Miami Airport

Review by (United States) 25th July 2015

Arrived internationally to change over and depart got a domestic flight. There was not enough time in between the flights given the uneccesarily long and multistage process that they put you for combined with how far away the airport is. We had a 2 hour layover and we almost did not make thw flight. We had to run to make final boarding call! 2 hrs should be enough. If it isn't change it! The staff were nasty and couldn't answer questions they should have known as part of their job. Baggage claim took especially way too long. We had to get out baggage and recheck.
Date Visit25-07-2015

Review by (United States) 22nd July 2015

I had a connecting flight there on 7/20. The lines were too long, employees are rude, not too many signs. Missed my flight due to poor management and lack of organisation. I would never travel through this airport again.
Date Visit21-07-2015

Review by (United States) 17th July 2015

The staff is rude and has a terrible attitude. Going through customs, my boyfriend and I asked an employee about the permanent resident line, she simply yelled at us to stay in line. Another employee proceeded to tell me there were two lines, and to "move it" and then tells me I cut the line. Yelling at me in Spanish, to get off and the line. Now, I understood a little cause I speak Portuguese, but I'm not fluent in Spanish. I kept asking her to tell me what was wrong, and she proceeded to yell at me in Spanish. The people around us were confused,and kept telling her that we were on line. She let us stay, but before I went through customs she looked at my boarding pass, and told me again in Spanish that I cut the line. There's no need for that kind of attitude and to make a scene. I'm never gonna take a flight out of that airport again, nor recommend it to anybody.
Date Visit17-07-2015

Review by (United Kingdom) 17th July 2015

Never again. After a delayed American Airways flight we were concerned that our planned 6.5 hour transit time had reduced to 3 hours. The queues through passport control were very long, our baggage took an age to appear, baggage trolley cost an outrageous $5, then there was the astonishingly long line to get through customs control. Whenever we asked if, as transit passengers, we really needed to go through this channel we were shouted at to "Get in Line". Finding our way to the check in for our onward flight was confusing and extremely frustrating. Eventually, a very kindly security guard recognised our distress and directed us to our destination. By this time we were worried that we would miss our flight as we had passed the "gate closed" deadline. Thankfully we made it, just. As a couple well over 70, one of us having an obvious medical problem (broken shoulder) we would never transit Miami again. On our arrival at Heathrow we found our luggage had stayed in Miami - both cases having been opened and inspected by security.
Date Visit17-07-2015

Review by (United States) 6th July 2015

Passport control is a hot mess and the lines are ridiculously long after which one must pick up luggage and pass through customs. This process in an efficient airport with adequate personnel should not take 3 hours or more and cause people to miss connecting flights! I do not recommend transit through this airport!
Date Visit06-04-2015

Review by (United Kingdom) 20th June 2015

This is the 4th visit and each time it is the same long wait, this time the walk was extremely long, I am very fit so not a problem but I did feel sorry for the elderly. The passport staff are sad looking people, they look too authoritative and scare one off from entering, perhaps the management should look at all the reviews and realise that there is a problem. My view of the problem is they don't seem to like speaking English, they prefer Spanish and they seem to think this is little Cuba. Nothing has changed in 7yrs, so will fly to a different airport next time.
Date Visit20-06-2015

Review by (United States) 18th June 2015

One of the worst experiences. Airport looks like it was frozen in the 80's and thawed out recently. Musty smell, endless corridors and airport employees yelling at you to give you indications. I felt really uncomfortable, as well as other people, often misguided tourists. The airport should review its methods of recruitment, since many employees are unfit to deal with international tourists and often rude. Bad, bad experience.
Date Visit18-06-2015

Review by (United States) 5th May 2015

The worst airport in the US. Unbelievably long waits at security even for TSA Pre-check. Long walk to gates if flying American. Last arrival I waited over 40 minutes for a bag despite it being marked priority. The rental car center is nice but you will walk forever to get there and will be exhausted if you have any luggage at all. Be certain you have a GPS when leaving the rental car center otherwise you will get lost. There are essentially no signs as one leaves the airport and the locals drive like maniacs. I would use FLL when I come to Miami but my destination is south of MIA so it's quite a drive. It might be best to avoid south Florida altogether.

Review by (United States) 12th April 2015

Awful airport whether arriving on an international flight or flying out on a domestic flight. Check in service is chaotic at best with both airport and airline staff being rude and unhelpful. Arriving on international flights is worse. Aside from being 'greeted' by one of the worst passport controls you should also expect missing any connections less than three hours as the horrible service will ensure you will not make your connection. Offerings are poor from charging stations to free wifi. Food amenities are basic at best with some decent local fare but nothing akin to other major international airports. Ground transport is poor but has lot of car rental offerings. Not much improvement in last 25 years. Suggest you try going to FLL instead.

Review by (United Kingdom) 6th April 2015

Another horrendous passport control issue to add 2 hours of queuing. The border staff are slow and rude. I will avoid Miami from now on.