Miami Airport

"seats are comfortable"

(Portugal)

Verified Review | Miami Airport Area H and J are very good. H and J halls very good. Nice space and light, and all is clean. The seats are comfortable and lots of room to walk and stretch the legs - nice! Shops in the proper place and many choices and deals. Check-in areas working in perfection. Seats are clean.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"Miami airport very uncomfortable"

(Italy)

Unverified | We were stranded in Miami airport due to Hurricane Irma. Airlines were of little to no support. Miami airport very uncomfortable as there were no hotels available in the area, airlines were not supporting us and all we were left to do was sitting on the floor for an entire night.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"this has to be the worst airport ever"

Verified Review | Worst passport control ever. We had hundreds of passengers and the line they directed my family to had no border control officer. We and other poor passengers are waiting and they just don't seem to care at all. I've been to many points of entry to US but this has to be the worst airport ever.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"directions were very clear"

Unverified | I loved Miami airport. We were flying to Belize and customs was a breeze. The scenery is amazing with a great monorail system to avoid walking. The directions were very clear how to get to customs. Food outlets are available but sometimes a little difficult to find. All in all a great airport. I would definitely fly thorough Miami again.
Date VisitFebruary 2017

"held in long snaking queues for three hours"

Unverified | My passing through Miami Airport was a horrible experience which marred the start of an otherwise fantastic holiday in Nassau. We were held in long snaking queues for three hours until we missed our connecting flight. Staff were unhelpful and intimidating, not answering any questions, just barking orders. After missing our flight we had to spend the night there in the freezing airconditioning with no instructions or help as to what we could do or where to go. This is the worst experience I have ever had in an airport. If at all possible, I would recommend people to avoid this dreadful place with it's dreadful staff.
Date VisitApril 2017

"greed and disorganization rule"

Verified Review | Miami is a terrible airport. Over capacity, out dated and practically third world. No transit facility (meaning travelers passing through the US mingle with domestic travelers). Gate to Carousel is usually at least half a mile distance. (Gate 48 to Carosel 26). The last 8 flights from LGA to MIA have arrived with no gate available (over capacity). Signs say Baggage Claim both ways (left and right - one way uses the train, one way by foot - why not write 'Baggage Claim - Via Train) when you leave the aircraft. Credit Card and Sunpass lanes to exit parking are regularly broken. Greed and disorganization rule. I've used airports in every continent and this ranks in the worst 3. AA lounge dates to about 1992. Only positive is TSA line moves quickly and it's relatively clean in the terminal.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"in a word: awful"

Unverified | Who designed Miami Airport? Why are there 100 yards between each gate? And why are there 10 gates for every small bathroom? Unanswerable questions I guess. I have never had worse food at an airport than when I reluctantly buy food here, so I do it as seldom as possible. Seats in the terminal must be 30 years old, ripped. Tons of shops, whick is a plus for some, but I'm not interested in paying a premium price for anything so to me shopping is not very useful. In a word: awful. Positive reviews of this place are anomalies. Transfer internationally through Atlanta, Houston or even JFK before settling on any itinerary through MIA.
Date VisitJune 2017

"ground staff totally disinterested"

Verified Review | Miami airport is too big as there is not transportation between the linked terminals. The TSA and most ground staff was at best totally disinterested - on the whole rude, slow and deliberately intimidating. This is not a good advertisement for the USA and for the state / city of Florida / Miami. No wonder US visitor numbers are falling. My airline was American Airlines - who have a similar attitude to customers.
Date VisitApril 2017

"security staff were extremely impolite"

Verified Review | As a frequent Flyer I have never seen anything quite as slow as the customs line in Miami. We had to queue for more than 2.5 hours. The agent was on his mobile sending and receiving texts while checking our passports. I don't think workers should be allowed to use mobile phones while at work. On our way back the security staff were extremely impolite, talking to passengers in a very rude manner. In general airport workers are not instructed to be helpful in anyway and are extremely rude. The worst airport I have been so far.
Date VisitApril 2017

"a sad way to represent our country"

The TSA here in Miami Airport are like the Gestapo. They literally have 4-6 agents standing in the lines just yelling at people. One older guy put his bag on the rollers and then went towards the scanner. "Hey! You! Go stand with your luggage! Your bag isn't going to push itself into the machine! Your holding up the line!!!!" This played out non-stop the whole time I was there. Just yelling at people and basically calling them idiots if they forgot something. Worst airport security I have ever seen. What a sad way to represent our country at an international airport. Shameful really