Best Cabin Crew

London City Airport

"had a mixed experience"

On our last visit to London, chose this airport for convenience. I had a mixed experience. Security queues were well managed and unlike many other airports, you can by-pass the duty free shop. The downside was the departures area, which I found far too cramped and definitely too small for the number of passengers waiting. I would use the airport again, but it's definitely one you don't want to be hanging around in for too long.
Date VisitFebruary 2016

"too small to be comfortable"

I love the idea behind this airport. It's near to London, small and the lines are indeed very short, I got off the DLR train at 08.15 and was through and sitting in the departure lounge by 08.25. Well signposted and despite there being a lot of people at the airport the toilets were very clean. The only negative for me was that the airport is now too small to be comfortable for the large numbers of people who wish to use it. I felt very crowded and hot and bothered. There was a bit of struggle to get a seat in the departure lounge and this kind of ruined the fast, slick professional appearance that you get of LCY when you first go through all the lines etc. It was easy to find my gate and not too much of a walk despite it being right at the end (gate 9). Boarding was quick, though this might have been because there were only 12 passengers on my flight. I'm sure the other flights were a lot fuller judging from the number of people in the lounge and the congestion when the plane was trying to leave the gate to take off.
Date VisitFebruary 2016

"everything was fast"

It was my first time arriving at London City Airport. I flew from Tokyo with a connection at Amsterdam Schipol. The connecting flight was with Cityjet on one of their Avros. I was amazed at how straightforward it was from exiting the aircraft to getting a train out of the airport. It only took 15 minutes. Everything was fast - immigration and baggage claim. I was well impressed. This was far different from how it would have been if I arrived at Heathrow.
Date VisitDecember 2015

"such a horrible experience"

(Italy)

Such a horrible experience at LCY today - 28th December. We did 1.5 hours of queuing in such a small airport at the bag drop. Bag drop and check in are all together. So even though we did the check-in we had to wait 1.5 h for dropping our bags like those who did not check in. With a long queue only 3 people were at the front desk working so slowly. For each customer they were taking something like 10 minutes. Even thought we had to only drop our bags they took so long asking other colleagues about our code connection. The lady that was badly managing the queue let some customers avoid the queue, we asked for an explanation. So another very rude lady who was working there told me to stay in my queue because I paid for economy class. I asked if the people who had just passed me had paid for business class. She said no and she muttered something like "they have to ask for an information and they have a connection" and then she turned her face to one of these customer laughing. The most rude and unprofessional staff I have ever seen working in a airport.
Date VisitDecember 2015

"forgotten about customer service"

Very rude Flybe staff - most unhelpful as was travelling with 90 year old Mother who is blind - had booked assistance - no sign of that. Security dreadful - felt the whole process from check in to departure was chaos - there didn't seem to be a very organised system in either area. Everyone here seems to have forgotten about customer service. Only helpful person was in security who tried to find my missing hat (but failed but not from lack of trying) - worst airport experience I've had for a long time. Car hire return also chaos.
Date VisitDecember 2015

"two hours delay in this overcrowded airport"

London City Airport is a nice airport for business travellers. Arrivals are efficient, deplaning, short walk to immigration counters and usually your bag is already on the belt when you had passed border control and you're out of the airport in possibly less than 20 minutes. On my departure, I had mixed feelings. Check-In as SkyTeam Elite+ is a breeze, you walkup to the counter, pass your legitimation and drop your bag at the belt, done in a matter of minutes. Yes, I was travelling in the evening rush hour at LCY, but I have never seen the departure lounge to be that much overcrowded as on my last departure on DEC/02. There was no single seat available anymore, all the restaurants had waiting queues of at least 15-20 minutes and all the walkpathes were packed with waiting travellers and their humongous amounts of 'cabin luggage', regularly exceeding the maximum sizes for this. What I miss at LCY is a proper premium lounge and a smokers zone, I experienced a two hours delay in this overcrowded airport with no chance to have an airside smoke. Toilet had a bad smell when I was using them, but I believe this was more related to the overcrowding which was present.

"marred by long queues"

Airport is very handy to central London but this is marred by long queues at security, severe overcrowding in the departures lounge and lack of room to circulate. Perhaps less space should be devoted to shopping. If you are claustrophobic avoid this airport as being a frequent traveller it has been getting worse over the past six months. Arrivals are not much better with frequent waits on the aircraft before being allowed off. It is normally fairly quick once you reach the arrivals area.
Date VisitNovember 2015

London City Airport customer review

I was in a hurry to get to St Pancras for a Eurostar connection, so was suggested to fly via LCY. In all I have no reason to complain or be worried. It was a quick and painless arrival from DUB, my baggage was out in a reasonable time in the albeit small hall. Once out into the main hall I was able to grab a quick breakfast from one of the coffee shops and I was away into the city in no time on the Docklands Light Railway. Effectively it is an efficient regional style airport in a major international city.
Date VisitJune 2015

London City Airport customer review

Its great to find an airport with friendly staff who know the meaning of customer service at the airports in London. The arrival and security checks were no hassle and the staff were friendly and helpful. The wait was pleasant and from the windows you were able to watch the comings and goings. At the departure gate there was no hassle and the staff member was very friendly.
Date VisitMay 2015

London City Airport customer review

Fantastic experience compared to other London airports such as Heathrow Gatwick and especially Stansted. Arrived from Dublin. Short walk from runway to luggage carousel. Then a 10 minutes wait and then straight out the door. No border control checks (assumed this was all done at departure point). Lastly another 10 minutes waiting on DLR platform. So from plane to train about 30 minutes. This would be impossible at any of the above airports. Some of the walks from the plane alone at those would take up a fair part of the time! Cannot comment on airport facilities but seriously who cares when an airport experience is like this? Most don't really wants to go to an airport to enjoy shopping bars lounges etc unless it has to be so. Many just want the train station experience ie get to the station get on the train and go! The only compulsory facilities would be a bathroom and a cafe which I am sure the airport has! If only more airlines and destinations were serviced by this great airport!