Vote Now

La Guardia Airport

"nowhere to sit"

Verified Review | I arrived at La Guardia airport in American / Delta terminal and had to wait 50 minutes to meet my colleague flying in on a separate flight. There is nowhere to sit - period. When I enquired I was told by an airport employee that all seating was taken out due to the homeless population. As a traveler who has paid for a flight into NY that should not become my burden. I am saddened by the homeless population but I am a senior citizen north of 60 and to not have a place to sit seems unhealthy and unreasonable.
Date VisitDecember 2016

"parking buses are inconsistent and sporadic"

Verified Review | I understand that the parking is difficult and you have to leave at least another hour plus. The buses are so inconsistent and sporadic at La Guardia that the system is in disarray. Upon our arrival for our first flight the bus we needed was no where to be found. Another bus radioed the correct bus and no answer. He was nice enough to bring us close to our terminal since we waited over 40 minutes. If this driver didn't help us we probably would have missed our flight. Upon our return the same senerio happened- no directions and every employee we asked hadn't a clue. We waited 40 minutes and the driver stops and talked to everyone he knows bringing the trip to retrieve our car close to a hour and 10 min. The airport should institute and educate directions to their employees and have signs for where to go. Airport staff as far as TSA, American Airlines staff and the Hudson news staff were excellent. This isn't our first time parking since construction. Once the parking issue is complete it will be seamless like prior to the construction.

"signage is confusing"

Just a short visit to La Guardia airport but one I will never forget. Staff are 50/50 between ok and horrible. Signage is confusing. Nice doesn't feature and helpfulness was swapped some time ago with disdain, apathy and hatred for mankind. I don't want to come through here ever again.
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"finally getting an upgrade"

I fly American Airlines now into LaGuardia so I can use C terminal. Yes, this airport is horrible. But if you fly Delta or American you will have a great chance of getting C terminal and not the the main terminals which are run down and dirty but glad this airport is finally getting an upgrade.
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"impossible to talk to anyone"

Worst airport I have ever been to. Flight was canceled and could not get any answers. They had 2 girls working at the information desk and almost half of the flights were canceled. Needless to say it was impossible to talk to anyone. Some people said it was the weather, which was clear, other said it was an electrical problem and still some said it was the other airports mistake. People were rude and not informative Never again..
Date VisitAugust 2016

"dysfunctional, disorganized, dirty"

I have traveled through more than 30 airports worldwide over the last 35 years. La Guardia is the most dysfunctional, disorganized, dirty and disgusting airport I have ever dealt with, which unfortunately only seems to get worse with every time I am forced to travel through it due to flight or airline choice. It is so disappointing that an airport in a hub city like NY is worse than any third world airport I've been through. I cannot emphasize enough how much I loathe this airport.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"unorganized sloppy run facility"

Had to connect through here and after my last experience here 5 years ago I swore this never again. Spent 4 hours in line for take off to the point it got hotter through the day and we had to return to the gate, supposedly for fuel. After another thirty minutes the flight was cancelled. At this point I have to guess there were forty to fifty planes waiting to take off. It is an unorganized sloppy run facility where the employees carry an entitlement attitude vs a service attitude. I will cancel a trip rather than travel through this place again.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"getting to La Guardia was a nightmare"

Getting to La Guardia was a nightmare. They are doing construction and don't know how to properly divert traffic. I was flying Delta and I was pleasantly surprised to find the terminal was not bad. My prior experiences at LGA were not good. The other terminals are beyond horrible. I was expecting long lines at the security check point, but luckily they were not bad. It took less than 10 minutes to get through. The usual hassles, but not worse than other places. They herded us onto the plane and we got seated and we were all smiles when the plane left the gate on time. But that is when things got bad. We spent just under an hour waiting on line to take off. This added substantially to our travel time. Worst part is that when we flew back, the same thing happened. We landed early but ended up waiting close to an hour to get to our gate. The incompetence shown by the Port Authority of NY and NJ is incredible. I would recommend that you avoid this airport as much as possible. A week after this trip I took another out of Newark and that was a much more pleasant experience. It's hard to believe these two airports are run the by same agency.
Date VisitJune 2016

"nothing short of horrible"

My experience at La Guardia was nothing short of horrible. It's nasty, disorganized, and the airport staff are rude. Expect to be met with a scowl upon your arrival, and know that any and all questions/complaints will fall on deaf ears. New York is a great city with hospitable people, but this mockery of an establishment does not reflect that greatness. I didn't have an issue with the fact that our flight was delayed five hours, but I did have a problem with the attitudes of the employees, the frustratingly slow service, and the general lack of information that is provided regarding airport procedures. I traveled from New York to Atlanta, and there is a stark difference between the two airports. La Guardia needs to figure out what Hartsfield-Jackson airport is doing right and get their act together.
Date VisitApril 2016

"not enough seats"

Not enough seats at the gates, or enough bathrooms. Bathrooms had no paper towels and the soap dispensers look just like the faucets. They are not marked as soap, so most women in there were wandering around looking for soap. The most annoying aspect of this airport is the inability to pay with cash for anything. I am sure they think they are being progressive by insisting orders be placed via IPads, but it isn't progressive. It is a slap in the face for customer service. Nothing like having three employees standing around doing nothing while you have to stand there and maneuver a ridiculous amount of screens and menus to order a cup of tea. Apparently a person without a credit card is not welcome to eat or drink at la Guardia airport.
Date VisitApril 2016