Liverpool Airport

Review by (United Kingdom) 23rd July 2015

Departure - I may have arrived at a quiet time, but just 15 minutes from entering the Airport to having a coffee airside (using 'Speedy Boarding). Flight to Menorca took off on time, with only a 10 minute wait at the gate, to board. Arrival, similar experience on return - just 20 minutes to pass through security,collect luggage and exit 'arrivals' into concourse. Food and drink only a little more expensive than in town. Carpets in 'Arrivals' could still do with renewing. Car parking is not a problem - I use the frequent train service to Liverpool South Parkway, then a 10 minute bus ride - again a frequent service.
Date Visit23-07-2015

Review by (United Kingdom) 8th July 2015

Departure was fairly painless apart from the car parking and dropping off debarcle, which just indicates that they dont want you to use their airport as its not user friendly. Arrival, first thing you get when entering from the apron is an overhelmng smell of dampness in the terminal from carpets that are really grubby. Queues were really long and it paid to be a non EU as they went through like greased lightening. No signage within the airport as to where the pick up points were and no staff to assist, again the parking makes it really difficult unless you want to pay through the nose. I love my city but I will not use the airport again as its too expensive and really badly run. Trying to become part of the northern powerhouse is a joke with this facility
Date Visit08-06-2015
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure

Review by (United Kingdom) 10th May 2015

Flew through Liverpool Airport last Wednesday and returned yesterday so easy to pass through a breath of fresh air particularly compared to Manchester which is just awful. The departure lounge area looks like has been spruced up and looks nice and bright.

Review by (United Kingdom) 24th April 2015

I used Liverpool Airport for the first time back in February. The airport itself was fine. Their approach to parking however is disgusting. Vehicles are forced into a one way no stopping zone with the only way out through a car park where you must may £2 for 20 minutes. Stop in the no stopping zone a mobile camera van issues you a £60 parking charge notification which goes up to £100 after 14 days (not long enough if you're away for two weeks). the signs don't comply with standards they can't be read safely without stopping. Therefore the alleged contract can't be breached. I wont be using Liverpool Airport again for this reason. If you want my advice always use Manchester Airport!

Review by (United Kingdom) 10th April 2015

Its amazing how this airport when you go through wearing 100% rubber/plastic trainers that the security scanners alarm goes off and you have to remove your shoes. This doesnt happen in the connecting airports of Amsterdam and Belfast International that I flew through within the next few days. Very strange. Maybe queuing up gets the airport 5 pounds a time for speedy security.

Review by (United Kingdom) 6th April 2015

Totally dismayed by the fact I offered to take my friend to the airport and pick her up as haven't been to Liverpool airport for many years I actually recommend it to all my friends but not anymore. I dropped her off on what seemed to be the normal drop off point only to find that on leaving (after two minutes) I was told quite pertinently by the chap at the barrier that I must pay £2 to leave no signs anywhere in fact no choice! I will never recommend what used to be my favourite airport! Manchester airport is huge but you can still drop off and pick up your loved ones for free.
Queuing Times N/A
Terminal Cleanliness N/A
Facilities N/A

Review by (United Kingdom) 17th March 2015

I have used Liverpool airport for many years. On average I use the airport 3 times a year. Today I fell foul of the 'drop off tax'. I will look to using Manchester in future. A real short sighted way of running an airport. Well done Liverpool airport!

Review by (United Kingdom) 18th February 2015

I am a regular user of Liverpool Airport and only use others if flights are not available from Liverpool. In my experience the staff are friendly and helpful and using the Airport is easy and provided you allow plenty of time when checking in it is usually a pleasant and relaxing experience. Toilets throughout much of the Airport need to improved and more lounge seating should be provided in the departures lounges. Overall the Airport is still a great option giving a better customer experience than other Airports in the Region and it just needs to offer more of the destinations wanted by local people.

Review by (United Kingdom) 18th February 2015

We have used this airport many times but recently fell foul of their changes to the Drop Off car parking. This means that anyone approaching the Airport - even by mistake - are forced with no option into the car park and subjected to a instant £2.00 charge. Blue badge owners are supposed to be given up the 30 minutes free but only discover at the exit barrier they have find an office somewhere to obtain an exit ticket. They also employ a parking control company who think they also have the right to control the public roads away from the airport and issue £60.00 fines if driver stops for even 10 seconds. This is of course to ensure they herd all cars into their car park for a instant charge and is of course not lawful. However as you can imagine they manage to extort large amounts of money out of members of the public they trap and Liverpool Airport customers. They have even blocked off the roundabout on a public road near the entrance to the car park to prevent drivers escaping from their scam.

Review by (United Kingdom) 28th January 2015

I can only reiterate what I said in October: though it is far from perfect I much prefer Liverpool over Manchester as my choice of airport. I also wonder whether some customers expect to find First Class service at an airport which is served almost exclusively by low-cost carriers. The fact that bus transfers from the car parks are neither necessary nor provided is an advantage as far as I am concerned. Also I have never encountered any unpleasantness from any of the security staff during any of our many departures over the years. Last week the lady who attended to my wife and myself was both very friendly and helpful. Transit through the airport on both legs of our trip was as speedy as usual which was particularly helpful on the outward journey as we had been held up for at least 30 minutes in heavy traffic en route from North Shropshire. We would have been panicking had we been en route to Manchester airport.
Facilities N/A