Malaga Airport

"No smoking area after check in"

Not Verified | Way too busy for the size of the airport. Staff that is more busy chatting to one another than helping customers. The check in desk/bagage drop off only opened 1.5 hours before departure, despite the staff all sitting there for an hour already chatting to each other. Then, an enormous queue for passport control. No smoking area after check in, you wont have time for that anyhow. Diner places after check in super crowded, more queues, expensive. Couldnt find a point to be picked up either at arrival, when not travelling by taxi or bus.

"shops were closed"

(Finland)

Not Verified | No baggage drop until 2 hours before departure. No services at the baggage drop area after 9pm. Business lounge closed 11pm although flight departure at 0100am, and the quality of the lounge was under all criteria. Person at the service desk tried to be helpful, which was positive. All the shops were closed at that hour.
Date VisitApril 2018

"service in this airport has been appalling"

Not Verified | From start to finish the service in this airport has been appalling. When we first got into the airport we asked a member of staff for directions because the departure gates weren't signposted for which he didn't seem to care and just sent us the complete wrong way. Our flight was cancelled and delayed 24 hours however we did not receive food vouchers and when I went to go and buy some food from soho coffee, I didn't even get a hello or thank you from the woman behind the checkout and had my change and receipt thrown back in my face. The staff here are so rude and have not been understanding at all. When we thought things couldn't get any worse our flight was further delayed, my phone because I wasn't expecting to be stuck here for this long ran out of battery and I needed somewhere to charge it for my boarding passes. There was a switch on the side by a cafe unattended so we just asked a member of staff if we could just use that for five minutes and explained the circumstances, the woman snatched my phone off the side started shouting at us and shoved it back in my hands. I honestly am glad to be out of this airport and do not wish to return. I understand it was late and everyone was tired but that does not give the staff the excuse to treat us the way they did, we had been there for 24 hours so expected to be treated with a little more respect.
Date VisitApril 2018

"a really bad experience"

Not Verified | It was a really bad experience from the start. The check in were slow and inefficient. We nearly were late for our flight because they were so bad. Not only that they were arrogant and didn't seem to be concerned their service was bad. The security staff were the same. I don't think I would like to go to Spain again. A really disappointing experience.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"one of the better Spanish airports"

Trip Verified | Used the airport several times during the winter months to / from the UK, and in these low season periods it is really quite a nice airport. Distance from car park to check in is just a few minutes, the security queues at various times of day have been short and staff polite. Shopping is adequate for a regional airport, the food and beverage choices are based on cafe style offerings, and price / quality ratio is good. Even the toilets have been clean on all visits. The downside is a depressing and rather cramped C gate boarding area, and in peak season this must be horrific. That aside, one of the better Spanish airports.
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"It is far too busy"

Unverified | You arrive at the airport looking for Terminal 2 which was the departure point for our Ryanair flight. We found ourselves to be in terminal 3 and spent ages looking for a sign for terminal 2 - there wasn't one! Why there is this fantasy of having 3 terminals when in fact there is just one large terminal, baffles me. There needs to be a complete rethink as to how this airport is organised. It is far too busy for it to continue in this shambolic way.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"It's disorganised chaos"

Unverified | Malaga Airport has to be the worst Airport that I've had the displeasure of departing from. It's disorganised chaos. Nobody had a clue how to get to a departure gate as believe it or not, there is not one sign for Departure Gates in the whole airport. People were walking around in circles asking one another where you had to go for departures. When we finally got to Departures, it must have took a half hour from when we put our bags on to the conveyor belt (which in fact wasn't automatic) to walk through the walk through scanner. It was like the staff were asleep and not one bit friendly. Next we had to line up for Passport Control. Two staff were employed to deal with a queue of a couple of hundred people. An incident occurred here involving a family and one of the Passport Police in relation to being late for their flight. They requested to skip the queue as their flight was departing presently. This turned quite nasty with the official becoming very aggressive and quite nasty. This in front of young families was very disturbing and could have being handled much better than it was. We were at the Airport three hours before our flight and were one of the last on the plane all because of the mayhem that occurred at this Airport. The Airport should be taken in hand and a proper management company put in place to run it. It's a thundering disgrace.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"The airport is horrendous"

Unverified | I travel a lot with work and for pleasure and I have to say this is the first and last time I'll travel here. The airport is horrendous. If you are a family with a small child you have to queue with everyone else and they only have one scanner that will allow oversized objects to be scanned (push chairs). The staff were rude and quite frankly more likely to talk to each other than help customers. The queues for security are a free for all with people pushing in jumping the lines, especially if you are with children or with special assistance people. It took ages! We also sat on the plane next to a family with a disabled teenage son, who the ground crew at the last minute decided that a they may need to stop sitting in the reserved disabled seats and discussing the boxing match that night and help getting the on teenager on the plane. Eventually the father had to carry the teenager onboard himself.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"Generally I have found it very good indeed"

Verified Review | My wife and I have used Malaga Airport four or five times every year starting in 2008, always with hold baggage to check in. Generally I have found it very good indeed. In winter, I have dropped off my hire car just 80 minutes before scheduled departure time: in summer, I allow another hour. Occasionally we have been pulled from the Easyjet drop off queue to catch their Gatwick flight, and perhaps Easyjet could man more desks at peak times. However, you get what you pay for and I have nothing but praise for them. On only one occasion have we had to politely request to queue jump at passport departure control. Sometimes the automatic inbound passport readers have not worked, but this has not been a problem. I have been flying since 1960, and this airport is certainly no worse than others. There are areas where it could improve, mainly extra manning at check-ins, security and passport control, but as an airport mainly catering for holidaymakers it has to cope with huge variations in passenger numbers over the course of a year. They need highly-trained staff and hiring seasonal temps could risk our security.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"long lines for security"

Verified Review | Very busy and quite efficient airport. Check in is reasonably smooth but requires time as there are many passengers dropped of by buses, ie lots of people to be processed at the same time. There are long lines for the security check however. Check in area is reasonably clean. In departure terminal: too many travelers compared to the services offered. No decent book shop.
Date VisitJuly 2017