London City Airport

Review by (United Kingdom) 17th April 2015

Fantastic experience compared to other London airports such as Heathrow Gatwick and especially Stansted. Arrived from Dublin. Short walk from runway to luggage carousel. Then a 10 minutes wait and then straight out the door. No border control checks (assumed this was all done at departure point). Lastly another 10 minutes waiting on DLR platform. So from plane to train about 30 minutes. This would be impossible at any of the above airports. Some of the walks from the plane alone at those would take up a fair part of the time! Cannot comment on airport facilities but seriously who cares when an airport experience is like this? Most don't really wants to go to an airport to enjoy shopping bars lounges etc unless it has to be so. Many just want the train station experience ie get to the station get on the train and go! The only compulsory facilities would be a bathroom and a cafe which I am sure the airport has! If only more airlines and destinations were serviced by this great airport!

Review by (United Kingdom) 8th April 2015

My partner and I travelled to Florence on Friday 3 April. This was the first time that we'd flown from London City and I hope it will be the last. The airport was full and so the food outlets could not cope. The flight was delayed as a result of the late arrival of catering goods and so we were kept waiting at a gate (for at least 15/20 minutes) that was not designed to take the number of people that were using it. Cityjet state that only 15 minutes is required from check-in to boarding (hand luggage only) but other than the fact that the flight was delayed it would have been impossible to check-in 15 minutes before the flight and still catch the flight.

Review by (United Kingdom) 20th March 2015

Currently sat in the departure lounge at LCA this must be the worst airport I have been in for a long time. It is very hot there are too few seats security is packed out there were no seats in check-in. There are no club lounges. Dreadful fly from any other London airport and avoid this one like the plague.

Review by (United Kingdom) 4th March 2015

Was flying to Dublin for the day. On the way out quick progress through security but severe lack of seating for the number of flights this airport is starting to handle shops also extremely expensive (£2 for a 500ml bottle of coke). Departure gate very rudimentary with small stools you would find in a primary school. I can however see the appeal of the airport for its central location and efficiency by which you can pass through. On return leg was made to check my hand luggage in by the airline. Disembarking at LCY took 15mins due to adjacent aircraft getting ready to taxi. Luggage look an extra 20 minutes of queuing to arrive at the belt crazy knowing that the aircraft was only the other side of the wall and there were a total of 10 bags maximum.

Review by (United Kingdom) 19th January 2015

Have not travelled though London City Airport for some time but I must say what a refreshing change. The airport is modern functional and works like clockwork. Security on the way out was busy but well managed and moved quickly. Adequate seating even when busy. Coming back is a dream. From airplane to DLR in 5 minutes. I'll use this airport more now.

Review by (New Zealand) 12th July 2014

Don't waste your money on Business Class here! There is no priority security which is okay but also no lounge the guys at the British Airways desk when I asked were rude and we struggled to find a seat it is an overcrowd airport and would much rather go through Heathrow in the future and relax in a lounge when you have paid really good money for your seat. Never again.

Review by (United States) 26th June 2013

Flew from London City for the first time. Terrific. Left my hotel in Covent Garden took public transport (tube/DLR) to LCY checked-in checked my bag and was through security 1 hour 10 minutes after leaving my hotel. Would definitely use again.

Review by (United Kingdom) 13th June 2013

Flew from City last week in the evening although security was fine the departure lounge became uncomfortably full. I think the owners need to address this because what used to be a delight is loosing a little of its sparkle. Loved the free wifi though and it remains the best London Airport - just keep it that way!

Review by (United Kingdom) 20th May 2013

London City is by far my first choice of any airport with the word "London" in its title. I've been using it regularly for 12 years and it's run by people who make it their priority to actually get people through the airport and on and off aeroplanes as quickly and painlessly as possible. No-one else gets you through security as quickly travelling outbound and many times I have landed on international arrivals from outside the EU with hold luggage and been sitting in my car within 15 minutes of actual touchdown time. Try that at Heathrow!

Review by (United Kingdom) 25th February 2013

Well all of City's time-saving ideas are a great idea in theory - but be warned they don't always work in practice! Having had a good experience flying from London City a few months ago I decided to use it again today. I arrived an hour before my flight which to be fair was my own fault but I was assured by the staff at City that I would have no problem catching my flight. I only just made it with seconds to spare! There was a queue for bag drop (online check-in saves no time) a queue for security and then they decided to test my liquids for explosives! City is still a cut above the other London airports but don't believe their claims that you can turn up 15 minutes before your flight and still make it.