Vote Now

Marrakech Airport

"all very comfortable"

Verified Review | Had an early morning flight from Marrakech to Barcelona. Very smooth check-in in the old section of the airport. Went through passport control very quickly and without any problems. The new airport has opened for all arrivals and departures and is a short walk which is well sign posted from the old section. It has shops, cafes and adequate seating. All very comfortable.
Date VisitJanuary 2017

"gets better every time"

I cannot speak highly enough of Marrakech airport. I have travelled here for the past 5 years and it gets better every time. I realise this is a relatively small airport compared to Gatwick, but the staff there could take lessons from the organisation and customer service. After experiencing the chaos of getting to and through departure in Gatwick, Marrakech was such a good experience. Upon leaving, I found the security to be first class, nobody is allowed inside the airport now without first having their bags scanned, and I showed my passport about 3 times before even reaching passport control. The airport is spotlessly clean, so well organised and the staff are helpful and pleasant. I had no problems whatsoever in this airport. Well done to Marrakech for customer service and organisation. The only minus was that it's not obvious boarding passes have to be stamped at the check-in desk before going through to departures when only cabin bags are being taken, but this is insignificant in the scheme of things. I use a walking stick due to problems with my spine, and was shown to a shorter queue at passport control when the stick was noticed, I wish I could say the same for Gatwick, where I felt at a disadvantage due to my disability.
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"a terrible experience"

(Hong Kong)

Marrakech Airport was a terrible experience. On the positive note Marrakech airport was actually quite modern. The check in was quite slow. Here comes the worst part: I then went to the immigration hall. There were at least 100 people in there cramped while lining up for immigration. We lined up for more than 1 and a half and hours. Finally we were at the immigration checking counter. The passport check took a whole half an hour.
Date VisitDecember 2015

"could not be more grateful"

We could not be more grateful to staff at this airport. The security guard helped us when we were waiting at the terminal and we realised we had lost a mobile phone. He led us back to the entrance and spoke to our taxi driver and back again with the phone with minimal fuss. I don't think that would be allowed in the UK.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"an extremely pleasant trip"

Having read the reviews on Marrakech airport I must admit I was dreading the experience but I had absolutely no issues whatsoever. Having read what to expect certainly made me more of aware of what was required - form filling, taking own pen etc. We were given cards to complete by BA during our flight so we could complete prior to arriving in Marrakech. Those of us with with brains completed them on our 3 hour 15 minute flight, those with no brains were trying to complete whilst walking on the tarmac towards the terminal or once inside. We were lucky that no other flight had arrived at same time, so from the minute we landed to sitting in our hotel room in the Gueliz part of Marrakech took 40 minutes. Straight through passport control and security, no issues with queues or unhelpful members of staff. On our return, our flight was delayed by 90 minutes and were already at the airport 3 hours prior to our original flight time so had plenty of time to kill. Agree that signs are not clear at this airport, but saw a stand with the forms which need completing prior to dropping off our bags, there are some before going through security also. Even though we were there early were able to drop our bags off immediately (and were amongst the first off belt at Gatwick). We went through security - no queues, no issues at passport control other than people delaying matters by not completing the forms before arriving at the kiosks. Once through, pleasantly surprised at shops and cafes available in departures, though frustrating you have to use euros and not any left over dirhams you have. Having been ripped off in various airports in Turkey, thought the food and drink prices were extremely reasonable. Free wifi was available, though for a limited amount of time. OK, so security and passport control not the most smiley people on the planet, though when are they? So, after all the worry and scary reviews from others, actually had an extremely pleasant trip via Menara Airport.
Date VisitJune 2016

"customer service does not exist"

A beautiful building but a train-wreck inside. Customer service does not exist. No sign-posting. You need to write out a boarding form. This isn't clear whatsoever. Luckily we saw others with them and scoped them out. No ticket printing facilities. In the past, I have had to print my boarding pass short notice at an airport for 2-5 euros. We couldn't find an internet cafe beforehand and decided to pay the extra cost to print them at the airport. 36 euros to write out two boarding passes (incorrectly) and two long queues. We were sent to this queue and that. Back and fourth for an hour. No help, just staff behind desks refusing to deal with us until we paid 15 euros each. I would never travel through Marrakesh airport again. We were treated with no respect or decency by staff so other travellers beware.
Date VisitJune 2016

"unhelpful and rude"

Not the clearest airport to get around. Documents require stamping before going through to security which is not clear at all, especially to those pre-checked in online, traveling with hand luggage only who normally would not need to visit the check-in desk. At no point on our way through to passport control did we find any cards to fill out for passport control, and once we got there (without cards) the man behind the window was deliberately unhelpful and rude, refusing to give us cards despite there being a pack right in front of him, and also refusing to tell us where we could locate pens. When we eventually found cards and pens, thanks to helpful tourists rather than airport staff, the same man was serving my friend through passport control. He deliberately took his time letting him through, stopping to chat and joke with the other man in the booth. Absolutely awful behaviour from an airport staff member. Also, WIFI is not free which is incredibly unhelpful.
Date VisitMarch 2016

"didn't have any problems"

Some people seem to have had a lot of trouble at this airport but we didn't. I think that this was mainly down to arriving in plenty of time. We arrived 3 hours before our departure time. I dont think that you want to leave it much later than that and maybe even more if its a busy time of year and you are not using Speedy Boarding. So, everybody must get their boarding card stamped at the check in desks, even if you only have hand luggage. Then on the way to security, change your Moroccan money back into sterling at the kiosk. By the way, don't even think of bringing Scottish notes as they just refuse to change them. Remember to pick up the embarkation cards that you can fill in while waiting in the queue at security. When you are finally through there you only have customs to negotiate and thats you into the departure lounge. We didn't have any problems and it was fairly quiet and all that took an hour.
Date VisitFebruary 2016

"okay but nothing outstanding"

We flew in and out - the airport is not that modern but looks quite nice landside. I understand they are currently building a new terminal. There is free WiFi throughout the airport, a lot of bank counters and ATMs, plenty of check-in desks, but the passport control could be faster. Unfortunately after security it is hard to find somewhere to buy drinks with a credit card which I think is poor for an international airport. All in all the airport was okay, but nothing outstanding.
Date VisitFebruary 2016

"small airport but not bad"

(China)

Marrakech Airport is a small airport and barebones but not bad. Not much in terms of seating in check in area. Food is not overly expensive - a few duty free stores and cafeterias. Security and immigration was quick enough. There are not that many flights out of Marrakech - those are mainly seem to be for tourists making there way back to Europe. Expanding the airport with additional flight gates as needed. We did walk across the tarmac to our flight (Ryanair) so I don't know if there are gangways. I wouldn't hesitate taking flying out of this airport again.