La Guardia Airport

"This is a terrible airport"

Trip Verified | What moron thought up the airport bus system to rental cars. Two transfers, miss marked buses, inaccurate directions. Biden was mistaken, LaGuardia is not a third world country, it’s a failed country. This is a terrible airport. NYC should shut it down, tear it down, and start all over.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"everything falling apart"

Not Verified | La Guardia airport is a total zoo. When I flew back in 2014 it was a disaster, 3 years later nothing has changed. When AA took over US Airways they got Terminal C which is where the legacy US Airways routes including flights to Charlotte depart. Terminal C is awful, very small, limited food options and very little seating, the AA side of the terminal is bland while the Delta side is a lot nicer with iPads (with almost no apps) set up. Airport is very very old and very dirty and everything seems to be falling apart. Expect your flight to be delayed out of LGA flight rarely leave LaGuardia on time. Our flight ended up leaving 45 minutes late, check-in was super slow and so was security, most of the staff are completely clueless and have no idea what is going on. When arriving in LaGuardia they gave us the wrong carousel for our bags and after waiting 30 minute we finally found them at a different carousel on the other side of arrivals and the airport staff had absolutely no idea! While JFK and Newark can also have quite a bit of problems LaGuardia seems to be one of the worst, so avoid!
Date VisitJanuary 2017

"extremely disappointed with my experience"

Not Verified | I have been flying 3+ times a year for the last 10 years. I'm extremely disappointed with my experience at La Guardia both the arrival and departure. When I arrived I felt as though I was boarding he subway, the smell was horrendous. When I was going through security for the departure I have never met ruder people.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"food was extremely over priced"

Unverified | When I departed the airport on a Saturday morning, security lines were really short but I was hungry for breakfast so I went to a restaurant. The food was extremely over priced. $4 for toast and $5 for water. Very upsetting but the good thing was that my flight departed on time. When I got back on Monday, I had a much better experience. The moment I got to the taxi line, the dispatcher got me a taxi and I was on my way.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"This airport is a total disaster"

Unverified | This airport is a total disaster. They are under construction so go figure. There is a lot of traffic due to the exterior color metrication. The TSA pre-check was fast. Once in the terminal there are a few restaurants and a couple of stores. Food and beverage prices are a little high, your typical airport prices. The airport crew can be a little nasty and not helpful. They didn't allow me to start inside the terminal as my flights kept on being canceled and got stranded there for 3 days. The construction means that some areas are closed, and everything feels right.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"airport is a total disaster"

"a total disaster"

Verified Review | La Guardia airport is a total disaster. They are under construction so go figure. There is a lot of traffic due to the exterior works. The TSA pre-check was fast. Once in the terminal there are a few restaurants and a couple of stores. Food and beverage prices are a little high, your typical airport prices. The airport crew can be a little nasty and not helpful. They didn't allow me to stay inside the terminal as my flights kept on being canceled and got stranded there for 3 days. The construction means that some areas are closed.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"woman is still there doing nothing"

Unverified | Friday July 21. I arrive at the airport to meet my daughter and her 3-year-old son. Their Spirit flight from Chicago is arriving at least one hour late. I am told the only place to wait for arriving passengers is near baggage claim. There is a woman there, apparently doing nothing, in a kind of uniform wearing a badge reading something like "passenger assistant". I ask her where to find an arrivals monitor. She laughs and says: "there are no such monitors here". I ask where to find them elsewhere, she says "there are only departures monitors". I express my surprise, she keeps laughing and she says "this is how this airport is right now". Then I ask her to please find information about Spirit 630, she laughs again and says "it's impossible". Then I wander about the airport, finally spotting, on the floor above, an arrivals monitor. The arrival appears to be imminent, so I go downstairs not to miss my daughter. Of course I still don't know whether the plane has landed. The woman is still there doing nothing.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"through security in less than 10 minutes"

Unverified | 7.30am departure on Air Canada in La Guardia Terminal B on a Monday morning could have been an anxious experience but it was shockingly smooth. We were through security in less than 10 minutes. The A gate area is small, but there was seating for all and food options available with short queues at 6.30am. There was even a tiny duty free shop open. 30min of free wifi is available and worked fine.
Date VisitJune 2017

"staff friendly and helpful"

We arrived at La Guardia Airport because our flight out of JFK was cancelled and we were re-routed. Staff at the ticket counter (Delta) were courteous and helpful (at 5:00 a.m.). We were booked on a flight that didn't leave until 14 hours later, but staff suggested we go on the stand-by list, and we were in the air within an hour. The gate seating was very adequate. There were iPads to use free, and were able to charge our phone. Staff at the gate were also very friendly and helpful.
Date VisitMarch 2017