigration and car rental issues have been horrendous. However, to be fair to the airport, things have been changing for the better. Crucially the car rentals have been centralised so that just a short shuttle train journey is required as the cars are now on site. A huge improvement. And now we have the APC (Automatic Passport Control) machines which, frankly, are amazing for those of us with ESTA waivers. We were through immigration, customs, and baggage retrieval within 45 minutes - and onto the interstate within 75 minutes, arriving at Naples on the Gulf Coast before sunset! One can only hope that all American ports of entry introduce the APC system (please Newark, Washington Dulles, Chicago etc). The one remaining bad thing is the signage - it is still pretty awful for tourists and needs to be worked on. We travelled back from Tampa so cannot comment on what Miami is like inbound.
Date VisitNovember 2015

"will do my best to avoid this place"

This airport is truly a maze that will confuse and confound the most seasoned traveler. It may not be the worst in the USA but it is trying hard to win that title. I know there are other airports doing their best to keep up with the title the worst airport in the USA but I think with a little more work MIA can win. Highest taxes on rental cars and passengers also that I have seen. Will do my best to avoid this place!
Date VisitNovember 2015

"long walks and even longer queues

Arrival at airport a nightmare, long walks and even longer queues. Visitors arriving with ESTA's need to use electronic terminals and input their own data. All well and good if you can get to one in the first place when there are many flights arriving at the same time. When you do eventually get to a terminal it struggles to take your finger print (unless you can disconnect your fingers from your hand) and ultimately issues you with a reject slip which you then have to present to the immigration officer by joining the another queue (the one you tried to join in the first place). I estimate that 90% of visitors using the electronic terminals received rejection slips and then had to re queue. The whole experience has put me off using Miami airport again as it took over two hours to clear immigration. This is unfortunate as I have seen using this airport for over twenty years when visiting Naples.

"terminals are dirty"

The worst airport I've ever been to. The terminals are dirty, there is no complimentary wifi, and you must go through security to move between terminals. I would pay extra to avoid the airport in the future.