Top 100 Airlines

Malaga Airport

"only 2 security staff on duty"

We travelled from Malaga Airport on Sunday 18th September around midday. The queues at the initial security check (hand luggage etc) were very long but did keep moving albeit at a slow pace. However, the final security check (passports and boarding cards) was diabolical for C departure gates. I have never seen such long queues which were entirely due to there only being 2 security staff on duty. I estimated that there were approximately 1500 people waiting to go through to their departure gates, people were beginning to panic about missing their flights and subsequently tempers flared amongst travellers and staff. Eventually the security staff began to panic and called the police. Thankfully the police were able to act as additional security and check the passports and boarding cards of travellers. There appears to be a significant lack of airport staff to carry out the duties befitting a major airport. Tourists bring in a huge amount of money in to the Costa del Sol and this should continue to be encouraged by providing a much better experience of their main airport. I will think twice about visiting the Costa del Sol in the future. I will also attempt to submit a complaint directly to the airport authority, but they do not make it easy to contact them.
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"whole experience being poor overall"

Verified Review | The airport and in particular the queue (or complete lack thereof) at security was awful. I can honestly say I felt unsafe due to the chaos, normally tolerating all the inconvenience of air travel security without much thought. Not only were the start of the conveyor belts for loading your personal items set back from the area, meaning queuing against the flow of people waiting to join the queue, but there were bottles of water lying around and I kicked a polythene bag under my feet which I assume was a bag with water bottles in it. There were no security staff overseeing this area, so no-one checking if these left items were in any way dangerous! It was so bad, I am likely to avoid travelling through this airport again - I value my life and security and this place is not safe. The noise, heat and general chaos of the place added to the whole experience being poor overall.
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"lack of aircon is disgraceful"

Verified Review | Currently sitting in airport. The temperature inside is over 30 Celsius. The queues are chaos. The lack of aircon is disgraceful and potentially dangerous. The security queue is totally disorganised and it is poor memory to leave Malaga with after a great holiday
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"let down by poor facilities"

Poor services at Malaga Airport. Only one Bureau de change is available and charges high fees. Vending machines happily took money but dispensed no products. Toilets didn't seem to get cleaned or bins emptied all night (arrivals and departures). General service / queueing was fine but let down by other poor facilities. WiFi didn't work once.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"disability assistance abysmal"

Malaga Airport disability assistance provided abysmal service for my family. On both the outward and return journey my wife and I were subjected to inordinate delays. The staff seemed utterly disorganised and stood milling around filling in forms while passengers were left unattended and completely uninformed. On the outward journey my wife and a group of about 10 other disabled passengers were quickly taken off the plane in wheelchairs but were just as quickly left in a remote location and ignored for the next hour. Helpers were passing backward and forward but seemed clueless. On the return journey we approached the assistance desk with hope, and were soon attended to. However, once the form was filled in we were left unattended and uninformed for over an hour. When I asked for information an employee told me they were too busy to move us. Now remember that you have to book assistance, so it should not come as a surprise that they have customers. If we know that there's an hour-long queue we will be content to wait our turn. But if you leave us uninformed and puzzled, we will be upset and anxious. After another long wait I abandoned hope and took my wife through security and boarding with whatever assistance I could scrounge. The arrival at Manchester was a blessed relief with staff only to willing and able to handle our needs.
Date VisitMay 2016

"a joy to use"

(Spain)

Malaga airport is, in comparative terms, a joy to use. As with all airports the bars etc are a bit pricey but in all other respects it is difficult to fault. Drop off and pick up are not only free but are under cover and as close to the entrance doors as humanly possible. "Blue badge" disabled users are allowed even closer. Security is swift and the staff pleasant and professional. There is a good range of shops, ranging from tourist tat to high end shops. Everything is clean and well maintained. Signage is good, but if you are leaving from "B" it is quite a trek, so leave time to get there. If you are travelling within the EU cigarettes are cheaper at the Estanco next to express parking, departure level, than they are in the airport duty free shop. Departure gates are not listed in the airport until about an hour before departure, but are listed on the AENA website several hours before. Yes, there might be a last minute change, but I have yet to have found it wrong.
Date VisitMay 2016

"spoilt the end of our holiday"

We were delayed for 1 hour at Malaga Airport due to delay of incoming flight from Leeds due to weather. The check in and security procedures were OK. We flew with Jet2. We had just ended our fabulous holiday and had been travelling for 3 hours to get to the airport. We decided rather than be unhappy about the delay just to end it and use the extra hour to treat ourselves. We chose the Seafood and Champagne Bar as a special treat for my Birthday as we would now be late home and miss our family awaiting us. We sat down on two of eight vacant stools, there were two staff operating the bar which was not in our opinion over busy. Neither of the staff acknowledged our presence, we waited 15 mins to be served. The staff member who served us was very aloof. He served both glasses of wine and spilt some of mine out of the glass, he just moved away and disregarded it. After 5 mins we asked the lady to serve us and she did so with a smile, very pleasant. We did want another drink but felt very let down with the service and atmosphere so we paid our bill. We moved to The Sports Bar and they were very busy but the service was brilliant. Such a shame as in our opinion The Champagne Bar should be the best experience in The Airport. I don't usually fill in these forms but felt it had spoilt the end of our holiday.
Date VisitApril 2016

"the most disorganised place"

I don't normally write reviews. However, after finding myself in the fourth ridiculously long line I have somehow found the time. This airport is possibly the most disorganised place I have been. I have never seen so many ridiculous queues in my life. Make sure you turn up early or you may miss your flight.
Date VisitApril 2016

"long queues at security"

When will they sort out Malaga airport? Long queues at security, signage is garbage. In the gate area there is 1 cafe for multiple departures. Queues for toilets, no toilet paper. Been twice from this airport both times had bad experiences and that's out of season.
Date VisitApril 2016

"did not mind our time at AGP"

I'm surprised at the more recent negative comments about Malaga and hope that it is not growing trend. (we will be there again this coming Sept.) We arrived from YYZ via MUC and the only hiccup was being told that we go to Belt 35 when as "international arrivals from within Europe" we really had to go to 39 inside the Customs zone. Once we found the luggage, we had a pleasant exchange with an officer of some sort and headed out to meet the relatives awaiting us. Right into the train station and off to Fuengirola in jig-time. Our return was a tad bothersome as we did arrive too early for check-in (about 9:30am) Found seats in the T-3 concourse no problem. (lots more in the T-2 zone) Check-in for Brussels Airlines was perfunctory but not unpleasant (maybe as we were Biz-Class?) The only disappointment was at Security as AGP does not offer an "express queue" for those travelling better than Economy. Cannot comment on the food offerings, service, seating, etc as we spent our time in the Sala VIP which we found to be very good as airport lounges go. We did use the small amount of free w-fi awaiting check-in with no problem (multiple devices means more free access). Overall, we did not mind our time at AGP but were thankful that we used the new T-3 and not the old T-1 section.
Date VisitJune 2015