Vote Now

Lisbon Airport

"add more staff"

Verified Review | Over 10+ years of traveling to this airport I'm consistently underwhelmed by the customs check upon arrival. No matter what time of day or what day of the week there is consistently a more than 30 minute wait. It baffles me how the airport could have hour long queues and yet only 2 customs officials on duty for All Passports as they do today. I wish I were, however surprised but alas I'm not. I've rather grown accustomed to it since these types of unnecessary waits happen every time I travel to this airport. This is unacceptable. Add more staff.
Date VisitMarch 2017

"airport is an embarrassment to me as a Portuguese"

(Portugal)

Verified Review | This review concerns the Terminal 2 of Lisbon airport. Starting on the good things, well, it is small and the shuttle bus between the terminal 1 where the subway is and the Terminal 2 is very handy. Also, the Terminal was ok in terms of cleanliness. The directions are also ok. Now for the bad stuff, oh dear! This airport is an embarrassment to me as a Portuguese. It is small, cramped, not very easy to get around, not enough seating, very few stores (not that I care of) and only 3 places where you can eat something. I have to say that although the terminal was generally clean, I couldn't say the same for the eating areas or bathrooms, they could be much more well kept and should be roomier. Not at all modern, comfortable or practical and even the queueing times for security check are way too long and the place is way to spartan, cold and not at all welcoming. Staff is not all that nice. Would I recommend this place? No, not a chance on earth! If you can, fly through Porto, much more nicer place.
Date VisitFebruary 2017

"no clear announcements"

Verified Review | I am not amused about Lisbon airport. Everything seems to be a little chaotic. Arriving there from another airport within Portugal, you will be near the main rotunda. There are some fast food restaurants like McDonald’s, but all restaurants are crowded. You won’t find a good place to relax. Also the seats are very limited. After waiting in this area more than an hour, my flight started boarding which was also a little bit chaotic. There are no clear announcements.
Date VisitDecember 2016

"so many flights are missed"

(Spain)

Verified Review | Disorganized, bad signage, uncoordinated, uninformed employees who should know better leading to dissemination of misinformation leading to travelers (like us) missing their flights. We flew in late with TAP Portugal (which is another sad story). We ourselves knew we had little time, but the line monitor for the undermanned passport control said there was plenty of time for our flight and we didn't need to go to the front. Frustratingly, we waited. Next, the line monitor for security checked our boarding pass and said that there was plenty of time. We asked if he was sure, and he said yes. We were skeptical, but what could we do? This was another undermanned and slow moving line. So we missed our flight. TAP Portugal said it wasn't their fault. Passport control certainly would say that it isn't their fault, being so essential with their 3 employees for dozens of people. Security certainly would say that it isn't their fault since they are so essential with their 3-4 employees for the same dozens of people. So, essentially, it is nobody's fault at the Lisbon airport that they work so lackadaisically with so few personnel, and so many flights are missed. The lack of coordination, inefficiency, unconcern for passengers and employee contracting problems makes the Lisbon Airport an airport to avoid.
Date VisitJanuary 2017

"very old airport, very confusing"

(Portugal)

Avoid at all cost. Very old airport, very confusing, looks like it has been growing and expanding without much planning. We had delays after landing and unboarding was long. Not much in terms of directions and signs and with all the people and corridors crossing and changing direction it was not easy to get to my gate. Signs were so bad I had a really bad time finding a simple bathroom. When I got to the men's bathroom, I almost wished I didn't. The floor was dirty and the urinals were disgusting! All of them were like this so I just went to a cubicle, it wasn't much cleaner and in the end, no paper towels to dry my hands. Waiting rooms were cramped and not enough seating was provided, queueing times were long and staff was somewhat nice. I couldn't find any wifi. I would avoid this airport.

"Queues are everywhere"

Verified Review | This is really not a nice airport at all. There have been a lot of construction sites over the past year's but it has not really changed in a positive direction. Queues are everywhere and even the lounges are the worst I have visited. The TAP business lounge is always very crowed and loud and full of kids so working is not really possible. This is unfortunately not a single experience. Also most of the equipment in the toilets is broken or dirty even in the lounges. Lot of opportunities to approve.
Date VisitJanuary 2017

"has too many flights than it can handle"

(Portugal)

The check in counters looked like something out of the Titanic. A multitude of people trying to get to the life boats, with people cutting the line in fear of losing their flight. The airport has too many flights than it can handle. Either its mismanaged or the greed is to much that they rather create a hellish experience in exchange of pinching as much euros as it can from the companies.
Date VisitJanuary 2017

"it smelt like an old urinal"

(Namibia)

The airport was nice, lots of shops to visit. Well-laid out. But oh my goodness, the women's toilet was revolting! It "looked" clean, but it smelt like an old urinal that had not been cleaned in a century. For an international airport I was completely repulsed. This is the second time through this airport with the same experience! The first time I thought the cleaning staff must be on strike, but a second time - really? It made me not want to touch anything in the airport.
Date VisitDecember 2016

"spent more than one hour in the queue again"

(Brazil)

When I arrived at the airport, I had to take a bus to the terminal, when I arrived there, the passport check queue for non-Europeans was enormous, I spent more than one hour in the queue. The check-in area of the airport is crowded and it looks horrible. The queue to get to the departure area was not very big, but to enter the international departure area I spent more than one hour in the queue again. There are plenty of options for food and shopping. Inside the international departure area, the food is more expensive. The wi-fi there is not slow, but there are only 30 minutes of free internet connection.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"unfriendly to the passenger today"

Verified Review | Lisbon airport is old, which makes it really unfriendly to the passenger today. Chaotic design, multiple floors, stairs to go up and down, crowded security and no fresh look is not a warm welcome to the country. No e-passport gates, transport links to the city are there but could be better. Staff are friendly like almost everywhere in Portugal however and makes things better. It has been a while since I last had to go on a bus from the terminal to the aircraft (and vice versa).
Date VisitOctober 2016