Lisbon Airport

"Very dirty public restrooms"

Not Verified | Very dirty public restrooms. Both men's and women's restrooms were very soiled in all stalls. Do not appear to have been cleaned in a long time. This was at 7 in the morning before the airport had hordes of people using the facilities. Made me wish I had bleach to clean my shoes after I left.
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"Good terminal signs and directions"

(Hungary)

Trip Verified | Not too big. Good terminal signs and directions. Nice local staff working in the Shops and Restaurants. They even take time for you to have a small (or sometimes even a big!) talk. Not everywhere you can experience such a nice ambiance.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"why even let us in?"

Trip Verified | Worst airport experience! First they let me and my girlfriend get across automatic boarding gates, at terminal 2 so we understand all is ok? But at two o’clock in a morning they tell us we must leave the terminal and go back to terminal 1 at 2 in a morning! Last shuttle between terminals left before 12 so we must walk at night to terminal 1, 15 minutes by the road. Specially when they said we can back at four o’clock. What is the point in all this! Worst airport so far. If we not allowed to be there from the beginning, why even let us in?
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"only 2 luggage x-ray machines working"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | It’s bad to have only 2 luggage x-ray machines working at 03.00 in the morning with a load of people before me and after me! It took almost an hour to get through and one of the passengers had a small pocket knife with him so they even closed 1 machine until the police came, that took time too! Some travelers started yelling to the security but I didn’t understand it but by hearing they where not pleased! We made it on time to the gate but needed almost 2 hours!
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"staff are very rude and not helpful"

Trip Verified | This is one of the worst airports I have traveled through. One problem is the outbound passport control located after the duty free area just before the gates. The gates tend not to be announced until the boarding starts, and at that time it is too late to go through the passport control. The airport staff are very rude and not helpful, they would not let anybody with a close flight to cut the line, or let through the gate after it closed 20 minutes before the scheduled departure, citing an obviously false reason. A typical response from the airport staff was that passengers problems were not their business.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"a traveller's nightmare"

Trip Verified | Lisbon airport is a traveller's nightmare. Very stressful exit immigration queues. As a priority frequent traveller (Star Alliance Senator Gold) I've never had this terrible an experience. Came to the airport 1.5 hours before the flight and went through fast track security only to find myself behind 400 people at immigration in front of me. No priority for business passengers. No commone sense to let passengers with flights boarding through. Rude and threatening officials when you try to explain the situation to them. Very bad for Portugal's image. I missed my flight and then was told to go back out through immigration again and sort it out with customer service because they don't have a desk on the airside of the airport - unbelievable! Those queues would have taken another 2 hours to navigate. I finall paid £431 and bought a ticket on BA. Never flying TAP again and hopefully never have to come to Portugal again.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"a very agitating experience"

Verified Review | I have never waited in so many lines at any airport in my life. A line to check in, a line to deposit an oversized bag, a line to show your VAT merchandise that you want to declare for a VAT refund, a line to get the VAT refund, security check. By then, you'd think you're home free, right? Do some duty free shopping, go to the airport lounge (if you're lucky enough to get a pass into the ANA lounge here, it's actually really good!). But no, you leave the shopping area or lounge, and you come across a huge serpentine line to present your passport. Never had that before. There were people in the line who were about to miss their plane because they thought 30+ minutes would be enough after security. It's a very agitating experience because the place is packed and you do actually wonder if you will get through it and get to your gate in time. The airline personnel at baggage check in did not mention this at all.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"unhappy with my experience"

Unverified | I travelled to many places in Europe and this has been by far the worst airport I arrived in. First of all, there were no signs leading us anywhere! Many people on our same connecting flight were directed (unclearly) by airport staff to our location. Not to mention we were already 10 minutes late for our next flight. I was randomly selected for secondary screening, which is completely fine. However, it was the staff who did my screening that I found terrible. They rudely went through my luggage, tossing things carelessly onto the table. Someone had to hold up my things to keep them from falling on the ground. I was very unhappy with my experience and Portugal will never see me again.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"found things very quiet"

Unverified | Arrived in Lisbon on October 15th, was a Sunday so found things very quiet. Easyjet into Terminal 1, quickly disembarked the plane and taken by bus to Terminal 2 to proceed through border control about 30 mins and within 10 minutes at baggage carousel suitcases were delivered. This was not what I expected after reading all the horror stories of others experiences at Lisbon airport. Departure was a bit more intense from Terminal 2 no problem getting as far to departure lounge due to the fact that the bag drop is constantly opened for Easyjet flights and pretty much straight through security checks. Once the gate number is announced you have to go through passport control again to leave the country and it looks like it is only UK flights that are being asked to through this procedure. It was very busy and a long queue as there were 3 planes leaving for the UK all within 30 minutes. During a very busy summer period this may very well be a problem.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"nothing compares to this"

Unverified | My girlfriend has been waiting in passport control for almost three hours because she isn't from the European Union. This is the worst thing I have ever heard of. They don't have enough passport booths open and have made elderly people and children wait for well over two and a half hours. People are desperate for the toilet and children are crying. We have been to many airports around the world and nothing compares to this. The worst airport.
Date VisitSeptember 2017