Leeds Bradford Airport

"Rude, nasty and offhand"

Not Verified | I had cause to use Leeds Bradford airport twice an the 4th December 2017. Firstly arriving from Belfast with my 87 year old mother we had to wait well over half an hour for the ambi-lift, although it had been booked, confirmed and then re-confirmed on the day of travel but still it wasn’t ready. Apparently this is normal for Leeds, when I asked one of the special assistance staff why it took so long I was told they had two but the other was broken and there was no sign of it being repaired. I picked up my hire car, drove my mother home and returned to the airport. Going through security I always get a pat down, I’m used to it because I fly a lot. Without using the word please the surliest security agent told me to stretch out my arms, I whispered to her before she laid a hand on me that I had a stoma. Now when I mention this I am always asked if it hurts and would I prefer a private pat down? I always comply with whatever they want to do, but in Leeds when I told her about the stoma she just said “I don’t care, just spread out your arms”, in the nastiest way possible. After security I went and sat down to read my book but did a bit of people watching and not one member of the airport staff that I saw interact with any passenger did so with a pleasant expression. Rude, nasty and offhand would best describe them. Of all the airports I have ever been through in the past fifteen years when I have been flying frequently have I seen such an unpleasant workforce. I will do my utmost never to go there again.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"airport is such a rip-off"

Trip Verified | Do the management ever read these reviews? It would seem not as nothing improves. This airport is such a rip-off but I use it as it is close to my home. I am incensed at the 3 pound charge for drop-off, and then quite a long walk usually through the wind and rain to the terminal building. Surely it would be possible to provide a sheltered walkway? I have some difficulty walking but that doesn’t seem to be any way round this. Jet2 staff are all delightful and very helpful. The same cannot be said of the rest of the airport staff. Security staff seem particularly surly. There is hardly anywhere to put your possessions or to sit down and get dressed again. Even early in the morning lounges are all very crowded. Last year on arrival I walked very long way along the tunnel of shame which barely keep the weather off. The wait to get through immigration was absolutely horrendous. I wished I had used the wheelchair facility. This year I did request a wheelchair. The staff were very helpful but even so we had to be wheeled through an outside area which was very cold to get to the lift. The lift was not working! We then had to go outside again quite a long distance to the front of the terminal building. The lift was very small and would only take one wheelchair at a time. The only advantage was when we got to passports we went straight through as there was no queue and our luggage had been taken off the belt waiting for us. For heaven sake surely it’s not rocket science to improve the facilities? Never mind about shopping opportunities, just make it more convenient and pleasant for passengers.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"a lot of bad tempered travellers"

Not Verified | With only 2 flights leaving on 18 November 2017 in the early afternoon and the airport being quiet, I did not expect to wait 45 minutes queuing to get through security. Only 1 lane open and a lot of bad tempered travellers. This is I was told before travelling from Leeds common place at this airport, now I know it is true and will think very carefully before I choose to travel from here again. How the airport can class itself International I really don’t know, more like Toy Town and not good for the reputation of Leeds the city.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"the staff are very rude"

Unverified | How can anyone take this airport seriously, you could never call this a welcoming airport it is filthy and the staff are very rude and the whole experience is dreadful from departure to arrival back in UK. They must know how many flights are due in but you are left on the plane for nearly 30 mins whilst they sort out buses for you to go to terminal cos a few planes have come in close together. Then you eventually get on a dirty old bus with a miserable driver who sends everyone flying due to poor driving, and just as you think it cant get any worse you enter the arrivals hall, wow what a dump, filthy, dirty, unkempt and staff that need to have an injection of happiness. Nobody on customs but massive queues because only one exit tunnel working and that kept breaking down. For anyone coming into Leeds Bradford airport from another country must think goodness what have I come to see if this is what they airport looks like. Shame on this airport.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"continues to provide the worst service"

Verified Review | Leeds Airport continues to provide the worst service levels of any airport I use. Landed at 1.20pm on Ryanair flight. Usual express delivery to standstill. Then wait of 5 minutes for groundstaff to appear. Then 5 minutes with in the bus sitting outside the arrivals door. Then 20 min queue in passport control. I realise this is a good average at Leeds but why? I never wait that length of time anywhere else. And there was only one plane. Nothing in front of us. Exit airport at 2.05pm. Appalling service. When will they improve.

"it’s a disgusting joke"

Verified Review | 3rd world quality, 1st world prices. Insufficient space and capacity for the volume of use. Horrendous queues at every stage (even toilets) dirty, broken facilities and appalling service - staff not interested. And you pay top prices. Very long walk to find huge queues at border control. Nobody anticipated the volume of customers? Come on - sack the leadership and get some competent people in to run the place - it’s a disgusting joke! With the volume of use, extensive advertising, sky high prices it makes me wonder where all the money is going? Certainly not invested back into this decrepit, run down travellers nightmare! Would gladly go out of my way to avoid this place. Not customer centric in anyway.

"Absolute extortion"

Unverified | My mothers plane had landed so I entered the car park thinking the £3.00, 30 minute allowance would be sufficient to pick her up. There was delays in departures and took just over one hour to get through to exit. This cost £18 to exit the car park. Absolute extortion and I will not use this airport again.

"a complete shambles"

Unverified | This airport is a waste of time. Staff are ignorant and seem to go out of their way to be unhelpful and rude. Nothing runs to time, going through security is a joke. They are so slow at absolutely everything they do. Waiting for your bags in a room the size of someone’s living room is laughable and if you are unfortunate enough to have to get on one of their buses you will wait forever. In my opinion this airport has the rudest, most miserable staff, is over priced, out of date and a complete shambles. Needs a complete overhaul. I would definitely not use this airport again even though it’s on the doorstep, would much rather travel further afield. Leeds Bradford airport gets it so very wrong all of the time.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"Really unfriendly airport for babies and toddlers"

Verified Review | Outdated, very narrow corridors not enough room to stand and collect the luggage, it was so crowded today at luggage collection that a lady accidently walked over my toddler. You have to pay for trolleys. Rude unhelpful bus drivers. Really unfriendly airport for babies and toddlers. No proper changing rooms and nowhere to breastfeed at all. All airports I've been to (about 40) and all airports I've been to in the UK (Manchester, Heathrow, Newcastle) have changing rooms and rooms where you can sit down and breastfeed your baby quietly. In this airport it's just not possible. Stairs again no lifts, no help with buggies to take down the stairs. Sad very sad that someone thinks it's ok to combine disabled toilets (dirty tiny disabled toilet) with baby changing rooms. No facilities for children at all no playground as in most airports. Not even enough seats. Lots of shops. Really unfriendly airport for families.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"Staff are rude and ignorant"

Unverified | This lot at Leeds Bradford Airport never listen. Fly from Manchester, you get to drop-off your relatives and pick them up for free, with a 15 minute drop off and pick up. Leeds Bradford now according to reviews charge £3. A while ago I picked up relatives, it cost £2, me and another passenger got pushed through the barrier by their staff, they parked their van in the middle of the road so you can't get back out. They did their best never to let it be shown. Staff are rude and ignorant and are an embarrassment to us all Yorkshire people.
Date VisitNovember 2016