Best Cabin Crew

Los Angeles LAX Airport

"whole place was dirty"

This is the worst airport experience I have had in the U.S. We arrived at 12.30 am and had to stay until our flight to Portland at 6 am. I was not feeling well and looked everywhere for a vending machine or store to buy water. After asking we were told there was only a water fountain and it had lukewarm water and was dirty. No food or drink available in the entire airport and you couldn't leave as the checkpoints were closed. The whole place was dirty and I hope I never have to travel through it again.
Date VisitJanuary 2016

"process needs a complete overhaul"

This is a terrible airport, the worst I have visited in the last couple of years. There is no regard for passengers or punctuality. It seems that the airlines have been forced to allow for constant late departures due to inefficient passenger hand luggage x-ray systems. The process needs a complete overhaul. It took us two hours to check suitcases in and have hand luggage/person scans to finally make it through to duty free shopping (nice area) with no time to enjoy the facilities. We had allowed three hours but many people who had allowed less were very stressed. I would try to avoid this airport in future.

Los Angeles LAX Airport customer review

Hate the fact that there is no smoking area in Los Angeles LAX Airport. If I choose to smoke that's my choice, I don't belong to this country and therefore an international airport that is entirely non-smoking is just painful before a 10-18 hour flight. One of the reasons I avoid Heathrow and now need to avoid this one too.

"very open and clean"

TBIT is the best terminal in the United Sates. Check-In hall and terminal area are both very open and clean. I almost feel like I'm in a completely different country. Great views of planes as well. The bathrooms are surprisingly clean. Announcements throughout the terminal. The terminal also has a fantastic food court with lots of variety. The star alliance business class lounge is in a league of its own.
Date VisitJanuary 2016

"traffic gets very congested"

The last few times (maybe 3 in 2015) I have noticed that there is no one patrolling or monitoring the parking at the "white zone" curbside passenger pick-up areas. I have seen many cars parked at the curb waiting for passengers to arrive. This area is supposedly for "immediate" passenger loading and not just a convenient spot to park and wait. The traffic gets very congested because cars that are there to pick up waiting passengers cannot get to the curb so they have to stop in the drive lanes for their passengers to load their luggage and enter the vehicles. This results in all traffic around the arrivals loop to be congested and slow and creates a safety hazard with passengers walking in the drive lanes. There used to be regular security patrols to keep people from parking and waiting curbside but recently this seems to be non-existent. Probably saves the airport a lot of money but it could also be why people hate this airport.
Date VisitJanuary 2016

"there was enough seating"

LAX is still a construction zone, this mainly affected our transit through the power shut-off at the first floor restaurants 4 out of 5 in TBIT were down the afternoon of 12/22 for about 1.5 hours due to construction/safety issues. While TBIT LAX desperately needs updates, cleaner restrooms, more power outlets, there was enough seating so that we could rest between arrival and check-in, and there seemed to be enough enough airline staff to help travelers who needed assistance. There were plenty of carts available (we have two large cases). We walked from from the Domestic gates to TBIT and noticed the unmarked cab drivers were more aggressive than usual soliciting fares, so walk like you know where you are going to avoid being solicited.
Date VisitDecember 2015

"had an awful time at LAX"

I had an awful time at LAX. I had to visit it on four occasions in 2 weeks. When I arrived in from London there were not signs in big saying Brits and Aussies can go through a special line until I found it and that still took ages. I found it weird how there was proper customs after you got your baggage. That was the international terminal. I flew AA to Hawaii, back to LA and then to NYC and that was the worst airport I've ever seen. Even the tiny airports on those Greek islands like Kalamata are better than this. It took around 90 minutes to drop off our bags. In Heathrow it's like 5 minutes. There were no restaurants that sold nice food they were all too expensive and took too long to get a table. The grab and go places had sandwiches selling for $15 and that's not even a nice pulled pork sandwich you get in Malibu!? Toilets are gross, everything is dirty, the people there weren't helpful, there wasn't a drug store/pharmacy, there were not enough seats for anything. We were told entering the USA there was a $1b investment in the airport; it ain't working. I came to LA last year and flew United to Houston and I can vaguely remember a Starbucks. LA choose shoe shining shops instead of medicine shops. I am not flying internally from here ever again in my life..
Date VisitAugust 2015

"felt assaulted by the noise"

I'm not sure which part of the airport I was in. I was at gate 55B in Delta country. This part of the airport has several restaurants nearby, which is appreciated. But, they were all playing different music, loudly. Add in the flight information and people, and I felt assaulted by the noise. I don't understand why the restaurants needed to play their music so loudly. This isn't a college dorm, and I shouldn't be subjected to battle of the music systems. I would much prefer to hear the flight announcements and the chatter of real conversations. Additionally, the food was really expensive. Twelve dollars for a sandwich. Thirteen to eighteen dollars for a taco or a burrito. Plan ahead so you don't need to buy food there. You will probably have to pay $4-5 for water since you can't get that through security.

"a never-ending upgrade"

This review pertains to Terminal 1. Old building undergoing a never-ending upgrade. Facilities don't look clean nor fresh. Male toilets filthy. I don't get why some users love wasting toilet paper everywhere and making toilets a real mess. Wifi non-existing, impossible to connect. Terminal looks cramped making it difficult to move freely around. Poor information on shuttles and baggage claim. It took ages to get my luggage. Conveyors belts must have been there for decades. Security was cleared fast which was really surprising. Please finish the improvement of this terminal.
Date VisitDecember 2015

"what a horrible first impression"

United Airline's Terminal 8 is a disgrace. It looks exactly like it did when I first started flying into LAX as a child in the 60's. The international arrival halls and walkways are narrow, dark, dirty and many ceiling panels are missing. What a horrible first impression for international travellers. The overall feeling and look is depressing. Once I cleared immigration and retrieved my luggage I had a hard time returning to security and my gate for my connecting flight because the signage was poor to non-existent. This terminal is a shocking throwback to the past.