La Guardia Airport

"such a pleasant experience"

Trip Verified | I’ve read so many bad reviews on this airport and was terrified to go. But it was such a pleasant experience! The staff here were very nice compared to usual airport staff. The food court is modern and has great and healthy choices. There’s an airport link that is super convenient. I’m actually excited to fly to and from La Guardia again!
Date VisitJuly 2018

"unwilling to assist the passengers"

Not Verified | The departing gate is not big enough to accommodate the passengers. It is dirty and the Spirit staff are rude, obnoxious and unwilling to assist the passengers. Mostly interested in how they could catch passengers trying to board with larger carry on bags than allowed. Instead of being trained to offer customer service, they are trained to generate extra income for Spirit Airlines. Spirit Airlines is all about the money!
Date VisitApril 2018

"dropped off at the wrong end"

Trip Verified | We had to ride there from JFK and were dropped off at the wrong end of the terminal and were not guided to the disabled handicap area to catch our flight. We had asked four different people before someone finally told us and by the way that was another customer not even one of the staff members at LaGuardia. As we were going through the airport the gentleman that was taking my mothers wheelchair pushed her into an object and in to me which was absolutely unacceptable.
Date VisitMay 2018

"an embarrassment to NYC"

Not Verified | This airport is an embarrassment to NYC on so many levels. Conditions are significantly worse than many/most airports in the developing world. In addition to the poor conditions, it is now necessary to take an airport bus to get a cab into the City. Ridiculous.

"Horrible experience"

No TSA pre check. The agent manning the check was horrible, he couldn’t figure out how to give us the paper to allow us to keep shoes on etc. Made us take out everything even though we had our paper. Separated all of our belongings into different bins after we put it in bins. I left behind my entire makeup bag as I am not used to having to remove it from my carry-on. Horrible experience and we travel a lot!

"This airport is awful"

Trip Verified | This airport is awful. Where are the signs for long-term parking? There are no signs for long-term parking. Security was a huge wait. Arrived at airport two hours before my flight and made it with minutes to spare. It's like a horrible maze designed to make you miss your flight. I have no idea how much I'll have to pay for parking, and I parked outside with the winter storm today, I have no idea if my car will even be there when I get back.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"poorly staffed, disorganized"

Not Verified | This airport is poorly staffed, slow, disorganized, confusing, dirty, old, and expensive. In the words of a previous review, “a total disaster”. Worst airport I’ve ever been in and I’ve been to Kathmandu, Nepal, which more resembled a shed than an airport.
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"food at this airport is a total scam"

Not Verified | My review is for the food at this airport. Why would an airport ever have one vendor for the entire airport. That is absolutely outrageous. There is absolutely zero competition and horrible selections for full blown gouging prices. Can you believe a food court with different places, all owned by the same company, ridiculous. $6 for a slice of pizza. $7 for a bag of candy and a drink. $12 for a small sandwich. Absolutely outrageous. This company should be completely fired and removed from this airport immediately. The food at this airport is a total scam.
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"airport feels very old and outdated"

Trip Verified | How is it possible that the Greatest City on Earth has this joke of an airport for domestic flights? The airport feels very old and outdated. Food court available only before the security. Once you pass security - there’s not much choice at all! Restrooms are not cleaned regularly. It’s time to modernize LGA - New Yorkers deserve better!
Date VisitDecember 2017

"the worst I have ever been to"

Not Verified | This airport is the worst I have ever been to. I have flown all over the world and have never experienced anything this bad. On top of the poor conditions the staff are rude and in no way helpful. I swore many years ago I would never use La Guardia again and after trying one more time I am comfortable never using this terrible airport again.
Date VisitJanuary 2018