Larnaca Airport

Review by (Cyprus) 6th June 2015

I will be coming back to LCA. The staff are friendly and the queue for departures was quick. Toilets and generally the airport was very clean. Arrival queue was long as our plane landed at the same times as a Russian 747 landed. But got out in a taxi everything in 30 mins very good. Will be reviewing my South Eastern airport I will visit. LCA is also 100% better than PFO.

Review by (United Kingdom) 27th May 2015

I have been coming to Cyprus now for 10 years and never had problems until yesterday 24th May 2015 around 8pm. Having checked in online and dropped our cases of we then we're faced with a queue to get through which to say was chaos is an understatement. It took almost hour and a half to clear security there was queues going in all directions and no staff available to control it or even apologise for the chaos. What went wrong.

Review by (Israel) 24th March 2015

Stop over on a flight TLV-SKG. Small airport going down from arriving plane by bus I think we were the only arrived flight at that time passport control was done manually since the checking post had mishap in computer and check was done manually. Clean airport offers lot of shops and refreshment.

Review by (United Kingdom) 15th August 2014

Used Larnaca airport (LCA) arrivals on 22/07/2014 and departures 12/08/2014. The 'new' LCA terminal is a world away from the old one. Arrived about 16.30 ours being the only flight in the arrivals hall at that time. Passport checks were minimal. Just about had time to use the toilet facilities (clean) before our baggage appeared on the carousel. Picked our car up and were on our way in 25-30 minutes after arrival. Departure check-in was easy. Arrived in departures about 15 minutes before check-in opened so no queue and checked-in by pleasant ground handling staff. Toilet facilities pre immigration and security screening were fine. Not a lot of seating in departures pre immigration and security screening though. Short queues at immigration and security screening handled by pleasant staff despite it being a busy period for departures. Lots of shops in the 'new' departures terminal post security and as to be expected selling the usual range of food and non-food items at very high prices. Plenty of seating. Boarding gate procedures handled by the same pleasant check-in staff. Signage/displays in both arrivals and departures was fine. I'd happily use LCA again.

Review by (United Kingdom) 29th July 2014

Great Airport. Arrival on a BA flight from London. Even though the arrival coincided with a flight from Russia passport control was efficient and prompt. Separate queues for EU and non-EU passengers. Even though we were in a queue with Russians they were processed quickly. Baggage started arriving a few moments after we arrived at the reclaim area. Departure: Empty check in area - we arrived 3.5 hours before our flight and were checked in without queuing. Security was also empty and we went straight through even though it was 5pm. Departure area spacious clean and at a nice temperature. Good choice of eateries and shops. I remember the old terminal at Larnaca - and this is a world away from that. Its a modern efficient airport and a pleasure to travel through.
Facilities N/A

Review by (United Kingdom) 25th June 2014

Lovely airport pity about the security 'fiasco' and poor organisation of large numbers of passengers departing at similar times. More staff needed and better training of crowd management.

Review by (Greece) 28th August 2013

Brand new immaculately clean airport. Clean tidy directional signs everywhere walkways very good restaurants and duty free sales stores. Passport control as best as you can expect same goes for check in and security procedures. On the negative side: 1) Arrival 15/8 from ATH on time on a very good Cyprus Airways flight and luggage was delivered almost 45 minutes later though airport was not busy. Unacceptable by any standards. 2) At car rentals nobody spoke Greek and I was asked to sign an agreement only in English which I refused. 3) Most sales staff at duty free and restaurants are inefficient and do not speak the local language which is a disgrace to Greek passengers. 4) Before check in there is very limited seating capacity. Such a brand new airport with such awful seats?. 5) Public address system was full of distortions hardly understandable.

Review by (United Kingdom) 20th November 2012

Clearly this airport is not at full capacity in November but it was an excellent experience on arrival and departure. Arriving was very easy with no queue for passport checks and less than 10 minutes for luggage delivery. Departing was almost as good a short wait to check-in but no real queue for security or passports. The departure area is clean and airy with a good range of shops and cafes. Only real complaint is that we were called to the departure gate at least 15 minutes earlier than necessary - and just stood in a queue while nothing happened. Larnaca is much better than many airports I could mention.

Review by (Italy) 28th August 2012

I found Larnaca a very fine and functional airport. For our night flight we had seven counters at our disposal with no queue. Not a big airport but very clean and pleasant. A very good experience.

Review by (United Kingdom) 25th July 2012

I remember the old Larnaca Airport well tThe new Larnaca Airport is fantastic though. I arrived on BA from LHR and it took me 25 minutes to clear the terminal from stepping off the aircraft to getting into my taxi. No queues excellent and clean easy to get around. I departed on A3 for London Heathrow and baggage drop opened late meaning people were queuing for some time other than that no problems in clearing security and the airport has an abundance of shops and eateries. It is also incredibly clean with good toilet facilities too. With plenty of boarding bridges it also means boarding aircraft is much easier. This is easily now one of the best airports in Europe - clean and easy to get around.