Lyon Airport

Terminal Seating N/A

Review by (United Kingdom) 8th July 2014

Traveled back from Lyon using Terminal 3 to Stanstead via Easyjet and I must say it wasn't the nicest experience. My girlfriend and I decided to stay and eat in the departures area to use the eating facilities there because I had heard that Terminal 3 had not much in it all of the places available to eat were understaffed resulting in very long queues. Once I got through to Terminal 3 (did so pretty quickly) although security were extremely rude I used my iPhone as a boarding pass and you have to scan it through before going through the security scanner. It seemed I had my brightness on my phone too low for the scanner to be able to scan and all the security person would do is scream at me for about 2 minutes shouting "light light" while I'm getting all flustered. It wasn't until another security person said "brightness" I realised what the issue was. Once through to Terminal 3 it was clear that there is totally an inadequate amount of seating resulting in many people standing. The women's toilets were closed for nearly 30 minutes while they were being cleaned usually toilets are cleaned while still open in all other places I have been. Once going to your gate to start boarding Easyjet scan your passes and then you are put in this kind of holding area while you wait for plane boarding to start. They managed to squeeze about 250 people in an area of 10 meters x 10 meters with no seating and we were standing there for 50 minutes before boarding the plane. totally unacceptable.

Review by (United Kingdom) 30th June 2014

Just travelled back to UK via Lyon Term 1. The incompetence beggars description. The queue to get through security took 2 hrs! The staff ranged from woefully incompetent to being totally indifferent. When I moved close enough to see the scanners I saw the staff shouting "allez allez!" Ah I thought now they realise there's a problem wrong! It was lunch time and 3 scanners became 1 as the staff left at the double. No replacements. Stopped a member of staff to complain - he shrugged and said "c'est Francais!" Totally incompetent - on an industrial scale. I recommend you avoid Lyon at all costs - walk home - it'll be less painful and probably be quicker.
Terminal Cleanliness N/A

Review by (United Kingdom) 25th May 2014

I have to agree with the reviews of Lyon Terminal 3 here. Not only is it woefully inadequate for the number of travellers using easyJet through it but also for UK departing passengers who have to go through passport control once you're through there are no facilities at all - not even a coffee bar. If your flight is delayed as mine was by over 2 hours there is absolutely nowhere to buy anything except from vending machines. Terrible place.

Review by (United Kingdom) 15th September 2013

Lyon airport (terminal 3) is the worst airport I have experienced in my life. Lyon airport (T3) has endless queues very few facilities inadequate toilets (none at all in some areas!) insufficient seating (again none at all in some areas) inadequate food and drink outlets I could go on. Lyon also gains the prize for the highest number of times I was asked to show my documents to an official. Lyon is the third largest city in France and the citizens should be ashamed of terminal 3 and the manner in which passengers are treated.

Review by (United Kingdom) 10th October 2012

Lyon terminal 3 is an easyjet-specific terminal but it is more than adequate for the budget-conscious air traveller that it is designed for. Its staff are courteous and efficient.

Review by (United Kingdom) 10th June 2012

Flew back Lyon to Stansted Sat 9 June. Waited in a queue to check in baggage for 1 hour that hardly moved. Eventually with the flight nearly due they started checking in Stansted passengers. Complete shambles. Once through that the immigration queue were dreadful too. Much could have been achieved with better staff training and organisation.

Review by (United States) 21st May 2012

The very first time I travelled through this airport and was surprised. I arrived and departed from terminal 2 this regional airport being much better than some reviews said it was (even though I do believe that Terminal 3 can be terrible). Nice overall staff helpful clean a few facilities (for a regional airport).
Airport Shopping N/A

Review by (France) 16th April 2012

Airport was overall a good experience. Nice looking terminals 1 and 2 (not 3 though) Staff welcoming and spoke English. Spotless clean toilets and terminals (again only apply to terminal 1 and 2). Good heating and shops available. Terminal 3 is terrible not very clean and badly treated. T3 extension is not that bad looks a little better. Transportation to the city centre is terrible for the second biggest French city I was expecting something like the RER in Paris. Good overall.

Review by (United Kingdom) 18th September 2011

I agree with previous reviews describing this as a "Tent". My wife and I have just flown back to Edinburgh with Easyjet from Lyon Terminal 3. The only other way to describe this 'Terminal' is a cattle shed. It was smelly - mostly body odour dirty hot the toilets were filthy and at the very least lacked sufficient seating. Furthermore after going through passport control at gate 10 we were herded like cattle into a holding area to stand for over 20 minutes. It was a completely unpleasant experience I shall never repeat. This type of service may be acceptable in a developing country not in western Europe. Easyjet should be ashamed to treat it's passengers in this way. I have flown with Easyjet to a number of different locations and never had occasion to complain about any aspect of the travel experience until now.

Review by (Denmark) 25th October 2010

Small regional airport. Terminal 1 and 2 looks okay and this is where more or less all shops and restaurants are located. Had decent lunch for 20 euro (main course and coffee). Terminal 3 is a bit of a walk from all this and it looks to be a temporary "tent". There is one or two shops and a snack place. Very limited seating and you'll need to walk on the tarmac to the easyjet airplane. On a rainy windy day this might not be much fun. Worse the french passport control was a joke with one person checking each and every passport. That takes a while for 150 passengers - the same story on the return flight! Also be aware that there is a problem with parking at this airport during holiday seasons. It is very expensive and they tend to run out of empty spaces.