Los Angeles LAX Airport

"all employees are inattentive"

Unverified | When arriving from an international flight an inattentive employee opened a security door causing a high pitched continuous beep to continue for 15 minutes. I thought my troubles were behind me now that I was returning home on a domestic flight, however I was sorely mistaken. I arrived for a 4.30 am flight at 2.30 am and was unable to check my bag until 3.30 am. The Southwest employees were late and rude. Without adding anything to my bag - their scales showed my checked bag was over by 3 pounds. After that issue was resolved I promptly went through security and off to my gate in terminal 1. About 15 minutes before my flight boarded at 4.15 am the same loud beeping from an inattentive airport employee who left a security gate open again continued until it was my turn to board my flight at 4.45. Now this issue seemed to be with Southwest - but overall all employees are inattentive to their own security rules. Why have travelers go through security when the airport employees disregard our safety, comfort, and clearly do not even value us as customers?

"Travelers deserve better"

Verified Review | What a mess. Bag drop in different terminal. Very long security lines. They screened my belt, smart phone and shoes twice. “Because they missed it”. All restaurants in terminal 2 gate 22 area were full with virtually no seating and gate also was very limited. My wife and I had to sit separately. Makes flying an awful experience. Travelers deserve better! Will avoid LAX in future.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"A nightmare of an airport"

Verified Review | A nightmare of an airport. I've frequently come through LAX to visit my daughter in Los Angeles. I arrived at 7.30pm last Wednesday on an Air New Zealand flight into Tom Bradley terminal. After clearing the electronic passport readers quite quickly my happiness turned to despair as I was forced to queue through secondary immigration for a further 2 hours. The official asked why I was here and when I replied to stay with my daughter and son in law he asked if I liked my son in law. I was in no mood for banter and ignored his question. He repeated it until I answered. It is like a third world airport with no clocks seating or clearly marked toilet areas. I was so long in immigration that my suitcase had been dumped on the floor next to the carousel. The staff are rude and the experience is enough to put you off using this terminal again. Absolutely horrible.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"lines for TSA were absolutely horrendous"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Overall, LAX has improved a lot over the past ten years. But, this time the lines for TSA were absolutely horrendous. The worst I have ever experienced. It was a 40 minute wait just to get to the screening area. This is unacceptable. This is mickey mouse. This is not making America great again. They could do a lot better. There were a lot of screening lanes closed. This is simply a lack of budget. This is very poor. Bad management. It leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Otherwise, the international section of this airport is pretty good. Once you get past the security.

"poorly-equipped for travellers"

(Philippines)

Verified Review | LAX Bradley is another US airport that is poorly-equipped for travellers. There are no clocks for travellers to know the time, insufficient number of seats, no seats and tables in the smoking area, no information desk, over-priced duty-free shops (all items are cheaper outside and no cellphone service. The so-called free wifi service is very largely non-existent. My advice is avoid LAX at all costs.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"check-in area was not congested"

Verified Review | This was my first time flying from Terminal 1 after renovation. The terminal was beautifully decorated for Cinco de Mayo festival. There were plenty of self-serve kiosks and the check-in area was not congested. The TSA security line was also short. After security, the rest of the renovated terminal had a familiar look and feel (nothing that makes you go "Wow"). I was able to find a place to sit, relax, and utilize the free WiFi by LAX.
Date VisitMay 2017

"no clear signs"

Unverified | I've been through LAX a couple times before on same terminal connections and never really had an issue until today. I wandered around one of the terminals trying to figure out how to get to my connection in another terminal without leaving. I finally asked security staff at the exit and he was rude and really not interested in helping out. He told me "I don't know, you're on your way out right?". When I said that I was trying to connect to another airline, he basically didn't really want to help me but he eventually asked which airline, and he then said "I don't know". I got frustrated and told him that I'd ask someone else for the way to the international connections. Nobody there to help at all. Finally fluked out and asked a service counter for help and they pointed me through Gate 22 downstairs and into a lineup for a shuttle. No clear signs, nothing. I then made it to Terminal B, I must've walked around for 30 minutes before I could figure out what's happening because the departures board doesn't say anything beyond a couple hours at a time (my flight is leaving in 3 hours from now). I finally gave up and went to the lounge for my airline and saw a screen listing the gate. About the only thing decent was the overpriced sushi lunch and oh, yeh, I get free internet. I'm not looking forward to my return in a week's time. I guess in this case a 6 hour layover worked out for me - brutal.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"boards were not regularly updated"

Unverified | We connected flights from Seattle to Manchester Uk. We were told to go to terminal B and were directed to use the underground walkway. We kept looking at the boards and no flight information was provided. The boards were not regularly updated either. We checked the departure information on their website but this did not show our flight. We asked at least 4 different people who all reassured us that we were in the correct terminal. As the time for our flight drew closer we became more and more anxious. We were advised that there was no information desk. We went to the British Airways desk and they made a call and told us that we were in the wrong terminal and needed to be in terminal 6 (the terminal that we had come into in the first place. Communication at this Airport needs to be improved massively as this situation should not have arisen.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"procedures not effective for transit passengers"

Unverified | Flight from Paris to Papeete (french Polynesia): we had 2 hrs in transit from arrival from Paris to departure to Papeete. Immigration and customs procedures took approx 1h 55 min! All lugages of French passengers were systematically controlled by customs. It's too long. We ran from customs to the aircraft to embark just before the doors closed. I think the procedures are not effective for transit passengers: I don't understand why transit passengers have to leave the international area and to be checked by customs in the same check point than passengers just checked in.
Date VisitMarch 2017

"worst airport experienced"

Verified Review | Los Angeles is the worst airport I've ever experienced. Staff are rude, ignorant, and unable to provide any useful information at all. Information desk was antiquated with no computer screens in sight, and an equally antiquated staff member bought out some dusty old book with which she retrieved a whole lot of useless information and pointed me in the wrong direction. There was no useful signage for departure / check in, no information on baggage collection apart from one screen with very small writing that was displayed sideways (impossible to read). On more than one occasion recently I have found the security staff to be loud, bossy, obnoxious and clearly untrained in PR.
Date VisitAugust 2017