Las Vegas Airport

"rude unprofessional and untrained"

Not Verified | Has to be one of the laziest staff I've encountered. From check in all the way up to a horrible 65 min TSA. TSA extremely rude unprofessional and untrained. They have no clue of how to properly get persons and items through in a timely manner. This is horrible and I recommend showing up 3 hours early to not miss your flight. This airport needs an adjustment I say restart your TSA they give people a horrible departure experience.
Date VisitMay 2018

"Worst airport experience"

Not Verified | Worst airport experience I’ve ever had, and I’ve spent quite a bit of time in airports. From the obnoxiously rude woman at the Frontier counter to the unorganized, inefficient, demeaning, and harassing TSA agents I was completely shocked that Las Vegas Airport allows these people to represent a city who’s economy is based solely on Tourism. TSA can have a reputation, but the staff of LAS go far above and beyond to berate and belittle travelers, I was astounded by their treatment of a woman in a wheelchair and a man who’s luggage and person was being inspected. I'm embarrassed that these employees get their kicks out of feeling more powerful than airport patrons by being bullies. The airport is dirty and reeks of cigarettes and the design is unfortunate (the closest bathroom to my gate was a good 10 minute walk, only to find out it was closed for cleaning and I had to wander another long hall in the wrong direction while my flight was boarding). I know this is a bit scathing, I had a great time on my trip, but left with a terrible taste in my mouth.
Date VisitApril 2018

"by far the worst experience"

Not Verified | This is by far the worst experience I’ve ever felt with in an airport! My friend and I are from Texas and we came to Vegas for her 30th birthday. In Texas when you renew your driver's licence they cut the top of it and issue a paper ID. This damn airport has put my friend through hell trying to get to our flight! They frisked her numerous times, searched her carry on luggage few times and all because she has a Texas renewed ID! This place is the worst!
Date VisitApril 2018

"loud, crowded and uncomfortable"

Trip Verified | McCarran International Airport (Las Vegas) is one of the worst airports I have ever had the displeasure of using. Where to begin? The only good thing about this airport is it is very close to the city center. Otherwise, it's loud, crowded and uncomfortable. No matter the hour, loud rock and country music is playing. No place to escape the assault on your senses. People are crowded into gate areas that are too small with inadequate and uncomfortable seating. People are sitting and laying all over like in some post-apocalyptic scene. The rental car shuttle consists of smelly, old diesel buses with rude personnelle that yell out instructions. The food choices consist of over-priced fast food. Once again, inadequate seating in the restaurant areas. Huge lines to everything with more rude people treating passengers like cattle.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"rude TSA agents"

Unverified | Rude TSA agents! I couldn't believe how unfriendly they were, and not helpful. They make tedious situations worse. I understand people not liking a job, but at least fake your disdain in front of customers. I have flown countless times, but I refuse to fly into McCarran.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"at how bad the floors were"

Verified Review | Arrived on a Thursday about 12-1 pm and the airport was mobbed. Our luggage carousel had three flights of luggage on it from three different cities. On return trip the airport was deserted at 3 pm. My biggest complaint is the men's restrooms on Concourse D were filthy. Some urinals (perhaps 1/3) were out of service. There was an attendant floating around that did not appear to be doing much to improve the situation. I was appalled at how bad the floors were. Wi-Fi had advertising from a financial brokerage frim and I really did not trust it a lot.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"absolutely unbearable"

Verified Review | Las Vegas is one of the worst airports I've ever been to. The staff are rude, which makes the long lines, perpetual waiting times, trashed bathrooms, and wifi that kicks you off every few minutes absolutely unbearable. My experience was so miserable it makes me want to scream. And thanks a million to the staff member that threw out my lunch! I have been traveling with appropriately sized containers to make sure something like this didn't happen for years, yet now my less than 4 oz container is now more than 4 oz and you want to escort me an hour back in time to the back of the line to keep the container? At the very least the staff that couldn't figure out how to scan my boarding pass and told me I needed to go back across the airport to reprint it could have been more polite (and after protesting, another staff member at least tried the pass and got it to work). Las Vegas Airport, thanks for making me never want to come back to the state. Yes, it was that bad.
Date VisitMay 2017

"great service in and out"

Verified Review | Great service in and out at Las Vegas Airport. Great food, helpful staff (including AA, Spirit, TSA etc) all was very pleasant. Our flight out was cancelled but everyone we encountered did everything possible to make our stay in and out pleasant. They still have areas where we can smoke. We arrived with no drama. We were taken to the rental car terminal and back again was awesome - Viva Las Vegas.
Date VisitApril 2017

"smoking areas past security"

The prices at Las Vegas Airport are prohibitive, but what else is new. It was dirty when we got there but it must have been at shift change because shortly after sitting down a crew of workers came through and cleaned the place up nicely. The absolute best part of this airport in the eyes of a smoker is there are smoking areas past security so you can smoke in a glass room with vents while waiting for your plane.
Date VisitApril 2017

"the staff (TSA) were rude"

Other than a very nice woman working in one of the essentials shops, the staff (TSA) were rude. The woman at the ticket counter asked me if I wanted to push the retractable handle down on my suitcase or just have them break it when loading. Then, there was the escalator ordeal, which involved a backup of travelers at the top, where TSA security screening is located. A female employee was positioned behind the ropes where people step off the escalator, apparently, to instruct people to move right upon exiting. However, her screaming, and I am not exaggerating for effect, was creating more confusion and hesitation, resulting in a moment of panic for those of us that were trapped in a momentary crush. Perhaps some signage at the bottom of escalator or recorded overhead audio instructions would help, especially for the elderly or physically disabled. TSA directions guy, same experience. Yelling and pointing, as if he were conducting traffic control at the scene of an accident. His accent, combined with volume and hand gestures, made it all the harder to understand. The lady behind me asked, "what does party of 4 mean?" He was actually yelling "podium 4". Lastly, if a customer inadvertently packs a banned item in carry-on bag, such as brand new bottle of hair product, there is no need for a lecture (yes, I got one). A simple "sorry, but this is not allowed", will suffice. And no, I don't feel the need to walk along to the garbage can to watch it being disposed of, just let me go on my way (possibly this is policy). On a positive note, cleanliness, amenities and seating comfort was excellent. The airport itself, is one of the nicest I've been to. Maybe the staff were just having a bad day.