Los Angeles LAX Airport

"problem was the lack of care"

Not Verified | I was on an overseas flight. When we arrived at the airport, I had about two hours to get where I needed to go. Plenty of time, except for the delay. I do not blame the airport of any of the airlines for the delay to clarify. I am unsure as to why they had a delay, but imagine it could have been technical - these are overseas planes we are talking about and I am all for them being as safe as possible. The problem was the lack of care I experienced at the airport. When I relayed my nerves about getting to the place on time, the staff seemed apathetic about it. Sure enough, I missed my flight by about five minutes. Like my luggage made it on, but not me kind of close. Now if even one of them had cared enough to offer me a ride or radio the plane to wait, this could have been avoided. Most of them could see that the time was close and even remarked on it, but made no move to actually help me with the problem. But instead, through no fault of my own, I am currently waiting an over six hour layover with no guarantee I will even get on the next flight. The staff for rescheduling were fairly sympathetic and patient about dealing with a very tearful me, since this was not the first major thing to go wrong for me.

"poorly air conditioned"

Not Verified | Terminal 3 is terrible. TSA agent was very rude and I saw him throw a bag across the rollers hitting the plastic bins. Get into the terminal to find that it has a relitively small waiting area that is poorly air conditioned. Temp inside was 78 and muggy, you couple this with some people not bathing properly and it makes for a bad wait. Keep the air cool.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"hot, humid and smelly inside"

Trip Verified | It was the worst airport experience I’ve ever had! I arrived in the terminal where there were no family restrooms and when I asked about it I was sent to the nursing room instead. The nursing room is another bad story! It was next to the restroom and didn’t have any ventilation. It was hot, humid and smelly inside. After couple of minutes with my baby I felt sick and we left. In the therminal we find a family restroom but with other name. It was “All genders restroom” guess what? They all were busy because everyone wants to go and check the restroom so we have to wait and wait. One of the doors in “all genders” restroom was broken. It let you in but you can’t go out. I pushed an emergency button but they didn’t care and I was rescued when other mom with a baby pushed the button from outside. The people on the checking point were rude! I had to wait a long time for my stroller because they placed it on the side and forget to check it, finally when it was cleared, they told me go back to the scanners and pick it up but in that time my baby was so tired and frustrated so he laid down on the floor (very dirty by the way) and cried so I couldn’t move anywhere and I begged them to bring the stroller to me and they just stayed there. Finally one of the passengers brought the stroller to us. I changed 5 different planes in two different countries that day and LA airport was the worst!

"Worst customer service"

Trip Verified | I was forced to check a small backpack even though it was small in size, fit under the seat in front of me on the way to LAX and was much smaller than everyone else’s carry on items. They forced me to check because I was carrying a very small cross strap purse around me and considered that multiple personal items even though every other female in line had a purse and backpack or carry on item. Worst customer service at LAX airport than I have ever experienced in my life.
Date VisitJune 2018

"Worst arrival delays in 25 years"

Trip Verified | Worst arrival delays in 25 years of coming to LAX: stalled queues, exit queue serviced by only 4 agents. Terminal 3 elevators: 1 not working and the other does not take you to a door. Third world mobile/cell coverage in the terminals Restrooms in T3 smell.

"Shame, shame on you"

Trip Verified | LAX should be ashamed of themselves, treating your customers like cattle. The stress of arriving to (and from) the airport (and it's not just the new construction). Cattle going to the slaughter house are treated more humanely than the unfortunate people who frequent LAX airport. The only slight relief was the refreshment area which lasted one second till he told me the price of a bottle of water. Shame on you. Were we paying for all that excessive marble and advertising glitz in Arrivals? (Thats a whole different complaint). You should be looking at how other airports address the traffic. Barcelona for one, who separate the buses, shuttles, taxis etc from the cars. Its a great stressless experience. Great unassuming restaurants that you pay reasonable prices, shops that cater to the masses instead of the wealthy. Your mantra seems to be grab as much money as you can from the unsuspecting victims and then wait for them to complain. Shame, shame on you. The employees are miserable and rude, not a smile or welcome from any of them. Being shuttled like cattle to the airplane in a miserable over crowded bus. Shame shame. Look at Gatwick airport, where they have a hotel in the airport for early morning travelers, where they have a train station that is an elevator floor away from check in. Stressless and a great experience. LAX is a stressful money grabbing people barking orders mass of confusion. Hateful experience. I would like my money back for the excessive price of the bottled water. Shame. When I return I will no doubt have a horrible experience but when I glance at the marble and the glitz of the advertising my thought would be "why did they spend the money on this instead of finding a way to eliminate the lines, the traffic, the confusion, the miserable employees, the expensive shops and the the most unwelcome airport ever.
Date VisitJune 2018

"wait through immigration is insane"

Trip Verified | The wait through immigration is insane. Spent over 90 minutes just waiting in line. The people there are so rude. After a long flight the last thing you need is to be standing in a hot airless area for a ridiculous length of time. Been to many airports all over the world and this is by far the worst. My main complaint is the arrivals immigration debacle. Not a great first impression for people arriving from other countries. It’s an embarrassment.
Date VisitMay 2018

"had a miserable 5-hour layover"

Trip Verified | On a recent trip, I had a miserable 5-hour layover at LAX on a flight from Dallas to Eugene. American Airlines flights to Eugene are out of the American Eagle regional flight​ annex at LAX, which resembles a third-world airport more than a major US facility. These 9 gates are a long bus ride on the tarmac from the main domestic terminal. They might as well be in Long Beach. There is a huge traffic jam getting to and from these flights, with passengers waiting up to 20 minutes to even board a short bus. The annex terminal has few services, with only a small deli for food. They do have a lounge out there, but were not selling day passes that day, due to construction at the lounge in another concourse. Like most of LAX, you get kicked off the WiFi every 45 minutes, unless you watch an ad or pay. While my flight was fine, the ground services and facilities from American Eagle at LAX are as bad as it gets.
Date VisitJune 2017

"TSA needs to improve"

Trip Verified | TSA needs to improve, they are rude, unorganized and plainly the worst employees. The process is slow and they treat us like criminals without reason and to make it worse we pay the consequences of their inefficiencies. No one is holding them accountable something needs to change and improve the process. They need more training and made me miss my international flight after my bag was re-scanned 3 times because the bin “was dysfunctioning” and the scanner did not “take a picture.” That occurred multiple times before changing the bin. Then my partner was calling to relay information to the gate, but they would not allow me to even answer my phone which was ringing right in front of me, they treated me like a criminal for wanting to answer my phone. So I missed my international flight. I wanted to make sure this did not happen to others so I submitted a claim/complaint but nothing happened and no one did anything, we didn’t even get an apology let alone reimbursement or an assurance that they will improve and not let this happen again.
Date VisitMay 2018

"main criticism is the baggage carousel breakdown"

Not Verified | After arriving I was put on a later connecting flight to Seattle with Delta Airlines instead of Alaska Airlines due to the delayed arrival of my Qantas flight, from Australia. The nightmare started after I entered the LAX international terminal, The first bad experience was the baggage carousel, which was going to handle my flights luggage, broke down. They waited for 30 minutes before deciding to bring my flights luggage through another carousel. This was putting catching my new connecting flight at risk. I finally got my checked luggage, cleared customs and was directed to the connecting flights area. After another 30 minute wait, my luggage was checked in on a Delta Airlines flight and instead of a boarding pass, given an A4 piece of paper and told curtly to go to terminal 2. At the crowded terminal 2 I was curtly told by terminal 2 staff to use one of the check in kiosks. The kiosk would not accept the information on the sheet of paper. Luckily some Qantas passengers, who were in the same predicament as me found someone who finally gave me my boarding pass. I finally got to the boarding gate with 10 minutes to spare. To sum it up, my main criticism is the baggage carousel breakdown and their refusal to bring our flights luggage through a different one and the unpleasant and impersonal airline staff who treat anybody who is unfamiliar with the terminal like a sheep.
Date VisitJuly 2017