Lviv Airport

Terminal Seating N/A

Review by (Poland) 9th March 2015

Flew WAW-LWO-WAW last week. The airport is very big and airy and clean. No problems going through passport control either way and no issues with security. The airport is quite empty but it has a duty free section some places to drink a coffee or have something to eat both inside and outside the departures so quite satisfactory. With the huge fall of the Hryvnia the prices in the coffee shop are reasonable the gift shop (Baltona) is not a bargain as they quote in Euro. Travelling to the city is about 80 Hryvnia by taxi which is now about 3 Euro. There is free wifi that worked fine for me. I would not hesitate to fly through Lviv again.

Review by (United States) 19th January 2015

Once again I used Lviv Airport four times in August 2014. Very satisfied with facilities and staff who work there. Definitely beats many USA airport who have a lot to do in order to improve.

Review by (Canada) 20th August 2013

Very modern terminal which improved a lot since last year and is far more superior that some airports in Europe. Air bridges free Wi-Fi and excellent staff customer service. I certainly recommend Lviv airport and definitely would fly there again.

Review by (United States) 8th February 2013

The new terminal is very spacious and it was apparent they were putting in additional shops and services but was under construction when we departed. Very clean and modern. One thing I miss about the old terminal is that it was right on the end of the electric tram line. So you could walk out of the airport to a tram and pay about 2 dollars for a ride into the city. You can still get to the tram but it's an awkward walk. You have to walk about 15 minutes to reach it. Also the kantor/currency exchange was outside of security so after we had gone through passport control I couldn't exchange money. So hopefully they'll fix that. There was free internet near a cafe but couldn't easily find power. So most people had to run off of battery. There was a nice hotel we had used in the past (affordable and clean) but it was closed for renovation. Hope they don't raise the prices upon reopening. They really jazzed up the airport and city for the world cup.

Review by (United Kingdom) 20th September 2012

Extended and refurbished runway is so much improved. New Terminal building constructed for Euro Cup 2012 is really nice and well designed. With lots of space very clean and spacious. When I arrived on the flight from Warsaw we were coached to the international arrivals where all 80 or 90 of us cleared passport control in under 10 minutes. Baggage was on a belt also in about 10 min after we disembarked. It was a pleasure to use such a lovely little airport and o much improved.

Review by (United Kingdom) 19th September 2012

A brand new airport which is large and spacious but lacking in facilities. Our gate was in an area where there is no catering and no access to a part of the airside where we could even get a coffee. Staff are not all that friendly here but it seems to be efficient with little queuing (though not all the many flights either).

Review by (United States) 7th September 2012

The new airport is a large airy and often empty building. Flew to KBP and connected to RIX on Friday morning and we were the only flight for 4 hours. Although there was no other plane at the airport instead of parking the VV ATR 72 by the gate they parked it over at the far side of the old terminal necessitating a long and completely unnecessary bus ride. Check in was quick and so was security. There was a small cafe after domestic security and nothing else. Oddly the signs pointing to domestic gates didn't match the number of the gate shown for our flight. Looking to the terminal from the front domestic gates are to right international in middle. A cab to the airport was about 20 minutes at 8.15. If you take the trolley bus I think it drops you at the old terminal so you'll have a walk of a couple blocks.

Review by (United States) 29th August 2011

I've been through Lviv 9 times in the last 2 years inadequate in terms of terminals. Always been treated very professionally by customs and immigration. I do not speak Ukrainian but have had no problems. Be polite and respectful they are doing the best with limited resources.

Review by (Canada) 10th October 2010

Airport is quiet and bags were thrown onto a buggie by men who drove it to the terminal. There two armed army officials stood beside the door we entered through. The airport is dark no lights were on and archaic. Customs performed by rude russian speaking officers. Customs involved being yelled at by a woman demanding to search our bags and ignoring her by simply walking through. Picked up bags at a door where they were dumped straight from the plane through a door. It's no wonder our plane's crew stayed onboard re loaded and were out within 30 minutes! Booking flights here is a mess as all western airlines depart late in the day to accommodate their turnarounds.

Review by 14th June 2010

I have flown to/from Lviv several times dating back to 1996. The wait for baggage and going through customs is tedious I speak Ukrainian so language is no problem but don't like having to fill out the customs declaration which you have to keep in your passport until your return home. The last 2 times I flew there my baggage hasn't arrived even though there was an hour and a half between connecting flights and I had to go to the airport the next day to pick it up - LOT's fault not the airport. There airport is to be rebuilt with modern facilities in time for the European Football championships in 2012.