London Gatwick Airport

"Grumpy and rude staff"

Trip Verified | Grumpy and rude staff at Norwegian check in desk. I missed my flight because of their incompetence. There were 7 people working at check in desk but there was only one person available and the rest of them were too busy chatting with each other.
Date VisitMay 2018

"slow inefficient staff"

Not Verified | Gatwick security yet again is cumbersome, draconian, and totally out of touch with most of the world. Massive queues and slow inefficient staff. Much much easier in the USA these days. Had to do a check of my babies water bottle with maybe 200 mls in it. Just all show and no substance.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"get ignored and left standing"

Trip Verified | I pay for priority boarding in an attempt to make regular travel through Gatwick to Dublin even remotely bearable. Virtually every time I pass through the passport check to enter the gate I either get ignored and left standing, or encounter a very rude member of staff. This only ever occurs at Gatwick airport, and I find the training of these staff in customer service to be appalling. Also, once you have passed muster with the staff, you are then imprisoned in a room with no toilet facilities whatsoever. The only reason I continue to use Gatwick is its location near where I live in Sutton, although an extended trip to Heathrow might well be worth the effort.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"staff we encountered were so rude"

Not Verified | Departure was very efficient with quick turnaround through security and a good range of shops and restaurants. Coming back into the country was awful, the staff we encountered were so rude. We were told to go through the self service machines to check passports and I tried three machines six times and tried to ask for help but the member of staff was so condescending and was talking to everyone like they were stupid. It didn't bother me too much, however I am concerned that this would be the first impression of anyone visiting the UK. I do not expect the staff to be overly friendly as I know they have an important job to do but there is a way to talk to people. To top it off when we were walking though the airport yo get to the exit one of the staff driving the cart to pick up luggage trolleys swore (under their breath) at someone who got in their way. Now I know it can't be fun working at all hours in the day but this was not all nice greeting back to UK!
Date VisitMarch 2018

"Very impressed with the efficiency"

Trip Verified | Used Gatwick South Terminal for my flight to and from Taipei (China Airlines, South terminal). Departure in the evening was easy. My taxi dropped me off outside the terminal and it was a track to reach the departure hall. The first issue is that to get access to the trolley you need to have £1 or €1 coin which is non sense. Check in area was well organised and business passengers have access to the premium security with no queue at all. Even the normal security seemed organised. I was through security in less than 3 minutes. Arrival was also easy. After I left the airplane it was a 5 minutes walk to the immigration. Using e-gate there was no queue in the afternoon when I arrived (3pm). It took me less than 10 minutes from leaving the airplane to clearing immigration, and when I was through the luggage were already waiting in the reclaim belt. Very impressed with the efficiency. I used taxi in both departure and arrival but am aware that there is ongoing issue with the train service.
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"security was pretty easy and quick"

Trip Verified | I took EasyJet, a Low Cost Carrier, for the flight to London as well as for the flight back. The airline is being handled at the north terminal in Gatwick which is not the convenient one. However with the free shuttle service it’s easy to move from north to south terminal outside of the airport. Immigration as well as security was pretty easy and quick as well.
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"the staff helpful and friendly"

Not Verified | I booked special assistance this year for the first time. I was so impressed, the service is efficient and the staff helpful and friendly even though some people travelling were giving them a hard time. The special assistance service is excellent and I can recommend it to anybody who has mobility or other problems when travelling. The man who drove the buggy to the plane was very friendly and happy and went the extra mile for myself and two other people using the service. One person in the reception area was complaining that they did not come to the lounge to collect them, I just couldn't believe how difficult some people can be. There is no charge for this service and some people are never satisfied. Thank you Gatwick for helping to make travel easier for people with disabilities.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"Only one word, atrocious"

Not Verified | Only one word, atrocious! The airport is run down, overcrowded, confusing and the staff, well they are absolute pathetic! Rude, unhelpful, ignorant and the staff outside just stand around on their phones. The airport is a big joke, needs a massive refurb and whole load of new staff!

"not overly impressed"

Not Verified | I wouldn't call Gatwick my London airport, but it is now my local airport after years of living relatively close to Heathrow. My first visit to the North Terminal, not overly impressed, however the EasyJet self check in worked well, and the security experience was fine. I suspect that midweek mornings in January are relatively quiet, so I imagine if I was reviewing this in high season it would be a different story. Toilets were unclean and some cubicles out of order. To get to departures there is a long walk through Duty Free. There is enough to keep you busy airside, and ample seating. Long walk to gates for departure, too many stairs to get to Baggage Reclaim after landing.
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"needs to educate it's staff"

Not Verified | This airport needs to educate it's staff in basic manners. Instead of staff being arrogant and obnoxious, they should actually help people, not make personal comments, judgements - when a person says something has gone wrong. Here's an idea: teach your staff to treat people with respect. Please anyone considering flying with this airport, don't. The people who work here lack humanity and your human rights in this place go out of the window when you first enter this horrid establishment.