La Guardia Airport

"an embarrassment to NYC"

Not Verified | This airport is an embarrassment to NYC on so many levels. Conditions are significantly worse than many/most airports in the developing world. In addition to the poor conditions, it is now necessary to take an airport bus to get a cab into the City. Ridiculous.
Date VisitMay 2018

"Horrible experience"

No TSA pre check. The agent manning the check was horrible, he couldn’t figure out how to give us the paper to allow us to keep shoes on etc. Made us take out everything even though we had our paper. Separated all of our belongings into different bins after we put it in bins. I left behind my entire makeup bag as I am not used to having to remove it from my carry-on. Horrible experience and we travel a lot!
Date VisitMay 2018

"This airport is awful"

Trip Verified | This airport is awful. Where are the signs for long-term parking? There are no signs for long-term parking. Security was a huge wait. Arrived at airport two hours before my flight and made it with minutes to spare. It's like a horrible maze designed to make you miss your flight. I have no idea how much I'll have to pay for parking, and I parked outside with the winter storm today, I have no idea if my car will even be there when I get back.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"poorly staffed, disorganized"

Not Verified | This airport is poorly staffed, slow, disorganized, confusing, dirty, old, and expensive. In the words of a previous review, “a total disaster”. Worst airport I’ve ever been in and I’ve been to Kathmandu, Nepal, which more resembled a shed than an airport.
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"food at this airport is a total scam"

Not Verified | My review is for the food at this airport. Why would an airport ever have one vendor for the entire airport. That is absolutely outrageous. There is absolutely zero competition and horrible selections for full blown gouging prices. Can you believe a food court with different places, all owned by the same company, ridiculous. $6 for a slice of pizza. $7 for a bag of candy and a drink. $12 for a small sandwich. Absolutely outrageous. This company should be completely fired and removed from this airport immediately. The food at this airport is a total scam.
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"airport feels very old and outdated"

Trip Verified | How is it possible that the Greatest City on Earth has this joke of an airport for domestic flights? The airport feels very old and outdated. Food court available only before the security. Once you pass security - there’s not much choice at all! Restrooms are not cleaned regularly. It’s time to modernize LGA - New Yorkers deserve better!
Date VisitDecember 2017

"the worst I have ever been to"

Not Verified | This airport is the worst I have ever been to. I have flown all over the world and have never experienced anything this bad. On top of the poor conditions the staff are rude and in no way helpful. I swore many years ago I would never use La Guardia again and after trying one more time I am comfortable never using this terrible airport again.

"No good facilities"

Not Verified | I have travelled many airports throughout the world. Terminal 1 in La Guardia is by far the worse! Free WiFi for 30 minutes, are you in the Stone Age? If your flight gets delayed, you do not have much to do. No good facilities to talk about. I do not think we will use this airport again.
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"a disgrace to this thing we call airports"

Not Verified | La Guardia is a disgrace to this thing we call airports. Advertised $4 hot dog? Useless iPads will clear that up for you! $12 for a hot dog. Over $20 for a full meal. No restaurants for people who want something quick and cheap, and even the stores that sell fast snacks had terrible selection (they don't even sell Doritos). Literally every flight was delayed: we were misinformed multiple times about the extent of our delay, about whether or not we were waiting on another aircraft to arrive or if they were going to use a different aircraft. The WiFi is ridiculously expensive, hence the urge to write a terrible review during your free complimentary 30 minutes of wifi before you are kicked off and forced to pay! But, if wasting your own hard earned money and valuable time doesn't bother you, then you'll absolutely love this airport!
Date VisitDecember 2017

"This is a terrible airport"

Trip Verified | What moron thought up the airport bus system to rental cars. Two transfers, miss marked buses, inaccurate directions. Biden was mistaken, LaGuardia is not a third world country, it’s a failed country. This is a terrible airport. NYC should shut it down, tear it down, and start all over.