Leeds Bradford Airport

"complete lack of customer care"

Not Verified | I was going to write directly to the complaints department at Leeds Bradford Airport but on reading the reviews given by others I will save my time, as it appears so many others have had the same bad experience of me and my family. I only wish to confirm of the complete lack of customer care Leeds Bradford Airport give, starting as soon as you enter the airport. I will never ever use this airport again, you are just a number, and not a very important one at that.
Date VisitJune 2018

"polite, helpful and reassuring"

Trip Verified | I have not flown for a very long time and this time I was on my own. Can I just say a big thank you to the one of the volunteers. I didn't get his name but he was an older gentleman. I asked him for help as was unsure where to go. He was polite, helpful and reassuring. He guided me to the right gate and checked on me from time to time. He is an asset to this airport. He made a very nervous person feel not so nervous with his help. Well done. Thanks again.

"it is getting worse"

Not Verified | Despite the building work going on over several years it is getting worse not better at Leeds Bradford airport. We arrived 2 hours before our flight. The first bar we tried was the new Cabin bar. We were blocked at the entrance by a member of staff who told us (a middle aged couple) we couldn't enter due to Health and Safety (too full). Outside the corridors were full of people sitting against walls. We went to the 2nd bar (Saltaire Bar). Although no one was stopping us going into this one it was even busier. We went downstairs (and past lots of other people sitting along corridors) to the 3rd bar (The Beer House). This was just as full as the others but we joined a queue. I waited in the queue for about 30 minutes before being served. The two staff were trying their best but that is the point - 2 staff! - on a bank holiday Monday!! It was only 1.30pm but they had already sold out of food. The flights weren't delayed but the airport simply couldn't cope with the numbers. Lack space, not enough staff on duty, no food left. I will be using alternative airports in the future. Not good enough.
Date VisitMay 2018

"£3 to drop off or pick up"

Not Verified | This must be the worst airport in the UK. £3 to drop off or pick up is ridiculous and has led to people stopping on the double yellow lines outside to avoid charges: an accident waiting to happen. The time taken for a passenger to appear in Arrivals from the plane landing can be over an hour, which means those waiting to collect them go into the next parking band of £9 for the privilege of collecting LBA's fare-paying customers. Even when the airport is quiet there is no rush at Baggage Handling or Passport Control to get people out. Is this a ploy to increase revenue at the car park ?

"utter shambles"

Not Verified | This has to be the worst airport in the world. £3 to drop someone off, awful and expensive food and drink, flights constaly delayed or cancelled, utter shambles.
Date VisitMay 2018

"nothing has improved here whatsoever"

Not Verified | Just a follow up to my review of last year. We have now been abroad a further three times and managed to not fly from here so far thank goodness. I am sad to see from reviews since mine that nothing has improved here whatsoever. I am still awaiting a reply to my letter of complaint to the then new Chief Executive, sent to him in June last year, about the problems we encountered during our visit. I don't suppose I'll ever receive one now, almost a year on. I had high hopes a new Chief would improve things at this our local airport and that is why I was reviewing the reviews, unfortunately not, so Doncaster (Excellent) and East Mids (Very good) will continue to get our business.
Date VisitJune 2017

"greed over Customer Care"

Trip Verified | I fly from here roughly 4-5 times a year with or without family not least because it is 15 minutes from my house. I also fly from Birmingham, Manchester and East Midlands fairly regularly too. LBA is shocking and it's been this way for a number of years. The security check in is dire, inadequate space, surly staff, people falling all over each other. Occasionally when there are, for example 3 or 4 sizable flights all leaving simultaneously, it's nothing short of chaotic, fast tracking people to the front, shouting and carrying on - I could go on. When you get back it's a similar story - long queues for passport control. The airport has lots of flights which on the surface is great but it has failed to invest in an adequate infrastructure choosing to rely on its regional monopoly status. Their Managers should hang their heads in shame - greed over Customer Care - I really doubt they're that incompetent.
Date VisitApril 2018

"A chaotic experience"

Not Verified | A chaotic experience at security with little space or provision for one to sort out items to put into trays with three lines and only one body scanner. From experience, I avoided the main waiting area which is cramped and has a very unattractive food/drink offer so paid to use the Yorkshire lounge which on this occasion was also crowded which meant using an overspill area and leaving my case there to go back into the main lounge to get a drink/snack and carry it back. Arrived at the boarding gate and then a walk down stairs and through a covered walk way on an uneven surface to the plane.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"chaotic and shambolic"

Trip Verified | Security was chaotic and shambolic. Treated with contempt. No customer care. To br avoided at all costs, especially when you are of an older age group. I am a regular flyer other airports and this is the worst experience I have ever had. Staff need better organisation and inter personal skills.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"airport not designed for the customer"

Not Verified | An airport not designed for the customer. There is a 1 hour free parking area but there are no trollies allowed in that area so, if you are dropping off someone who needs help with the bags (children, the elderly etc) you struggle. Inside the airport, there are few eateries etc and they are pricey. Leeds Bradford still doesn't have water fountains unlike many of the other airports as they want the customer to have to spend yet again. Overall, it is a very uninviting airport due to its lack of customer focus.
Date VisitJanuary 2018