Lisbon Airport

"Not enough seating areas"

Trip Verified | Absolutely dreadful terminal 2 at Lisbon airport. Not enough seating areas, people sitting on the floor everywhere. People fighting for tables. Unbelievably bad. Avoid using this terminal at all costs I would say. Terminal 1 is actually fine so chose an airline who flies to this one instead if possible.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"Terminal 2 is a dreadful place"

Not Verified | Using Easyjet, so arrival at T2 (exclusively the domain of the low-cost carriers) and bussed to T1. Efficient processing through immigration and baggage reclaim, very little delay. T1 is fine - clean, plenty of choices to eat, and pleasant ‘can I help you’ staff dotted around to answer questions from the likes of me. Away onto the Metro and the main line trains and Hello Portugal. Now, a week later - departing, Terminal 2 is a dreadful place. It makes Luton (my local) seem almost humane. I understand that low-cost is just that, but it wouldn’t take much to improve the feel of the shed that is T2. Others have run through the issues, and they’re right, so no need to repeat them. Perhaps to a degree ‘low-cost’ is a victim of its own success; so enjoy Portugal as it’s a great place and the people are very welcoming, but if you’re using LIS T2 prepare yourselves by reading the reviews. I’ve recommended the airport, as overall it’s fine, but just watch out for T2!
Date VisitJuly 2018

"I'd be happy to use LIS T1 again"

Trip Verified | Lisbon Airport Terminal 1. Arrival: No airbridge available. Parked on remote stand. 2 buses immediately available for 5-10 minute transfer to terminal 1. Signage fine. Short walk to Portuguese border. Toilets mid-afternoon were OK. Used e-border about 50% of which were switched on. Short queues and all of us recognised fine by e-border. 3 out of 4 bags awaiting at baggage reclaim. Long wait for 4th to turn up. Departure terminal 1: Lots of building work going on so signage wasn't always clear. Pre-security toilets were fine having just been cleaned. Bag tag and bag drop queues both short and manned by pleasant staff. Security queues were moving steadily and staffed by pleasant staff. Water machine immediately after security (€1/bottle so pretty good for an airport). The usual walk through 'duty free'. Not a lot of seating post 'duty free'. There is however a lot of seating around the food court area. Food and drink prices were reasonable by airport standards. Toilets were OK mid-afternoon. Once your gate appears on the info display, a longish walk to Portuguese border control. We used the e-borders about 50% of which were turned on and with short queues. All worked fine. Another longish walk to gate. Airbridge available. Seating was limited. Toilets at gate were fine. Gate staff were all pleasant. I've got no major complaints about Lisbon T1 and I'd be happy to use LIS T1 again.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"an absolute shambles of an airport"

Trip Verified | What an absolute shambles of an airport. I arrived at terminal two and the cattle market began as soon as we entered, the queues were as big as the piles of rubbish in both the public areas and the toilets. The whole place needs a clean from top to bottom, finding a seat is near impossible and the floors are too dirty to sit on even if you could find leg room. I'm leaving this airport with resonating feelings of chaos, annoyance, a sore wallet and full body sweat patches. Lisbon you were amazing again but I'll drive next time.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"Departure was a different story"

Trip Verified | Arrived at T2 at 11pm and bused to T1 than swift walk through. Rental car company experience also very quick and painless. Departure was a different story! I am lucky to tend to be early at the airport! 2.30h prior to flight (at 3.10pm) with an idea of returning car. Access to the airport building crowd controlled by police. Simply the volume of traffic was horrendeous and they had to divert via access roads. The best bit was trying to return car - literally hundreds of cars in a queue waiting to be returned. It took 45min just to reach rental office. Multiple companies in one dedicated building with chaos. It reminded me of best of Luton airport morning traffic queue (which I avoid). Advice- leave yourself an hour to return car if you are doing it lunch time.
Date VisitJune 2018

"worst airport I've ever used"

Not Verified | The worst airport I've ever used. We arrived on a Saturday afternoon and were taken by bus from the plane through Terminal 1. The airport seemed nice so on the way back I thought that we could sit there and have a coffee. On the return journey, we had to use Terminal 2 as we were flying with a budget airline, Easyjet. There's a free bus to Terminal 2. I couldn't get to the seats so I stood on the bus hanging on to a strap from the ceiling with my case between my legs to stop it from falling and a handbag over my shoulder. This wasn't good as I'm not tall. There were three buses but we were all squashed onto the one bus. We arrived at Terminal 2, it was horrible. Queues everywhere, tapes to force people to walk for miles up and down a set path when it wasn't necessary. Most cases were searched by security, my toothbrush was seen as a threatening weapon. Finally, we arrived in the waiting area. It was full of people most of whom were either standing or sitting on the floor. The main food outlet was MacDonalds, there was another coffee shop nearby. There were four female toilet cubicles and hundreds of women. When our gate was announced, we went to another waiting area, it had seats. Then we checked in and went to another waiting area, no seats and no door just wind from outside. It really was the worst airport, I've ever been in and I've travelled in a number of poor countries. I was shocked that this was an airport in a capital city in Europe.

"enough space and seats"

(Estonia)

Not Verified | Lisbon Airport is very comfy, as it has enough space and seats. Shops and restaurants are available and modern signs show where to go. There is quite few staff but they're friendly. Wi-Fi doesn't work everywhere.
Date VisitJune 2018

"needs a total upgrade and overhaul"

Trip Verified | Terrible airport, dirty, crowded, hot. No nice restaurants. No place to sit and no places where you can plug in your laptop or charge your phone. So busy and unpleasant, it really needs a total upgrade and overhaul.

"Bathrooms are filthy"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Bathrooms are filthy particularly those close to the restaurants area. It is far worse than North African airports I've been to. They need to hire more people to increase the amount of shifts done to clean the airport in general. Wi-Fi doesn't work everywhere and security check is extremely slow.
Date VisitMay 2018

" lot of unnecessary waiting time"

(Norway)

Not Verified | The wifi and mobile network is very slow. No check-in machines. Norwegian not providing app check in. Long lines. Only one of two check-in stations open for a long time. A lot of unnecessary waiting time - just as in the 'pre-digital era'. Please improve. Lisbon is a lovely city.
Date VisitMay 2018