London Heathrow Airport

"Customer service is non-existent"

Verified Review | By far one of the worst airports to depart from and arrive at in the world. The airport security staff are most definitely the rudest, the most arrogant and without doubt the most incompetent set of individuals one could possibly encounter in any customer services business anywhere in the world. I truly feel sorry for tourists entering England for the first time and having to encounter the human zoo otherwise known as Heathrow airport. The electronic passport gates were not all working but this was not mentioned by the one member of staff whose grasp of the English language was sub-standard, people were queuing up in lanes where the machines were out of order leading to a build up of irate travel weary passengers. Customer service is non-existent in Heathrow airport, the security is undoubtedly the worst ever and that goes for all the UK airports!
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"a really easy experience overall"

Verified Review | T5. Dropped the car at meet and greet. Down one floor, across bridge, straight up to bag drop off, quick service there. Through security in quick time, staff all ok. Shopped in three different places and still in lounge in 50 mins from drawing up in car. Can't be bad. Departure from gate practically at bottom of stairs so all really easy. All boarded on time but then the dreaded Heathrow over crowding of slots. Still a really easy experience overall. When T5 works, it really works well we have found. Coming back from Zante shows how good it is.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"All in all a bad experience"

Verified Review | Security staff at Terminal 5 were condescending and rude, likewise the staff at the restaurant. For transit passengers this may be the first or only contact they have with a British person, gives a bad impression of the airport and of Britain. Restaurant had water dripping from the ceiling from an unrepaired air con unit and their only card reader was not working. Gate announcement was late resulting in a rush to building 'C' where the escalator was not working and we had to queue for the lift. All in all a bad experience, I probably won't use this terminal again which is a pity for British Airways who were otherwise good.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"he received no help at all"

Unverified | My brother who has terminal cancer recently flew to and from Canada, via Heathrow airport, to visit his grandchildren. Due to his illness he is unable to carry luggage so had requested assistance on both journeys. Unbelievably he received no help at all. On his return he had to descend 3 flights of stairs. Thankfully a very kind passenger gave him assistance. Your services absolutely stink Heathrow.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"security took less than 5 minutes to get through"

Verified Review | Terminal 5. Minimal queue at bag drop and security took less than 5 minutes to get through, despite being the Friday morning of the bank holiday weekend. The departure area was very busy, as always, but we found a seat without a problem. Our flight departed from the A gates so no need to take the transit, although the waiting areas for these gates do feel cramped. Boarding was orderly. When we returned on bank holiday Monday there was no queue at all for the EU passport gates and our suitcases arrived within 10 minutes. I have to say, I have never had a bad experience at Terminal 5 and use it around 5 times per year. This this may not be representative of the rest of Heathrow, but I always find it a very efficient and slick experience especially compared to the other London airports.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"the terminal is just beautiful"

Unverified | So I haven't flown from T5 before and what can I say, I wish all airport terminals were the same. The personable experience from the lady at security when I said I was a nervous flyer, she was very friendly and reassuring, also sparked up a conversation with me about my travels, it really helped me calm down. So from security I went to itsu, and the food was amazing and for an airport so reasonably priced for what I got. Also, I have to say the terminal is just beautiful, really well designed and laid out, I usually struggle to find gates but as they were all pretty much in one place it made it so user friendly. Definitely flying from here again.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"my quickest and smoothest airport experience"

Verified Review | Leaving and arriving at Heathrow Terminal 5 have been my quickest and smoothest airport experiences for an airport of that size. The arrival in particular was very fast as there was hardly any queue at all at the automated passport control (at rush hour!) and our luggage was on the collection belt as soon as we arrived. On the way out I was astonished by the range of shops after passing security and by how clean the place was despite the number of people passing through it. I also liked the free water fountains for refilling bottles. The only improvement I would suggest would be to make it clearer how long it takes to get to the departure gate, as it was quite long-winded for us due to having to take an underground train and several escalators and conveyor belts.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"he was treated with full consideration"

Unverified | We understand Heathrow to be the busiest airport for passenger traffic in Europe and it certainly seems like it. Considering the numbers that Heathrow serves, we would like to compliment the ground staff and the security staff for their respectfulness and good humour. My father has poor health and a pacemaker. On both our outward and return journeys, my father was called for further screening. At these times, he demonstrated anxiety at being separated from his wife or those who usually assist him. However, as a family we all recognised that he was treated with full consideration, patience and both times he left the screen process laughing with the good humour of your staff. Thank you - you made a potentially distressing security check comfortable and efficient. Besides this, we would not recommend this airport due to its sheer busyness and passenger numbers!
Date VisitAugust 2017

"terminal needs a colourful revamp though"

(South Africa)

Verified Review | Arrival BA054 / 04 AUG 17 from JNB after fantastic BA inflight service. I thought I had arrived at a massive General Hospital! Stark, grey, lacking any form of colour or greenery and utterly confusing. Up and down multiple escalators, catch a 20 sec train ride, super long arrival queues (although well manned and directed), unfriendly Immigration (maybe all countries should send their officials on Customer Services training?). Another long walk to baggage carousel. Departure BA055 / 13 AUG 17 to JNB. BA Fast drop queues very long although well directed with friendly check-in staff manning many counters. Security was a drag- slow and unfriendly. Duty Free area was OK and had some colour to it Wifi connection was bad. BA inflight service very good on this flight - their home base terminal needs a colourful revamp though.
Date VisitOctober 2016

"sat on the apron for an hour"

Unverified | This review of terminal 5 can be broken down into 2 sections. Departure which was very smooth with very little delay at either boarding card check or through security. There were 5 of us, we all sailed through in 15 minutes. We found a seat at a restaurant and had a reasonable meal and a few drinks. We were called to gate 10 and were then ferried to our Qatar Airways plane. Should have been BA but changed due to the strike. A good experience. On return this is with BA we took off on time and were given a 2 hour flight time. We then circled the Thames estuary for 35 minutes Heathrow traffic was the culprit. When we eventually landed we then sat on the apron for an hour as there weren't any free gates apparently because of thunder storms. When we did get a gate we made our way to immigration just in time to see all the e reader get switched off, there were originally 5 or 6 working but they suddenly all turned red. When we went to baggage a sign was flashing saying 45 minute wait for luggage, thankfully we only had hand luggage. We went to the car, parked in the short time car park, where although we had pre paid the machine said we needed to pay £275 to leave the car park. This however was quickly resolved. A really rubbish experience. Completely opposite to departure.
Date VisitJuly 2017