Manchester Airport

"longest queue to border control I have ever experienced"

Verified Review | My first review, but have been experiencing awful service at Manchester Airport for many years. Today, 23rd September was no exception. Arrived to the longest queue to border control I have ever experienced in all my international travel at any airport. To top it all the delays resulted in my wife having to pay £6.50 for parking. Is this a way to Extort monies from passengers - delay them so you have to pay extortionate parking prices? No pick up points to purposely force people to park!

"MAA are way behind"

Unverified | How Manchester will be able to run another terminal is beyond belief. They are unable to do this currently with 3 terminals. Response times are appalling, customer relations non-existent. "What they say goes" attitude. Queue for passport control farcical, no air conditioning on, saving money or failed? Walked 2 mile to cover 100 yards. MAA are way behind, big changes if this expansion does happen.

"security is chaotic"

Verified Review | Travelling to Amsterdam. Normally use Terminal 1 as usually travel with Emirates. On this occassion, travelled for weekend break to Amsterdam with KLM. Terminal 3 at Manchester is very poor. Why re-check in, when you have done so online? The check in lady was very rude and had no humour in her brief interaction. Security is chaotic and could be a lot better. Very few restaurants in the departure area with the exception of a new KFC, which at 10am in the morning is not what I would expect. Toilets were dirty (not like Terminal 1). The waiting area at departure gates could be better and appears outdated. Wifi was poor and did not work. Could not even access mobile data on my 4G enabled smart phone! Boarding the flight via walking outside and not through an airbridge surprised me, given most airports these days have this option, and it was raining heavily on our day of departure! I am pleased to hear Manchester Airport is being re-developed as it definately needs it.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"Appalling baggage collection service"

Unverified | Appalling baggage collection service. I travel extensively and never experience such shocking service other than at Manchester. Now been waiting 50 mins and still at least 70% of flight has no sign of bags. Beyond appalling - and no staff in sight at all. I wouldn't give a 1 if I didn't have to as minimum rating.

"totally disheartening experience"

Unverified | Through no fault of our own myself and my husband were unfortunate to have our flight to Pisa cancelled last night. The attitude and disinterest of all the staff involved was upsetting to say the least. We were herded around with no-one appearing to have any official strategy to work with. Most of the staff we approached more or less said it wasn't their problem. This obviously cannot be the first time a flight has been cancelled. Getting us out of the airport should have been a well tried and tested operation. Instead it was frustrating, disorganised and left me and probably my fellow passengers feeling completely baffled by the lack of willingness to get the situation sorted out. It was a totally disheartening experience.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"I'm disappointed in my local airport"

Unverified | I was amazed to find that when we arrived at the airport for an early flight there was nowhere to get a drink or a meal. We were told nothing opened until 4am which meant we had an hour to wait. There wasn't even a drinks machine! I am disgusted that in a so called international airport this happened. There should be a 24 hour service, after all, flights leave 24 hours a day. Interesting to note that the duty free tills were manned 24 hours! As a Mancunian I'm disappointed in my local airport. It's embarrassing.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"Disgracefully disorganised with snappy staff"

Unverified | Disgracefully disorganised with snappy staff. The traffic outside is horrendous and makes for a very poor experience. Food is inedible and costs the earth (£16 for pasty that a dog wouldn't eat and sausage roll that was revolting). Going home is farcical. Usually 2 people checking passports, 1 person directing failed auto passport checks back into the queue (70% hit rate at best). I've counted 5 people stood around instructing us how and where to queue, an abject lesson in poor use of resources. Don't try to manage a queue when you could process more people, it's an absolute mismanaged shambles of a business.

"massively unkempt"

Unverified | I'm fortunate to have travelled extensively and I have to admit that Manchester Airport is one of the worst I've encountered. The customer service is terrible, mostly every member of staff is extremely rude and aggressive, with a superiority complex. The airport is massively unkempt, the checks through security are disorganised. The electric passport checks never seem to work and create more time delays than normal (human based) verifications. Unfortunately, it is the closest airport to my place of destination else I would avoid the airport like the plague. Sadly, most airports in the UK follow a similar suit, and I think this is reflective of the UK airport industry where infrastructure is poor, despite charging high costs to its customers.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"Consider Liverpool next time"

Unverified | Flew out to Paphos on 2 Sept. 2 hour delay sat on the tarmac due to ground staff not emptying the aircraft toilets. Then had to wait for a new slot. Returned on 9th and again an hour late. Informed by pilot that this was due to being delayed at Manchester again. Is Manchester airport taking on more than it can handle? As a final blow the baggage handlers managed to wreck 2 suitcases. The handle on mine is jammed solid and the pull up handle on another has been snapped in half. Consider Liverpool next time.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"over zealous and rude security officials"

Unverified | What a dreadful airport. I fly twice twice week on business and never had I experienced such over zealous and rude security officials. I was made to wait 20 mins in a queue with many others while they searched my coat, which went through the x-ray, for a suspicious lip balm! I travel every week throuh Heathrow with the same and have never been stopped. Manchester airport security is a job creation scheme. Avoid tho airport if you can it is a miserable experience.