Best Cabin Crew

London City Airport

"everything was fast"

It was my first time arriving at London City Airport. I flew from Tokyo with a connection at Amsterdam Schipol. The connecting flight was with Cityjet on one of their Avros. I was amazed at how straightforward it was from exiting the aircraft to getting a train out of the airport. It only took 15 minutes. Everything was fast - immigration and baggage claim. I was well impressed. This was far different from how it would have been if I arrived at Heathrow.
Date VisitDecember 2015

"such a horrible experience"

(Italy)

Such a horrible experience at LCY today - 28th December. We did 1.5 hours of queuing in such a small airport at the bag drop. Bag drop and check in are all together. So even though we did the check-in we had to wait 1.5 h for dropping our bags like those who did not check in. With a long queue only 3 people were at the front desk working so slowly. For each customer they were taking something like 10 minutes. Even thought we had to only drop our bags they took so long asking other colleagues about our code connection. The lady that was badly managing the queue let some customers avoid the queue, we asked for an explanation. So another very rude lady who was working there told me to stay in my queue because I paid for economy class. I asked if the people who had just passed me had paid for business class. She said no and she muttered something like "they have to ask for an information and they have a connection" and then she turned her face to one of these customer laughing. The most rude and unprofessional staff I have ever seen working in a airport.
Date VisitDecember 2015

"forgotten about customer service"

Very rude Flybe staff - most unhelpful as was travelling with 90 year old Mother who is blind - had booked assistance - no sign of that. Security dreadful - felt the whole process from check in to departure was chaos - there didn't seem to be a very organised system in either area. Everyone here seems to have forgotten about customer service. Only helpful person was in security who tried to find my missing hat (but failed but not from lack of trying) - worst airport experience I've had for a long time. Car hire return also chaos.
Date VisitDecember 2015

"two hours delay in this overcrowded airport"

London City Airport is a nice airport for business travellers. Arrivals are efficient, deplaning, short walk to immigration counters and usually your bag is already on the belt when you had passed border control and you're out of the airport in possibly less than 20 minutes. On my departure, I had mixed feelings. Check-In as SkyTeam Elite+ is a breeze, you walkup to the counter, pass your legitimation and drop your bag at the belt, done in a matter of minutes. Yes, I was travelling in the evening rush hour at LCY, but I have never seen the departure lounge to be that much overcrowded as on my last departure on DEC/02. There was no single seat available anymore, all the restaurants had waiting queues of at least 15-20 minutes and all the walkpathes were packed with waiting travellers and their humongous amounts of 'cabin luggage', regularly exceeding the maximum sizes for this. What I miss at LCY is a proper premium lounge and a smokers zone, I experienced a two hours delay in this overcrowded airport with no chance to have an airside smoke. Toilet had a bad smell when I was using them, but I believe this was more related to the overcrowding which was present.

"marred by long queues"

Airport is very handy to central London but this is marred by long queues at security, severe overcrowding in the departures lounge and lack of room to circulate. Perhaps less space should be devoted to shopping. If you are claustrophobic avoid this airport as being a frequent traveller it has been getting worse over the past six months. Arrivals are not much better with frequent waits on the aircraft before being allowed off. It is normally fairly quick once you reach the arrivals area.
Date VisitNovember 2015

London City Airport customer review

I was in a hurry to get to St Pancras for a Eurostar connection, so was suggested to fly via LCY. In all I have no reason to complain or be worried. It was a quick and painless arrival from DUB, my baggage was out in a reasonable time in the albeit small hall. Once out into the main hall I was able to grab a quick breakfast from one of the coffee shops and I was away into the city in no time on the Docklands Light Railway. Effectively it is an efficient regional style airport in a major international city.
Date VisitJune 2015

London City Airport customer review

Its great to find an airport with friendly staff who know the meaning of customer service at the airports in London. The arrival and security checks were no hassle and the staff were friendly and helpful. The wait was pleasant and from the windows you were able to watch the comings and goings. At the departure gate there was no hassle and the staff member was very friendly.
Date VisitMay 2015

London City Airport customer review

Fantastic experience compared to other London airports such as Heathrow Gatwick and especially Stansted. Arrived from Dublin. Short walk from runway to luggage carousel. Then a 10 minutes wait and then straight out the door. No border control checks (assumed this was all done at departure point). Lastly another 10 minutes waiting on DLR platform. So from plane to train about 30 minutes. This would be impossible at any of the above airports. Some of the walks from the plane alone at those would take up a fair part of the time! Cannot comment on airport facilities but seriously who cares when an airport experience is like this? Most don't really wants to go to an airport to enjoy shopping bars lounges etc unless it has to be so. Many just want the train station experience ie get to the station get on the train and go! The only compulsory facilities would be a bathroom and a cafe which I am sure the airport has! If only more airlines and destinations were serviced by this great airport!

London City Airport customer review

My partner and I travelled to Florence on Friday 3 April. This was the first time that we'd flown from London City and I hope it will be the last. The airport was full and so the food outlets could not cope. The flight was delayed as a result of the late arrival of catering goods and so we were kept waiting at a gate (for at least 15/20 minutes) that was not designed to take the number of people that were using it. Cityjet state that only 15 minutes is required from check-in to boarding (hand luggage only) but other than the fact that the flight was delayed it would have been impossible to check-in 15 minutes before the flight and still catch the flight.

London City Airport customer review

Currently sat in the departure lounge at LCA this must be the worst airport I have been in for a long time. It is very hot there are too few seats security is packed out there were no seats in check-in. There are no club lounges. Dreadful fly from any other London airport and avoid this one like the plague.