Las Vegas Airport

Terminal Seating N/A

Review by (Hong Kong) 17th March 2015

The airport upon our visit in September 2014 was clean efficient and spacious in the new terminal. The security process which does take too long in most US cities was up to the excessive time scale I have become accustomed to. However luggage handling collection was much improved. My negative experiences on my last two trips has been the very low standard of the counter staff at the airlines check in desk. On this occasion she insisted on me having a China visa in my passport to visit Hong Kong which is not required. I showed her my HK resident card but she insisted on a visa was dismissive and ignorant of the visa requirements for entry and refused to check them. Eventually she checked myself and my partner - but at other ends of the plane even though we checked in very early. This was corrected elsewhere. American and United airlines seem to have the most rude check in staff. Happy with the others.

Review by (United Kingdom) 14th January 2015

I have used this airport many times mainly terminal 1 D gates and the terminal 2 and 3. However I used the B gates a few days ago. It is definitely dated compared to the D gates and terminal 3. However the place was a dump with rubbish strewn all over the seating area this is really is inexcusable.

Review by (United States) 1st September 2014

Had a run in with the worst 2 ignorant people at security at this airport and I've been to about 10 airport's in my time and they took the cake its bad when the guy behind you even notices and says they love their job don't they as I shake my head in disbelief. Maybe this is typical behavior of airport security but this experience at McCarren airport was horrible. Oh and this great new D and E gate terminal is so great with its horribly small seating area but wait! There's a whole bunch of slot machines where the seating should extend so passengers don't have to stand for hours. What a joke.

Review by (United States) 3rd May 2014

A great airport! Slot machines everywhere smoking lounges just the vibe of Vegas everywhere! The baggage area is easy to find lots of signage for which belt your bags will be on and a boatload of ads for shows and such.

Review by (United States) 17th February 2014

What a difference! The new terminal 3 is so much better than the old terminal 2. The building is spacious bright I've been to Las Vegas many times since the 1980's and this last pass through on a plane change I saw a once beautiful airport reduced to a trash heap. Garbage everywhere restrooms filthy. Slot machines have been added everywhere crowding out passenger seating in the terminals. One would think with all that slot money they could afford additional cleaning staff. Avoid this airport if possible.

Review by (United Kingdom) 9th December 2013

What a difference! The new terminal 3 is so much better than the old terminal 2. The building is spacious bright and clean. Arriving from the UK was pretty smooth and efficient. It probably took about 45 mins to go through US Customs collect my bags and exit. Staff including immigration are friendly. On the way back I used the airport lounge which is a bit small compared to other lounges but had a nice choice of food and snacks and the bar staff were very nice. There isn't a lot of choice when it comes to duty free shops and the whole airport feels empty as there are a lot of departure gates but not enough international fights utilising them. Overall a nice airport to fly into.

Review by (United States) 12th August 2013

The D and E gates at LAS are very nice. The terminal is bright clean and offers good views of the runways and apron operations if you are in the D gates. The security line for the C and D gate was very long so be prepared for a 20 minute wait. My only complaint was the lack of choice when it came to finding something to eat. There were plenty of Starbucks but not a whole lot of other place.

Review by (United Kingdom) 28th April 2013

Not overly impressed with this airport. We checked which took a while (Thomas Cook) to find that when we attempted to pas through security we were turned away because TC had not printed the boarding passes correctly this caused stress to quite a few passengers. Once through security we found terminal 3 lacking in eateries and shops (been in better local airports). You can smoke through security in the casino areas.

Review by (Canada) 22nd December 2012

I went to this airport last year in Vegas and it was quite crowded but I guess it was being renovated. The security people were nice and this year I went back for my Vegas vacation and the airport looked impressive spacious and all the amenities were accessible to passengers. There are good restaurants and stores with reasonable prices and the security people I met were respectful and helpful. I was so impressed with the wheelchair person provided to me at the airport as I needed a wheelchair. He was great helped me in security put all my stuff in trays and helped me get them back including my shoes. This is my second time to go to Vegas and I can only say I wouldn't hesitate to go back again via this great airport.

Review by (United Kingdom) 22nd November 2012

Flew in from LGW on Virgin. Couldn't believe how straightforward exiting the airport was. Staff including immigration helpful and friendly. Flew out a week later internal to Miami. No problems apart from long hike to D gate and way overpriced bottled water. To reviewers rating this as worst airport in the US I'd suggest avoiding Miami - truly the worst airport in the US and probably the world.