Manchester Airport

"money grabbing and shameful"

Not Verified | New drop-off parking charges are slimy, money grabbing and shameful. We are really scraping the barrel in this country now aren't we? Every day in the U.K. is an obstacle course of fines, charges and threats. I realise companies need to turn a profit, but why does everything have to be so complicated and threatening? Manchester airport, just bung an extra fiver on the ticket price and get rid of all the depressing barriers, rules, hi-vis trolls and ugly warning signs please. Can simplicity and common sense awaken in this petty, punitive, miserable country?
Date VisitAugust 2018

"too small, too warm, too overpriced"

Trip Verified | Terminal 3 - too small, too warm, too overpriced. Lounges turn people away claiming they’re full despite that not being the case. The rest of the terminal is small and crowded with stag do’s and overpriced bars with no seats. No air conditioning throughout leaves you feeling too hot, with an empty wallet and praying that your flight leaves early to escape the drudgery of this pitiful excuse of an airport. The only positive is that the whole place has a roof, so at least the Manchester weather can’t dampen your spirits.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"grumpy, rude and arrogant staff"

Not Verified | Today 17 August just arrived at the airport met by grumpy, rude and arrogant staff. At Finnair business check in there was no greeting from a miserable check in woman, and they are really bad at the security section. This is the worst airport that I have ever been to.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"poor standard of services"

Trip Verified | I was appalled at the poor standard of services and general environment. The line for customs clearance was ridiculously long with only three customs officers for an A380 arrival. It’s hard not to compare to Australian airports and having arrived from Dubai it was shocking to experience this. The floors were filthy, the toilet facilities were dated and dirty. Sorry Manchester airport but if you want to be recognised as a high standard international airport you really need to pull your socks up
Date VisitAugust 2018

"Droppers and collectors beware"

Not Verified | Dropped my son off last week at terminal 3. Took about 3 mins, cost £3 collected him tonight, collecting car parking badly sign posted, arrivals badly sign posted. Queues for passport control and no signage to car park pay station meaning by the time I found a pay station I'd been parked roughly an hour n half. Cost £9.50. Utterly appalling. Droppers and collectors beware. The place was chaotic. £9.50 and one of the lifts was out of order.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"45 minutes with no air conditioning"

Not Verified | Awful! Security took 45 minutes with no air conditioning with an infant. On way back waited over an hour for luggage! Not the first time! Just an awful airport and needs to step it up! I would be ashamed at providing such a poor service and constant delays! Ruined a nice holiday!

"just unacceptable"

Trip Verified | Manchester airport has got to be hands down the worst airport I’ve travelled to/from. Having moved from London two years ago when I would travel from both Heathrow and Gatwick regularly I have since had to travel from Manchester. And my word how far behind it is! My recent holiday was a good example of how poor it is. This review is based on a journey during summer holidays so it will be busy which I appreciate there are more people travelling, but some of these issues are just unacceptable. The security queues are a joke. To be shouted at the whole 45 mins that you are in the queue is unacceptable. I can’t think of a worse way to start a holiday. Other than the stress of finding a parking bay to be dropped off in and be charged for the pleasure of it! Multiple customers needing to be pulled out of the security queue due to them missing their boarding times. But of course, at Manchester airport, if you fancy paying then no problem. In addition, the airport is filthy dirty. I took my 5 year old into the ladies toilets at 6am to be met with an over flowing sanitary bin! Not a pleasant sight for him or me. Come on Manchester airport! This is disgusting. On the return this week unfortunately it was no better. Passport queues were marginally better than I’d experienced last time but arriving into T1, no one seemed to be able to tell me where the “pick up area or designated place” was. This included the info desk who told me it had all been changed three weeks ago! Well congratulations on completely screwing it up. This resulted in us needing to catch the tram one stop to eventually find the person who had been trying to collect us! Next time I will be travelling from Liverpool. If Manchester wants to become the northern powerhouse then it’s going to need to do something about its airport because this is actually embarrassing.

"an appalling dump"

Not Verified | Awful, embarrassing for Manchester. I exited Manchester, went via Frankfurt, Dusseldorf to Munich, plus 4 days around Munich. Then came back into Manchester at around 23:00hrs. What an appalling dump. Scruffy, un-loved, badly designed, the airport seemed to be struggling with the numbers coming through at that late hour even. The pens ahead of the Passport Control are like nothing I've ever seen outside of Penrith cattle market. The queue going through the Green - Nothing to Declare - was around 60 people and took maybe 10 minutes. The whole place looked like a patchwork of make-do short term efforts, nothing planned, just make-do. Mid stay car park for 4 days = £200. Manchester - hang your collective heads in shame.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"the worst airport I have been"

Trip Verified | It is the 6th time that I've travelled from this airport because this is my home town for the time being. I can say that this is the worst airport I have been so far in my entire life. Staff are rude, cleaning service is below average, baggage comes one hour after flight lands and all this in the busiest airport in the UK (after the London airports). For the last 3 flights, I used Leeds Bradford airport which is much smaller, only an hour by train from Manchester and thankfully is much more business minded and quick. As for Manchester, here's what happened today. Last time I departed from Manchester, the Uber dropped me in the new drop-off area as Manchester has enforced a £3 pounds minimum fare for everyone that wants to get in the terminal area. After they drop you off, you can get the free (thankfully) shuttle bus to drive you to the airport (which takes 10 minutes in normal time). Today, we arrived with a 2-hour delay from my destination, we arrived at 00:39 and got our luggage at 01:10. I was searching for the shuttle drop off bus but there are no signs at terminal 3 and so I was waiting for 10 minutes there. I asked 2 bus drivers who did not know that bus and in the end, thankfully I went to terminal 1, where the bus had previously dropped me. I finally found the driver who told me that this is the staff bus and could not take me (for crying out loud, there is a dedicated staff bus for the same place but not for the 25 million passengers that the airport handles). Thankfully, the driver has showing understanding and let me in. The moment we arrived, he dropped me in the drop off area where I tried calling again an Uber cab. Then the good part started: The security guard told me that there this is only a drop off place and not a pick up place. So I had to go back to the airport and call for a cab there. Finally I went back to terminal 1 (after 30 minutes had passed) and yes, the management had succeded; I did not use an Uber cab but instead I used their private taxi service paying 25% more. Definitely I would have used the train to go to Manchester centre but as it was 1 am and everything was shut, I had no choice. It seems like the taxi drivers lobby won there.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"What next will you be charging for"

Not Verified | Congratulations Manchester airport you have now managed to rinse every bit of money you can out of the people who drop off your customers at your airport. What next will you be charging for, fumes we breath within the airport perimeter. Not impressed, nothing more than money grabbing.