Best Cabin Crew

Mexico City Airport

"put through extra screening"

I have used Mexico City's Terminal four times in the last three weeks (2 departures and 2 arrivals) and can safely say this airport has some good things and some awful ones. Good: duty free is good, and immigration and security not bad. They work and are fast as at an American airport way (they are thorough and charmless). The problem is that the staff is extremely rude and target people - I am of mixed raced and was put through extra screening on all ocassions (I was told I was selected at random. Yeah, four out of four?). Other bad things: there are not many places to sit and relax and the facilities are not in good conditions. I had such a bad experience with the security people pulling me apart to check every single item of my hand luggage that I have no desire to return to Mexico at all. I was put through a real ordeal for no apparent reason and they were disappointed to announce to me that they could not find anything thing against me. On returning to London I googled the airport and noticed a lot of passengers complaining about the same thing. I shall focus my holiday instead in Asia where one is welcomed all the time and I have never had a bad experience at any airport there. In fact, places like Bangkok or Singapore go out of their way to make sure visitors are treated fairly and have a good time.
Date VisitFebruary 2016

"huge disorganized mess"

This airport is the worst airport I've experienced in all my years of flying. Some of the agents are very rude and dismissive. However, they do have a few who are polite and helpful. One information booth agent personally escorted us to where we needed to go. He didn't understand English well and even used his phone to have us type out what we needed and it was translated into Spanish for him. He was great in helping us get our baggage. That being said, we missed our connecting flight due to the monitors saying the flight was leaving from gate 72, which exists, but it's really just a seating area and not where you get on the plane. Two re-booked flights and $300 dollars later, we made it to Puerto Vallarta. If you are flying out of gate 75, good luck, it is a huge disorganized mess. Around five or more different flights are going out of that terminal and there is nowhere to sit. No one knows when the flights are boarding and there is one staff member there to ask questions to if you can find them. When you are finally ready to get onto the plane, you are transported via a standing bus that will drive you to your plane. One thing I found quite strange was not being able to find a water fountain. The bathrooms could really use some updating as well. One of the toilets didn't even have a toilet seat. Flying to and from this airport was cheaper initially, but after having to pay $300 to get our flight re-booked due to their error, I will avoid this airport like the plague in the future.
Date VisitJanuary 2016

"not enough staff members"

Lines were very long when I arrived at the airport. I had a flight from the U.S. to Colombia and Mexico City was my layover. Long story short the lines were long and there were not enough staff members working at customs and immigration in order for me to get through. A terrible experience and I do not want to travel through there again.
Date VisitOctober 2015

"airport is old and shabby"

This airport is old and shabby. Immigration is slow and officers are rather indifferent. They seemed to have been trained by US officers. Baggage was our fairly fast but then we had to join a queue for customs, where if you are unlucky after punching a button you will be asked to put your luggage through the X-Ray machine followed by a manual check (I do not see the point of both). Immediately after leaving the customs area all trolleys must be abandoned and if you cannot carry your suitcases without one you will have to hire a porter. We did not understand this rather idiotic rule and a porter stopped us but because we insisted on continuing with our bags he summoned the police. A frightening experience after one has just arrived into a country. Very filthy toilets in arrival halls.
Date VisitJanuary 2016

"could be more efficient"

(Mexico)

At security the staff were rude and the lines are long - they don't seem to care about the customer service. All of the restrooms are dirty and in poor condition. Many flights seem to be delayed. Always long lines for boarding flights - a lot of the procedures could be more efficient.
Date VisitJanuary 2016

"airport is extremely cold"

(Brazil)

I don't recommend this terrible airport. No places to wait. Had a 12 hour layover and didn't want to pay 180 US$ on a hotel, tried to find a place to sleep and couldn't. The airport is extremely cold. You are not allowed to lay down on the floor to sleep while you wait and there are zero decent places to stay, unless you are a VIP Lounge user. I hope I don't have to go there again.
Date VisitJanuary 2016

"chaotic, dirty and unpleasant"

The worst airport experience I've had. Avoid using this "airport" unless there are no other choices left. Terminal 2, which is said to be brand new, is chaotic, dirty and unpleasant. It's inconceivable that what is regarded as a major airport in LatAm doesn't even have decent toilets. The latter are the filthiest I've ever seen and using them (if you find them) is putting your health at risk. Immigration takes a lifetime, then passengers are required to pickup luggage and go through X-Ray screening before meeting the customs office. They'll confiscate what their poor judgment dictates even if you are transiting the country. Baggage must be taken to a "connection" area which is also crowded, dirty, primitive and poorly lit. The worst has yet to come: going through the security filters again and desk with the rudest people I've met. This airport is a shame. LatAm has better airports than this.
Date VisitJanuary 2016

"food options were limited"

(Mexico)

Terminal 2 counters were extremely slow to process check-in/baggagge. The Immigration staff were insufficient for locals and foreigners. The baggagge claim carousel was very slow, and the restrooms at the airport dirty. Food options were limited. The Banamex Beyond Lounge was great.
Date VisitDecember 2015

" a horrible experience"

(Mexico)

Mexico City Airport has became in a horrible experience to catch a plane, make a connection, etc. This airport is small with a not very good terminal signs and direction, a little dirty. The carousel and the space to pick up your luggage it's not enough any more. You will need more time to wait for it, to come throught it... The runways are not enough, easily you can spend a lot of time inside the plane waiting clearance for take off.
Date VisitDecember 2015

"misinformation on screens"

The airport staff are unpleasant, unfriendly, unhelpful and misinformed! There is a chaos there due to the misinformation on the screens, lack of proper and visible signs and useless staff that often doesn't speak English. I missed my flight because of that.
Date VisitNovember 2015