Vote Now

Lisbon Airport

"no clear announcements"

Verified Review | I am not amused about Lisbon airport. Everything seems to be a little chaotic. Arriving there from another airport within Portugal, you will be near the main rotunda. There are some fast food restaurants like McDonald’s, but all restaurants are crowded. You won’t find a good place to relax. Also the seats are very limited. After waiting in this area more than an hour, my flight started boarding which was also a little bit chaotic. There are no clear announcements.
Date VisitDecember 2016

"so many flights are missed"

(Spain)

Verified Review | Disorganized, bad signage, uncoordinated, uninformed employees who should know better leading to dissemination of misinformation leading to travelers (like us) missing their flights. We flew in late with TAP Portugal (which is another sad story). We ourselves knew we had little time, but the line monitor for the undermanned passport control said there was plenty of time for our flight and we didn't need to go to the front. Frustratingly, we waited. Next, the line monitor for security checked our boarding pass and said that there was plenty of time. We asked if he was sure, and he said yes. We were skeptical, but what could we do? This was another undermanned and slow moving line. So we missed our flight. TAP Portugal said it wasn't their fault. Passport control certainly would say that it isn't their fault, being so essential with their 3 employees for dozens of people. Security certainly would say that it isn't their fault since they are so essential with their 3-4 employees for the same dozens of people. So, essentially, it is nobody's fault at the Lisbon airport that they work so lackadaisically with so few personnel, and so many flights are missed. The lack of coordination, inefficiency, unconcern for passengers and employee contracting problems makes the Lisbon Airport an airport to avoid.
Date VisitJanuary 2017

"very old airport, very confusing"

(Portugal)

Avoid at all cost. Very old airport, very confusing, looks like it has been growing and expanding without much planning. We had delays after landing and unboarding was long. Not much in terms of directions and signs and with all the people and corridors crossing and changing direction it was not easy to get to my gate. Signs were so bad I had a really bad time finding a simple bathroom. When I got to the men's bathroom, I almost wished I didn't. The floor was dirty and the urinals were disgusting! All of them were like this so I just went to a cubicle, it wasn't much cleaner and in the end, no paper towels to dry my hands. Waiting rooms were cramped and not enough seating was provided, queueing times were long and staff was somewhat nice. I couldn't find any wifi. I would avoid this airport.

"Queues are everywhere"

Verified Review | This is really not a nice airport at all. There have been a lot of construction sites over the past year's but it has not really changed in a positive direction. Queues are everywhere and even the lounges are the worst I have visited. The TAP business lounge is always very crowed and loud and full of kids so working is not really possible. This is unfortunately not a single experience. Also most of the equipment in the toilets is broken or dirty even in the lounges. Lot of opportunities to approve.
Date VisitJanuary 2017

"has too many flights than it can handle"

(Portugal)

The check in counters looked like something out of the Titanic. A multitude of people trying to get to the life boats, with people cutting the line in fear of losing their flight. The airport has too many flights than it can handle. Either its mismanaged or the greed is to much that they rather create a hellish experience in exchange of pinching as much euros as it can from the companies.
Date VisitJanuary 2017

"it smelt like an old urinal"

(Namibia)

The airport was nice, lots of shops to visit. Well-laid out. But oh my goodness, the women's toilet was revolting! It "looked" clean, but it smelt like an old urinal that had not been cleaned in a century. For an international airport I was completely repulsed. This is the second time through this airport with the same experience! The first time I thought the cleaning staff must be on strike, but a second time - really? It made me not want to touch anything in the airport.
Date VisitDecember 2016

"spent more than one hour in the queue again"

(Brazil)

When I arrived at the airport, I had to take a bus to the terminal, when I arrived there, the passport check queue for non-Europeans was enormous, I spent more than one hour in the queue. The check-in area of the airport is crowded and it looks horrible. The queue to get to the departure area was not very big, but to enter the international departure area I spent more than one hour in the queue again. There are plenty of options for food and shopping. Inside the international departure area, the food is more expensive. The wi-fi there is not slow, but there are only 30 minutes of free internet connection.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"unfriendly to the passenger today"

Verified Review | Lisbon airport is old, which makes it really unfriendly to the passenger today. Chaotic design, multiple floors, stairs to go up and down, crowded security and no fresh look is not a warm welcome to the country. No e-passport gates, transport links to the city are there but could be better. Staff are friendly like almost everywhere in Portugal however and makes things better. It has been a while since I last had to go on a bus from the terminal to the aircraft (and vice versa).
Date VisitOctober 2016

"the airport is old and it shows"

(Portugal)

Verified Review | The airport is old and it shows. This time I would be flying from the newer terminal 2, which I had been told was smaller and with less shopping but simpler to use. What an huge disappointment! The terminal was small, not very pleasant and not so clean. People working on the security checks seemed a bit lost or maybe had little training and some, despite being young, didn't speak any other language besides Portuguese. Queuing times were long and the waiting room was so small and so crowded I had a really hard time to get to information boards and to the doors. Besides that, the waiting room was very dirty. Signs and directions were poor. For such a recent building I was expecting something a bit more sought out and simpler to use. Not a good experience.
Date VisitNovember 2016

"boarding procedures take too long"

(Portugal)

Verified Review | As I was in transit I had to wait a long time at this airport. I ended up finding a less hectic spot but the wifi connection even though free was constantly breaking down. Boarding procedures take too long and are just not efficient but that, I guess, actually had more to do with the airline I was flying with. I used the drinking machine and for a bottle of water that would cost 1.5 € I spent at least 3 € as it was constantly processing the coins I introduced at a lower value than they really were. Be careful with this as it's really no coincidence.
Date VisitOctober 2016