Top 100 Airports

Liverpool Airport

"pay more to use a different airport"

The public areas of the airport looked run down and filthy. The check-in agents (for a Vuelling flight) were rude and disinterested. I was surprised to find that on-line check in is not available at Liverpool and even though I had reserved and paid extra for a Priority Seat, I had to stand in line for almost an hour to check in. In the security area, they charge £1.00 for 4 clear plastic bags whiuch I have never see anywhere else. I would pay more to use a different airport.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"nice small airport"

Nice small airport. No queues through passport control. Staff friendly and helpful apart from the really unhelpful guy on the information desk. We made enquiries regarding the temporary luggage hold as we were travelling with 4 small children and 6 bags. He had a very bad attitude and clearly was not interested in helping us. While travelling through the airport 10 days later we encountered the same unhelpful manner from him. In my opinion, he is not the right person to have on an information desk. Apart from this, I would definitely travel through the airport again.
Date VisitJune 2016

"another easy trip through Liverpool"

Another easy trip through Liverpool. Having read some earlier negative reports, I took particular note of the experience and have to say I did not believe I was visiting the same airport. To begin, the approach road is clearly marked "No Stopping, £100 fine" complete with double red lines and the drop off / various car park directions are clear for all to see. The check in / bag drop area is spacious and bright and though there was quite a queue for our flight we were through in in about 10 minutes. Security was busy, though the early morning rush was over, but again we were processed efficiently and the staff were very helpful. Give them a smile and you'll get one back and they are clearly making an effort to be customer friendly. The departure area has been improved and is less cluttered with views of the tarmac and runway. The shabby 08 carpeting has largely been replaced with bright "stone" flooring. Likewise the toilets have been upgraded and could almost be described as "designer" The gate areas though are still a bit portakabin like, though as one need spend little time there, that should not be an issue. On return we were through passport checks in a very short time, 4 booths were open and our staff member was the friendliest I have ever encountered anywhere. All in all my airport of choice, though I wish it offered more destinations.

"a truly awful airport"

A truly awful airport. From the pot-holed roads leading to the £2 drop-off charge and grim/austere terminal it is an absolute must to avoid. Petty, pedantic and profiteering to charge to drop-off customers/passengers is surely a step too far. I plan on never going back.
Date VisitJune 2016

"staff polite and helpful"

Liverpool Airport has no WiFi. Quick check in and security, very easy navigation with everything in a short distance. Ryanair boarding area at far end of terminal is awful, outdated and not a good representation of the airport. Toilets clean and modern. Staff polite and helpful, gate navigation is easy. Terminal very clean. Boarding atrocious, we were stuck in a stairwell for 5 minutes. Departure stress free even though we departed 105 mins late due to an aircraft fault. Border control quick, stress free and easy. Luggage collection easy.

"staff actually smile"

This is a brilliant airport, we always use Liverpool airport. The staff actually smile and are helpful in many outlets. I have actually complimented airport security for their common sense, sensitive, courteous and pleasant attitude. In contrast, Manchester airport security I have encountered bark instructions are aggressive and nasty. Parking minutes from Liverpool airport is an asset.
Date VisitMay 2016

"security is slow, appears inept"

I have travelled through many airports, but the security here really appears totally inept, it is always this airport. Whatever training they give their X-ray machine staff appears to me to be very poor, whilst I waited patiently 9 of the 11 trays we pulled to the side? This included mine because my laptop charger raised their concern. On querying why every tray was being pulled over I has very abruptly told they have quotas to meet, obviously I must have been at the end of of shift as they must have been very short of their quotas vying stopping everyone. All I can say is of all the airports that I travel through on a regular basis Liverpool Security is slow, appears inept and are with out doubt the most rude I have yet experienced. I take the time to write this as it is not a one off I route through here 5/6 times a year and if I can give them credit they are consistently the same.

"avoid this airport"

Went to pick up my daughter from Liverpool Airport when she came back from a holiday. You can park a 10 minute walk away in a free car park but you only get 20 minutes before the charge is £6. Or you can pay a minimum of £2 to park closer to pick up and that jumps to £5 after 20 minutes. So you are caught between a rock and a hard place in my humble opinion. You have to get your timing correct to give the money grabbers the least amount. Liverpool Airport causes the most amount of anger because virtually every other airport will give you a free window for pick-up's or drop-off. The airport claim the change was after customer feedback. So it appears the public insisted on an arbitrary charge. Many Liverpudlians are embarrassed by this charge and I would assume John Lennon would be turning in his grave having his name attached to such a "business". I've had my say and I don't expect it to change a thing when it brings in millions a year for the faceless owners but it did help me to decide avoid this airport if at all possible in the future.

"disappointing attitude"

It's a cheap flights airport but is generally ok - use it a lot, but fast track ticket was a waste of money as I was routed to the back of the queue. Customer service began arguing with me over it, disappointing attitude. Generally fast arrivals, the worst part is the long fast walk outside to the aircraft.
Date VisitMarch 2016

"obscene parking regulations"

Terrible airport - mainly due to obscene parking regulations. They charge you £2 to drop off and are happy to fine you if you so much as pause to read a road sign. The airport has extremely poor public transport links, but treats anyone driving to the airport with contempt. Avoid. I will be flying from Manchester in the future.
Date VisitMarch 2016