Vote Airport

Lisbon Airport

"security screening is efficient"

I use this airport at least twice in the year during busy seasons: summer holidays and Christmas holidays. I must say I am stunned at some of the comments made by other reviewers on this site. I agree that some of the staff are definitely not the nicest or most courteous and I do agree that Terminal 2 is far far inferior to Terminal 1, but then again such is to be expected if you are flying low cost airlines (have these people not been to Luton or Stansted Airport?), but I pretty much disagree on everything else. Check in is usually a smooth process, the security screening is efficient and fairly quick and I do travel always during peak times, baggage delivery is fairly efficient and with the improved luggage hall it is spacious and quick and there are definitely plenty of passport control options: use your E-Passport for goodness sake, there are plenty of machines that work and will let you pass through and by the way where else in the world did you see 3 different options: EEA countries, Portuguese-Speaking countries and all other countries? Not those many passengers are left with the all other countries options in the end. With the renovations in T1, there are plenty more shops, plenty more food options and tons of seating. And very importantly, no horrid dirty carpets as can be found in many many American airports.
Date VisitDecember 2015

"full overloaded terminal"

We encountered a full overloaded terminal 2, no place to sit then on the floor with people stepping over you because it was so crowded. Not enough sanitation facilities which were very dirty. With boarding people are collected between lines and we had to wait there more then 45 minutes, all close to each other like cattle only possible to stand. Then to walk through heavy rain to the aircraft which was more then 100 meters away. A disgrace.
Date VisitDecember 2015

"one immigration officer for three flights"

One immigration officer for three flights. If you do not have an EU passport you will get to wait for the one immigration officer to handle all other passengers. The EU citizen counter will eventually take non EU passports but then another flight will arrive. Departures, better go early, as it is the same drill.
Date VisitNovember 2015

"clearly very lax"

I am worried about security. My bag was scanned and I was let through. When I opened my bag I saw I had forgotten to remove the cosmetics/bottles etc and also found half a bottle of water that had gone undetected. Very quick to get through security - but clearly very lax.
Date VisitOctober 2015

"a pretty slick experience"

Having read the reviews of Terminal 2, I chose TAP and Terminal 1 for our first time in Lisbon. Aside from the slightly old fashioned transit from the plane by bus, the array of biometric passport readers and 15 or so gleaming luggage carousels, had us in the taxi within 15 minutes of getting off the plane. On the way home, we had the choice of self check in or the 20 TAP check in booths. Security was pretty small but efficient, whilst the choice of food and shopping would have kept all but the pickiest happy. Plenty of seats around and we even got an air bridge to the plane for the flight home. I can't speak for T2 but T1 was a pretty slick experience.

"no queues on arrival"

Terminal 1 was a good experience. No queues on arrival (used e Passport facility). Baggage reclaim was prompt. Departure was good. Very short wait at security. Plenty of seating inside terminal. Food outlets were of a good standard and by standards of most international airports prices were moderate. Overall a pleasant experience.

"terrible security infrastructure"

With over 2 million air miles under my belt, this is hands down the worst airport I have experienced - terrible security infrastructure - rude staff, bus to airplane, expensive shoping, really couldn't be any worse if they tried to be.
Date VisitOctober 2015

"for a international airport, disappointing"

We arrived at Lisbon airport at 23.55 and had to wait until 7 am in terminal 1. Horrified that there were no facillities after midnight for eating and drinking. We were lucky to have some coins to use for the machines to buy some bottles of water. Almost no staff, only cleaning people, every now and then 2 security people, which were not very helpful when my father (who is diabetic) was falling ill because lack of food. Found the first aid after searching for half an hour and after persisting asking help from security. The lady from the first aid was helpful and explaned I could check out from the airport and check in the arrivals because there I could buy some sandwiches. Not a very pleasant experience. At 5 am several shops opened and we could buy some overpriced bagettes and coffee. For a international airport, disappointing.
Date VisitSeptember 2015

"no staff were present to help us"

On arrival the passport egates (computer) were not working very well and no staff were present to help us. After 3 failed attempts using the machine I joined the now long queue to be seen by a passport control officer. When departing from Lisbon Airport we arrived from the metro at terminal 1. This had a lot of places to eat and shop. We were flying from terminal 2 so took the free bus there. Once we passed through security it became clear food and shopping options in T2 were very limited. Disappointing as I wanted something to eat other than McDonalds or overpriced baguettes. I had also hoped to see a great wine selection to buy as a souvenir but this was severely lacking.
Date VisitSeptember 2015

Lisbon Airport customer review

Terminal 2 brings a new low to cattle class. The main terminal one where you arrive at the airport is beautiful with the facilities you would expect from an international airport in a capital city, but terminal 2, used but the budget airlines Easyjet and Ryanair for departures is truly terrible. It is a small area with a lack of seating for the large numbers of passengers forced to use it and only a small cafe area and a McDonald's both again with inadequate seating. Our Easyjet lane was delayed for a hour and many people were forced to sit on the floor due to the lack of seats. It made for a very stressful airport experience and we will now be paying the extra and traveling with TAP or BA for our return flights from Lisbon in future.
Date VisitJuly 2015