Marrakech Airport

Terminal Seating N/A

Review by (United Kingdom)

Had heard horror stories about border control so very pleasantly surprised that this appears to no longer be true. Arrived along with 2 other flights, fortunately first to offload so close to front of queue. Many border desks open and waited no more than 10 minutes, luggage arriving 5 minutes later. Queue had grown very long but wouldn't have thought more than 30 mins for those at the back. So one of the fastest transits through an airport I've ever had. return same deal, maybe 10 minutes at border control. Shops airside horribly expensive and they only take euros. Overall very happy with the experience.
Date VisitAugust 2015
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure

Review by (United Kingdom)

Looks good pity about the queues. The queues for passport and immigration are ridiculous. We had an evening flight on the 13th May from Marrakech and though there only seemed to be 2 flights going out there were lengthy queues with only 4 staff on duty. We found out why when we got airside. they were all watching the football on TV! We wanted a drink but had changed all our currency back as you are supposed to do before going airside only to find that they would only take dirham and wanted £5 for a can of coke if paying in stirling - big rip off.

Review by (United Kingdom)

Business Class Lounge? This is undoubtedly the worst "vip" lounge I have ever had the misfortune to visit. The whole point (for us) of paying the extra to fly business class is the lounge area. You can usually just chill have a drink and something to eat and get priority boarding. It actually reduces the stress of travelling - but not in Marrakech! On entering you could actually smell the body odour of fellow passengers. As it is such a small area I guess the aircon couldn't cope with the 30 odd people in there (I couldn't get a seat!). It was dirty overall and the very small coffee machine wasn't working. The "food" consisted of two unwrapped and presumably stale cheese sandwiches which were regularly prodded by people picked up then put back. My last visit was August 2014. They may have improved it by now but I doubt it. In future I will now fly business class going but economy on the return flight as there is plenty of room in the open spaces at Marrakech airport and at least I know I can buy a coffee. Before you think I'm some sort of precious tourist who expects people to kow tow to my every whim I have been visiting Morocco on and off since 1968 and treat all Moroccans with equal respect. But I have never experienced a vip lounge like this one. Avoid like the plague! As for the rest of the airport it is organised chaos at times but you are in Morocco you know so it's to be expected. I suppose if I was flying economy I would give it 5 stars.

Marrakech Airport customer review

Review by (United States)

This airport is substandard for what you would expect in a medium sized city like Marrakech. Upon arrival deplaning occurred using stairs from the front and back doors of the plane. Arrival immigrations was a disaster and completely unorganized. There were probably 150 people in front of us and it took about 1 hour to get through immigration. They had about 6 of 20 booths opened and all of the officials were busy chatting with one another. Then when they finally do their job and process a passenger they do so at the slowest possible speed. This is quite possibly the slowest immigration operation I've seen (not in total wait but in how slow they move people). On departure it was mildly better but it still took about 30 minutes to clear immigration. Also as others have said there is a lot of queue jumping which further infuriates things. I note that they are building a new terminal next to the old one so hopefully a lot of these problems will go away (though I doubt it since the people were the problem and not the building).

Review by (Switzerland)

Long queue for passport control arriving and departures. No special lines for business class. People jumping queue with fake reasons. Officials very slow and half the booths opened. 90 minutes on arrival and 50 minutes for departure.

Review by (United Kingdom)

Leave plenty of time for entry and exit. On arrival at Marrakech airport on a Monday evening around 20:00h we queued for an hour and a half to get through border control! It was chaos with angry and rude people jumping the enormous queue and no control by officials. The guys on the desks were bored and slow typing the details from your card into their computers with one finger and only once they'd finished chatting to their friends and rearranging the furniture in their booths. On departure from Marrakech it was very quick to get through security and we didn't have to remove belts shoes laptops etc. The airport was clean and cool and there were lots of places to change money buy snacks etc. All was going well until we had to get back in an enormous queue for border control again. Once again there was queue jumping and the bored slow officials in their booths. This time it only took about 40 mins though which was lucky or we could have missed our flight. Beyond this we went to get a drink and I had to pay 17.5 Euros in the cafe area for a can of Sprite plus 2 small cans of Casablanca! The toilets were clean and for a small fee the toilet attendant let me jump the queue and use the empty disabled toilet. My overall view - modern clean airport with ridiculous queues.

Review by (United Kingdom)

The terminal building looks nice and its clean but its probably the most awful airport experience I've had. Arrival is confusing no indication of what you have to do. Massive queues at immigration control. Queue jumping. Every detail has to be punched in by hand. Lack of safety - vehicles rushing along roads where passengers are walking. Bad attitude by officials. Having to fill in a card to leave the country is ludicrous. Departures lounge is just an excuse to rip you off. If the plan is for more tourists to visit the country the authorities must do something about the process to bring them in its shockingly bad.

Marrakech Airport customer review

Review by (United States)

Check-in is a zoo (at least at Air France) with not much respect for queuing. Wait at security for our morning flight was long but not worse than e.g. Chicago (i.e. 10-20 minutes). Priority pass lounge was very nice spotlessly clean with teapots and teacups arranged invitingly. Duty free shop was OK - a bit expensive but not outrageously so.

Review by (Canada)

We must have landed and departed at the right time of day. There was hardly any lines at all less than 5 minutes. Staff at security and customs were courteous and welcoming. The ladies in the bathrooms ask discreetly for tips but since the bathrooms are sparkling clean I don't mind. There were many nice shops with fair prices if you need to purchase more items. We didn't care for the sweets that we purchased in the Moroccan Pastry shop but there are other places to buy food. The only annoyance was the high pitched electric saw being used near the gate as one of the shops was under construction.

Review by (United Kingdom)

A reasonably modern airport no air bridges you walk to and from the aircraft. Be prepared for long waits everywhere and ensure you have pens to fill out your forms both when leaving and entering the country. Food prices are similar to that in the UK but hot drinks served in cheap thin plastic cups All in all fit for purpose but would not want to be stranded here.