Top 100 Airlines

Malaga Airport

"the most disorganised place"

I don't normally write reviews. However, after finding myself in the fourth ridiculously long line I have somehow found the time. This airport is possibly the most disorganised place I have been. I have never seen so many ridiculous queues in my life. Make sure you turn up early or you may miss your flight.
Date VisitApril 2016

"long queues at security"

When will they sort out Malaga airport? Long queues at security, signage is garbage. In the gate area there is 1 cafe for multiple departures. Queues for toilets, no toilet paper. Been twice from this airport both times had bad experiences and that's out of season.
Date VisitApril 2016

"did not mind our time at AGP"

I'm surprised at the more recent negative comments about Malaga and hope that it is not growing trend. (we will be there again this coming Sept.) We arrived from YYZ via MUC and the only hiccup was being told that we go to Belt 35 when as "international arrivals from within Europe" we really had to go to 39 inside the Customs zone. Once we found the luggage, we had a pleasant exchange with an officer of some sort and headed out to meet the relatives awaiting us. Right into the train station and off to Fuengirola in jig-time. Our return was a tad bothersome as we did arrive too early for check-in (about 9:30am) Found seats in the T-3 concourse no problem. (lots more in the T-2 zone) Check-in for Brussels Airlines was perfunctory but not unpleasant (maybe as we were Biz-Class?) The only disappointment was at Security as AGP does not offer an "express queue" for those travelling better than Economy. Cannot comment on the food offerings, service, seating, etc as we spent our time in the Sala VIP which we found to be very good as airport lounges go. We did use the small amount of free w-fi awaiting check-in with no problem (multiple devices means more free access). Overall, we did not mind our time at AGP but were thankful that we used the new T-3 and not the old T-1 section.
Date VisitJune 2015

"wifi is impossible to access"

Malaga airport is bright and clean. My main concern is that wifi is nearly impossible to access. I have travelled through Malaga several times and have never been able to get wifi. Even the information desk does not appear to be able to help. The other issue is one in many airports - after going through security, one must go through duty free to access the departure gates.
Date VisitFebruary 2016

"staff were a joke"

(Indonesia)

Arrival into Malaga mid week very quiet. I was one of the first off and arrived at the luggage belt in quick time. It took too long for the luggage to arrive, they clearly unloaded the aircraft then loaded the departing cargo before delivering our luggage to the arrival conveyors. I met a family friend at the airport a week later. The problem started as we tried to access the rental car area. As we had met outside the terminal we couldn't get back in which you had to do. The staff were a joke and either had no idea or couldn't care less. Wouldn't like to see it during the peak times.
Date VisitNovember 2015

"long, confusing queues"

Malaga Airport is an efficient, quick and busy airport, like the majority of the airports in Spain that I have been to. Unfortunately, Malaga Airport is surrounded with rude staff who have absolutely no idea what they're doing. We arrived at the airport just over 2 and a half hours before our flight. We found an information screen that told us our check in desk and stated that it would open in 40 minutes. The lack of seating in the departures area meant that we had to stand in the queue for the 40 minutes, until an airline representative approached us. They told us that this check in desk would not be opening (when it clearly stated on the information screen that it would) and that we had to join another queue, the same length as ours, to be checked in. The airline representative was understanding and was quite kind to us. Because of some sort of 'operational issue', we then had to wait another 20 minutes for the miserable check in staff to turn up. When we were demanded to the check in desk, we were faced with a miserable woman who was very rude and abrupt. She had absolutely no manners and snapped at my partner when asking questions about our luggage. The only positive thing I can say about the check in staff was that they were quite fast and efficient. We then took a long walk from the check in area to security, where we were faced with long, confusing queues and a lack of signage. We were stood in the security queue for about 20 minutes which was completely unacceptable, considering our delay at check in. A lot of fellow passengers were clearly showing anger however the airport staff weren't bothered and didn't care. When we got to the front of the security queue, we were shouted at and almost pushed to a security desk. The security staff were too busy talking that they didn't realise that there was a box blocking the way in the scanners, and completely ignored us when we tried to tell them. A rude man then told us that our hand luggage had to be investigated further. He took us to the side and spent another 20 minutes looking through our hand luggage. We explained to the man that our boarding would start in about 30 minutes, and we wanted to get something to eat. He was extremely rude and showed a lack of understanding which infuriated us. He then said 'They're fine. Bye.' which was quite rude in itself. He showed no manners whatsoever. Then we quickly went for something to eat, and made our way to our boarding gate. There was only 4 benches at our gate, meaning that there were only 16 seats for a flight with nearly 200 passengers. The airport clearly shows no logic whatsoever and show a lack of consideration in passenger satisfaction. However, the boarding staff were very polite and very efficient. Despite the earlier delays in check-in and security, we thought that our flight would be on time. But, then we saw stairs taking us down to a coach. We were about half-way down the queue and the coach was already crammed and completely full. The coach went to the plane (which was about 5 minutes away) and we had to wait about 10 minutes for another coach. By now, fellow passengers and ourselves were completely fed up. It is safe to say that the end of our holiday was a ridiculous experience. An international airport such as Malaga should know better on how to make sure passenger satisfaction is good and needs to ensure that it's flights are running on time. In the end, our flight left Malaga with a 20 minute delay.
Date VisitOctober 2015

"security staff have no idea"

Security staff have no idea. Had issues with a bag that's been through security at dozens of other airports because it has an anti-slashing protective mesh. Also, they don't like mini-tools (without a knife), even though, again, no problem at any other airport (although sometimes they want to take a look at it). The bag has gone through US security multiple times, Canadian, Chinese, German, English, Czech, Thai, Vietnamese, even Spain itself - in Barcelona - just fine. Suggest you get there earlier than usual.
Date VisitOctober 2015

"improve the speed and efficiency"

Please improve the speed and efficiency of your Customs protocol. This was the worst Airport I have ever been to, and the longest I have ever waited in line just to show someone my ID. 3 hours in line. I missed my flight because of this. This is the most unorganized business I have ever seen.
Date VisitAugust 2015

"no help whatsoever given"

Malaga Airport - Desperate airport. No help whatsoever given, also queued to check in for 1 hour and 15 mins with two desks ope,n by the time we left the desk we had 25 mins before boarding. We then had to go through security where they took their time also. I will never return here.
Date VisitSeptember 2015

"check in/bag drop staff have, frankly, been as miserable as sin"

This will be the third time in 18 months that my partner and I have departed from Malaga Airport. On all of these occasions, the BA check in/bag drop staff have, frankly, been as miserable as sin. We check in online, so we only need to drop out bags off. Arrive a little early to avail yourself of the Club Europe lounge and you'll be wasting your time. Strict two hour before boarding rule on bag drop opening (and believe me, they are unanimous in that) while they 'busy' themselves shuffling papers and looking as sour faced as you please. They couldn't be any less friendly, welcoming and customer-caring. Note to BA: these people are the guardians of your brand and customer experience. Doesn't say a lot about you as an organisation that you allow these miserable crones to deliver (read trample over) it. Look sharp and think on.
Date VisitSeptember 2015