Top 100 Airports

Lyon Airport

"queues for busy destinations are mixed"

Lyon Terminal 3 for easyJet - only because the price of tickets is low that one can accept such a service. Piddly food bar, even with 45 min to spare the queue and the speed of service does not always allow time to buy a coffee. The queues for very busy destinations are mixed with others - one wonders why they put so few seats.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"queue for security stretching back past check-in"

Last night I was shocked to see the queue for the door to security was stretching back past the check-in desks at Lyon airport Terminal 1. Once my boarding pass had been scanned, there was still another queue before getting to the scanners, only two of which were operational with another massive queue at border control which I was still in at my flight departure time. People coming off the scanners were not joining the queue at the end but pushing in front, with officials not caring or dealing with this. I agree with previous poster that those on earlier departing flights were pulled out to go to front of the line which meant that others waiting were delayed longer. It seems like such a shambolic system. I've made this journey several times this last year but this is the first time I've experienced these terrible delays, although sadly it seems like a very common occurrence according to reviews here.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"departures very poor"

Arrivals in Lyon was OK, but even dashing off plane from the front row, immigration took 30 minutes. Departures very poor. BA check-in didn't open until 1.5 hours before departure, then a huge security queue and the departure area ispretty grim. No BA lounge available.
Date VisitJune 2016

"insufficient space and understaffed"

For a city of the size of Lyon one would expect a professional airport. How big was our disappointment when me and my family tried to depart. Terminal 1 has insufficient space for the number of passengers and is understaffed. Although we arrived on time we barely managed to catch our flight due to long queues to pass baggage check and passport control. What makes it even worse is that passengers arriving too late are actively taken out of the queue and get priority treatment to catch their flight. This means that the ones arriving on time simply have to wait longer. One would almost suggest to arrive late in order to get priority treatment. Have been at many airports but never experienced such bad departure process and service - avoid.
Date VisitApril 2016

"clean but inefficient"

Lyon is a clean but inefficient airport. This starts with one of the terminals being under construction and the work-around that means a lot of long back and forth walking. Massive passport check lines due to lack of staff, people pushing and jumping the queue, yelling, no reaction or organisation from the airport staff.

"two hour wait"

Two hour wait in security line. No information. Just made flight. Won't use this airport again as they don't care. Too many people complaining and some panicking, any announcements made were in French. Very few toilets. The worst airport I've experienced.

"curt and unhelpful"

Arrived on a short flight from Spain and the processing through customs control took longer than the flight. 2 customs officials for 300 passengers. Staff were curt and unhelpful. I know that there is "added security" at French airports due to the recent attacks, but standing in a queue for more than an hour at the end of a flight from another EU country is pathetic and unnecessary.

"not a good airport"

This was the 2nd time I have a flight departing from St Exupery. There are a lot to complain about, but the most annoying part is the fact that sometimes they do the announcement only in French. There was an announcement about changing of gate, and they kept announcing it in French, which did not make any sense whatsoever for an international airport. In addition to that, almost everywhere it seemed like there is always not enough space. Queuing pass the security, they managed to make 3 rows of queue when there was barely enough space for 2 persons standing side by side. Overall not a good airport, but since I am working now in Lyon, I won't be able to avoid it
Date VisitDecember 2015

Lyon Airport customer review

Traveled back from Lyon using Terminal 3 to Stanstead via Easyjet and I must say it wasn't the nicest experience. My girlfriend and I decided to stay and eat in the departures area to use the eating facilities there because I had heard that Terminal 3 had not much in it all of the places available to eat were understaffed resulting in very long queues. Once I got through to Terminal 3 (did so pretty quickly) although security were extremely rude I used my iPhone as a boarding pass and you have to scan it through before going through the security scanner. It seemed I had my brightness on my phone too low for the scanner to be able to scan and all the security person would do is scream at me for about 2 minutes shouting "light light" while I'm getting all flustered. It wasn't until another security person said "brightness" I realised what the issue was. Once through to Terminal 3 it was clear that there is totally an inadequate amount of seating resulting in many people standing. The women's toilets were closed for nearly 30 minutes while they were being cleaned usually toilets are cleaned while still open in all other places I have been. Once going to your gate to start boarding Easyjet scan your passes and then you are put in this kind of holding area while you wait for plane boarding to start. They managed to squeeze about 250 people in an area of 10 meters x 10 meters with no seating and we were standing there for 50 minutes before boarding the plane. totally unacceptable.

Lyon Airport customer review

Just travelled back to UK via Lyon Term 1. The incompetence beggars description. The queue to get through security took 2 hrs! The staff ranged from woefully incompetent to being totally indifferent. When I moved close enough to see the scanners I saw the staff shouting "allez allez!" Ah I thought now they realise there's a problem wrong! It was lunch time and 3 scanners became 1 as the staff left at the double. No replacements. Stopped a member of staff to complain - he shrugged and said "c'est Francais!" Totally incompetent - on an industrial scale. I recommend you avoid Lyon at all costs - walk home - it'll be less painful and probably be quicker.
Terminal Cleanliness N/A