Top 100 Airlines

Lanzarote Arrecife Airport

"security quick, easy and painless"

Lanzarote Arrecife for arrival it would seem that there is only 1 door into Passport Control which was at the opposite end of the terminal to the gate our easyJet flight landed at. We passed quite a few locked doors which I think would of cut the walk down, bearing in mind that the island attracts older visitors. Maybe a bit of common sense would dictate that a short/shorter walk would make the airport more customer friendly. Passport control gave me the impression of the flight had woken the officer from their sleep. Mine did not touch the passport and handed it back unopened? The wait for cases was none as we walked into baggage reclaim the cases were on the belt. Then a short walk to the taxi queue and there was a good supply of taxis. For departure the check in opened at the 2 hour point and was prompt, efficient and easy to follow (Maybe the Swissport staff at Stansted should visit to see how it is done). The staff were friendly, polite, and very helpful. However there is a lack of seats before security. The signs to Security were good and easy to follow. Having read some negative reviews here and on other websites I found the process to be quick easy and painless, maybe I know what to expect and normally arrive at security control, ready to be screened. Once passed security there is the usual duty free shops and a good selections of food outlets, The food outlet I used was reasonably priced for both food and drink. The flight was boarded early and took off early.
Date VisitMarch 2016

"pleasantly surprised"

Pleasantly surprised by this airport after one or two negative reviews. Not a very large airport, and because we departed on a major changeover day for many package holiday companies, it was absolutely thronged with passengers. Long queues at check-in and security, but the airport staff kept them moving quickly. The staff were brisk, but friendly and helpful. A good number of shops, bars and restaurants, including an outside terrace for passengers wanting a final dose of sunshine. Reasonable number of toilets, which seemed clean and well maintained. Only negative points were poor wifi and the comparatively small number of seats for folk waiting for their flights to be called. But all in all, not a bad airport at all.
Date VisitFebruary 2016

"arrogant, obnoxious and damn right rude"

On our annual visit to Lanzarote, it never fails to displease me, coming to the island is perfect, no problems whatsoever, I always find islanders and staff at the airport to be very pleasant and courteous, but when you leave, a different story. The security and customs staff are arrogant, obnoxious and damn right rude, every year upon leaving you get rushed through the metal detectors and have yourself prodded and gently shoved about. This year, I wasn't quick enough, 3 times I was put through and then sent me off for a drugs test, of course it was clear. Security not being happy with the result then tried a different drug test machine, again clear so he trotted off and left me in front of everyone, not knowing what to do, I waited on instructions, not happy with that he rudely gave me the thumbs up to go, at a distance of 20 feet. Yes I will be returning to enjoy my annual holidays as I love the island and its people just not the Gestapo staff at the security.
Date VisitOctober 2015

Lanzarote Arrecife Airport customer review

Arrival OK. Quickly off the plane and baggage re-claim time reasonable. On return some issues around the staff. Lady on bag drop desk very pleasant but security staff brusque and ill mannered. Appreciate that they have a job to do but shouting "laptop/I pod" randomly at passengers and waving hands does not make for a happy experience. So busy searching for the huge list of things being shouted at me (most of which I didn't have!) was then turned on my heel by a guard shouting "lady - belt!". Could see that older passengers and those with young children were getting a bit stressed. However we hadn't yet met the lady in duty free! On purchasing a gift we were asked if we had 20 cents. Whilst getting out purse/wallet to try and assist we were assailed with a raised voice and a snatched note when we could not apparently magic up the requested coin within 10 seconds. Beer on the terrace very expensive but some decent sandwiches in the shop next to Burger King which we enjoyed on the flight home. This airport used to be better than this. Have scored based on the airport overall - there is no category for staff!

Lanzarote Arrecife Airport customer review

Security search area has been revamped and enlarged which will hopefully put an end to the queues stretching back into the check-in area. Went straight through with no delay at all.

Lanzarote Arrecife Airport customer review

Flew back yesterday (Thursday). Queue for security stretched back past. Check in desks. Staff were rude and very unhelpful. Did not seem to have anything like enough scanners for the volume of traffic.

Lanzarote Arrecife Airport customer review

As before quite pleasant small airport let down by its security - just rude and confrontational. Arrival was OK but we waited some time for the luggage even though the airport was quiet. Thomson check-in slowish but why don't the security people make it clear they want electronic items separately and who thought forcing a passenger to put a buggy through the x-ray machine when it was obviously too big was sensible.

Lanzarote Arrecife Airport customer review

Recently passed through here again without problem. Departed on a Saturday security well organised and no queues. From bag drop to airside in less than half an hour. Can be different at busy times especially Thursdays as per my previous comments. Terminal is adequate and no long walks to gate.

Lanzarote Arrecife Airport customer review

Arrivals and security very quick and efficient. Baggage reclaim poor and slow. On leaving huge queues after check in to get to security and confusing instructions from staff who were mismanaging the lines when you got close. Surly security staff and hold ups caused by slow screening due to operator stopping belt to chat with friends! Absolute rubbish system. Airside crowded and this in December! Must be absolute murder in peak season.

Lanzarote Arrecife Airport customer review

Ridiculous walk to reach the coaches on arrival. This however pales into insignificance given the absolute chaos upon departure! Long check in queues at Thomson desks and then even longer queues for security. The lack of organisation and rude personnel had to be seen to be believed. We arrived at the airport 2 hours before departure and only just made it onto the plane in time. No chance of a drink or duty free shopping. It was my friends' first visit to Lanzarote and she loved the holiday but will not be returning due to the airport experience.