Vote Now

London Heathrow Airport

"clean, efficient and has plenty of good choices"

Verified Review | I still find it strange this airport wins an award for shopping. For the normal commuter or traveller it only has high brand companies in T2 and T5 which are the most up to date terminals. Otherwise it is clean, efficient and has plenty of good choices. Can't complain only really airports in the Middle East can rival.
Date VisitFebruary 2017

"I have waited over an hour and a half at passport control"

How many people does it take to stamp a passport? Apparently no one. Because we waited so long we thought we would never get back into the country. I am here on a visa and I understand that you take passport control very seriously and I tried to be patient. However. As an airport you know when the flights come in therefore should be staffed enough to make it a nice quick experience for the people. If people don't think the British are grumpy they do now. This has happened twice in the last month I have waited over an hour and a half at passport control with 1-2 lanes open. For everyone's sanity please manage your staff better because they are just doing there job and don't deserve to be yelled at by the many people in the line!
Date VisitFebruary 2017

"What a bad impression it must give visitors to the UK"

Verified Review | Obviously in this day and age we expect to have to remove laptops, have liquids checked etc. but I don't understand why Heathrow staff are always so rude about it. They have an arrogant sneer about them if you have not been able to read their minds. It seems because they now have to be more careful about security, politeness no longer matters. I have experienced this numerous times at Heathrow. You don't get this at other airports. Today it was at Terminal 4. What a bad impression it must give visitors to the UK.
Date VisitFebruary 2017

"on the whole a good experience"

My first time from terminal 5. I have heard so many mixed reviews. Outward everything went really well and very quickly. From being dropped off by hotel bus until through into departure took about 20 to 25 minuted. This included not knowing the airport security and bag drop. Had nice breackfast and boarded plane hassle free. Return journey exactly the same hassle free until it came to collecting luggage and that took about 40 minutes. It would have been better if there had been seats to sit on. But on the whole a good experience and I would use again.
Date VisitFebruary 2017

"Easy check-in and quick security"

Verified Review | I have been critical of Heathrow airport in the past but the last half a dozen experiences (Terminals 2 / 3 / 4 over the last 2-months) have been excellent. Easy check-in and quick security, excellent shopping and dining options and the main improvement has been arrivals. Even with immigration, luggage to collect and using off-site car parks, I have been in my car ready to leave 30 to 40-minutes after landing - excellent considering the size of the airport. I know there is a degree of luck with this, but the fact this has been so consistent recently, is what impresses me.
Date VisitJanuary 2017

"nice shops and facilities"

Flew Air New Zealand from London Heathrow Terminal 2 to Los Angeles. Check in really good, fast track security good, security staff were even forgiving when I forgot to empty my pockets. Nice shops and facilities. Only disappointment was the Singapore Airlines lounge used by Air New Zealand which was tired, worn out fittings and poor choice of indifferent food - very disappointing.
Date VisitJanuary 2017

"basic manners from the security staff would go a long way"

Verified Review | The security staff here are both very rude and inefficient. We are customers of the airport, not prisoners here against our own free will. Some basic manners from the security staff would go a long way. They are not representing just the airport but also our country as a whole. Barking orders at people but then not explaining what is going on is not acceptable, nor is it likely to help people progress through security quickly. I understand that they have an important job to do, however this is true in any airport. In most European and American airports the staff are both helpful and polite. Understandably this also tends to mean their lines move faster.
Date VisitJanuary 2017

"prepare for a delay up to one hour"

BA's extensive route network make it an attractive airline to use to get to places. I am using them a lot. This review focuses on a situation that has been going on for years at T5 and it's unacceptable. This time I arrived from MIA at T3 took the airside but to BA's T5. There you are led through the rather efficient stages where someone confirms your connection then sends you up the stairs to go through security again. Getting to the conveyor belt is just a matter of waiting for your turn, it does move. The problem starts when your luggage will not come out of the X-ray machine directly to you, but is rerouted to endure secondary inspection. Luckily mine got straight through but I witnessed what I have seen time and time again. A dozen or more bags waiting to be inspected, very anxious passengers under a lot of time pressure and one security staff member that seems to take an extreme amount of time per bag to investigate, unpack, re-screen, repack etc. Just so painful to watch. These security staff members work unsupervised and there is not a thing you can do to express urgency, ask for sympathy or engage in anyway without delaying the process even more. It's is shameless power play with people under pressure, people that have been traveling for hours, may not feel comfortable, people whose bags come from a 'clean & cleared' situation (because they came directly from a plane and had been previously scanned). It is totally unacceptable and there is nothing you can do. My advice is to unpack anything that might raise concerns: batteries, small bottles, wires, computers, phone etc etc. put that all in separate bins. When you are about to start unpacking, peek over the X-ray to see if there is a difference taking the left or right scanning machine, the left may be empty for secondary checks while the right is all backed up. If you do end up for secondary checks, prepare for a delay up to one hour.
Date VisitDecember 2016

"mostly communication problems"

Arrived to London Heathrow from Amsterdam on a flight to connect to another flight to Chicago. Flight from Amsterdam was late which left just enough time to catch my connecting flight. Signs directing passengers to connecting flights were not very clear. The rep was standing at the bottom of an escalator was a joke as there were 3 different reps from 3 different airlines. No way to tell which rep was from which airline. The instructions I was given weren't clear. As I raced to the gate, I checked the departure list and saw my flight was on time. Stopped by a customer service stand and asked them to contact the gate as I would be late in arriving. They informed me the flight was delayed for 30 minutes. I got to my gate as they were boarding. That experience could have been improved by better signs, clearer directions from BA staff, Airline reps having a proper place to address passengers . Updated flight information. Mostly a communication problem. Never had a chance to experience any amenities at Heathrow. I will do my utmost to avoid Heathrow in the future.
Date VisitJanuary 2017

"investments in the various terminals have paid off"

Flew from LHR to Sao Paulo. No check in queue. No security queue. Flew through in a breeze. Had a meal in one of the lovely eateries in T3. My only grumble is the lack of normal high street shops, ie with things people can afford. It is all a bit 'high end'. Overall, very good though. The investments in the various terminals have paid off!