Marrakech Airport

"arrival was extremely slow"

Not Verified | Arrival was extremely slow, took us nearly 2 hours just to get out of the airport. Staff are rude and are uninformed. No one answers your queries so you are left to find find your own way round. Very pretty airport tho. Worst experience ever with Ryanair on departure tho, make sure your boarding pass is printed or else you will be charged 1,200 DH
Date VisitJune 2018

"Unfit for purpose"

Not Verified | Unfit for purpose. This was the worst airport experience of my life. Spent over 2 hours queuing to get through immigration on arrival. Rude staff, totally disorganised. Makes Morocco look foolish to foreigners - went to Marrakech for the weekend and spent most of it in arrivals and departure halls. This was pure hell. I will never go back to Marrakech again. Spoilt our trip.
Date VisitApril 2018

"staff lack proper training"

Not Verified | All security staff are rude and purposely slow. Passport was thrown back at me. Security staff talking amongst themselves or on their phones and generally ignoring waiting passengers. Retail staff are friendly and pleasant. Too many check points and staff lack proper training.
Date VisitApril 2018

"the worst airport experience ever"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | A beautiful, fairly new building, but the worst airport experience ever. 2.5 hours to exit airport after arrival. 1.5 hours to depart. No efficiency whatsoever, no explanation, no information, inappropriate body search at departure. Expensive food for sale which is not fresh and sometimes has to be paid cash, in an international airport!
Date VisitApril 2018

"staff are unpleasant and unhelpful"

Trip Verified | Beautiful airport that's terribly managed with completely meaningless checks from the beginning to the end. Almost all staff are unpleasant and unhelpful. We are all treated like criminals. Food is rediculously expensive. It's a very bad way to an otherwise pleasant country. Leaves a really bitter taste.

"staff was terrible"

Not Verified | One of the most beautiful airports I’ve been to but the treatment by the staff was terrible. I’m on vacation leaving from NY, Barcelona, Tunisia, Morocco and Poland and then back to NY. When I got to Morocco I was on line for the customs check portion of it. The officer was so rude - throwing my passport around - telling me to not waste his time because there’s people behind me. I was trying to explain to him that my friend has the same hotel information and she had gone before me. I was trying to get WiFi to get that info. It escalated once he didn’t even listen to what I was saying - I told him to call the police (the office is right next door). The whole demeanor was condescending. Isn’t your job to work with people? The second incident was checking in for my Krakow flight. I had printed out my ticket like my bf and my friend did but I was the only one to be stopped and told “that’s not a boarding pass” - we all had the same one. Are you kidding me? She told me “you’re wasting time now we print” - I was so angry I told her “it’s not my fault - I printed it out and regardless you should not be rude to me”. I doubt she even understood what I was saying. I just can’t believe how rude they were. I got really upset and I know I shouldn’t. Have they ever learned the saying treat others the way you want to be treated?
Date VisitMarch 2018

"the most beautiful airport"

Not Verified | This is the most beautiful airport I have ever been in. Soaring ceilings, beautiful tiles and marble, stunning lighting and glass. It is extremely clean in arrivals and departures. The staff are very good. We had a lost piece of baggage and they were very helpful in locating it. The departure area was lovely too, beautiful shops and restaurants, comfortable seating. Restrooms were spotless. Easy access from the city, easy check in, security was thorough but quick. Signage for foreigners could be a little more obvious but overall, just great.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"have never had a problem here"

Not Verified | I visit Marrakech regularly and this year was surprised to see the extensive improvements that have taken place. I have never had a problem here and have always found the staff to be helpful. The process was much quicker than before the changes. It is so spotlessly clean, the long queues at passport control upon leaving were quickly dealt with. The whole experience was very easy and I have no complaints at all.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"Ignorant, arrogant and rude"

Not Verified | Cleanliness 10 out of 10. All other staff need to attend a customer services training programme. Not one of the staff knew how to smile. There was no eye contact at all and the staff supposedly in charge of the lines to the passport control booths had no idea and generally caused chaos. It seemed that if you arrived late for your journey you could rush to the front of the queue chat to these members of staff and be allowed to queue jump! Or when these staff were being chatted to people at the back of the queue went under the barriers into the other queue leaving people like myself, who had now stood patiently for an hour, to wait even longer. When it was mentioned to this little man what was happening behind his back he became quite irate with me. Eventually after an hour and a quarter queuing we got through to the seating/food/shopping area, disappointing. Two female airline staff announced the aircraft boarding after sitting and eating their lunch? Again no eye contact as they chatted amongst themselves whilst chewing their gum. Ignorant, arrogant and rude. I don’t think I’ll be going that way ever again.
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"one of the best airports I've been to"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Extremely pleased with Marrakech airport, which was very surprising considering awful reviews. I was departing in the evening - around 7 pm - on a Royal Air Maroc flight to Casablanca and continuing to Moscow, so I went through all immigration like it was an international flight. The new terminal is very airy, well-lit, modern but with a Moroccan twist and stylish - loved it. Looks much better than the majority of the airports I've been to. Check-in was in the old terminal, which is seamlessly connected to the new one, and took two minutes, if not less. After check-in you have to proceed to the new terminal for departures, where you have to fill the departure card. The only downside is that there were no pens in sight. I had one, but many people didn't. The staff I interacted with were very friendly and hospitable, as well as efficient - the whole process of getting to the duty free zone took less than 8 minutes! I honestly did not expect that speed at all. The terminal was sparkling clean, with shiny floors, high ceilings and very interesting design all around. Duty free was nothing to write home about, although all Moroccan specialties were there, including very reasonably priced Moroccan wine. You can pay in Moroccan dirhams if the product is of Moroccan origin, so that was very convenient. Wi-Fi is quite fast, and the Priority Pass lounge - if you have access - is really good. Try some freshly squeezed juices, wines and delicious beef tajine while you're there. Since our flight was in an ATR-72, boarding took place via bus, but again, it was on-time, not crowded and very comfortable overall. Honestly, Marrakech airport is one of the best airports I've been to, and while it's not Singapore Changi, it's almost perfect for what it is.
Date VisitDecember 2017