Top 100 Airlines

Marrakech Airport

"unhelpful and rude"

Not the clearest airport to get around. Documents require stamping before going through to security which is not clear at all, especially to those pre-checked in online, traveling with hand luggage only who normally would not need to visit the check-in desk. At no point on our way through to passport control did we find any cards to fill out for passport control, and once we got there (without cards) the man behind the window was deliberately unhelpful and rude, refusing to give us cards despite there being a pack right in front of him, and also refusing to tell us where we could locate pens. When we eventually found cards and pens, thanks to helpful tourists rather than airport staff, the same man was serving my friend through passport control. He deliberately took his time letting him through, stopping to chat and joke with the other man in the booth. Absolutely awful behaviour from an airport staff member. Also, WIFI is not free which is incredibly unhelpful.
Date VisitMarch 2016

"didn't have any problems"

Some people seem to have had a lot of trouble at this airport but we didn't. I think that this was mainly down to arriving in plenty of time. We arrived 3 hours before our departure time. I dont think that you want to leave it much later than that and maybe even more if its a busy time of year and you are not using Speedy Boarding. So, everybody must get their boarding card stamped at the check in desks, even if you only have hand luggage. Then on the way to security, change your Moroccan money back into sterling at the kiosk. By the way, don't even think of bringing Scottish notes as they just refuse to change them. Remember to pick up the embarkation cards that you can fill in while waiting in the queue at security. When you are finally through there you only have customs to negotiate and thats you into the departure lounge. We didn't have any problems and it was fairly quiet and all that took an hour.
Date VisitFebruary 2016

"okay but nothing outstanding"

We flew in and out - the airport is not that modern but looks quite nice landside. I understand they are currently building a new terminal. There is free WiFi throughout the airport, a lot of bank counters and ATMs, plenty of check-in desks, but the passport control could be faster. Unfortunately after security it is hard to find somewhere to buy drinks with a credit card which I think is poor for an international airport. All in all the airport was okay, but nothing outstanding.
Date VisitFebruary 2016

"small airport but not bad"

(China)

Marrakech Airport is a small airport and barebones but not bad. Not much in terms of seating in check in area. Food is not overly expensive - a few duty free stores and cafeterias. Security and immigration was quick enough. There are not that many flights out of Marrakech - those are mainly seem to be for tourists making there way back to Europe. Expanding the airport with additional flight gates as needed. We did walk across the tarmac to our flight (Ryanair) so I don't know if there are gangways. I wouldn't hesitate taking flying out of this airport again.

"people jumping queues"

Morocco is a beautiful country, with amazing landscapes, sounds and experiences. I definitely recommend a visit if you have not gone, but if you can I do suggest you avoid Marrakech airport. It took about 2 hours to get through the passport control area, with a fair number of people along the way queue jumping. While there were plenty of booths open it just did not seem that the process was running quickly at all. Every country is entitled to have their passport checks of course and I do not blame the Kingdom of Morocco to do so, but they really will need to further consider their procedure and organisation method in order to carry them out, because waiting in line for 2 hours, with people jumping queues and no officials to be seem to organise the queues is frankly unacceptable. On departure the process was much better, but that was because there were a lot less people at the airport (?) maybe. There are some shops in the airport, but if you really want to spend your money you're better off to spend it all before you leave the country as nothing of much interest is on offer. And you also may avoid coming across that peculiar habit of having staff talking to each other while dealing with your transaction. I was not at all impressed with Marrakesh airport and its staff - it appeared that they were doing us a massive favor all the way through. The outside of the building is beautiful though. And the toilets were clean.
Date VisitDecember 2015

"the staff were useless"

This airport was without doubt the worst airport I have ever been to. We were lucky on arrival to get through quickly. Departure however was a disaster. There were times when we were queueing that I felt unsafe. People were panicking that they would miss their flight and began pushing and arguing with each other. It was really hot and the staff were useless. There was no system in place and many of the desks for checking the departure cards were unmanned. Despite arriving in plenty of time at the airport we ended up running onto the flight with minutes to spare. It was an upsetting experience that I never wish to repeat. I advise anyone travelling from this airport to arrive hours before your flight to avoid the dangers of the departure queue. Personally I won't be using this airport ever again. I'd think twice before re visiting Morocco. I got the distinct feeling that if you missed your flight because of airport ineffectivness the staff at the airport would not look after you and assist in the arrangement of another flight. This airport is a disgrace and let's the county down because apart from the terrible airport experience we had a lovely trip.
Date VisitDecember 2015

"queued for 2 and half hours"

The passport control on arrival was awful. We queued for 2 and half hours. Staff were rude and unhelpful. Customers were pushing in and the whole experience was chaotic. Staff only made it worse by moving people in front of others. If it were possible I'd miss this airport out.
Date VisitSeptember 2015

Marrakech Airport customer review

Had heard horror stories about border control so very pleasantly surprised that this appears to no longer be true. Arrived along with 2 other flights, fortunately first to offload so close to front of queue. Many border desks open and waited no more than 10 minutes, luggage arriving 5 minutes later. Queue had grown very long but wouldn't have thought more than 30 mins for those at the back. So one of the fastest transits through an airport I've ever had. return same deal, maybe 10 minutes at border control. Shops airside horribly expensive and they only take euros. Overall very happy with the experience.
Date VisitAugust 2015

Marrakech Airport customer review

Looks good pity about the queues. The queues for passport and immigration are ridiculous. We had an evening flight on the 13th May from Marrakech and though there only seemed to be 2 flights going out there were lengthy queues with only 4 staff on duty. We found out why when we got airside. they were all watching the football on TV! We wanted a drink but had changed all our currency back as you are supposed to do before going airside only to find that they would only take dirham and wanted £5 for a can of coke if paying in stirling - big rip off.

Marrakech Airport customer review

Business Class Lounge? This is undoubtedly the worst "vip" lounge I have ever had the misfortune to visit. The whole point (for us) of paying the extra to fly business class is the lounge area. You can usually just chill have a drink and something to eat and get priority boarding. It actually reduces the stress of travelling - but not in Marrakech! On entering you could actually smell the body odour of fellow passengers. As it is such a small area I guess the aircon couldn't cope with the 30 odd people in there (I couldn't get a seat!). It was dirty overall and the very small coffee machine wasn't working. The "food" consisted of two unwrapped and presumably stale cheese sandwiches which were regularly prodded by people picked up then put back. My last visit was August 2014. They may have improved it by now but I doubt it. In future I will now fly business class going but economy on the return flight as there is plenty of room in the open spaces at Marrakech airport and at least I know I can buy a coffee. Before you think I'm some sort of precious tourist who expects people to kow tow to my every whim I have been visiting Morocco on and off since 1968 and treat all Moroccans with equal respect. But I have never experienced a vip lounge like this one. Avoid like the plague! As for the rest of the airport it is organised chaos at times but you are in Morocco you know so it's to be expected. I suppose if I was flying economy I would give it 5 stars.