Los Angeles LAX Airport

"Unbelievable wait for clearing TSA"

Not Verified | Unbelievable wait for clearing TSA—over 30 minutes at American Airlines to board a domestic flight. This after checking in Priority. Earlier this week I arrived at LAX and the Super Shuttle was located in an outdoor smoking area. This sometimes feels like a third world country airport.
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"not rocket science to organise a good airport"

Not Verified | Worst airport in the world award goes to LAX Airport. Have been to many airports in the world but nothing like this mess of a place that is called an international airport. People are treated like sheep because the place has been set up as such. The workers there have to be given a medal each to manage to work in such a place which has no vision of what an airport should resemble. All they need to do is look at other airports - Singapore, Auckland, London, Paris and see how they are managed. It's not rocket science to organise a good airport.
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"I am embarrassed this is in the USA"

Trip Verified | The dirtiest airport I have ever been in around the world. The restrooms are very filthy, they need full time attendants. All of the facilities including check-in area and the TSA check points etc are obsolete and filthy. This is like a third world country. I have traveled around the world extensively and I am embarrassed this is in the USA.
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"in a state of confusion and anxiety"

Trip Verified | Although the staff on the ground/coalface/chalkface/in the trenches seemed to be doing their best to be friendly and efficient, the dynamics of the system they are trying to run are apalling! It feels like no-one has thought through how a prospective passenger can actually get through the hurdles of check in, security, passport control etc. People are therefore constantly in a state of confusion and anxiety. I find LAX to be the worst organised airport I have passed through in the last 35 years.
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"workers are rude and unfriendly"

Not Verified | Awful airport. Terrible design. You have to exit terminals and ride a bus to other terminals or to make your connection. The airport is dirty and the workers are rude and unfriendly. The restaurants are way too small, dirty and mediocre to awful food. Who designed these small restaurants with no seating? LAX website brags about their newly remodeled and trendy restaurants. What a joke! LAX needs to take some service and design lessons from Atlanta. What should we expect from a bunch of liberals? Exactly what you get. A workforce that acts disgusted that they have to work, filthy facilities and awful design.
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"the worst experience I have ever had"

Trip Verified | This is the worst experience I have ever had while flying/connecting internationally. And that is after I didn't think my horrible experiences at John F. Kennedy International Airport could ever be surpassed. But they did. At first, I was very pleasantly surprised at the immigration lines. The wait was much less than expected, the terminal is new and beautiful, lots of staff to direct travelers. But then the nightmare started: I was already prepared that my luggage would not make it because of a severe delay in arrival when connecting in Frankfurt, Germany. Frankly, I was completely at ease with that, I didn't mind, it is not the first time this has happened, and I usually pack accordingly. However, for some reason there was a delay in delivering everyone's luggage that did make it, to baggage claim. No biggie, I thought, I had 2.5 hours to connect after clearing immigration! There were multiple announcements overhead where they apologized for the delay in delivering the bags, that there was more luggage waiting to be delivered, and to absolutely not leave without the luggage as it would not be transferred automatically. Meanwhile, 1.5hours later, Aeroflot luggage arrived at the same carousel, not one announcement that the remaining Lufthansa luggage would be taken off the carousel on one end of the thing, or that there would not be anything else coming. I started to get nervous because we were now entering the time frame where I might have trouble connecting to my last leg (approx 45 min to go before departure) and asked for the tenth time, what the plan was. Finally someone found out that there was no further luggage to be had, and to start heading for my connecting gate. Lines through customs were nearly a (felt) mile by now. Luckily I was able to use the much shorter Global Entry lines. Then came the shocker. Since I had no luggage to be rechecked, because it didn't make it, a customer service representative directed me to my connecting flight. "Leave the terminal and hang a right to Terminal 7" he said. I left, only to turn around because there were no good signs where terminal 7 even was. He did not offer any further instructions. I started running/walking to Terminal 7. During the 20min it took to get to Terminal 6 there was not one single bus that passed me. I ended up hopping on the bus to take me to the last terminal, because I was running out of steam. And I don't consider myself unfit! Now at Terminal 7, I had to go through security again. Mind you, with all that until now, if I had not been able to take advantage of TSA Precheck, I would not have made my connection because on top of that the gate was the second to last in this Terminal as well. I know of at least 4 more people that would have needed to get on the same plane that did not make it. Never will I do this to myself again.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"it is absolutely disgusting"

Not Verified | I am sitting at gate 45 at the courtesy technology desk and it is absolutely disgusting - it honestly looks like it has not been wiped down in days! Come on - when someone empties the trash cans, please can someone come by and wipe down these desks! It is gross. No wonder people always get sick after they fly - they require cruise ships to have hand sanitizes posted around and they are always wiping down surfaces - what does LAX do to prevent the spread of diseases and protect travelers that come thru this airport?
Date VisitNovember 2017

"Where is the common sense"

Trip Verified | My departure from this airport was one of the worst I have every encountered. I have been stopped on many occasions when going through various security checks, mainly because I have jewellery which bleeps. I've never minded being questioned or having a general pat down, but the procedure I endured at LAX is absolutely beyond comprehension. I am a 72 year old woman, not that that makes any difference, but because of the bleep I was asked to wait in a separate area, and wait I did, for around 25 minutes, I only eventually got someone to do their job when I asked how much longer I would be kept waiting. The young woman advised me that I could go into a private room which I declined, thinking I was just having the "normal" pat down, how wrong could I be. It was humilating, legs apart this way, that way, her hands going down and around my waistband, whilst being watched by dozens of travellers. Where is the common sense, has it totally disappeared. I do realise you have a job to do, but this is ridiculous.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"most unfriendly customer service"

Trip Verified | Flew out of LAX Terminal 2 for an international flight (Virgin Atlantic to London). Going through security was the most unpleasant part of our travel experience at Terminal 2. It felt like TSA implements their strictest security checks and most unfriendly customer service for families traveling with little kids and baby food. After clearing security, we proceeded directly to the boarding gate and didn't find any space for us to sit. In contrast, the security agents at London Heathrow were very polite and helpful, and there was ample seating. Overall, I can't recommend LAX T2 for families traveling with little kids.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"not customer friendly at all"

Not Verified | Awful terminal configuration at Los Angeles LAX. Landing from one airline and having to transfer to another there is no shuttle. Have to go back thru security. Been flying to / from / thru LAX for 40 years. This trip is the last one. Going to fly thru Las Vegas from now on to final destination. And what genius decided that 5 bathroom stalls for an entire wing of the airport was a good idea? Major fail. LAX is a joke! Not customer friendly at all.