Kunming Airport

Review by (India) 12th June 2014

A very modern building and a large terminal but very long walks to and from gates. Not very clean including the toilets. The persons cleaning the toilets would keep the toilet rooms locked and you would have to request him to open it up. The security and immigration staff are very rude and disorganised. I stood in a queue for immigration security staff were shouting and screaming at passengers. My hand bag had already been screened and cleared and just as I was about to go a lady started screaming at me 'Check Check" and wanted me to put the bag through again. Their systems were clearly not organised much like our Indian airports. The worst experience I had was when I had arrived the previous night from PVG at around 12.30 am. Not a single airline counter was open in the arrival or departure hall and there were touts openly moving around the arrival area soliciting people for hotel and taxi. I will avoid this airport in future.

Review by (China) 22nd October 2013

A very long walk between gates and between terminals. Little in the way of eating we could only find one restaurant that was opened and this was 10 in the morning. A very disappointing place and I will try and give it a miss when flying out of Chengdu.

Review by (Australia) 30th September 2013

On arrival a very large new complex. A long walk from arrival gate to baggage claim area. For a new complex it looks old. Dirty windows and patchy paint. I will have to wait and report on the departure process in 3 weeks time.
Facilities N/A

Review by (United Arab Emirates) 30th September 2013

Spectacular to look at and spotless but beware the walk to/from the gate. And at around $12US the most expensive coffee ever. There is supposed to be a metro to the city which did not appear to be operational. I used the airport bus 13 yuan single however this only operates between 0600 and 2100 and is not sign-posted I only found it by chance. After 2100 a taxi is your only option. General tip when using taxis in China: print off your destination in Chinese script. The driver will not speak or read English.

Review by (South Korea) 20th July 2013

I think it's the most beautiful airport building that I've seen but the services and facilities unfortunately don't match. The transfer procedures between domestic and international flights are a bit confusing and the signage isn't adequate. Also there is a lack of nice places to buy food and drinks; and a lack of western style toilets.