Manchester Airport

"Manchester is the worst airport"

Trip Verified | I’ve taken 250 flights in the past three years. Manchester is the worst airport. Incompetent security. Chit chatting. Rejecting luggage for further screening only to discover it was by mistake. Horrible airport and worst security system lacking organization. Avoid.

"No order whatsoever"

(Finland)

Not Verified | Definitely one of the worst airport security experiences we've had. The security procedures where each piece of luggage was separately checked were so badly organized that we had to wait for our luggage for over half an hour although there were only less than ten pieces waiting to be checked when we passed the scanner. No order whatsover, luggage was picked randomly for security check, this was even worse than the security check in Israel. Never again Manchester airport, there are more friendly places to visit.

"Diabolical experience"

Not Verified | Diabolical experience going through security today. Absolute chaos and very rude men shouting their heads off about removing items from the case. It felt like I was entering into a prison with the behaviour of the security staff. No one helpful and smiley just screaming at you and many cases were taken off for extra individual searches. So we had a line of around 30 bags at a time which took at least 30 minutes to be processed. Luckily I was not short of time but some people were panicking about missing flights due to the inefficient bag checks. No time to buy any food/drinks or shopping as stood waiting for case so further loss of revenue for the airport! I have never experienced this in any other airport and it was most unpleasant - I realise they have an important job to do but surely their attitude could be improved. Or maybe employ more staff? Will avoid in the future.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"a horrible start to a journey"

Not Verified | One of the worst airports I have been to. Massive queues before the security checks. Staff at security checks standing chatting, while bags are not being sorted. Enormous amount of people waiting and unhappy. Altogether makes a horrible start to a journey. Staff are friendly and calm but the organisation of it is terrible. 5 staff standing chatting while the line for bags to be search is about 10-12 bags. Many people anxious about missing their flight, being a mental health professional I find this not acceptable. For those who may suffer anxiety this would be an experience after which I'm not sure a person would be able to take a flight. I hope my feedback will help to improve this service and make more people happy.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"have never seen an airport so disorganised"

Not Verified | I have never seen an airport so disorganised - rude staff, total chaos at security, very unhelpful personnel! I have travelled to Manchester frequently and this is the first time I have been absolutely disgusted. I travel across the world and this is the worst airport I have ever encountered - even domestic airports in India are 100% more efficient that Manchester. I will not willingly travel via this airport again.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"thoroughly disgusted with this service"

Trip Verified | We arrived on EZY1972 from Funchal at 10 pm. We had at least a 20 minute wait for the airport staff to bring the ‘steps’ to the plane. After finally disembarking, after passport control we entered the baggage collection. We had to wait at least 30 minutes before some luggage started to arrive. There were quite a few other passengers waiting from other destinations. I was thoroughly disgusted with this service. One can not even call it customer service, as certainly the airport staff do not understand the meaning of that word. Goodness me, what an impression that must make on first time visitors to England. Come on Manchester Airport personnel, pull up your trousers, get over your tea breaks and ensure the airport runs on well-oiled wheels and not something from a third world country!
Date VisitDecember 2017

"whole experience is a hit or miss story"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | As a frequent flyer in and out of Manchester Terminal 3 the whole experience is a hit or miss story. I have had it from totally awful to not a single problem. Terminal 3 is almost devoid of shops other tham those selling food or drink. The one hour free WIFI in this modern era is a joke, it can take upto 30 minutes to get online. Arriving from overseas into Terminal 3 is a love hate affair. I have stood there for 45 minutes waiting in line to use the electronic passports checking system. There needs to be at least triple the amount of these machines, better still get rid of them and employ more Passpory Control Staff to check passports or better still bring back the IRIS System, brilliant system never understood why it was taken out of service. Today 5th December was a good day back on 30th December lets see if it is like todays experience.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"we will go to Liverpool next time"

Trip Verified | Absolutely horrendous. Security staff were overworked, understaffed and very rude. We missed our flight after having to queue for over an hour to get through, everybody was being body searched and luggage was literally overflowing. Attitude of staff was appalling and now they say we cant have a refund because we were late. The gate had closed, the plane was there with steps still attached and doors open but the pilot refused our boarding. Think we will go to Liverpool next time.

"not user friendly"

Not Verified | I always praised Manchester airport where I found that passengers were treated with respect and not cattle. Why oh why have they removed the drop off zones, forcing people into car parks, where they struggle to pick up, cannot park and have to make their way into the terminal to pay, so its not even efficient. People were getting short tempered, blasting horns, because of the situation you have created, not user friendly.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"awful staff at security"

Trip Verified | Departed from T3 on Sunday November 26th. Standard amount of people queuing but awful staff at security. They seemed very stressed and were shouting at people and altogether very inefficient. Took longer than usual to get through. I am a frequent traveler and this has to be the worst airport I came across in Europe.