Malaga Airport

Review by (United Kingdom)

Checked in easyJet at T2, and given a departure gate through T3. I could see no reason why speedy boarding at Malaga would be worth the money, firstly my wife and I were the only people checking in, and then when you get to the gate, OK, there is a speedy boarding entrance, but all passengers are shepherded onto the air bridge to queue in the order that they pass through. Just as well I didnt pay for it. Access to departures is through a large Duty Free shop. There are other smaller Duty Free Shops beyond this point. Security was a breeze. Having said that, we were travelling on a Friday, and I suspect if this had been Saturday, it wouldbe a different review. Overall experience good.
Date VisitJuly 2015

Review by (United Kingdom)

First time to Malaga airport, must admit very clean tidy and spacious especially being Spain's third busiest airport. Staff very pleasant and helpful although we had to demand to change check in queue as woman was extremely slow and we had not moved in over 10 minutes so was ushered over to bag drop queue where 10 of us promptly checked in and when we looked over at our original queue the people in front of us still hadn't been checked in! None the less a nice airport.
Date VisitJuly 2015
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure

Review by (Belgium)

My husband and I have had an excessive security check at Malaga Airport on Thursday 12 March 2015. While we both acknowledge the need for effective security surely the security personnel should have a certain level of intelligence and above all common sense. We are both 70+ and are seasoned travellers. My handbag was searched and although I had inadvertently left a fresh pear in it it was not noticed. I had to remove my boots despite there being no heels I had travelled wearing them from Brussels to Dublin and then Dublin to Malaga and did not need to remove them previously. My husband had to remove his belt and his braces despite the fact that his trousers were falling off him he suffers from Parkinson's and he was frantically trying to hold up his trousers with his trembling hands - of course he was furious and this did not help the situation. The Security person called someone who looked like a policeman and mumbled something to him in Spanish. My husband's computer was switched on by the Security person - how could that be necessary? Again I underline the need for common sense which was very thin on the ground at Malaga Airport.

Malaga Airport customer review

Review by (United States)

Very nice spacious and modern terminal facility. The same issue I had with Madrid Airport I have with this one for lack of gate assignments for your flights until one hour prior to departure. They should please rectify this.

Review by (United Kingdom)

Have been through Malaga several times since my last comments in 2011 and each time there seems to have been some change. This time we found the road exit and ingress were different: no longer does one pass the San Miguel factory but instead there is an almost direct link with the motorway system which is an improvement. Less helpful was the signage from the hire car return area to the terminal which was actually confusing and we had to wander backwards and forwards until we recognised somewhere familiar. Once in the terminal itself everything went fairly smoothly apart from finding the shortest route through the unavoidable "duty free" area. By careful studying of flights already boarding we were able to anticipate the likely gate area for our flight though we didn't go through passport control till we were sure having got it wrong on a previous transit!
Airport Shopping N/A

Review by (United Kingdom)

I have used this airport twice now. You arrive into the beautiful gleaming new terminal 3 with easy transition through passport control and out to the very efficient train station. Getting back home is a different story. You check into the brand new gleaming terminal 3 but if you are directed into lounges B or C don't go through until you absolutely have to! This is the depressing old 1960/70s part and looks it. Most UK flights go back from these lounges and they are drab with 1 tiny duty free shop a poor self service snack bar and the air conditioning is woeful. Even the staff were suffering with the heat. You cannot avoid going to these lounges but put it off until you have to and stay in the new terminal which is state of the art.

Review by (United Kingdom)

Ok flying into airport but chaotic departure. Person on check-in desk gave us wrong time for boarding and we nearly missed flight as result. Airport toilets were smelly and catering was overpriced and poor quality. When we went through security nobody was watching monitoring screen as my bag and two others passed through scanner! Car rental drop-off is also a long way from terminal building.

Review by (Portugal)

Malaga airport is very well run spacious and cleaned to very high standards. Everything seems brand new and airport staff are mostly friendly. Outside the airport where you catch the taxis or bus the atmosphere is quite stressful though. There's a wide selection of shops for every taste.

Review by (United Kingdom)

This has got to be the worst airport. I have limited mobility so had to use the assistance service. What a shambles. The girl running the department was at best very rude and at worst only worried about herself. We sat in this department for 2.5 hours (despite numerous requests that we be taken to our boarding gate) they only took us when the airline rep phoned them to say they were doing final boarding and waiting for us. I had to try and walk from the departure gate onto the plane. I will never fly to Malaga again.

Review by (United Kingdom)

The kindest thing I can say is that it is a disorganised shambles. On arrival not too bad got our bags then a long walk to get out. Ok but on departure half the departure screens were not working so didn't know where to go to check in. Finally did then the queue for security is overly long because its so badly thought out and run. When you do get through its hard to find anywhere to sit. The limited food outlets are hugely expensive all with large queues. As others have said when you get to the gates there is very little seating so expect a long stand before you board. Oh yes don't use the toilets unless you have to they are the smelliest I have come across for a long time. Without doubt the old airport without the extension was far better. Next time although arriving at here we depart from Gibraltar Airport for which we are eternally grateful.