London City Airport

"putting themselves before passengers"

Trip Verified | Typically they start boarding before the engineers have given the green light so over and over again we are left standing in the stairway while the try and fix an issue. Really annoying to get out of a seat by the gate to wait 20 mins in the stairs. The airport is putting themselves before passengers.
Date VisitApril 2018

"check-in process so unorganised"

Not Verified | I find the check-in process so unorganised! I have been queuing for more than and 1 hour and the queue doesn't even move! Every time is the same story, I like the fact that airport is quite clean but the service is terrible. My back is terribly sore and I can't even immagine all the elderly people in the queue with me. This airport symbolises the word inefficency. I won't reccoment this airport to anyone, anymore.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"Incredibly badly organized security control"

Trip Verified | Incredibly badly organized security control. Approx. 2/3 of the screened luggage has to undergo a manual control for which only 1 single person is assigned. Long queuing is the result. On top, the staff treats you as a half criminal just because you might have forgotten to take out your liquids from the luggage. Completely absurd situation. In cleverly organised airports, such as e.g. Zurich, the security staff (sufficient in number!) helps you to make the right arrangements before the luggage will be screened with the result that the process is quick and smooth.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"appalling security staff and service"

Verified Review | Consistently appalling security staff and service. I travel from City several times per month. On each occasion the security experience is poor, inconsistent in application of TSA rules, preferring to make up what suits them on the day. Staff are rude or bolshy or worse, downright condescending. As a key business gateway for London, this airport operator ought to be doing more for customer service given the airport infrastructure itself is so lacking.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"very dissatisfied with the service"

Verified Review | Horrible security staff service. Bag was flagged for checking by one colleague and I was told the search would be of the electronic item. Whilst she left to get a tray her colleague came and started a new search on my bag. Taking individual contents out of my bag without explaining the reason or type of check. All individual items were taken out of the bag including under garments and toiletries in front of all those in the airport to see. I was not offered a private room to do this or to pack my belongings until I asked for her manager. Manager was helpful in assisting me with a private room to pack my items. However I wish this happened before I was searched. Overall very dissatisfied with the service received at this airport.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"a total lack of Customer Service"

Verified Review | Beware of this airport, the airport has gone downhill since Menzies Aviation have got their foot under the door and become the ground handling agents for BA Cityflyer. On arrival there was a total lack of Customer Service and the staff seemed to of been trained at either Luton or Stansted. When it comes to lost bags they can't give a dam and the companies so called Duty Manager was less than useless. However, saying that the airport apart from everything that Menzies does not touch is the same, Security is first class and the staff are happy in their job. The Cafes sell a first class sections of wares and the and a good range of drinks and food. Borders controls are first class with every e gates open and also had 4 manned gates open, But yet again the ground handling agents let the airport down.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"Too many people to move around quickly"

Verified Review | Everything seems to run smoothly, despite the overcrowding at busy times. I've always been able to find somewhere to eat and somewhere else to sit, even at the busiest times. Too many people to move around quickly though. Flight delays were not publicised very well - I knew from another website my flight would be late, but the departures board was not updated until very late, and then only by a few minutes rather than the true time. Airport prices for food/drink. Getting the DLR to the airport and walking straight to check-in is really nice. Mostly security is good, but, quite randomly, I have been asked to remove my laptop from a slim protective case which has never happened at dozens of other airports. Also got picky about a small pair of tweezers, which involved waiting 10 minutes for a swab test.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"there was no sign of the assistance"

Unverified | I am disabled and had booked assistance, and had it confirmed I was arriving on Swiss LX454 on 22 June at 19.35 hrs. On arrival there was no sign of the assistance. The on board crew phoned the ground staff to be told they knew nothing about it, I was then requested to go down the plane steps (very difficult) and walk across to the terminal (which left me in a bit of a state). At the terminal I was given somewhere to sit. Assistance came approx. 20 mins later protesting that they knew nothing of the request. I say they because they actually brought two wheelchairs. Whilst travelling to the exit we were constantly told we should have booked. I did get quite upset because I knew we had. We love travelling to and from city but this incident has blotted their copy book badly.
Date VisitJune 2017

"totally overcrowded"

Verified Review | London City departure lounge is a joke! Totally overcrowded with not enough seats to wait for your flight specially if your flight is very late. The options for food are non-existent and the pub where you can seat and order a meal is really poor and overpriced. They should really work to improve the passenger experience.
Date VisitJune 2017

"inconsistent in applying the rules"

Verified Review | The security staff are unprofessional, rude and inconsistent in applying the rules. Worst in all the airports I have used and I have at least 200k air miles a year for the last 10 years. Things don't seem to change over the years either. I simply will not use this airport anymore despite its convenient location for business travel.
Date VisitMay 2017