Vote Now

London City Airport

"my preferred airport of choice"

Verified Review | I have recently used the airport again and it is becoming my preferred airport of choice. The airport is undergoing a rebuild/refurbishment of the terminal area. And on this trip I was able to experience the new departure area. There is now a few new food outlets on the way to gates 3 onwards which is taking the pressure off the main food and shopping area and seems to becoming the area of choice for regular users who second guess the departure gate. The Bag drops open 2 hours before departure for some airlines which is plenty of time to get though security etc. The airport security again was fast, professional and polite, maybe the flyers who complain about the staff should think they have a thankless task and please and thank you is a two way expectation. I forgot to remove my watch which is common mistake anyone can made. I was expecting to be hauled over the coals for it but I just said sorry I left my watch on by mistake and treated the staff member with politeness, I was still though security in 10 minutes all four lanes were open and staffed. The new departure gates are better and well designed once though you are held in a waiting area which is a short walk to the waiting aircraft. Arrival due to congestion on the stands and the early arrival of our flight we were parked on a distant stand which meant a bus ride to the arrival gate. The bus was already on the stand when we parked and the journey to the arrival gate was quick. The arrival hall was busy as it was apparent that we were not the only flight to arrive early and there were queues at the non EU passport control and a small one for the non chip passport control all 5 chip passport gates were working. Baggage reclaim was prefect has I walked towards the belt the case was in front of me. and the trip from arrival to DLR took 15 minutes to complete.
Date VisitApril 2017

"plenty of seating and places to plug in"

Verified Review | London City airport is very small and does what it can given size and space limitations. It unfortunately didn't have a lounge I was able to access. It does have a great view of the runway and from almost anywhere you can watch planes land and take-off. There's plenty of seating and places to plug in. I wasn't happy that I had to exit the airport and go through security again for a transfer - this would be potentially very stressful for a tight connection on a busy day. It might be a good airport if you live close to it in London - but for a transfer point, I would choose Heathrow for the space and lounge options.
Date VisitApril 2017

"the rudest security staff"

Verified Review | The rudest security staff ever and the worst organization of security. Avoid the airport. Security staff member held up the line until I sealed my plastic bag. Exactly what difference does it make, apart from maybe making him feel important. They have 4 security lines, but only ever 2 open. What are the other two for?
Date VisitMarch 2017

"Disgraceful and unprofessional behaviour"

Disgraceful security! Travelling annually many times to the UK, suddenly the plastic bag I always use was no longer ok and I was forced to repack the whole thing. At Heathrow, Gatwick and Aberdeen this never was an issue. Plus side: the guys working there were understanding and polite. However, the tray with my coat and some lose items (keys, iPad etc) was selected for invesgation. When after 30 minutes the lady in charge (extremely slow worker) got to my tray she started to very rudely tell me of because my coat was over the iPad. Then she started to yell at me because I made a remark. Disgraceful and unprofessional behaviour. If she had been my employee, it would be end of career!
Date VisitFebruary 2017

"a refreshing change"

Verified Review | Wow, a refreshing change from the service at the other London Airports. I was booked on a lunchtime flight on a day that had seen a few cancellations due to fog. I arrived at the airport, not knowing what to expect having checked both the airline and airport websites. On arrival at the airport, I had a feeling that my boarding pass had not printed correctly and asked at the airline desk for them and the young lady just replaced the home printed on with a new replacement. The Bag drop off was no problem and straight forward. Up to the security control and to my surprise staff who were friendly and seemed happy in their work. Also they were polite and use the words please and thank you to travellers. Once though security I was able t get a coffee while I waited for my flight to be displayed on the departure board. The flight was slightly delayed due to having to wait for the inbound aircraft and crew but it was only a few minutes. There is a reasonable choice of places to eat and limited Duty Free and it was a change not to have to do battle with a Duty Free Shopping Mail as you do in the other airports. You are also able to sign on to the airport internet free of charge for the first hour.
Date VisitDecember 2016

"airport is ideal for locals"

It's the first time I've booked and flown from LCY. The airport is small but a sufficient process checking in, going through security checks and boarding process. This airport is ideal for locals flying out and to avoid the rush at ofter major airports.
Date VisitDecember 2016

"airport is clean, well maintained, efficient"

Verified Review | This was the first time I have visited this airport. London City airport is one of the small convenient airports I've ever been at. The airport is clean, well maintained, efficient and probably effective too. Shops, restaurants, seats and every facility an airport would need, are available throughout the building. A light rail connection to London is attached to this airport and passengers can be on the train to London within 15 minutes after they landed. The heart of the city can be reached by subway connection within 30 minutes from the airport. Very much recommended airport to visit London.
Date VisitOctober 2016

"fast with good organization"

Departures does not have enough seating at all. Doors opening brings kerosine smell into departures. Going through security is fast with good organization. Many flights to Amsterdam with multiple airlines. Good connection with London via Docklands light Railway.
Date VisitOctober 2016

"small and cozy airport"

This small and cozy airport is the closest airport to London's city centre. Their free WiFi was very fast (500kbps) and had great range. I used it to video-chat in the airplane up until we went into the air. Extra points for LCY for having very wide tables with USB and power outlets. Lots of people at one of these tables to use and charge their phones and laptops until it was time to board. And Bloomberg had a permanent stand with computers that were running Bloomberg Terminal, and a big table with iPads that were free to use. After my arrival, I was at the taxi stand within literally 90 seconds. I still had to wait 4 minutes for my Uber to arrive. Room for improvement: renovate some parts, and add a couple of shops.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"a disgrace to London"

This is one of the worst airports I've experienced, and I am a global traveler. Terribly over crowded and too small, plus security takes longer than anywhere else. Food at restaurant was overpriced, and theres no business class lounge. The London City airport is a disgrace to London, which is a great city.
Date VisitJuly 2016