Leeds Bradford Airport

Review by (United Kingdom) 7th July 2015

If you do your research on the airports in the North of England (Liverpool, Newcastle, Manchester, Doncaster) you will find at all of these airports there is a charge for dropping off (Manchester is free to drop off but you can't leave your vehicle but a £3 charge to pick up) so I can't see why people are complaining, it's a business at the end of the day. At Doncaster it's £1 for 10 minutes the if you go over its £5 for every 15 minutes there after. Nearly all airports charge for picking up and dropping off, so I feel Leeds is no different from this and should not be slated because of this. At least you can going into the terminal and see your family off the old fashioned way!
Date Visit07-07-2015
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure

Review by (United Kingdom) 26th June 2015

I can appreciate the charge for drop off and pick up close to the terminal, but having been to the airport on countless occasions, I have yet to see improvements. A few personal suggestions - covered walkway from the terminal building to the drop off and pick up a area. Not nice walking in pouring rain with luggage, even if you're only going to the taxi office. Live on-screen information boards in the free 60 minute car park. Especially helpful if you are a driver with a disability, and have to walk to and from the terminal from this car park. More on-screen information, such as 'bags arriving'. For people meeting others it would at least give you an idea of where passengers are in the arrivals process. In the event of delays in the arrivals process, and these are frequent and blamed on the high number of flights arriving, an exception to having to pay above and beyond the £3 for thirty minutes. Its not the fault of either the passenger or those meeting them, but we are the ones who end up paying beyond the 30 minutes. Maybe more customs or other staff are needed in arrivals to speed the process. Or perhaps as above, on screen information in the 1 hour free zone before moving the car to the pick up zone.
Date Visit26-06-2015

Review by (United Kingdom) 22nd June 2015

We returned to LBA on Sunday morning at around 1:40am from Gran Canaria. The UK border check caused long delays followed by the baggage collection, we were advised of the wrong carousel and as 4 flights had arrived around the same time we were all watching other flights luggage going round for some 20 minutes, till someone spotted the problem. The Taxi booking office informed that there was long delays due to the drivers observing Ramadan so the only had a few taxis available. Black Cabs should have been allowed to cover during this period, so in all a good holiday spoilt by the service back at the LBA.
Date Visit21-06-2015

Review by (United Kingdom) 21st June 2015

Just flew out and back into this airport with Jet2 for a short break away. I can honestly say this is a fantastic airport there is no chaos like at Manchester with the awful long walks to get to the gate. We had to pay £3 to get dropped off but that is understandable for the airport to charge and it is only £3. I find it fantastic that Jet2 have their own check in hall with great staff and speedy service. In addition Leeds offers free unlimited super fast wifi.
Date Visit21-06-2015

Review by (United Kingdom) 18th June 2015

Total ripoff parking, how can they justify £3 for a drive through carpark. Not so long ago it was free but not now. If like me you get stuck behind a car who hasn't got the right change bingo your price goes up while they rush off for change.
Date Visit18-06-2015
Terminal Seating N/A
Facilities N/A
Wifi Connectivity N/A

Review by (United Kingdom) 17th June 2015

I was just picking up a passenger and then dropping him off one day later. The cost £6.00 for 40 seconds. Avoid Leeds Bradford Airport it's a rip off!
Date Visit16-06-2015

Review by (United Kingdom) 15th June 2015

I dropped off and picked up my mum at this airport. I must say the parking charges are appalling. £3 for 30 minutes! but even if you just drive though it to drop off yes you guessed it £3. On their return they landed at 2.30am so I didn't feel that parking in their free car park and walking down the dark lane was an option being a young lady on my own at that time in the morning, so I parked in the express car park. The plane after landing had technical issues meaning their luggage was delayed coming out. This meant they were delayed coming through and meant I was waiting an hour for them. Due to this the parking charge was £9 I contacted the airport asking for a partial refund due to the technical issues and they refused even though they admit the had issues on the plane after landing. Why are the parking charges the same at all time why are they not on and off peak?
Date Visit14-06-2015

Review by (United Kingdom) 15th June 2015

Possibly the most poorly organised airport I've been in. If you didn't know what was happening in the outside world you would think there was a disaster that had just happened! Too many people for such a small airport.

Review by (United Kingdom) 7th June 2015

We flew back from Palm Majorca with Monarch on Wednesday 20th May. They were brilliant. Everyone was boarded so we set off early and arrived back in Leeds Bradford airport early. Great for us as we were sure of catching our train back to York. Then the captain announced that we couldn't get off the plane as there was only one bus to take us back to the terminal and the plane that landed before us were using it. We sat for 30 minutes when the bus eventually arrived we were crammed like sardines on to it. Baggage Hall was even worse. 2 carousels with 2 arrivals on each. One carousel was moving but ours wasn't. We waited and waited and people were getting panicked as the people giving them lifts taxi's etc that were waiting outside to pick them up were ringing on mobiles. They knew the plane had landed but no passenger were coming out of arrival. Eventually after 1 hour our carousel lit up and a big cheer went up. Not for long. A young lad who must have been bored accidentally kicked the emergency stop button. it took another 5 minutes for someone to reset it. We ended up missing our train and having to wait on a cold Leeds Station until 2.15 in the morning. Nightmare. Do all the airport staff leave early on an evening. Certainly seems that way. Definitely very poor Customer Service!

Review by (United Kingdom) 7th June 2015

LBA-LHR on BA1345 Sunday 31 May 2015. My brother made the costly error of dropping me off in front of the terminal he must have spent no longer than 3 minutes in the car park but was relieved of £3 for the privilege. There is a free one-hour drop off parking zone further away but nevertheless this is really expensive when contrasted with arrangements at other airports like MAN. Security was excellent nice chap processed me and I was through in no time (bear in mind this is late Sunday though usually very quiet). Used the Yorkshire Premium Lounge (if you have BA Silver Gold you can use this) and opted for the 'business side' rather than the 'family side'. On reflection the family side appears more inviting and with more 'natural' light admitted - the business side lacks visual stimuli (no windows - no planes to look at) to the extent that an hour is just about long enough in there. The Yorkshire Tea and Scones with Jam were nice though! Lady on reception very welcoming and polite. Their isn't a WC in the lounge - one has to leave the lounge and use an adjacent facility - which is filthy like many areas of the airport. Boarding was a mess the usual faffing around being held in an ante-room after boarding passes have been checked. It seems that things become more complicated when other planes come into the equation at LBA we were left waiting a while until passengers had disembarked from another flight it reminded me of a few weeks ago when we landed at LBA - we were 'contained' in a locked corridor for 7 minutes after disembarkation to allow some FlyBe passengers to board another flight. The usual airbridge facility afforded to BA flights was not working so we had to use stairs and access the aircraft via steps - thankfully a sunny day and whilst climbing the steps I managed to get a nice look at the engine! This airport remains and unwelcoming and largely dysfunctional facility that does not provide a warm welcome to Yorkshire - I hear that RAF Church Fenton is being developed into a rival operation for LBA? Some competition will hopefully raise standards.